• Text Only
Pizzero said:   Myers215 said:   Pizzero said:   i just get the ipad 3 for $449 anyone know if they match the price ? it was 10 days ago..

Just call the Apple Store number on Apple.com. I bought a refurb 3 like two weeks ago and I called and they gave me a $70 credit with no problems.

i just call few minutes ago and they told me i have to return the ipad to get my refund and then buy the ipad again whit the new price !!

so wait for around 30 days (return - process - get the gift C)

I'd call back and talk to a new rep. I do have to clarify that I bought my refurb from Apple.com so if you bought yours from a different merchant then that may be the problem?

what will be the MSRP of IPad 3 once IPad 4 is out? if it is $399, $379 isn't that great of a discount. Or both Ipad 2 and 3 will be discontinued?

I don't think my last refurb iPad was really a refurb. If it was they did an incredible job.

richardyc said:   what will be the MSRP of IPad 3 once IPad 4 is out? if it is $399, $379 isn't that great of a discount. Or both Ipad 2 and 3 will be discontinued?
It appears iPad 3 is discontinued. iPad 2 will remain $399, and iPad 4 starts at $499.

I don't understand it, but that's what appears to be happening.

salwana said:   asr115 said:   advan24r said:   ipad mini = performance of ipad 2 (just in a smaller body). if size is what matters (no pun intended), then either one is your choice. But if you are looking to get ipad 3rd gen vs. 4th gen. My preference would be the 4th gen due to faster cpu, 2x faster wifi.4th Gen? I thought the latest was 3rd generation? Do you mean the new iPad Mini is the 4th gen?The iPad mini is the first generation iPad mini. And here's the difference between the 3rd gen iPad and 4th gen iPad.

iPad 3 (March 2012). 3rd gen:

CPU: 1GHz dual-core Apple A5X
Front camera: VGA (640 x 480)
Rear camera: 5-Megapixel AF
Wifi: 802.11 a/b/g/n

iPad 3 (November 2012). 4th gen:

1GHz dual-core Apple A6X (Apple is claiming 2x speed increase)
Front camera: 1.2-megapixel
Rear camera: 5 megapixel f/2.4 AF
Wifi: Dual-Band 802.11 a/b/g/n

Where I got this info: http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/23/ipad-mini-vs-2012-ipad-whats-...

So, all in all... $379 for an iPad 3 is a bad ass deal. And if you or you know someone that bought a full priced iPad 3 in the last 30 days, they could easily return it.

Me thinks something is wrong with the Ipad 3 if they are discontinuing it but continue to make the Ipad 2 and shipping out Ipad 4 this soon. Either Ipad 3 is not performing as expected, either sales or computing performance wise, or something is really wrong with it (whole bunch of returns). I mean they did not even give it a full year to milk the whole new Ipad 3 feelings/price jack.

Hmm on second thought they probably are not getting the profit margins they are expecting from the Ipad 3 and rolling out the 4 to sell accessories for extra profit. that would explain all the new security stuff for accessories I've been reading about.

Either Ipad 3 is an incomplete product or a loss leader for them (why they shippin gout Ipad 4).

cestmoi123 said:   Interesting - my refurb iPad 3 just shipped, and from Shenzen. Anybody bought a refurb from Apple before? Do they usually ship from China? I'm wondering if this "refurb" unit isn't actually a brand new unit that never made it into the ordinary supply chain, with the launch of the iPad 4...

My refurb iPad2 I purchased a few months ago came direct from Shenzen as well. It was in a white retail box, marked refurb. It was indistinguishable from a new one.

nixmahn said:   Me thinks something is wrong with the Ipad 3 if they are discontinuing it but continue to make the Ipad 2 and shipping out Ipad 4 this soon.

Given that the difference between the 3 and 4 is the processor and dock connector, you're over-thinking it a bit. I suspect that the iPad 2 has pretty good margins at $399. It's very attractive to schools and those just dipping their toes into tablets.

It's unusual for Apple to change up product cycles, but when the technology (the new SOC and connector) is available, it makes sense to bump the product. Especially to preempt competitors' announcements. From a product-cycle standpoint, it makes a lot more sense to align the iPad with the rest of the iOS family in terms of ready-for-Christmas releases.

patofw said:   richardyc said:   what will be the MSRP of IPad 3 once IPad 4 is out? if it is $399, $379 isn't that great of a discount. Or both Ipad 2 and 3 will be discontinued?
It appears iPad 3 is discontinued. iPad 2 will remain $399, and iPad 4 starts at $499.

I don't understand it, but that's what appears to be happening.

My guess is because the iPad 3 and 4 are too similar in specs and component costs. An iPad 3 for $399 is a much better deal than iPad 4 for $499 in my opinion, and I don't think Apple wants many of its customers opting for the older model.

in for 1. missed the FW CB, but used shop discover, so 5% at least, maybe 10%. Early Christmas present for the family

Edit:
Apparently I was signed up for the Discover Open Road Cash Back program and was ineligible for the 5% Cash Back quarterly bonus

Be sure to check that you are signed up for the GetMore program and then you can signup for the quarterly Cash Back bonus deals.

Too late to change for this order though

colebert said:   cestmoi123 said:   Interesting - my refurb iPad 3 just shipped, and from Shenzen. Anybody bought a refurb from Apple before? Do they usually ship from China? I'm wondering if this "refurb" unit isn't actually a brand new unit that never made it into the ordinary supply chain, with the launch of the iPad 4...

Refurbs from Apple are perfect. Don't worry about it.

Thanks, I wasn't worried (I've certainly heard that, other than the box, there's zero way you can tell the difference between an Apple refurb and new unit), was kind of curious though.

Buckmeister said:   I mainly want a tablet for reading technical documents in portrait mode (mostly PDFs). I was about to buy an iPad 3 and with this price drop it is certainly more tempting but will wait too see the nexus 10 first.

I have to tell you, reading on full size tablets is too much on the wrists. They get real heavy after about 20 minutes or so (if you are holding it). In all honesty if you plan on using your tablet primary as a reader, it doesn't get much better than the Kindle Fire. The size and weight are right and so is the price, plus you get access to the Kindle Lending Library.

Much better deal than the mini IMO

Bought a 16GB iPad 3 + LTE for $530 shipped on eBay brand new from auth retailer. $509 on Apple, but I would have paid tax, so saved $20. Also get $10 eBay Bucks.

So Refurb is a good price, but no tax sealed it for me when you can get a NEW sealed cheaper than a Refurb.

I would expect some discounts on iPad 3 stock still out there

Beware that Google is coming out with a 10 inch Nexus with an 25601600 display that will probably be at a $299 price point in the near future.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2012/10/report-google-to-unveil-a...

Microsoft is going to have to hope that people hold on to their gimmic of Windows 8 for multi devices/systems, however with the high cost of entry and steep learning curve they may have very well be shooting themselves in both feet.

what is the difference on a sqauretrade tablet warranty vs ipad warranty? tablet is cheaper

BTW they are still selling the ipad 3 in the Apple Store itself. there it costs 450 for the 16gb wifi only.

People like you make a lot of people weep for our nation!

slickdeal45 said:   
I'm a lawyer.

HardMoneyLender said:   BTW they are still selling the ipad 3 in the Apple Store itself. there it costs 450 for the 16gb wifi only.

IDK, refurbished iPad 3 (March 2012) for $379, new iPad 3 (March 2012) for $449 or newest iPad for $499 (all 16GB of course).

I am by no means an early adopter and am technologically far behind many but if I was going for an iPad I'd get the newest. I keep my electronics as long as they work and based on my two 8 year old iPods (4G clickwheel and Mini) I imagine the iPad will last. So for $120 more than the refurbished older model I get the faster processor and better WiFi. Even if I only kept it three years that would work out to 11 cents a day for the newest model. And If I kept it six years...well...

But as an AAPL shareholder I am happy so many are going for the refurbished model (which apparently is new) .

bru20 said:   HardMoneyLender said:   BTW they are still selling the ipad 3 in the Apple Store itself. there it costs 450 for the 16gb wifi only.

IDK, refurbished iPad 3 (March 2012) for $379, new iPad 3 (March 2012) for $449 or newest iPad for $499 (all 16GB of course).

I am by no means an early adopter and am technologically far behind many but if I was going for an iPad I'd get the newest. I keep my electronics as long as they work and based on my two 8 year old iPods (4G clickwheel and Mini) I imagine the iPad will last. So for $120 more than the refurbished older model I get the faster processor and better WiFi. Even if I only kept it three years that would work out to 11 cents a day for the newest model. And If I kept it six years...well...

But as an AAPL shareholder I am happy so many are going for the refurbished model (which apparently is new) .

I bit on the refurb, talking with a coworker that had the iPad 1 and now the 3, he as no problem with the processor speed of the 3, he felt the new would only be a benefit if you were video editing or something like that. As for the faster wifi, most places don't have a duel band router anyway.

FYI: If you're buying the iPad3 closeout deal, since it is apparently marked 'refurbished', your Discover card will not double your warranty to 2 years.

I am debating whether to go w/ refurb 3 or new 4. Prefer to buy w/ 3g option so I can use it on the road and when visiting family w/ no internet service. Not very tech savvy, no smart phone. Would someone please share what options are available if I just buy the wifi iPad3 or 4? I've read about a hotspot, but don't really understand how it works. Don't mean to TC, PM me, please.

Thanks!

I just read the discover card ext warranty and didn't see anything about refurb. It simply stated over and over that it would extend the coverage of the factory or purchased warranty for 12 months. So, if I buy a 2 year square trade, discover should have me covered for another year, 3 total.

lonesouth said:   I just read the discover card ext warranty and didn't see anything about refurb. It simply stated over and over that it would extend the coverage of the factory or purchased warranty for 12 months. So, if I buy a 2 year square trade, discover should have me covered for another year, 3 total.

you would be wrong.

lonesouth said:   I just read the discover card ext warranty and didn't see anything about refurb. It simply stated over and over that it would extend the coverage of the factory or purchased warranty for 12 months. So, if I buy a 2 year square trade, discover should have me covered for another year, 3 total.

It's on there. See the last line:

EXCLUSIONS
Insurance under this Policy does not apply to Covered Purchases that:

Are services, including but not limited to the performance or rendering of labor or maintenance, repair or installation of goods or property or professional advice;
Are shipping, transportation or delivery costs;
Are boats, automobiles, aircraft or any other motorized vehicles, or motorized vehicle parts subject to high risk, combustible wear and tear or mileage stipulations;
Are land, buildings, permanently installed items, fixtures or structures;
Are plants, shrubs, pets, consumables or perishables;
Are computer software or applications;
Are purchased for resale, professional or commercial use;
Are still covered under the U.S. Manufacturer Warranty or Purchased Warranty;
Did not originally come with a U.S. Manufacturer Warranty or Purchased Warranty;
Are used, rebuilt, refurbished or remanufactured.

i stand corrected.

lonesouth said:   i stand corrected.

You've been corrected

lonesouth said:   i stand corrected.

No problem, bud/buddette (LOL)! I thought the same until I read the full terms and conditions. That extra year would most definitely have been an added bonus on the firesale 3's. Whatever tablet I buy, I will keep and use until it dies or me!

So - got one coupon and tried to push my luck to get a smart case as well. No luck there. Tried for another coupon but no luck either.

Now site is down...

I was able to return my 35 day old ipad 3 today without hassle. So now, I'll be getting an iPad 4 and a refurb 3. I'll kick both thru shop discover for the 12% Cash Back. If the site ever comes back...

Now was told by discover that the use of the coupon could invalidate the Cash Back. We'll see - I'll put a separate order just in case, and use the coupon on the refurb 3.

rsuaver said:   So - got one coupon and tried to push my luck to get a smart case as well. No luck there. Tried for another coupon but no luck either.

Which coupon are you referring to?

slickdeal45 said:   rsuaver said:   So - got one coupon and tried to push my luck to get a smart case as well. No luck there. Tried for another coupon but no luck either.

Apple's been giving out a $45 off $300 coupon and sometimes a free smart case coupon. SDers claim to have been placing orders, cancelling them, then calling about the coupons and gotten them. I did get a coupon but no smart case. Been waiting till midnight to do discover deal at 12% and to get an ipad 4.

I am looking for another coupon though as I'm also getting a refurb 3 - hopefully they'll still have them later tonight or tomorrow morning, as I'm ready to go to sleep...

So if you scored a coupon but are not using it and want to help a senior, please PM...

seems like a contradiction on shopdiscover:

Offer valid on iPhone 5 and the new iPad
Offer not valid on iPad mini and iPad with Retina Display

nbnguy98 said:   seems like a contradiction on shopdiscover:

Offer valid on iPhone 5 and the new iPad
Offer not valid on iPad mini and iPad with Retina Display

"The new iPad" is what Apple calls the iPad 3. "iPad with Retina Display" is what Apple calls the iPad 4. Considering both the 3 and 4 have retina display and the 4 is obviously newer than the 3, neither of these make sense, but that's the language they use.

As for ShopDiscover, I've found the terms enforcement spotty. YMMV

In 4 a 16GB. Thanks all the info here.

rsuaver said:   slickdeal45 said:   rsuaver said:   So - got one coupon and tried to push my luck to get a smart case as well. No luck there. Tried for another coupon but no luck either.

Apple's been giving out a $45 off $300 coupon and sometimes a free smart case coupon. SDers claim to have been placing orders, cancelling them, then calling about the coupons and gotten them. I did get a coupon but no smart case. Been waiting till midnight to do discover deal at 12% and to get an ipad 4....

I find it amusing that you have to explain to someone named "slickdeal45" a slickdeal reference from SlickDeals

BTW - this morning called and asked about the coupon and got a 2nd one. So canceled my 2nd order and placed it again with the coupon. This afternoon I tried for the case, but did not have much luck. I did score a third coupon - don't ask for it, as I'm not sure I'll use it..

rsuaver said:   I did score a third coupon - don't ask for it, as I'm not sure I'll use it..

Then send it my way...please?

HN101 said:   
I find it amusing that you have to explain to someone named "slickdeal45" a slickdeal reference from SlickDeals

I found it amusing that FW's registration software suggested it as a username for me. Had I been aware of the other site at the time, I'd perhaps have selected something else. People sometimes react oddly to my username.

it's amusing how the early adopters in my area are saturating CL with over priced ipads, when you try to negotiate with them, they are bitter as hell and won't go down.

can't believe there are that many toolbags in my area that don't realize the price drop.

rsuaver said:   slickdeal45 said:   rsuaver said:   So - got one coupon and tried to push my luck to get a smart case as well. No luck there. Tried for another coupon but no luck either.

Apple's been giving out a $45 off $300 coupon and sometimes a free smart case coupon. SDers claim to have been placing orders, cancelling them, then calling about the coupons and gotten them. I did get a coupon but no smart case. Been waiting till midnight to do discover deal at 12% and to get an ipad 4.

I am looking for another coupon though as I'm also getting a refurb 3 - hopefully they'll still have them later tonight or tomorrow morning, as I'm ready to go to sleep...

So if you scored a coupon but are not using it and want to help a senior, please PM...

I would really appreciate one coupon too... Happy halloween people!! Thanks in advance!

I would love one of those coupons, too.

Does anyone have a coupon still available? I would greatly appreciate it! Thank You!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014