• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Saveology Exxon $20 for $5 works with NEW & EXISTING accounts Hurry!!!

https://www.saveology.com/deals/national/exxon-mobile-gas-card?u...

corpusguy op

Member Summary

mobil
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I got my $20 Exxon Card in the mail today and did get a $5 refund on my Discover Card. Any new charges not approved by m... (more)

MISTERCHEAP (Oct. 26, 2012 @ 3:13p) |

Received GC in mail today. My AMEX shows the following activity--

10/21 - $5.00
10/24 - <$5.00>
10/25 - $5.00

So, unless I ... (more)

labboypro (Oct. 26, 2012 @ 5:52p) |

When you redeem your voucher, you will be forced to call "redemption center" and listen to their sales pitch and upselli... (more)

alexts (Nov. 01, 2012 @ 2:41p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

thnx BB!

just got it, with existing account! HURRY!!!

Anyone recall how to redeem online? PDF voucher says I have to call them... which is silly.

Nice! Easy $15 profit. Actually $18 because I had $3 in my Saveology account already LOL.

Green!

don't forget 5.5% FW Cash!

labboypro said:   Anyone recall how to redeem online? PDF voucher says I have to call them... which is silly.

you have to call cause you are mailed a physical gift card, not a print out thing.

HOW TO REDEEM YOUR VOUCHER:
In order to redeem your voucher please call the Saveology.com Redemption Center -
(877) 607-6214
Please have your voucher number available. You can find your voucher number at
the top of your voucher.
You will be asked to provide the address where your deal should be shipped to.
Hours of operation for Saveology.com Redemption Center - Monday - Friday 9am

MISTERCHEAP said:   labboypro said:   Anyone recall how to redeem online? PDF voucher says I have to call them... which is silly.

you have to call...

And be assaulted with "we have a special deal just for you..." pandering.

Thanks, I'm on the line now.

Also, did you notice there's _1_ checkbox for "agree to terms" and "sign me up for email offers" AND... you can't toggle the check OFF? Slimy.

While they're on the line they try to sell you some other gift card type thing. I'm not sure how "high pressure" it was supposed to be, but they definitely didn't hear me say "I am not interested" the first time around.

They also said something about "saving half off on gasoline" when I first called. I'm not sure if this is supposed to be $20 for $10 or what...

https://www.redeemthisnow.com/

I never called and received a psychical gift card from them before.
On the voucher it even said you can redeem this at the website above.

sold out

MISTERCHEAP said:   labboypro said:   Anyone recall how to redeem online? PDF voucher says I have to call them... which is silly.

you have to call cause you are mailed a physical gift card, not a print out thing.

There are plenty of other online vendors that manage to sell physical GCs without you having to call them. They just want to make you jump through hoops to actually get your card.

Rephrasing what another poster said, it's probably that Saveology has adopted the timeshare approach to marketing...lure people in with a good deal and try to sell your product by annoying the crap out of them.

Yeah they try to sign you up for some crap $100 dining dollars deal with magazine subscriptions, annoying, but just tell them no and you'll get the $20 Exxon card.

Usual up-sell crap.

In order to redeem your voucher please call the Saveology.com Redemption Center -
(877) 607-6214
the top of your voucher.

This is a scam. I had to spend an excruciating 20 minutes giving a person at a telephone number I was directed to who barely spoke English, I mean literally, the same info I had already given online. If she got the correct address it's a miracle. I will NEVER use Saveology again! Ever!

scottxmso said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   labboypro said:   Anyone recall how to redeem online? PDF voucher says I have to call them... which is silly.

There are plenty of other online vendors that manage to sell physical GCs without you having to call them. They just want to make you jump through hoops to actually get your card.

Rephrasing what another poster said, it's probably that Saveology has adopted the timeshare approach to marketing...lure people in with a good deal and try to sell your product by annoying the crap out of them.

yes, that is true, but to be honest, the female operator I just got off the phone with was cool. Told her I wasn't interested in the promo they were selling and she didn't hassle me. Just said, ok, look for your card in 7-10 business days.

I can deal with 4 minutes of my time for $15 in free gasoline. Shoot, used to do Timeshare stuff all the time for "freebies". Got free tickets to Disney and other parks for listening to a 1-2 hour schpeil from some Timeshare place. Tix were worth well over $100, even 20 years ago. You just learn to smile and say "no thanks" and you're done.

GreenTrash said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   labboypro said:   Anyone recall how to redeem online? PDF voucher says I have to call them... which is silly.

(877) 607-6214
the top of your voucher.

This is a scam. I had to spend an excruciating 20 minutes giving a person at a telephone number I was directed to who barely spoke English, I mean literally, the same info I had already given online. If she got the correct address it's a miracle. I will NEVER use Saveology again! Ever!
Should have used the website.

Were you able to use $3 SaveologyDollars to pay this? How?

cpabster said:   Nice! Easy $15 profit. Actually $18 because I had $3 in my Saveology account already LOL.

Green!

Sorry, no, I had $3 Saveology Dollars but you can't use them on this offer. So I paid $5 for the $20 Gift Card. Still green.

Dead...surprised this co hasnt gone out of business yet with all the deals theyve had.

Expect these cards to ship like a mail in rebate would.

Each time I have purchased a good deal with Saveology the item was back ordered and not shipped out until a month later.

More scam and/or shoddy business from Saveology. Just got this email--

There was a system error which caused your Saveology Dealsí purchases to be refunded. Any credits issued for product purchased from Saveology will be charge at the original price. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any questions you can reply to this email and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Of course you may also call us at: 877-344-4812 Thank you. Saveology Deals Customer Service

Be on the lookout for double charges or re-charging at a higher rate.

labboypro said:   More scam and/or shoddy business from Saveology. Just got this email--

There was a system error which caused your Saveology Dealsí purchases to be refunded. Any credits issued for product purchased from Saveology will be charge at the original price. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any questions you can reply to this email and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Of course you may also call us at: 877-344-4812 Thank you. Saveology Deals Customer Service

I got my $20 Exxon Card in the mail today and did get a $5 refund on my Discover Card. Any new charges not approved by me will be disputed (other than ONE new $5 charge if that comes thru). I won't tolerate a higher charge or multiple $5 charges.

MISTERCHEAP said:   labboypro said:   More scam and/or shoddy business from Saveology. Just got this email--

I got my $20 Exxon Card in the mail today and did get a $5 refund on my Discover Card. Any new charges not approved by me will be disputed (other than ONE new $5 charge if that comes thru). I won't tolerate a higher charge or multiple $5 charges.

Received GC in mail today. My AMEX shows the following activity--

10/21 - $5.00
10/24 - <$5.00>
10/25 - $5.00

So, unless I see anything else come through from Saveology on the account, I'm square with them (except for the incessant spam I now receive from them, which I'll address elsewhere).

When you redeem your voucher, you will be forced to call "redemption center" and listen to their sales pitch and upselling.
Redemption center is very slow and unprofessional. At this age, it should be automatic and done online.
$5 bucks is not worth your time and aggravation.
Will not be ordering from Saveology in the future

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014