HP - Pavilion 17.3" Laptop $449 @ bestbuy

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Bestbuy has 17.3" Laptop with Windows 8 for $449 (preorder) at retail price

AMD Quad-Core A8-4500M Accelerated Processor with AMD Radeon HD 7640G discrete-class graphics 4GB Memory - 640GB Hard Drive

Link

Best Buy
Need a Best Buy coupon that earns 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

HP - Pavilion 17.3" Laptop (46.59kB)
Thanks byakuya07
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › HP

sounds like a good bargain!!

Not bad deal , i prefer Intel.

Wow. Almost as good as the awesome Staples deal.

Check out the Windows 7 clearance section while you're there. I got an open box Asus 15" A8-4500 laptop for $300 last night. The managers are wheeling and dealing to get all the old Windows 7 inventory out the front door.

I bought the A4 version last year. Awesome laptop with unlocked cpu for undervolting which leads to less battery use AND fan noise.
I don't know about this year's models, but last year it had the best screen among a few cheap 17"'s which I checked at BB. Initially I wanted to go with Toshiba but the screen had that awefull "grid pattern". If you have a BB around, check other 17" laptops before making a decision. For these big notebooks, screen quality is very critical.

WOW: 2 USB 3.0 ports and 1 USB 2.0 port
Laptops are getting USB 3.0 but few people still have those flash drives.

Thanks, green for decent value!

My personal take:

Pros:
Can't beat the value for a 17" laptop
One of the lightest weights I have seen for 17" size
Windows 8
USB 3.0
Nice screen

Cons:
HP - I am just not a fan, due to worse than average reliability
AMD - prefer i7 for performance
No touch screen

I just got back from BB and they had a VERY nice Lennovo Win8 ultra-portable with touchscreen on display. I think it was an i5 with 15" screen though, and I believe the price was $599.

I need a new laptop, but I'm trying to hold out for Black Friday.

ProppaT said:   Check out the Windows 7 clearance section while you're there. I got an open box Asus 15" A8-4500 laptop for $300 last night. The managers are wheeling and dealing to get all the old Windows 7 inventory out the front door.
You can still get windows 8 for $14.99 as long as it isn't a refurb, I think.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014