• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://reg.e.staples.com/c/s/tagfrm/hBQiBCCB7SHGCB8uw3sCYRzCTGL/...


Take an extra $100 off all clearance computers.

Excludes Windows 8 presale computers. Display models included. Not available in all stores. While supplies last.
Cannot be combined with any other coupons.

Associate scan UPC before completing sale:



Coupon Code: 76386

*Valid through 10/25/2012 in Staples U.S. stores only. Discount applies to all clearance computers only. Excludes Windows 8 pre-sale computers. Display models included. Not available in all stores. While supplies last. Cannot be combined with any other coupon. Each item purchased can only be discounted by one coupon, applied by cashier in order received and prior to tax. Coupon not valid if purchased or sold and must be surrendered. No cash/credit back. Not valid on prior purchases or purchases made with Staples Procurement or Convenience Cards.




Take an extra $100 off all clearance computers.

Excludes Windows 8 presale computers. Display models included. Not available in all stores. While supplies last.
Cannot be combined with any other coupons.

Staples
See Staples discounts that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

computers
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Be aware Staples policy is to keep accepting coupons up to two weeks after expiration. That makes this coupon still vali... (more)

asuka (Oct. 26, 2012 @ 3:46p) |

Since when? Any proof?

georgeckc (Oct. 27, 2012 @ 11:28a) |

Does anyone know how often Staples does this coupon? I wanted to buy a clearance computer the week of Black Friday and t... (more)

aptess (Dec. 08, 2012 @ 9:17a) |

  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Any ways to check local store inventory of clearance ?

does anyone know if I can return and rebuy my acer ultrabook that I bought on clearance last week?
I will drop by the store and ask tonight - worth a shot

duddly said:   does anyone know if I can return and rebuy my acer ultrabook that I bought on clearance last week?
I will drop by the store and ask tonight - worth a shot


I think you can, Give it a shot

duddly said:   does anyone know if I can return and rebuy my acer ultrabook that I bought on clearance last week?
I will drop by the store and ask tonight - worth a shot


Just bring your receipt with the coupon and they will credit you $100 on the spot.

LetsGoMets1 said:   duddly said:   does anyone know if I can return and rebuy my acer ultrabook that I bought on clearance last week?
I will drop by the store and ask tonight - worth a shot


Just bring your receipt with the coupon and they will credit you $100 on the spot.


this wording in the coupon may require a total return/rebuy....


Not valid on prior purchases or purchases made with Staples Procurement or Convenience Cards.

Any way to check inventories??

Could be MC, I didn't thoroughly read the coupon. I know in the past when I bought something there and a coupon came out within 2 weeks I was always able to get a price adjustment. You may be correct in this case.

Not hot. You will have to pay more than $100 to upgrade to Windows 8.

fatxman said:   Not hot. You will have to pay more than $100 to upgrade to Windows 8.

Staples was giving the upgrade free by rebate, not sure if that's still offered.

LetsGoMets1 said:   Could be MC, I didn't thoroughly read the coupon. I know in the past when I bought something there and a coupon came out within 2 weeks I was always able to get a price adjustment. You may be correct in this case.

My only concern is, I'm not sure how the store can document the refund by just bringing in the receipt with this coupon.

Best advice is, call the store first, say you just got the computer last week (still in the return period) and now you have this $100 coupon and ask them how to proceed.

They may be able to do it off the receipt or they may require that you bring the physical box in to do a total return/rebuy so the coupon automatically comes off as programmed in the register based on the new sales date (today).

fatxman said:   Not hot. You will have to pay more than $100 to upgrade to Windows 8.


Buy any Windows 7 PC before January 31, 2013 and get Windows 8 for just $14.99 directly from Microsoft.

Link to official offer.

munkyxtc said:   fatxman said:   Not hot. You will have to pay more than $100 to upgrade to Windows 8.


Buy any Windows 7 PC before January 31, 2013 and get Windows 8 for just $14.99 directly from Microsoft.

Link to official offer.


yes, but even better, Staples was giving a $15 Visa Rebate on the upgrade with any Win 7 computer.

Just scored a Dell 15" i3/6gb/500gb for $300AC. Thanks OP!

I also picked up a Dell 17" i5/8gb/750gb for $360 last week without any coupons. There are some great deals out there!

My suggestion is to go when the store is not busy and be friendly with a manager or Easytech Expert (not Easytech Associate, the expert is the lead of the department but there is not always one on staff). Nicely ask if they have any computers in the back that may be clearance that aren't on display. Even better, ask if they would mind printing a clearance report. Most of the great deals at Staples are taken by customers because they're right up front on display, but a lot of the computers get forgotten in the back room until they drop so low that an associate snatches them up.

Another tip... if the associate/manager that's helping you feels like you're going to buy an expensive protection plan or Easytech services, they'll be much more likely to help you find a laptop that you'll buy. I like to go into Staples with a story something like this: "My buddy just got this awesome deal on this computer bundle with an accidental warranty and a full setup and all for like $600 I was wonderin if you have any computers where I could get a deal like that!" This will make the associate look for the cheaper computers (i.e. highly clearanced) so that they can increase their TSP/tech sales/market basket because the salesperson is now using that dollar amount as an amount you're definitely willing to spend. He also knows/thinks he's going to be getting a sale that will boost his warranty and tech sales numbers.

Source: I was a Staples Easytech associate for 2.5 years

Anyone know if this will work on tablets?

saw only 1 laptop on sale at the local Staples and it was a 17.3" monster.

No rush... I'm pretty sure they still have a lot in stock and will be much more than $100 off in a couple of weeks.

I was going to go and check out my local store, but the I remembered how much I dislike Staples employees.

rootbeer13 said:   No rush... I'm pretty sure they still have a lot in stock and will be much more than $100 off in a couple of weeks.
Maybe, but like the other poster said: The stores I visit are almost depleted of 'old' laptops (on display).

MISTERCHEAP said:   munkyxtc said:   fatxman said:   Not hot. You will have to pay more than $100 to upgrade to Windows 8.


Buy any Windows 7 PC before January 31, 2013 and get Windows 8 for just $14.99 directly from Microsoft.

Link to official offer.


yes, but even better, Staples was giving a $15 Visa Rebate on the upgrade with any Win 7 computer.


Still kicking this offer out as of a few minutes ago. I picked up a Gateway laptop with coupon and offer #12-91488 kicked out.

dazviking said:   rootbeer13 said:   No rush... I'm pretty sure they still have a lot in stock and will be much more than $100 off in a couple of weeks.
Maybe, but like the other poster said: The stores I visit are almost depleted of 'old' laptops (on display).


I was referring to the lot of windows 7 laptops not marked clearance yet. Those will be on the block soon.

fatxman said:   Not hot. You will have to pay more than $100 to upgrade to Windows 8.

My vote for stupidest comment of the month on FW!

DyslexicHobo said:   Just scored a Dell 15" i3/6gb/500gb for $300AC. Thanks OP!

I also picked up a Dell 17" i5/8gb/750gb for $360 last week without any coupons. There are some great deals out there!

My suggestion is to go when the store is not busy and be friendly with a manager or Easytech Expert (not Easytech Associate, the expert is the lead of the department but there is not always one on staff). Nicely ask if they have any computers in the back that may be clearance that aren't on display. Even better, ask if they would mind printing a clearance report. Most of the great deals at Staples are taken by customers because they're right up front on display, but a lot of the computers get forgotten in the back room until they drop so low that an associate snatches them up.

Another tip... if the associate/manager that's helping you feels like you're going to buy an expensive protection plan or Easytech services, they'll be much more likely to help you find a laptop that you'll buy. I like to go into Staples with a story something like this: "My buddy just got this awesome deal on this computer bundle with an accidental warranty and a full setup and all for like $600 I was wonderin if you have any computers where I could get a deal like that!" This will make the associate look for the cheaper computers (i.e. highly clearanced) so that they can increase their TSP/tech sales/market basket because the salesperson is now using that dollar amount as an amount you're definitely willing to spend. He also knows/thinks he's going to be getting a sale that will boost his warranty and tech sales numbers.

Source: I was a Staples Easytech associate for 2.5 years


This.

There's a ton of stuff in the back that customers and employees don't know about. I'm a fairly new associate but I picked up an Acer netbook with an AMD C-60, 4 gigs of DDR3 RAM, and Windows 7 Home Premium (not that starter nonsense) for $126. The other day I picked up a 17.3" laptop with a quadcore AMD APU, a BluRay drive, 6 gigs of RAM, and 640 gig hard drive for $290. Gonna come back tomorrow and get this $100 off coupon go through. That laptop for $190? Absolute steal!

None of this stuff is on display and the only way I even found out about it is through the signage that gets printed out on Saturday.

" I'm a fairly new associate"

so how can a regular customer ask for a list of inventory back there then?

zmmnj said:   " I'm a fairly new associate"

so how can a regular customer ask for a list of inventory back there then?


DyslexicHobo already addressed this above.

laptops included?

UnholyTancred said:   DyslexicHobo said:   Just scored a Dell 15" i3/6gb/500gb for $300AC. Thanks OP!

I also picked up a Dell 17" i5/8gb/750gb for $360 last week without any coupons. There are some great deals out there!

My suggestion is to go when the store is not busy and be friendly with a manager or Easytech Expert (not Easytech Associate, the expert is the lead of the department but there is not always one on staff). Nicely ask if they have any computers in the back that may be clearance that aren't on display. Even better, ask if they would mind printing a clearance report. Most of the great deals at Staples are taken by customers because they're right up front on display, but a lot of the computers get forgotten in the back room until they drop so low that an associate snatches them up.

Another tip... if the associate/manager that's helping you feels like you're going to buy an expensive protection plan or Easytech services, they'll be much more likely to help you find a laptop that you'll buy. I like to go into Staples with a story something like this: "My buddy just got this awesome deal on this computer bundle with an accidental warranty and a full setup and all for like $600 I was wonderin if you have any computers where I could get a deal like that!" This will make the associate look for the cheaper computers (i.e. highly clearanced) so that they can increase their TSP/tech sales/market basket because the salesperson is now using that dollar amount as an amount you're definitely willing to spend. He also knows/thinks he's going to be getting a sale that will boost his warranty and tech sales numbers.

Source: I was a Staples Easytech associate for 2.5 years


This.

There's a ton of stuff in the back that customers and employees don't know about. I'm a fairly new associate but I picked up an Acer netbook with an AMD C-60, 4 gigs of DDR3 RAM, and Windows 7 Home Premium (not that starter nonsense) for $126. The other day I picked up a 17.3" laptop with a quadcore AMD APU, a BluRay drive, 6 gigs of RAM, and 640 gig hard drive for $290. Gonna come back tomorrow and get this $100 off coupon go through. That laptop for $190? Absolute steal!

None of this stuff is on display and the only way I even found out about it is through the signage that gets printed out on Saturday.


Seriously, I just walk up and ask an associate? I've been looking for that very Acer netbook! Got a sku # by chance?

Dumb question, but I know that Best Buy will now price match online sales (like Amazon). Will they take this coupon? Anyone else? Office Max? Office Depot? Home Depot? (Just kidding).

Laptops=Yes
Tablets=No



Mod, please delete this as it was meant to answer a question. I forgot to hit Quote

user3657 said:   laptops included?

Yes, but not tablets

MISTERCHEAP said:   fatxman said:   Not hot. You will have to pay more than $100 to upgrade to Windows 8.

My vote for stupidest comment of the month on FW!

I think what fatxman meant was that HE will upgrade your computer to Win8 for $100.

crap...local store showed the laptop i wanted in stock.....ate dinner then went back to the page to call Staples.com and confirm which stores had it instock and when I refreshed the page it showed out of stock. gotta drive 30mins now

Got the HP AMD A6 $360, after taxes, before $50 SER.

My Staples had exactly 2 laptops still in the store and both were open box. Guy was willing to go another 10% off the price plus throw in a 2 year extended warranty for $20 (regularly $120). My problem was they were both HP slim laptops so I was paying a premium for size that I don't care about for my kids. The larger would've been 500 and the smaller $600 after coupon. Both i5 processors but Best Buy had an i5 for $370.

DyslexicHobo said:   Just scored a Dell 15" i3/6gb/500gb for $300AC. Thanks OP!



I just bought this one and it was 640gb! At least in the store I went too. And it was $300 as you said. Windows 8 rebate also spit out.

The associate originally showed me all the floor models. But I kept at him about what could be in the back. I was just about to leave 'to think about it all' when he said, 'well there is one more back there, but I am not sure if it is sellable'. And brought out this one. I asked him what made this one possibly not sellable and he said it was because was maybe going to buy it himself.

I did try the thing about buying the protection plan and all that to see if he would show me more models. The only thing that got me was a pitch for one of their tablets with Windows 8.

Question to you Staples Sales Associates out there - For the protection plan, is it worth it? If I drop the basic, am I ruining this guy's commission? Should I upgrade to the higher level? This laptop is for my 14 year old son who probably won't drag it to school.

rootbeer13 said:   No rush... I'm pretty sure they still have a lot in stock and will be much more than $100 off in a couple of weeks.

Based on what? Or just hoping with NO info?

user3657 said:   crap...local store showed the laptop i wanted in stock.....ate dinner then went back to the page to call Staples.com and confirm which stores had it instock and when I refreshed the page it showed out of stock. gotta drive 30mins now

1st rule is rn like hell to get the deal. I drove on an empty tank just to gethtere before anyone else did get the last unit in stock. Scored a 233.00 tax included gateway lappy. Got gas when done. Car has 12 gal tank. Took 11.5 gallons. Phew!

Thanks for your tips!

Staples.com is down.

Skipping 31 Messages...
Does anyone know how often Staples does this coupon? I wanted to buy a clearance computer the week of Black Friday and they wouldn't allow me to use the 15% off coupon (which expired on Tuesday). I went back on Black Friday to see if they would be giving any further deals on it, and the associate told me the one I wanted was at its lowest price, but that they had just had the $100 off any clearance computer coupon on Wednesday and it was only good for 1 day. I was pretty angry that they didn't know anything about it on Tuesday and it was too late on Friday, obviously on Thursday they were closed.

I won't buy it at the price it's at now, and he told me they'd send it back to HP after Christmas to be retooled for Windows 8 instead of marking the price down any further. Extremely Frustrated.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014