• Text Only
white back in stock!

richardyc said:   I have an Ipad 3, and checked out the Ipad 4 and Mini, these 2 with the higher resolution front camera is worth $50-$80 more to me. So if you can afford the new Ipad, get the new one instead, your facetime partners will thank you.

Or curse you. Depends on what you look like.

Black back in stock!!

Thank you!

Crazy that people are buying a USED/REFURBISHED/BROKEN THEN HOPEFULLY FIX.... Ipad.....not even a current generation.......for what a Google tablet goes for new.

Depends on what you use it for. I've been on android for a couple years now. The 32 gb iPad is 470.00 with no tax for me in ga from eBay so I bought it. I also think from the way the eBay site is set up that it's Apple. Same warranty and return policy. I got it for the screen and reading. Using it two days now. Love the form factor! Great response. Incredible screen. But very steep frustrating learning curve. Apple is one cheap ass company when it comes to decent free apps without advertising all over . I see no real gain getting the new new iPad. Apple will insist that it's software developers make programs work on most all variations for quite a while since they're keeping the ipad2. The camera would have been a nice upgrade but I'm already thinking the space of 32gb a much better investment. Got 12 gb on it on day two. It also has a great keypad to type this on. Happy with the refurb.

Deleted.for dbl post.

opathal said:   Crazy that people are buying a USED/REFURBISHED/BROKEN THEN HOPEFULLY FIX.... Ipad.....not even a current generation.......for what a Google tablet goes for new.

1. Apple refurbs are well-known for being essentially indistinguishable from new. In this case, many of them may actually _be_ new (product that was in product when they introduced the iPad 4).

2. The Nexus 10 is slightly more than the iPad 3 refurb ($399 vs. $379 for 16GB versions).

I have an Android phone, but bought an iPad, given that the difference in tablet apps is notably greater than for phone apps.

opathal said:   Crazy that people are buying a USED/REFURBISHED/BROKEN THEN HOPEFULLY FIX.... Ipad.....not even a current generation.......for what a Google tablet goes for new.

Have they run an extension cord out to that cave you live in?

It's not about what is cheapest. It's about value for the dollar. Not everyone perceives it the same way. When it comes to tablets, the market has spoken. It's ok to be in the minority.

both white and black available.

ordered a white iPad

Guys, did any of you not receive the 5% shopDiscover for this item? It is more than 2 weeks and even after statement-closing, still shopDiscover has not been reported. I bought s/th from HomeDep and received CashBack shopDis in a few days. Well if it was just a few dollars, that would be ok but it is $19. Should I contact Discover cust-ser about this?

On a side-note, Barnes and Nobles has revealed the Nook HD+ 9" tablet for only $269. It gets 256 pixels per inch (vs 264 pixels per inch for Ipad) and 9 hours battery life, 1.5GHz dual-cpu, and microSD but incredibly lighter than this huge Ipad (18.2 oz (515g) vs 23.0 oz (652 g)). It weighs almost as the old 7" Nook color (450Gr). If I hadn't got this Ipad 3 for $380, I would be seriously considering the Nook HD+.

IPAD 2 in stock....32GB IPAD 3 instock

elecnight said:   Guys, did any of you not receive the 5% shopDiscover for this item? It is more than 2 weeks and even after statement-closing, still shopDiscover has not been reported. I bought s/th from HomeDep and received CashBack shopDis in a few days. Well if it was just a few dollars, that would be ok but it is $19. Should I contact Discover cust-ser about this?

On a side-note, Barnes and Nobles has revealed the Nook HD+ 9" tablet for only $269. It gets 256 pixels per inch (vs 264 pixels per inch for Ipad) and 9 hours battery life, 1.5GHz dual-cpu, and microSD but incredibly lighter than this huge Ipad (18.2 oz (515g) vs 23.0 oz (652 g)). It weighs almost as the old 7" Nook color (450Gr). If I hadn't got this Ipad 3 for $380, I would be seriously considering the Nook HD+.

I'm in the same boat as you, haven't received any email notification from ShopDiscover about the ipad purchase, but did get one for a later purchase from ShopDiscover for BestBuy. I'm planning on contacting them, but please post any updates you encounter on this issue.

slickdeal45 said:   opathal said:   Crazy that people are buying a USED/REFURBISHED/BROKEN THEN HOPEFULLY FIX.... Ipad.....not even a current generation.......for what a Google tablet goes for new.

It's not about what is cheapest. It's about value for the dollar. Not everyone perceives it the same way. When it comes to tablets, the market has spoken. It's ok to be in the minority.

it's really hard to care about what someone says when they're always threadcrapping android tablet deals.
also being in the minority is working great for osx.

tek2k said:   slickdeal45 said:   opathal said:   Crazy that people are buying a USED/REFURBISHED/BROKEN THEN HOPEFULLY FIX.... Ipad.....not even a current generation.......for what a Google tablet goes for new.

it's really hard to care about what someone says when they're always threadcrapping android tablet deals.
also being in the minority is working great for osx.
I don't want to fuel the fire, but I've discovered a few IOS bugs that others are now discovering. If one uses the iPad for multiple email accounts, email from all but one box will disappear on the next restart of the mail app. The iPad also reboots itself under certain situations with the black-screen of death.

I took my "reburb" iPad to the local Apple Store and got a brand-new iPad and am suffering the same issues, so was not the device.

Finally, the so-called smooth transition from one iPad to another has a few issues with lost data, missing saved passwords and similar issues. Nits to some, but hassles to those of us who forgot our passwords or find them burdensome.

There still is no remote tablet-control for other than a jailbroken iPad, so one must register, visit and then wait for an inevitably late appointment at the Genuis bar to get help.

vadeltachi said:   If one uses the iPad for multiple email accounts, email from all but one box will disappear on the next restart of the mail app. The iPad also reboots itself under certain situations with the black-screen of death.

That's something in how you have things setup. I've had at least five mail accounts and as many as eight, and never had a problem. Multiple mail accounts are not an unusual situation.

slickdeal45 said:   vadeltachi said:   If one uses the iPad for multiple email accounts, email from all but one box will disappear on the next restart of the mail app. The iPad also reboots itself under certain situations with the black-screen of death.

That's something in how you have things setup. I've had at least five mail accounts and as many as eight, and never had a problem. Multiple mail accounts are not an unusual situation.
I think/though so, too, but no changes to the set up have mitigated the issues, and it workes fine on iOS 5 devices. It's been more than me, and it's worked for years on other Apple devices I've owned and used.

madcowdisease said:   telstar said:   Do these come in like-new boxes? If it's a gift, is it noticeable that it's refurbished?

Brown box marked as refurb.

No, it comes in a retail box that says refurbished.

vipersky said:   elecnight said:   Guys, did any of you not receive the 5% shopDiscover for this item? It is more than 2 weeks and even after statement-closing, still shopDiscover has not been reported. I bought s/th from HomeDep and received CashBack shopDis in a few days. Well if it was just a few dollars, that would be ok but it is $19. Should I contact Discover cust-ser about this?

I'm in the same boat as you, haven't received any email notification from ShopDiscover about the ipad purchase, but did get one for a later purchase from ShopDiscover for BestBuy. I'm planning on contacting them, but please post any updates you encounter on this issue.

Neither of my purchases show - a refurb 3 and a new 4. Statement won't close until the 20th... Back then, there were some restrictions on iPads, but not now. So we will probably have to dispute these. They will hopefully just look at the current restrictions and might work.

rsuaver said:   vipersky said:   elecnight said:   Guys, did any of you not receive the 5% shopDiscover for this item? It is more than 2 weeks and even after statement-closing, still shopDiscover has not been reported. I bought s/th from HomeDep and received CashBack shopDis in a few days. Well if it was just a few dollars, that would be ok but it is $19. Should I contact Discover cust-ser about this?

Neither of my purchases show - a refurb 3 and a new 4. Statement won't close until the 20th... Back then, there were some restrictions on iPads, but not now. So we will probably have to dispute these. They will hopefully just look at the current restrictions and might work.

As a data point, I received ShopDiscover CashBack for a refurb iPad 3 and an iPhone 5 purchase, no disputes needed.

dukerau said:   rsuaver said:   vipersky said:   elecnight said:   Guys, did any of you not receive the 5% shopDiscover for this item? It is more than 2 weeks and even after statement-closing, still shopDiscover has not been reported. I bought s/th from HomeDep and received CashBack shopDis in a few days. Well if it was just a few dollars, that would be ok but it is $19. Should I contact Discover cust-ser about this?

As a data point, I received ShopDiscover CashBack for a refurb iPad 3 and an iPhone 5 purchase, no disputes needed.

Thank you for the input. This is good to know that it was not the policy not to give ShopDiscover CashBack for Ref Ipad 3. I guess the point Discover may make is that Apple co. should report the purchase to Discover, otherwise they can't do anything. Anybody has had any success with an unreported ShopDiscover CashBack? I didn't get it once and didn't do anything. I also didn't get Cash Back from FW when shopped from BB, but did nothing since I was going to return the item anyway. So I know this happens occasionally.

Thank God I sold my 3rd gen for $900 (with a few cheap accessories) 4 months ago! Amazing how tech plunges!

For those not trying/uncertain about the Discover deal, here's another option that could save you tax.

There is an eBay seller selling these that clearly states they are authorized by Apple to sell Apple Certified Refurbished devices on eBay, and they show all of the Apple Certified features (new battery, full one-year Apple warranty, free shipping, etc.) -- click the link below and you'll be brought to their eBay store.

The inventory seems to match up with the Apple Store inventory and the pricing is identical. The cost savings for everyone is in the form of eBay Bucks (2%), and a potential sales tax savings (unless you live in CA, DC, IN, NJ, NV or TX in which case they do collect sales tax). Of course, don't forget FW Cash Back, which is 1% and is the same as the FW Cash Back for the Apple Store.

Again, I don't have a Discovercard, but for those that do, might eBay qualify for the 5% online Cash Back?

I live in NY and don't have a Discovercard, so I saved over 11% by getting 1% FW Cash Back, 2% eBay Bucks and saved over 8% in sales tax (not including my 2 points/dollar on my Venture Card) -- my 32GB that I ordered last night was $469 delivered. It will be interesting to me to see where they ship from, whether it's Apple in Shenzhen, or somewhere else...

Here's the link to the seller's eBay Store for a quick look, but don't forget to use FW Cash Back to go to eBay before actually purchasing, and then search for "Apple Certified Refurbished" and most of the items that will show will be from them (just be sure before buying).

eBay Link-a-dink-a-doo

First, the 16GB is still out of stock.

Second, your eBay links don't take you to anyone's eBay store except the last link. It looks like they are drop shipping from Apple so they are not showing the 16GB WiFi only model either.

Thanks for this, almost 10% sales tax in my state so I'll definitely go here when they are back in. Crazy how many people don't know about the $379 price.

Didn't Fat Wallet just reinstate eBay Cash Back too - think I got an email about it?

All the eBay links above are due to FW automatically creating redirections for flebay. The last one goes to a store front that 'claims' are apple certified. They only have 720 score - ie extremely low for a supposed apple certified store front.

I'd be very careful about it...

coolbreeze said:   Thank God I sold my 3rd gen for $900 (with a few cheap accessories) 4 months ago! Amazing how tech plunges!

I call BS.

i wish this would come back in stock....need one for a xmas present bad.

Just scored a White one (16gb/wifi only iPad3) for $379.. site looks like it's getting hammered now.

I got a ipad 2 today used SAMs club computer to order while in store wish I would have got the ipad 3 may return the 2 if I can score a 3

hammer45 said:   i wish this would come back in stock....need one for a xmas present bad.

It's back.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FC705/refurbished-ipad-with-wi...

oos

I bought a white 3 Gen 16GB today. Been watching on and off over the last week and pulled the trigger today. If you can wait until Friday, and they have them, I think you get free shipping and free engraving. I'm gonna probably by a cover on Friday. My kids will be thrilled with this for Xmas.

salwana said:   asr115 said:   advan24r said:   (Apple is claiming 2x speed increase)

I have a 3rd geration iPad. So the new one is "twice as fast". My question is, twice as fast doing what?

I don't think I am going to read or write my emails any faster, or watch videos faster.
What is it going to do twice as fast?

Someday I think the new connector will be nice, but for now I would recommend the 3rd generation with the old connector. All the existing accessories work including the dock which I love.

Back in stock... Just ordered one.

Black and white back in stock.

These have dissapeared from the refurb page. In the past, when the stock cycle was depleated, they simply said "not in stock"....any ideas if this means they are actually gone for good??

No idea. Maybe they just removed the quick link from the top? You can still get to the page: http://store.apple.com/us/product/FC705LL/A/refurbished-ipad-wit... I think the search page always only showed in stock items in the list, but they changed three links above the search list to match what is in stock.

I was using this site to track when they came in stock: http://refurb-tracker.com/ Set it to ipad and "new product apparitions".

16GB are back in stock.

16 GB Black are back in stock

lsidore said:   No idea. Maybe they just removed the quick link from the top? You can still get to the page: http://store.apple.com/us/product/FC705LL/A/refurbished-ipad-wit... I think the search page always only showed in stock items in the list, but they changed three links above the search list to match what is in stock.

I was using this site to track when they came in stock: http://refurb-tracker.com/ Set it to ipad and "new product apparitions".

Excellent tool, it helped me pick one up!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.