• Text Only
cestmoi123 said:   Interesting - my refurb iPad 3 just shipped, and from Shenzen. Anybody bought a refurb from Apple before? Do they usually ship from China? I'm wondering if this "refurb" unit isn't actually a brand new unit that never made it into the ordinary supply chain, with the launch of the iPad 4...

Mine arrived today, also shipped from Shenzen. Comes in a shrinkwrapped white box that says in small text at the bottom "Apple Certified Refurbished". Since this is a gift, I did not open the carton.

epete said:   cestmoi123 said:   Interesting - my refurb iPad 3 just shipped, and from Shenzen. Anybody bought a refurb from Apple before? Do they usually ship from China? I'm wondering if this "refurb" unit isn't actually a brand new unit that never made it into the ordinary supply chain, with the launch of the iPad 4...

Mine arrived today, also shipped from Shenzen. Comes in a shrinkwrapped white box that says in small text at the bottom "Apple Certified Refurbished". Since this is a gift, I did not open the carton.

Ditto, except I did open mine. If it is actually a refurb, I can't tell...it is mint.

Just ordered one today...debated it for a week first though

Added the $6 express shipping as I "need" it for this weekend

I would appreciate a coupon if anyone has one to spare. Thank you for the possibility.

As I understand it, Apple refurbs get new batteries and cases, therefore are indistinguishable from new.

I called Apple today and the rep says she never heard of this $45 off $300 promotion.

suezyque said:   As I understand it, Apple refurbs get new batteries and cases, therefore are indistinguishable from new.They also have a 1-year warranty, exactly like a brand new one.

The only difference I can tell is the box. It's not shipped in a retail box -- most likely to combat resellers trying to pass it off as brand new.

I got mine today....like the others appears brand new, but there were no ear buds in it. Not a biggie as I would not use them anyway, but I would have given them to the teenage daughter to destroy another pair.

iPads have never come with earbuds.

Thank you....I would have sworn that the 4 Ipad 2's we bought had earbuds but I guess maybe they didn't with all the Iphones and Ipods we have bought over the years it seems like we have had a hundred pairs of them....all junk if you ask me....but I am spoiled with the Sennheiser earbuds that we bought from Newegg several years back from a Fatwallet Deal.

All the disclaimer on Shop Discover and here on FAW said Cash Back does not apply to iPad Mini and iPad with retina display. Okay for other Apple products.

. (42.32kB)
Disclaimer
advan24r said:   But if you are looking to get ipad 3rd gen vs. 4th gen. My preference would be the 4th gen due to faster cpu, 2x faster wifi.

iPad 4 benchmark is more than 2x faster vs iPad 3

I can relate to the aging eye comment

hkgfnt said:   All the disclaimer on Shop Discover and here on FAW said Cash Back does not apply to iPad Mini and iPad with retina display. Okay for other Apple products.

You are sadly correct. However if you order online, you still qualify for the 5% back on any online order

Got mine for a couple of days now. Thanks god, the firmware is 5.1.1. So I can jailbreak it.

Posting from mine... Tried to snag another but they are gone. Amazing screen... Here's hoping between Apple and Google we'll see more offerings of high resolution LCDs. I can't picture buying a laptop or tablet with a lower pixel density now. I think this deal is dead, though--no more in the Apple Store?

sandiego05 said:   Got mine for a couple of days now. Thanks god, the firmware is 5.1.1. So I can jailbreak it.

Stupid question. What can you do with it after JB?

xnmw said:   Posting from mine... Tried to snag another but they are gone.
As I mentioned in the (updated) original post, if it's anything like normal, give it a few days - they'll be back in stock.

Got mine yesterday (Sandy knocked the delivery back a couple of days). Other than the bar code sticker on the box saying "iPad REF 16GB," looks absolutely identical to a brand new one. Loving it.

Ordered it on 10/26 and received it on 10/31. There did not seem to be any delay of FedEx shipment from China despite Sandy.

There are tons of information online for JB. You'd be much more happier with your iPad.

good deal, but people nearer to a microcenter can pick ipad2 one up brand new for $359

http://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.aspx?Ntt=ipad

Indeed... Back in stock!

xnmw said:   Indeed... Back in stock!

OOS now for both colors.

Black color came to stock. ordered 2. black available as 2:11 Eastern Time

dealstapori said:   Black color came to stock. ordered 2. black available as 2:11 Eastern TimeGot one! Thanks! Now, any suggestions on an inexpensive case/cover?

Can't say inexpensive, but this one is the best if u have kids, are clumsy, etc.
Target.com has the OtterBox defender for $43.79 http://www.target.com/p/otterbox-new-ipad-3rd-and-4th-generation-and-ipad-2-defender-series-case-black-77-18640p1/-/A-13554395
I picked it up in store at best buy with a PM. Even got a different color than the black.

BTW - I received an email last week from Apple that the coupon was no longer valid. They had replaced it with a different one, but this new one had to be called in - you could not use it online. Further, it was not valid on iPhone or iPad.

I tried placing an online dummy order, but didn't work. In the end, I needed to get two cases (one for the new 4 and one for the refurb 3 I ordered last week) so I placed the order online hoping to get the 10% discover. Then I called in and had them apply the coupon. Took 30' but they ended up crediting me back.

I'm still debating if $50 is worth getting a bigger screen, better processor and retina display - ie, a refurb 3 vs a mini. The mini is VERY nice (after finally seeing it in person) and very light. In fact, it might be too light...

Then again, if I do return the 3 and get a mini, I know I would not be able to use the coupon anyway, so I should look at a $5 difference - then it's a nobraner.

Oh, and shop discover should work on the refurb. The disclamer says it's not valid on 'iPad with retina display' - this was changed from 'new iPad'. The 4th gen is the 'iPad with retina display' - the other one is not.

I ordered the refurb iPad 3rd Gen using the following promo (ShopDiscover/Department store & online/extra 2% for Oct. 26 purchases). I can confirm that ShopDiscover 5% for Apple Store purchases does work on the refurb and have already received an e-mail notification from Discover on the $18.95 CashBack . I'll have to wait until the next billing cycle to see credit from the other promos.

If it wasn't for the white box with "Apple Certified Refurbished" label & the different refurb serial #, I would have a hard time telling that my iPad is a refurb.

bjoo907 said:   dealstapori said:   Black color came to stock. ordered 2. black available as 2:11 Eastern TimeGot one! Thanks! Now, any suggestions on an inexpensive case/cover?

Take a look at this: http://www.meritline.com/protective-leather-case-apple-ipad-2-br...

luigi2008 said:   bjoo907 said:   dealstapori said:   Black color came to stock. ordered 2. black available as 2:11 Eastern TimeGot one! Thanks! Now, any suggestions on an inexpensive case/cover?

Take a look at this: http://www.meritline.com/protective-leather-case-apple-ipad-2-br...
Less costly at Amazon: Less Costly iPad 3 Case

How often does the 16Gb come back up in stock? Any thoughts or guidance.

vadeltachi said:   luigi2008 said:   bjoo907 said:   dealstapori said:   Black color came to stock. ordered 2. black available as 2:11 Eastern TimeGot one! Thanks! Now, any suggestions on an inexpensive case/cover?

Less costly at Amazon: Less Costly iPad 3 Case
Great! Thanks!

measella said:   Can't say inexpensive, but this one is the best if u have kids, are clumsy, etc.
Target.com has the OtterBox defender for $43.79 http://www.target.com/p/otterbox-new-ipad-3rd-and-4th-generation-and-ipad-2-defender-series-case-black-77-18640p1/-/A-13554395
I picked it up in store at best buy with a PM. Even got a different color than the black.

I'm gonna look to pick one of these up for mine, back to $52 now at Target.

relish said:   How often does the 16Gb come back up in stock? Any thoughts or guidance.

When they have them to sell, they're on the website. It's not as though there is a schedule published.

I have an Ipad 3, and checked out the Ipad 4 and Mini, these 2 with the higher resolution front camera is worth $50-$80 more to me. So if you can afford the new Ipad, get the new one instead, your facetime partners will thank you.

black one is stocked again 2:53 ET

Thanks finally jumped on this, not liking lightning connevtor since i got like 5 30 pin chargers all over the house

Thanks! finally jumped on this. I am not liking lightning connector since i got like five 30 pin chargers all over the house

Finally got a black one!!!!!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014