• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

wolf
Disclaimer
Good plinking/target ammo... if you're not in a hurry... Expected availability: December 24, 2012.

Product link: Wolf .223

Regular Price for 1000 is $214.97 + $18.99 shipping...

Use coupon "SPGDEAL10" for $20 off $150 or "SPGGUNS10" for $25 off $185

If you join to get the membership price; skip the first offer, then you get the 10% off + Free shipping, getting it down to $165.23 (at least for me).

-z3n

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Wolf
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great price on plinkin ammo,Thanks

Cheap. But clean your rifle afterward.

It does shoot dirty but not corrosive.

is Wolf ammo not very good? I was looking into target shooting and one of the indoor range in my area bans Wolf ammo.

alphaivt said:   is Wolf ammo not very good? I was looking into target shooting and one of the indoor range in my area bans Wolf ammo.

It bans wolf because it is steel cased and not brass. That means they have to take a few extra seconds to sort it out of their reload pile which some gun ranges simply cant be bothered to do. I suggest taking your business somewhere else.

Watch the youtube video.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5ZB3UfG960

poison7FL said:   Cheap. But clean your rifle afterward.

Enlighten me... Why do you have to clean your rifle after using Wolf ammo? You always should do this anyways, but what is different about Wolf?

Wolf ammo shoots fine , and if you don't clean your weapon after use its says a lot about you and your weapons

GREAT VIDEO... THANKS!abottomfeeder said:   Watch the youtube video.

ddub said:   alphaivt said:   is Wolf ammo not very good? I was looking into target shooting and one of the indoor range in my area bans Wolf ammo.

It bans wolf because it is steel cased and not brass. That means they have to take a few extra seconds to sort it out of their reload pile which some gun ranges simply cant be bothered to do. I suggest taking your business somewhere else.

Not the steel case, but the steel (bi-metal) jacket. The bullets will destroy metal backstops. Find an indoor range that has a dirt backstop.

Richardito said:   poison7FL said:   Cheap. but clean your rifle afterward.

Enlighten me... Why do you have to clean your rifle after using Wolf ammo? You always should do this anyways, but what is different about Wolf?

Of course you should always clean after shooting. But with this ammo, and its lacquer coating, you should pay better attention than just running a snake down the bore because its dirtier and the lacquer tends to melt and re-harden in your rifle. Use a good foam cleaner.

1st off Poison,You should see the video and then secondly I know all too well that Wolf ammo hasn't used laquer coatings for yrs,maybe your buying or using old ammo. In that case I would suggest you try some newer Wolf ammo,I thought you had claimed to be an armorer yet didn't know this yet or that the issues with tha ammo are related to the timing issues with thew shorter barrels most modern sporters are using, where have you been man,lol

Here's what I'm seeing... ????

Order Summary
Merchandise Total 204.22
Coupon - $25.00
Buyer's Club Membership $29.99
Shipping MethodGroundPackage
Grand Total $209.21

Yea, so I signed up for membership first and i'm still searching/waiting for this additional 10% off deal, where do you see it?

abottomfeeder said:   Watch the youtube video.

Another thanks here. Great video w great explanation.

FYI, for those of you wondering, to wolf or not to wolf...watch it.

ckalvoda22 said:   Yea, so I signed up for membership first and i'm still searching/waiting for this additional 10% off deal, where do you see it?

When I did the membership, about 5 years ago, they sent me a membership card, and a couple coupons to use for the 10% off. Just use the code on the coupon when ordering online.

It's all back ordered now.

Dave

Same here on the additional 10% off, best price i can get is $209 including the membership cost.

Dug a bit deaper.

Actual deal is spend $29.99 on the membership and
save $10.75 (5% on ammo) on the ammo price everyday,
get FREE ground shipping on today's order worth $18.99
and get Two $10 coupons for future orders worth $20.00
-
TOTAL SAVINGS
$49.74

There is no 10% off the order. The deal is 5% off on ammo for membership.

Total cost would be $209.xx for 1000 rounds. Still seams like a decent deal at $0.21 per round. or $4.20 per 20 pack.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014