• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Ok I was checking out the Best Buy website looking for deals on Win7 notebooks... Each BB has notebooks that can ONLY be picked up at the location you select. The key to this is you have to use the store locator at the top, then type in the zip code, click the store you want, and then it will show that store and have a clearance tab, click it then 'Shop this store', then obviously you click computers and tablets and then laptop and netbook computers! Ok you can search around all the BB in the area and see what they have, what I found was...

Asus K55A-BBL4

3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i5-3210M processor
Features a 3MB L3 Cache and 2.5GHz processor speed.
Intel® Core™ i5 processor
Features smart 4-way processing performance with a speed boost.
Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
Delivers extra performance when you need it and increased energy efficiency when you don't.
4GB DDR3 memory
For multitasking power, expandable to 8GB.
Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive
Create custom DVDs and CDs.
15.6" LED-backlit high-definition widescreen display
With 1366 x 768 resolution showcases movies and games in stunning clarity.
500GB hard drive (5400 rpm)
Offers spacious storage and fast read/write times.

Price was $401.99 plus tax and I'm going to pick it up tommorrow, store I found it was Wilson, NC and they appear to still have some. Also if you are looking around actually go and try to add the computer to the cart and then goto checkout, I noticed that some of them are out of stock and you won't find out until you hit the goto checkout button. Other nice ones I saw around was a nice i5-2450m Gateway with sim specs for $381.99, and Dell i15 notebook with i3-2450m 500gb 4gb for $319.99! Also I saw a Sony with backlit keyboard, i3-2370m, $319.99 but i clicked it and it was actually out of stock and i checked every other single BB in the area and none had it but someone else may get lucky, I'll link the model so you can atleast see what you are looking for!

Sony with backlit keyboard if you can find one in your area...

Wilson NC Asus Link

Best Buy
Need a Best Buy coupon that earns 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Asus K55A-BBL4 (46.44kB)
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Sony
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

link?

Chicago - Hancock location: ASUS laptop - $432 for anyone interested in Chicago.

same computer as OP is $455.99 for me in GA.

how is that hot if the regular price is only $479

Go ahead and find a third gen i5 for anywhere close to this in price and you will be right, but until then imo its hot, but maybe that regular price has already been reduced once or twice?

lordoffire said:   how is that hot if the regular price is only $479

NOT AVAILABLE IN NYC

WalMart has something similar (but with 6GB Ram Memory and 750GB Hard Drive) at $499 that comes with a bag: http://www.walmart.com/ip/21621694...

I must confess, Bestbuy.com has the worst website in the world. It shows countless laptops available at a location , but empties the cart as soon as you check out because that store is sold out. Change stores, rinse and repeat.

Bestbuy is truly awful.

Unfortunately, the Wal-Mart version has the older processor, not the new Ivy-bridge one that the Best Buy deal has.

tdavis5432 said:   Ok I was checking out the Best Buy website looking for deals on Win7 notebooks... Each BB has notebooks that can ONLY be picked up at the location you select. The key to this is you have to use the store locator at the top, then type in the zip code, click the store you want, and then it will show that store and have a clearance tab, click it then 'Shop this store', then obviously you click computers and tablets and then laptop and netbook computers! Ok you can search around all the BB in the area and see what they have, what I found was...

Asus K55A-BBL4

Delivers extra performance when you need it and increased energy efficiency when you don't.
4GB DDR3 memory

Price was $401.99 plus tax and I'm going to pick it up tommorrow, store I found it was Wilson, NC and they appear to still have some. Also if you are looking around actually go and try to add the computer to the cart and then goto checkout, I noticed that some of them are out of stock and you won't find out until you hit the goto checkout button. Other nice ones I saw around was a nice i5-2450m Gateway with sim specs for $381.99, and Dell i15 notebook with i3-2450m 500gb 4gb for $319.99! Also I saw a Sony with backlit keyboard, i3-2370m, $319.99 but i clicked it and it was actually out of stock and i checked every other single BB in the area and none had it but someone else may get lucky, I'll link the model so you can atleast see what you are looking for!

Wilson NC Asus Link

HEY neighbor!

I concur with the other poster regarding general laptop quality under $600. Most are junk. I can't even find one with a decent keyboard and touchpad.

Hola! I take it you live close to the Wilson, NC store? Did you grab one of the Asus laptops? I'm about to go pick mine up, I hope the screen isn't super glossy, thats what I'm hoping for! Did anyone else score a nice laptop? I really would have rather gotten the backlit Sony Vaio for $319 but I couldn't find it in stock... Also, really tempted by the Dell for $319 at another store, its only an i3-2350m but I think I could get by with that easily for what I need it for...

skinflinto said:   tdavis5432 said:   Ok I was checking out the Best Buy website looking for deals on Win7 notebooks... Each BB has notebooks that can ONLY be picked up at the location you select. The key to this is you have to use the store locator at the top, then type in the zip code, click the store you want, and then it will show that store and have a clearance tab, click it then 'Shop this store', then obviously you click computers and tablets and then laptop and netbook computers! Ok you can search around all the BB in the area and see what they have, what I found was...

Asus K55A-BBL4

4GB DDR3 memory

Wilson NC Asus Link

HEY neighbor!

Since this deal is so hard to come by I figured I would let you guys know of another YMMV for similar spec laptop.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Acer-Mesh-Gray-15.6-AS5733-6838-Laptop...

I got this at my local WalMart for $290. Everything says its an i3, but when checking the specs in windows 7, it is an i5. Only knock against it is there is no HDMI.

this one looks a like the one in the OP, but has the A8 proc. K55N-BA8094C

Yeah I picked up my Asus today and after I saw your post about the Acer Aspire at WalMart I went and grabbed one of those too, paid the same as you did, $290+tax. I probably won't keep it though, as you mentioned no HDMI, also no USB 3.0, but if you can live without those two items its a nice machine, but its not a quad core as people were trying to say in the reviews on WalMart.com though, its a dual core i5, first gen I believe, from 2010! Nice machine though! I'm going to compare the windows performance index now and see how they compare.

ragedogg69 said:   Since this deal is so hard to come by I figured I would let you guys know of another YMMV for similar spec laptop.

I got this at my local WalMart for $290. Everything says its an i3, but when checking the specs in windows 7, it is an i5. Only knock against it is there is no HDMI.

$401.99 plus tax for a total of $426.11
...Just ordered it on line using the Best Buy Price Match to the Wilson, NC store clearance price? They had to call the Store to make sure it was not a refurbished one or an open box...called me back 10 minutes later and gave me the match even though the ##s did not match all the spec.. did match... YMMV

Not Bluetooth-Enabled...oh well?

Since this deal is so hard to come by I figured I would let you guys know of another YMMV for similar spec laptop.

I picked up 2 of those and had keyboard problems with both of them. The @ key on one of them and the FN key on the other. Tried to fix it, tried to reach customer support and decided to return instead. It is a speedy laptop for the price.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014