• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Huffy Girlís Sparkle So Sweet Bike (Purple, Medium/16-Inch) and the Huffy 20-Inch Boys Pro Thunder Bike (Slate Blue) for only $44.99 each (reg. $79.99-$84.99!). Even better, these bikes ship FREE with Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25! Awesome!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006LPG6KG/

GIRLS BIKE ABOVE

BOYS BELOW

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006L38VQK/

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

huffy
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

Boys
Thanks peterskm
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

we have similar bike from huffy which we bought for WalMart for $49.99 , overall we felt that for our kid it was a little heavy and more importantly there are no handbrakes so your kid can soon out grow it as.The brakes are little weird that you have to turn the pedal backwards.

Thats the way the brakes on a bike always worked before hand brakes

michigansam said:   Thats the way the brakes on a bike always worked before hand brakes

yep, I had a bike as a kid that had breaks like that. I think many training wheel bikes have that breaking system.

luvGnuLinux said:   we have similar bike from huffy which we bought for WalMart for $49.99 , overall we felt that for our kid it was a little heavy and more importantly there are no handbrakes so your kid can soon out grow it as.The brakes are little weird that you have to turn the pedal backwards.

I agree 100%, maybe more

We came to the conclusion that it was best to buy a used name brand bike off Craigslist (Haro, GT, RedLine, ect..)

Rather than a new Huffy or Mongoose or no-name brand bike (Kent, Dynacraft, Pacific, Avigo, Sapient, ect....) and it's best to avoid the ones with gears or shocks that cost less than $200

MISTERCHEAP said:   

yep, I had a bike as a kid that had breaks like that. I think many training wheel bikes have that breaking system.

So the bike just fell apart each time? ...Actually, that might explain quite a bit about you.

luvGnuLinux said:   The brakes are little weird that you have to turn the pedal backwards.

They're called coaster brakes and they're the norm on bikes with training wheels. First you get the kid used to pedaling and staying upright, then you move on to one brake lever for the rear wheel, then you move up to brakes on the front and back. Baby steps, grasshopper.

valeadmagnet said:   luvGnuLinux said:   we have similar bike from huffy which we bought for WalMart for $49.99 , overall we felt that for our kid it was a little heavy and more importantly there are no handbrakes so your kid can soon out grow it as.The brakes are little weird that you have to turn the pedal backwards.

I agree 100%, maybe more

We came to the conclusion that it was best to buy a used name brand bike off Craigslist (Haro, GT, RedLine, ect..)

Rather than a new Huffy or Mongoose or no-name brand bike (Kent, Dynacraft, Pacific, Avigo, Sapient, ect....) and it's best to avoid the ones with gears or shocks that cost less than $200

yep, nothing like a used gift for Chanukah or Christmas!

MISTERCHEAP said:   valeadmagnet said:   luvGnuLinux said:   we have similar bike from huffy which we bought for WalMart for $49.99 , overall we felt that for our kid it was a little heavy and more importantly there are no handbrakes so your kid can soon out grow it as.The brakes are little weird that you have to turn the pedal backwards.

I agree 100%, maybe more

yep, nothing like a used gift for Chanukah or Christmas!

It's better than "new" coal in their stocking.

gone

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014