Virgin Mobile Top-Up $25 for $24.50

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
With discounts on Virgin Mobile Top-Up cards becoming non-existent (even callingmart.com is charging a fee).

A search for discounts, I came about this: Boost Mobile

They do all the footwork. Gave them my phone number on the web site and 30 minutes later (during regular business hours), my account received a text from Virgin that my account had been funded.

It's not much, but with no sales tax plus the discount, I'm happy. It's the Fatwallet way.

Hopefully the fatwallet effect won't force them to change the pricing.

Member Summary

Virgin Mobile Top-Up $25 for $24.50
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I think it had less to do with the the ROM and more to do with wiping your phone to install the new ROM. There are apps... (more)

dennisfuller (Dec. 18, 2012 @ 9:14a) |

My wife has the Optimus V. It's default-ROM memory management is very bad... And add the fact that it doesn't have much... (more)

dcg9381 (Dec. 18, 2012 @ 10:44a) |

Link doesn't work any more.

Thoreau (Feb. 12, 2013 @ 7:16a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

thanks op,

I have always gone thrue callingmart.com But you are right there charging a fee now ....
So I went thrue Best buy $25 no tax.

No fee or taxes yet at keepcalling.com, but no discount either. I've been using them for several months now. They give you the top up code immediately.

Butcherboy said:   thanks op,

I have always gone thrue callingmart.com But you are right there charging a fee now ....

I'm in California, and VM doesn't charge tax or anything when I top up directly through them using a CC. Is that not the case in most states?

$25.00 Top-Up
$25.00 of Airtime, Text & Messaging, Downloads, and International Calling. $25.00
Tax $1.63
Total price $26.63

Not here (Florida).

Just had to try again...cancelled transaction.

freddyfoster said:   Butcherboy said:   thanks op,

I'm in California, and VM doesn't charge tax or anything when I top up directly through them using a CC. Is that not the case in most states?

some states charge tax and extra fee's
I think food and pre pay cell cards are the only thing that California doesn't charge tax on....

Off topic, but I have a LG Optimus V and I was really tired of getting "low memory" warnings.

I took a chance and "rooted" the phone and installed the Quattrimus ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) ROM.

What a change....85 apps installed and counting from Dictionaries to Medical apps (Epocrates, WebMD).

It's a new phone.

Chase Freedom is offering 5% CashBack at Bestbuy. And I believe you can also find the refills at Target and get a 5% discount via the red card. Similarly, you can buy the refill at grocery store if you have a card that offers 5% CashBack with grocery store, and your grocery store may have their own programs too.

The Chase CashBack is worth more than $0.01 but if you live in a state that collects tax on refills, it is easy to find someone in other states with a Target Red Card and buy it for you.

kickerstarter said:   Chase Freedom is offering 5% CashBack at Bestbuy. And I believe you can also find the refills at Target and get a 5% discount via the red card. Similarly, you can buy the refill at grocery store if you have a card that offers 5% CashBack with grocery store, and your grocery store may have their own programs too.

The Chase CashBack is worth more than $0.01 but if you live in a state that collects tax on refills, it is easy to find someone in other states with a Target Red Card and buy it for you.

It is hard to find the $25 cards in b/m stores
I checked target monday they told me they dont sell $25 card in store
Target Had lots of $35 cards instock.

freddyfoster said:   Butcherboy said:   thanks op,

Arizona charges sales tax on prepaid phone refills, but CA doesn't .... each state has its own rules.

wino4ever said:   Stolen from here

This new thread = happy FW'ers who would have never seen it in the other thread.

wino4ever said:   Stolen from here

Not Stolen

That my thread, It is about how to get the $25 plan ( For some there paying $35 a month )

The Op of this thread is how to get the $25 cards ( Not Plans ) for less.

Nice find OP

bhoup said:   wino4ever said:   Stolen from here

This new thread = happy FW'ers who would have never seen it in the other thread.

so i guess it's ok to see similar topics and then claim posts as our own???

wino4ever said:   bhoup said:   wino4ever said:   Stolen from here

wino4ever,

This is a new deal with a new vender and a new lower price.
This deal will help me save $1 a month, I have 2 phones.

wino4ever said:   bhoup said:   wino4ever said:   Stolen from here

UHHHHHHHHHH??

Nice deal here found. So lucky.

Good Lookin Out, GuiltyOne! I have an Optimus V with the same ol' memory error. I'm waiting on a 4g phone to arrive, wish I'd known I could do this mod before I spent money!

I really wanted a fancy new phone anyway, but honestly the Optimus V has been one of the most durable, and good working phones I've ever owned. That stupid memory though, it's so frustrating! I rooted and even had to delete Maps to save space!

The $50 card is the best bargain which works well for the $25 plan. Second best bargain is the $35 card. (I know, I am only talking pennies, but THIS IS FW!)

Great deal OP. Thank you so much. Any amount of money saved helps nowadays.

johnny1290 said:   Good Lookin Out, GuiltyOne! I have an Optimus V with the same ol' memory error. I'm waiting on a 4g phone to arrive, wish I'd known I could do this mod before I spent money!

I really wanted a fancy new phone anyway, but honestly the Optimus V has been one of the most durable, and good working phones I've ever owned. That stupid memory though, it's so frustrating! I rooted and even had to delete Maps to save space!

+1 for the Optimus V. Mine is 18 months old and still a workhorse.

I have 105 apps installed on my stock 'V' with 29.7MB system RAM available. I even have Angry Birds installed - 4MB in system RAM with the other 20MB moved to the SD card. Other memory-heavy games go on my tablet.

Some ideas for regaining system memory:
- Use aCCleaner Free (renamed 1Tap Cleaner) to occasionally track memory use and flush app caches. However, it doesn't always flush browser caches - you may have to go into browser settings to do that.
- I can regain a huge amount of memory by uninstalling the Google Play Store upgrade (reverting to the still functional Android Market). (You may have to do that after each use of the app.)
- Move as many apps to the SD card as possible using 1Tap or App 2 SD Free.
- Check your email folders - I found that deleting emails on the phone only moves them to the Trash folder for that account. You have to go into that Trash folder and delete them from there to really free up system memory.
- Delete old SMS threads, especially if they have photos in them.
- Doublecheck your storage settings for apps like Gallery and other potential storage hogs. Make sure their destination folder is on the SD card.
- Pay attention to app memory requirements. Where you have a choice of similar apps in the store, go for the one with the smaller footprint. E.g. - "Watch Beep" (35kb) vs. "Hourly Chime" (594kb).

guilty1 said:   Off topic, but I have a LG Optimus V and I was really tired of getting "low memory" warnings.

I took a chance and "rooted" the phone and installed the Quattrimus ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) ROM.

What a change....85 apps installed and counting from Dictionaries to Medical apps (Epocrates, WebMD).

It's a new phone.

Thanks for the info. I gotta check it out.

Thanks OP. Green it.

Just top up this morning why????? Lol thankz op

$25.00 2.000%
$30.00 2.500%
$35.00 2.857%
$40.00 2.525%
$45.00 2.778%
$50.00 3.000%
$55.00 2.727%

Added $55 (accident) and $50 to my account. Added three $50 to my wife's account.

They did call me after a few orders to confirm not fraudulent activity.

vistaluck said:   WalMart = $24.88 GO THROUGH DISCOVER CARD 5%

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Email-Delivery-Virgin-Mobile-25-Topup/...

I've never gotten the shopdiscover portal to post CashBack, however, Discover also has 5% CashBack on online purchases this quarter. I plan on purchasing a $250 top-up in December.

elektronic said:   vistaluck said:   WalMart = $24.88 GO THROUGH DISCOVER CARD 5%

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Email-Delivery-Virgin-Mobile-25-Topup/...

I've never gotten the shopdiscover portal to post CashBack, however, Discover also has 5% CashBack on online purchases this quarter. I plan on purchasing a $250 top-up in December.
Didn't work for me either. ShopDiscover says gift cards aren't eligible so I guess they consider this a gift card? Maybe the 5% CashBack on online purchase will work this time?

I'm reluctant to stock up with the rumor the $25 plan may be going away...

Pretty hot OP, thx.

I've used this place for months, never a problem. I believe they are actually operating out of a mall kiosk in Georgia, makes it easier to get in touch with them if there was ever an issue.

Ordered a $50 refill. They added it directly to my account. Probably took about an hour.

Thanks OP!

Thanks OP!

guilty1 said:   Off topic, but I have a LG Optimus V and I was really tired of getting "low memory" warnings.

It's a new phone.

I think it had less to do with the the ROM and more to do with wiping your phone to install the new ROM. There are apps like SD Maid that can help with eliminating unneeded files to keep the problem from coming back.

dennisfuller said:   
I think it had less to do with the the ROM and more to do with wiping your phone to install the new ROM. There are apps like SD Maid that can help with eliminating unneeded files to keep the problem from coming back.

My wife has the Optimus V. It's default-ROM memory management is very bad... And add the fact that it doesn't have much internal memory.
VM has a bunch of apps that you can't get rid of w/o rooting.

Link doesn't work any more.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014