• Text Only
Apple really stuck it to the iPad3 adopters with this update. Between that, the overpriced 7" tablet and the proprietary connectors, they are really testing their customers' patience and opening up opportunities for their competitors.

That said, I love their products, and have a 15" Macbook Pro, iPhone 5 and iPad 3 in the house and this is a really good price point for the iPad 3.

About time to spend some of the $500 apple gift card that I have, thanks!

ziba said:   dazviking said:   ziba said:   
I want mine swapped or my money back.

Let us know how that works out for you.
s

If we all get together we can make it work! Any lawyer here to lead us through this?

I'm a lawyer. You're an idiot. You paid for a tablet computer. You didn't pay for any sort of promise that Apple would not improve the product.

People like you make me weep for our nation.

Some people really don't know how to take a joke.

Especially lawyers

QuadesFather said:   Some people really don't know how to take a joke.

kiet1451 said:   Anyone has ideas about the ipad mini vs ipad 3????

http://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/

i just get the ipad 3 for $449 anyone know if they match the price ? it was 10 days ago..

14 day return policy pizzero, call in and complain.

Pizzero said:   i just get the ipad 3 for $449 anyone know if they match the price ? it was 10 days ago..

"Some" Apple Stores are exchanging ipad 3's for ipad 4's, if you bought it at an Apple Store. http://www.macrumors.com/2012/10/23/some-apple-retail-stores-off...

Pizzero said:   i just get the ipad 3 for $449 anyone know if they match the price ? it was 10 days ago..

Just call the Apple Store number on Apple.com. I bought a refurb 3 like two weeks ago and I called and they gave me a $70 credit with no problems.

In for 1 thanks OP

xoroniox said:   Hello,

How do you stack all three of the below?? I thought it was either VWCB OR Shop discover???

"Don't for get 1% FWCB, 5% ShopDiscover and 5% Discover online rewards."

Don't know about the stacking but I will wait till 26th, 2% extra on Discover.

I'm still loving my 32gb ipod touch 5th generation $299.99 full retail. It does everything I need and is ultra portable with the same screen as the iPhone 5. There's still many things for me to check out. This is my first apple "computer" and I am amazed how many apps are made that do practically everything I do on my desktop sans high end gaming and a few other small things. And yeah my pc has full office 2010 but I mostly use google docs anyway.

rendition said:   I'm still loving my 32gb ipod touch 5th generation $299.99 full retail. It does everything I need and is ultra portable with the same screen as the iPhone 5. There's still many things for me to check out. This is my first apple "computer" and I am amazed how many apps are made that do practically everything I do on my desktop sans high end gaming and a few other small things. And yeah my pc has full office 2010 but I mostly use google docs anyway.

Actually, I wonder if the iPad Mini will kill the Touch.

ziba said:   dazviking said:   ziba said:   
I want mine swapped or my money back.

Let us know how that works out for you.
s

If we all get together we can make it work! Any lawyer here to lead us through this?

Welcome to the world of tech!! However, I agree with the general sentiment here, within 6 months if the product gets outdated, consumers may wait more when future Apple products come out....

I heard a lot of people complaining about the Ipad3 when it came out.
Saying that the processor couldn't keep up with the retina display, and that they seemed to run pretty warm/hot.

Were any of those issues resolved since this launched in March?

If those still hold true, would seem like a poor purchase to jump on one of these.

Myers215 said:   Pizzero said:   i just get the ipad 3 for $449 anyone know if they match the price ? it was 10 days ago..

Just call the Apple Store number on Apple.com. I bought a refurb 3 like two weeks ago and I called and they gave me a $70 credit with no problems.

i just call few minutes ago and they told me i have to return the ipad to get my refund and then buy the ipad again whit the new price !!

so wait for around 30 days (return - process - get the gift C)

RhizzleBop said:   I heard a lot of people complaining about the Ipad3 when it came out.
Saying that the processor couldn't keep up with the retina display, and that they seemed to run pretty warm/hot.

Were any of those issues resolved since this launched in March?

If those still hold true, would seem like a poor purchase to jump on one of these.

That was all much ado about nothing. The iPad 3 does run a little warmer than the previous versions, but I can't say that I would ever have called it unusual. It doesn't get nearly as hot as any of the smartphones I've used. I can't say that I've ever had a problem with the processor keeping up with the display, either. Long story short, I don't think there really ever was anything to "resolve".

xoroniox said:   Hello,

How do you stack all three of the below?? I thought it was either VWCB OR Shop discover???

I don't think you can; it's one of the three; possibly only two: From shopdiscover:

Apple Store

Earn 5% CashBack Bonus

Shop the Apple Store for the iPad, iPhone, MacBook Family, iMac, iPod and Apple TV, plus the latest curated accessories for your favorite Apple device. Enjoy free shipping on every order over $50 and earn 5% CashBack Bonus from ShopDiscover when you shop at the Apple Store.
•Offer not valid on gift wrap, gift card, gift certificate, iTunes, Apple One to One Membership, Bose products, Apple in-store tutorial services, shipping, taxes, and other service fees
•Offer valid on iPhone 5 and the new iPad
•Offer is not valid in combination with any offers found outside ShopDiscover

vadeltachi said:   xoroniox said:   Hello,

I don't think you can; it's one of the three; possibly only two: From shopdiscover:

Apple Store

Earn 5% CashBack Bonus

Shop the Apple Store for the iPad, iPhone, MacBook Family, iMac, iPod and Apple TV, plus the latest curated accessories for your favorite Apple device. Enjoy free shipping on every order over $50 and earn 5% CashBack Bonus from ShopDiscover when you shop at the Apple Store.
•Offer not valid on gift wrap, gift card, gift certificate, iTunes, Apple One to One Membership, Bose products, Apple in-store tutorial services, shipping, taxes, and other service fees

If you purchase it on the 26th, can you get 5%, 5% and a 2% for a total of 12% ?

Just got my new iPad 3 from Newegg for $409 after eBay CashBack. Sure, the day I get it Apple comes out with a new iPad! That makes $409 for iPad3 not a deal at all. Dung, will have to ship it back to Newegg at my expense

gocint said:   vadeltachi said:   I don't think you can; it's one of the three; possibly only two: From shopdiscover:

Apple Store

Earn 5% CashBack Bonus

If you purchase it on the 26th, can you get 5%, 5% and a 2% for a total of 12% ?

I think so for 12% on Friday only, but ShopDiscover is somewhat hit or miss. The merchant has to report to Discover that the transaction took place (from the affiliate click-through link) for Discover to pay the 5% (or applicable rate for that site). I don't think this reporting always happens, and there's not system like Fatwallet's click history to help you figure it out.

I've had mostly good luck with ShopDiscover, but a couple recent orders I will complain about to Discover CS soon.

manly said:   gocint said:   vadeltachi said:   I don't think you can; it's one of the three; possibly only two: From shopdiscover:

Apple Store

Earn 5% CashBack Bonus

I think so for 12% on Friday only, but ShopDiscover is somewhat hit or miss. The merchant has to report to Discover that the transaction took place (from the affiliate click-through link) for Discover to pay the 5% (or applicable rate for that site). I don't think this reporting always happens, and there's not system like Fatwallet's click history to help you figure it out.

I've had mostly good luck with ShopDiscover, but a couple recent orders I will complain about to Discover CS soon.
Thank you and good points. Sorry for being so ignorant, but how can one get the second 5%? I get the shopdiscover 5%, and the Friday-only 2%, but where is the second 5 % coming from? Also, is this refurbished product still considered a "new" iPad (which I assume may mean 3rd generation iPad, but that's not clear to lawyerly minds like mine).

vadeltachi said:   manly said:   

Thank you and good points. Sorry for being so ignorant, but how can one get the second 5%? I get the shopdiscover 5%, and the Friday-only 2%, but where is the second 5 % coming from? Also, is this refurbished product still considered a "new" iPad (which I assume may mean 3rd generation iPad, but that's not clear to lawyerly minds like mine).

The last 5% is for the quarterly 5% bonus category; if you haven't already, you need to sign up:

5% Cashback Bonus

Your guess is as good as mine on whether a refurbished iPad 3 qualifies for ShopDiscover. In practice, I don't think Apple Online tells Discover what item(s) you bought. They just report the subtotal before sales tax. So long as Apple believes your order qualifies AND reports it to Discover, you should be able to get a total of 12% on Friday. Good luck!

My parents want to get an iPad and I would be surprised if they ever downloaded a single movie, tv show, video, etc... - they mainly want it for checking e-mail, internet browsing in lieu of lugging around a laptop, and using it as an e-reader, but will certainly check out some of the apps. They want a larger tablet so it's easier to see, so that rules out the iPad Mini. A friend of mine who has had several iPads thinks that they should just blow the extra $130 on an iPad 4 since it will be "twice as fast." I don't see them getting a whole lot of benefit out of the faster CPU and am not sure they would see any noticeable difference in the dual band wifi chip on the newer unit, either. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks.

lousygolfer said:   My parents want to get an iPad and I would be surprised if they ever downloaded a single movie, tv show, video, etc... - they mainly want it for checking e-mail, internet browsing in lieu of lugging around a laptop, and using it as an e-reader, but will certainly check out some of the apps. They want a larger tablet so it's easier to see, so that rules out the iPad Mini. A friend of mine who has had several iPads thinks that they should just blow the extra $130 on an iPad 4 since it will be "twice as fast." I don't see them getting a whole lot of benefit out of the faster CPU and am not sure they would see any noticeable difference in the dual band wifi chip on the newer unit, either. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks.

If costs are an issue, and they want to save some money, the iPad 2 is plenty. It's quick, it's slim, has Facetime capabilities, has a bright sharp screen, and will probably continue to drop in price. I bought mine refurbished from Apple about 4 weeks ago for $329. I assume it will be at or below $299 once they restock in the Apple.com store. I considered the iPad 3 when it was $399. At $379, it's a better deal but not THAT much better. The only reason I would go for the iPad 3 is the sharper resolution, but I probably wouldn't notice it unless I was trying to look at very tiny text. There's my .02 cents.

I'm really happy with my iPad 2 w/ 3G that I paid $399 for. It has everything I need/want in a tablet. I've had smaller tablets, but with my aging eyes, the smaller tablets are just too hard to use.

suezyque said:   I'm really happy with my iPad 2 w/ 3G that I paid $399 for. It has everything I need/want in a tablet. I've had smaller tablets, but with my aging eyes, the smaller tablets are just too hard to use.I'm still very happy with my first-generation iPad. Other than lacking cameras, it's fast, the battery lasts a long time, and it does everything I need. Only reason I am upgrading is so that my parents can have an iPad of their own!

vadeltachi said:   suezyque said:   I'm really happy with my iPad 2 w/ 3G that I paid $399 for. It has everything I need/want in a tablet. I've had smaller tablets, but with my aging eyes, the smaller tablets are just too hard to use.I'm still very happy with my first-generation iPad. Other than lacking cameras, it's fast, the battery lasts a long time, and it does everything I need. Only reason I am upgrading is so that my parents can have an iPad of their own!

I was happy with my first iPad as well. There were 2 reasons I decided to upgrade a few months ago. First off was that I wanted to use it on the cellular network, therefore I needed the 3G. Second, I wanted to get rid of it before the prices tanked. I usually never buy a new toy right out of the gate, the prices are just too high. I stay about a generation behind. That way the prices are lower but the technology is still current. I take excellent care of my electronics, so that when I do decide to upgrade, I can sell the old stuff for a good price to help pay for the new. I don't have older technology sitting around gathering dust this way. I've gone through a number of tablets and have always been able to sell the old stuff for nearly what I paid for it. Granted, I've always gotten really great deals on my stuff by shopping with FW!!

Will these refurbed ipad 3 be able to be jailbroken out of the box? Haven't kept up with that

I ordered a 16GB white one. But one thing I'm not sure is that if it has ios6 already installed. If this is the case, it's pretty bad. As ios6 so far cannot be jailbroken on ipad 3. So when I picked up in Apple Store, I may want to confirm with them. I believe I have 14 days to return, right?

What's the upside to jail breaking an iPad?

we now have the ipad mini for choice, gotta think about it.

The benefit of jailbreak? Tons of them. For example, to name one, you can expand the storage to use the SD card or other USB flash card, etc.

Interesting - my refurb iPad 3 just shipped, and from Shenzen. Anybody bought a refurb from Apple before? Do they usually ship from China? I'm wondering if this "refurb" unit isn't actually a brand new unit that never made it into the ordinary supply chain, with the launch of the iPad 4...

I have bought plenty of apple refurb products over the past couple of years. Every single thing that I can remember has come from within the US. I would suspect that it is a new ipad 3 that never made it into the retail channel before the ipad 4 was released.

cestmoi123 said:   Interesting - my refurb iPad 3 just shipped, and from Shenzen. Anybody bought a refurb from Apple before? Do they usually ship from China? I'm wondering if this "refurb" unit isn't actually a brand new unit that never made it into the ordinary supply chain, with the launch of the iPad 4...

That's normal.

sandiego05 said:   The benefit of jailbreak? Tons of them. For example, to name one, you can expand the storage to use the SD card or other USB flash card, etc.

I'm looking for practical applications. I don't want a dongle hanging off of my tablet. What else is there?

The benefit to a jailbroken iPad is the ability to install software through outside sources. This includes some very cool apps not approved by Apple. Grooveshark actually seems to encourage the process on their website since there was a licensing issue with their app and Apple pulled it from the store. XBMC is also a great app available only to jailbreakers. If emulation is your thing you can find some great emulators and the Wii remotes work very well with iPads. And there is always piracy if you condone that sort of thing. I haven't bothered to jailbreak yet. But if I ever end up with an extra iPad from upgrading I will probably play around with it a little.

cestmoi123 said:   Interesting - my refurb iPad 3 just shipped, and from Shenzen. Anybody bought a refurb from Apple before? Do they usually ship from China? I'm wondering if this "refurb" unit isn't actually a brand new unit that never made it into the ordinary supply chain, with the launch of the iPad 4...

Refurbs from Apple are perfect. Don't worry about it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014