Best Buy Windows 7 Laptop Clearance Event B&M

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I went to a handful of Central Florida Best Buy stores yesterday evening, and all of them were prepping huge displays to blow out all their old display model and open box laptops running Windows 7. YMMV as far as prices go, but the managers seemed pretty eager to work with you on price.

For example, I walked out of a Best Buy with an Asus K55N-BA8094C for $299. Not too shabby for a laptop for an A8-4500M processor! There were a number of i3, A6, and A8 laptops in the $300 range and some i5s near $400. It looks like the real savings are on ultrabooks, as they seemed to be marked down several hundred lower than retail.

Best Buy
See Best Buy discounts that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Asus K55N-BA8094C (175.11kB)
Thanks byakuya07
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thanks to your post I snagged a New in Box Yamaha HT 5.1 receiver RX-V371 for $75 sweet

GEEBOSS (Oct. 25, 2012 @ 4:32p) |

Didn't realize that receiver was being phased out for Windows 8 .

bru20 (Oct. 25, 2012 @ 9:13p) |

Went back and got the Gateway NV i5 for $320 out the door.

lonesouth (Oct. 26, 2012 @ 12:25p) |

I will check this out tonight, my GF has a Vista machine that crawls along and I would like to get her a newer faster one.

Thanks for sharing, will try to score one after work

Hmmm... hope there are some HP Probook 4530s...

Unfortunately, there weren't any of these deals at the nearby BB store.

Makes sense with Windows 8 machines just around the corner. However, checked several Los Angeles Best Buys and just your typical non sale sales.

Not a thing here in VT either, not even some deals on returns or open box, ah well. They did have all kinds of signs up for $20 update to Win 8 on a purchased Win 7 machine, so not a good sign.

schmedy said:   They did have all kinds of signs up for $20 update to Win 8 on a purchased Win 7 machine, so not a good sign.

they want to make extra money on that too huh? It is supposed to be $14.99 per Microsoft

Patience, grasshopper. Most Win8 devices - including laptops and desktops - will have touchscreens, many retailers are stocked with non-touch screen Win7 ultrabooks, expect some great deals in the near term.

Whil win8 is designed to work with touchscreens it diesnt need one. Most of the current computers scheduled for release next this weekend have no touchscreen.

Whil win8 is designed to work with touchscreens it diesnt need one. Most of the current computers scheduled for release next this weekend have no touchscreen.

got a coupon too!! check your email...

Take an extra $100 off all clearance computers.

The model you got goes for 399, can you share how you got it for 299? or perhaps a copy of recipt for store match.

this thread sure as alot of green considering only 1 person got a deal so far

No go near me....

Got zenbook prime u31a with I5 and full hd for $749

Got zenbook prime u31a with I5 and full hd for $749

No go in Rochester NY.

The store in South Philadelphia and the one in Springfield, PA have pretty good deals. The one in South Philly has less available now, but better deals. The one in Springfield has more available, but are a bit tougher with their pricing. Best Buy does not price match their open box pricing, only clearance pricing. Since most of the markdowns are not clearance, your chances are not guaranteed on a price match. Generally stores have to be in the same district to be willing to price match open box/display pricing. Speaking of which, if it's on display, you can buy it. Every windows 7 computer in the store needs to be sold.

Got a Samsung - Series 7 15.6" Laptop - 8GB Memory - 1TB for under $800. Probably not the best price but I'm happy none the less. Open box and then an extra 10%

Ya Darwina - I went to 6 Best Buys yesterday and that one ranged from 770 (one store) to 870 (most stores). I was tempted on that. The i7-3615QM one? Nice machine.

shank said:   Patience, grasshopper. Most Win8 devices - including laptops and desktops - will have touchscreens,

That's pretty far-fetched. It's silly for one thing, and I've seen nothing suggesting that it's factual. Got or source, or are you just making stuff up?

slickdeal45 said:   shank said:   Patience, grasshopper. Most Win8 devices - including laptops and desktops - will have touchscreens,

That's pretty far-fetched. It's silly for one thing, and I've seen nothing suggesting that it's factual. Got or source, or are you just making stuff up?

Open this week's WorstBuy ad, look at the number of Win8 devices with touchscreens - laptops AND desktops; this is BEFORE THE OS HAS BEEN RELEASED! Some suggest that Microsoft bet the farm on Win8, expecting the integrated touch-screen capability to be a game changer http://money.cnn.com/2012/10/25/technology/microsoft-windows-8-g...

The touch-based operating system works both as a desktop PC and a tablet platform, and it's not hard to imagine Windows 8 running on a dizzying array of other devices, including table tops, wall screens, kitchen monitors and whatever new touchscreen gadgets we will be using in the future.

"This is an absolutely critical product," said Bill Gates, Microsoft's chairman, on a company video blog. "It's key to where personal computing is going."

That quote from Bill isn't talking about touch. He's talking about integration across the product line. And if you look back to every previous Windows product launch, you'll find very similar quotes. It's marketing.

Touchscreens for desktops is certainly not where the market is headed. Touchscreens for desktops (and laptops) have been around a long, long time. The reason they aren't more common is that few of us have Popeye arms. The keyboard and mouse is a much better interface for desktop computing.

slickdeal45 said:   That quote from Bill isn't talking about touch. He's talking about integration across the product line. And if you look back to every previous Windows product launch, you'll find very similar quotes. It's marketing.

Touchscreens for desktops is certainly not where the market is headed. Touchscreens for desktops (and laptops) have been around a long, long time. The reason they aren't more common is that few of us have Popeye arms. The keyboard and mouse is a much better interface for desktop computing.

Where is your source for the claim that "touchscreens for desktops is certainly not where the market is headed" or are you just making stuff up?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-33200_3-20107829-290/will-windows-8-ta... "... any Windows 8 PC that doesn't have a touchscreen is going to feel a tad retro..."

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33642_7-57492173-292/going-all-in-w... "...Going all-in with a Windows 8 touch-screen desktop... For committed touch-screen desktop users, Windows 8 will present some challenges, and a lot to like..."

I won't say that every laptop or desktop will have touch from now on, but you're certainly going to see a lot more of them. That's why the hardware is being cycled. Look through Engadget at recent lineup announcements from the major manufacturer. Most products are identical to the previous generation, but with touch added. Even Vizio is adding touch to their AIO systems. My guess is that systems without touch standard will be relegated to budget brands and models.

I'm not saying this makes sense for every user, or that it will provide all users added benefit. They may even change course after a few model cycles. But for now, the fact is: you're going to see a ton of touchscreens very soon, on everything from desktops to ultrabooks.

shank said:   Where is your source for the claim that "touchscreens for desktops is certainly not where the market is headed" or are you just making stuff up?

It's an opinion, based on about fifteen years in the business. It's worth no more or less than your opinion, but perhaps it's a bit better-formed. You can take out of context quotes from opinion pieces and product reviews, but those don't back up your claims. The opinion piece you quoted is itself a bit doubtful about the ubiquitousness of touch on the desktop, and the author's main point is that touch may someday become as prominent as a mouse. That doesn't seem to support your opinion that touchscreen desktop will suddenly become the norm with Windows 8, does it?

Besides working in technology, I'm also an attorney. I don't mind arguing pointless things. Come at me with real sources, that really say that manufacturers X, Y, and Z are converting XX% of their product line to touch screens. You'll find nothing that supports your assertion that all you'll see is touch screens, nor anything close to it. Spend your time on it, though. I'm sure it's worth it.

slickdeal45 said:   shank said:   Where is your source for the claim that "touchscreens for desktops is certainly not where the market is headed" or are you just making stuff up?

It's an opinion, based on about fifteen years in the business. It's worth no more or less than your opinion, but perhaps it's a bit better-formed. You can take out of context quotes from opinion pieces and product reviews, but those don't back up your claims. The opinion piece you quoted is itself a bit doubtful about the ubiquitousness of touch on the desktop, and the author's main point is that touch may someday become as prominent as a mouse. That doesn't seem to support your opinion that touchscreen desktop will suddenly become the norm with Windows 8, does it?

Besides working in technology, I'm also an attorney. I don't mind arguing pointless things. Come at me with real sources, that really say that manufacturers X, Y, and Z are converting XX% of their product line to touch screens. You'll find nothing that supports your assertion that all you'll see is touch screens, nor anything close to it. Spend your time on it, though. I'm sure it's worth it.

Claiming to be a technology attorney with 15 years of experience who has time to bloviate on FW does not make your opinions any more credible (business kinda slow?).

As Win8 launches tomorrow, such quantitative product breakdowns won't be readily available in the public domain until after the holiday shopping season. Until that time, we will have to rely on product announcements, such as Kashisti's Engaget reference.

Bottom line: This started as a discussion of Best Buy Windows 7 Laptop Clearance. Regardless of one's opinion, Win8 brings additional touch screen capability, Microsoft and hardware manufacturers will try to leverage this capability to stimulate demand - encourage consumers to upgrade their hardware, resulting in a buying opportunity for those willing to accept the current standard.
I'm done with this thread.

Hey, if "Most Win8 devices - including laptops and desktops - will have touchscreens," was going to happen before the holidays, you'd be seeing nothing but touch screen product announcements now. That's not the case.

Pride is tough for some people. You made a silly claim, backed up by out of context bits of contradictory information. It's alright to back down from it. There's no shame in learning nor in making mistakes.

Saw a gateway NV57 Core i5 for $299...didn't buy it, but it seems like a pretty good deal

That's a great price. Looking for a similar deal in CA.

darwina said:   Got a Samsung - Series 7 15.6" Laptop - 8GB Memory - 1TB for under $800. Probably not the best price but I'm happy none the less. Open box and then an extra 10%

yanpingye said:   got a coupon too!! check your email...

Take an extra $100 off all clearance computers.

I haven't seen any reference to a BBY $100 coupon. Staples has one currently though. Was this a serialized coupon(single use) or a promotional coupon(multi-use you can share)?

Where in central Florida are you? I'm in Gainesville and thinking about stopping by our bestbuy to see what they have.

staples coupon

here is a thread about the Staples coupon. Its not a single use coupon.

I wasn't clear, I was curious about the BBY $100 coupon.

Thanks to your post I snagged a New in Box Yamaha HT 5.1 receiver RX-V371 for $75 sweet

GEEBOSS said:   Thanks to your post I snagged a New in Box Yamaha HT 5.1 receiver RX-V371 for $75 sweet
Didn't realize that receiver was being phased out for Windows 8 .

Went back and got the Gateway NV i5 for $320 out the door.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014