• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
EDIT: OOS Currently, but from past experience, check back daily as stock changes often.

Several deals still available on iPad 2 & 3:
Refurbished iPad with Wi-Fi 32GB - White/Black (3rd generation) - $469 ($600 new)

link

Apple just announcend the 4th gen, so price drops across the board on the refurbished 3rd gens

Refurbished iPad with Wi-Fi 16GB - Black/White (3rd generation) - $379. Originally $499, refurbished have been $449

RDMustang1 said:   Don't for get 1% FWCB, 5% ShopDiscover and 5% Discover online rewards.

We test and certify all Apple refurbished products and include a 1-year warranty.
All refurbished iPad models also include a brand new battery and outer shell.
Limited supplies, but updated frequently. Availability is guaranteed upon receipt of full payment.

Apple Store
See Apple Store promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

ipad
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts

ezdeals (Dec. 10, 2012 @ 1:37p) |

I am not able to use a coupon. Are there any suggestions to use it on Ipads? I was told by the rep that the coupons don... (more)

naroowal (Dec. 10, 2012 @ 2:22p) |

Bummed that the eBay seller mentioned in an earlier post that seems to always be in sync with what Apple is selling does... (more)

marine123 (Dec. 11, 2012 @ 3:03p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good Deal

in for one.

SWEET! I so wish i had the $$ right now. Refurb from Apple = Like NEW.

in for 1 as well. I think the processor is fast enough and really don't like the new connector..

If you've got an investment in old dock devices and want an iPad, this is great.

alanshen said:   and really don't like the new connector..

Why? Seems an odd reason to diss a particular Apple tablet. if you were lamenting the fact that ALL Apple tablets have connectors that are proprietary, that I would understand, but I don't get this.

I rather pick this up than pay $329 for the iPad mini.

Don't for get 1% FWCB, 5% ShopDiscover and 5% Discover online rewards.

Treefarn said:   Why? Seems an odd reason to diss a particular Apple tablet. if you were lamenting the fact that ALL Apple tablets have connectors that are proprietary, that I would understand, but I don't get this.

Some people don't want to buy new accessories and charging gear, and some don't want to have to have two types of connectors around (if you've got an older iPhone and a new iPad).

It's not a diss, just a preference. It's good to have preferences, no?

delete me

Thanks...got one too.

Anyone has ideas about the ipad mini vs ipad 3????

ipad mini = performance of ipad 2 (just in a smaller body). if size is what matters (no pun intended), then either one is your choice. But if you are looking to get ipad 3rd gen vs. 4th gen. My preference would be the 4th gen due to faster cpu, 2x faster wifi.

get one. thanks!

Hello,

How do you stack all three of the below?? I thought it was either VWCB OR Shop discover???

"Don't for get 1% FWCB, 5% ShopDiscover and 5% Discover online rewards."

The connector issue becomes even worse if you have new Apple, old Apple, and non Apple devices. I now have to manage three different connectors for our devices. I love the iPad platform, but prefer screens larger than the iPhone.

Treefarn said:   alanshen said:   and really don't like the new connector..

Why? Seems an odd reason to diss a particular Apple tablet. if you were lamenting the fact that ALL Apple tablets have connectors that are proprietary, that I would understand, but I don't get this.

Apple implemented a new chip that VERIFIES whether or not you are using an Apple cable... meaning that you can't just buy any old cable online to use; you MUST spend the extra dough and buy them directly from Apple for your device to work..

That to me is enough to make me happy I have a 3rd gen iPad, and can use any 3rd party cables I want.

kiet1451 said:   Anyone has ideas about the ipad mini vs ipad 3????
As advan24r suggested, I'd rather have the iPad 3 for future-proofing.

The Retina Display and A5X SoC are huge improvements over the iPad 2/iPad mini.

The best part of today was selling my iPad 1 16GB Wifi for on Craigslist RIGHT as they announced the mini.

That said, great deal OP! I won't be picking up a replacement, though.

Kunai said:   The best part of today was selling my iPad 1 16GB Wifi for on Craigslist RIGHT as they announced the mini.

How much did u get? I've got a launch day 32 gb that my kids use but an upgrade could be in the future..

I mainly want a tablet for reading technical documents in portrait mode (mostly PDFs). I was about to buy an iPad 3 and with this price drop it is certainly more tempting but will wait too see the nexus 10 first.

huntergather said:   Kunai said:   The best part of today was selling my iPad 1 16GB Wifi for on Craigslist RIGHT as they announced the mini.

How much did u get? I've got a launch day 32 gb that my kids use but an upgrade could be in the future..

I sold the iPad and the last generation iPod Touch 8Gb for $275.

In 4 1

In for one, thanks OP!

Do these come in like-new boxes? If it's a gift, is it noticeable that it's refurbished?

telstar said:   Do these come in like-new boxes? If it's a gift, is it noticeable that it's refurbished?

Brown box marked as refurb.

madcowdisease said:   telstar said:   Do these come in like-new boxes? If it's a gift, is it noticeable that it's refurbished?

BOOOOOOO!

ARGHHH Got an iPad 3 on 9/21 - two days late to return rebuy! Did get the $50 itunes GC though.

Kid been bugging about a mini - but at this price, it's no contest!

My love! The deal works for me well. Thanks OP!

madcowdisease said:   telstar said:   Do these come in like-new boxes? If it's a gift, is it noticeable that it's refurbished?

My iPad 2 refurb came in a White box with iPad written on the front. Looks just like a new one, the only difference is there isn't a color image of the iPad printed on it. I think it would make an excellent gift without any visible evidence of it being a refurb (aside from Apple Certified Refurb printed on the box).

I want my money back;( it is preposterous for apple to sell us uncooked product as iPad 3 and then within 6 mo changing the rule in middle of game and cheating us with iPad 4;(
I want mine swapped or my money back.

ziba said:   

Let us know how that works out for you.

The new one is probably worth 120 more. The cpu is blazing fast; not all generations offer such a big jumpe. Guess apple products turn over so fast it's about a tie though.

dazviking said:   ziba said:   

Let us know how that works out for you.
s

If we all get together we can make it work! Any lawyer here to lead us through this?

Nice deal. Thanks for sharing it which works for me.

advan24r said:   ipad mini = performance of ipad 2 (just in a smaller body). if size is what matters (no pun intended), then either one is your choice. But if you are looking to get ipad 3rd gen vs. 4th gen. My preference would be the 4th gen due to faster cpu, 2x faster wifi.

4th Gen? I thought the latest was 3rd generation? Do you mean the new iPad Mini is the 4th gen?

Ah . . never mind . . . saw all the stuff about the new mini, I didn't notice all the news about the updated iPad . . which is why -- duh -- the discount on the 3rd generation models.

asr

My love. This will works for me well. Thanks OP.

asr115 said:   advan24r said:   ipad mini = performance of ipad 2 (just in a smaller body). if size is what matters (no pun intended), then either one is your choice. But if you are looking to get ipad 3rd gen vs. 4th gen. My preference would be the 4th gen due to faster cpu, 2x faster wifi.4th Gen? I thought the latest was 3rd generation? Do you mean the new iPad Mini is the 4th gen?The iPad mini is the first generation iPad mini. And here's the difference between the 3rd gen iPad and 4th gen iPad.

iPad 3 (March 2012). 3rd gen:

CPU: 1GHz dual-core Apple A5X
Front camera: VGA (640 x 480)
Rear camera: 5-Megapixel AF
Wifi: 802.11 a/b/g/n

iPad 3 (November 2012). 4th gen:

1GHz dual-core Apple A6X (Apple is claiming 2x speed increase)
Front camera: 1.2-megapixel
Rear camera: 5 megapixel f/2.4 AF
Wifi: Dual-Band 802.11 a/b/g/n

Where I got this info: http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/23/ipad-mini-vs-2012-ipad-whats-...

So, all in all... $379 for an iPad 3 is a bad ass deal. And if you or you know someone that bought a full priced iPad 3 in the last 30 days, they could easily return it.

Skipping 164 Messages...
Bummed that the eBay seller mentioned in an earlier post that seems to always be in sync with what Apple is selling doesn't have the 16GB refurb. The 9.5% state sales tax just kills me buying from Apple! Maybe I'll email the seller. Seems Apple is now hoarding the refurbs to themselves I assume. Still a superb deal at $379 that when I mention it to any friends, they don't believe me. Still a bunch of idiots buying these on eBay for $450+ used, no returns.

eBay seller is this guy:

http://stores.ebay.com/Refurbished-Outlet

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014