windows 8 upgrade for 14.99

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • 14 5 67817
  • Page
  • Text Only
hmerrickninja said:   There's always one jagoff in the lot of them.

Always one that blabs to everyone.

Always that who thinks "I want people to like me so I'm gonna give them something that will persuade them to like me"

Always one whom lacks that part of the brain that says, "this is really a 'word-of-mouth' thing and maybe I shouldn't put this on a system that broadcasts to millions upon millions which will ultimately shut the offer down early if not immediately.

Always one tard will to "cross the line" by perpetuation a dishonest scam with more lies.

THIS IS DISHONEST, and while I acknowledge that GOD granted us IT Peeps the means to work our way around things with the intelligence we already have, I don't condone disseminating info that pushes those to lie, cheat and steal.

"Livingdivineus" is that "jagoff, tard, and dishonest liar" that will F this up for the rest of the "word-of-mouth" community.

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE PURCHASED A NEW COMPUTER IN THE REQUIRED TIME.

Livingdivineus......................STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIRE and BRIMSTONE! For a moment I thought I was back in Sunday service.

You guys understand Windows 8 is Windows 7 + Metro + Apps - Aero - Gadgets + faster - Start Menu

I requested for Media Center but didn't get my code yet

Thanks OP, So far I am liking it. Jumped from Win XP. Almost 6 years old laptop I have. It's working nice so far.

JediFreeStuff said:   You guys understand Windows 8 is Windows 7 + Metro + Apps - Aero - Gadgets + faster - Start Menu

There are several programs that add the start menu, some are currently free. I used http://www.pokki.com

Anyone got their Media Center yet? How long does it take to receive a code?

I got my Media Center key about 24 hours after 1st request. I did request twice though.

identical experience, HP slimline pavilion, goes through the whole install and then says fail, over and over.

Did anyone find out yet whether the provided key works against standard W8 media, as opposed to the special one downloaded via this offer? If so, it would save some a lot of downloading.

I got the upgrade and immediately had regrets. Played around with it for an hour and desperately wanted to go back. For some reason, I thought I could go back to windows 7, but it's almost next to impossible without doing a fresh install. Did some digging around (google) and there's a free program called startup8. It makes your windows 8 look like and gives the feeling of windows 7. It places the start menu back where it should be and deactivates/skips the metro stuff. For those of you on the fence, do your research first. $15 was hard to pass up for the upgrade and I wish I did. But I do have to admit, the next morning the laptop was running a little more snappy. What a relief.

I installed this in Virtual Box and it had no problem with the install i put in the product key and Win 8 didn't complain about not having a previous version of windows, i didn't have it connect to the internet because i want to use this key on a laptop. it looks like you can do a clean install anybody else tried doing a clean install.

JediFreeStuff said:   You guys understand Windows 8 is Windows 7 + Metro + Apps - Aero - Gadgets + faster - Start Menu
I did the upgrade and understood what are you trying to say... lol
I just got a hang of Media center on Win7 few days ago and the new Windows 8 is priced separately (Pro + Media player). I still haven't received my media center code for over 24hrs. I may try with different email address later.

I did the clean installation with new SSD, so I can preserve the native Asus media option and windows 7 on original HDD when I want to go back.
The clean installation with Win8 on USB and SSD took just about 10min and it took me over 7min to finalized my personal setting...
I felt like Im on MAC OSX because I think I know how to use the computer, but I don't know where everything is...

cool i got it to work green

GOOD FIND. I AM IN FOR ONE

elecnight said:   

This is supposed to apply only on computers purchased after June 2012 (or s/t like that).
If this condition is not satisfied, what people are doing is generally called fraud. MS is a money-thirsty company, no doubt about it. The issue is if people want to use illegal versions, why also they want to pay for it?
The right way to upgrade for older computers is only the $40 option.
It is just amazing how people act in these situations. They know what is legal and what is not. But they want to define a semi-legal grey area like they are law-makers or they know better than the company.
Red for a misleading and illegal post unless s/b can prove that MS is ok with $15 upgrade for all computers regardless of time of purchase.

hmerrickninja said:   There's always one jagoff in the lot of them.

Always one that blabs to everyone.

Always that who thinks "I want people to like me so I'm gonna give them something that will persuade them to like me"

Always one whom lacks that part of the brain that says, "this is really a 'word-of-mouth' thing and maybe I shouldn't put this on a system that broadcasts to millions upon millions which will ultimately shut the offer down early if not immediately.

Always one tard will to "cross the line" by perpetuation a dishonest scam with more lies.

THIS IS DISHONEST, and while I acknowledge that GOD granted us IT Peeps the means to work our way around things with the intelligence we already have, I don't condone disseminating info that pushes those to lie, cheat and steal.

"Livingdivineus" is that "jagoff, tard, and dishonest liar" that will F this up for the rest of the "word-of-mouth" community.

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE PURCHASED A NEW COMPUTER IN THE REQUIRED TIME.

Livingdivineus......................STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A lot of negativity....
But nobody is forcing anyone to do anything illegal. I posted this deal because I believe this can help lot of other users.
Not everyone is super rich and wants pay extra when something is available for cheaper price.
These are billion dollar companies and I am sure they know exactly what they are doing. I am sure MS is aware of that. I believe its just to make windows 8 popular so that they can make money on apps.

If you don't like something don't do that but, one can not dictate others. After all, we live in a free country.

Tried it when in it was in Beta a long time ago...wasn't impressed. But, for this price, got one. Burnt to DVD and dual booting with 7 Ultimate. No problems so far.

Will install Media Center Pack later.

Thanks OP.

P.S. Clean install as usual.

To the whiners who are saying this is fraud. Have you ever thought about how Win 8 is actually no better than Win 7? Microsoft wants to get people onboard with this new OS. Wants people to start buying things from their app store. Wants engineers to start creating apps for said store. In my opinion Win 7 is damned near perfect. So how will Microsoft get people to make the shift? Give it away nearly for free. Relax people, Microsoft knows what they're doing. They want to create this excitement and buzz.

Between my home and business, I probably own 20 Windows-based computers. The Win 7 non-touchscreens will stay Win 7 for awhile, everything else will get the upgrade.

the website said: Note: You must order your upgrade using the PC that you wish to upgrade.

I'm not sure I want to upgrade quite yet, or ever but it would be nice to know if this will cause a problem with activation later. ...what to do...

You forgot the +Advertisements. I'm hearing from some that purchased Win8 and installed it (retail copy), that the OS includes ads in some of their built-in apps.

I wish I could get a refund on my purchase of Windows 8 Pro. I have had nothing but problems with Windows 8. I can't even get it to install (clean install or upgrade from XP, Vista and 7 (tried all 3)). This is another case of Microsoft releasing a product before it is ready (ME, Vista).

lewiswb said:   identical experience, HP slimline pavilion, goes through the whole install and then says fail, over and over.
Did you run the Upgrade Assistant to see if your system is compatible with Win 8?

I used this twice so far. My 15 yr old son did the download/upgrade method on his desktop and it worked fine. He did it mostly on his own, upgrading from Win7. I'm leaving 7 on my desktop, but did put 8 on my laptop. However, I pulled the hard drive first, and did a clean install on a different drive. So, I can go back to 7 if need be. I created the USB flash drive this time. It worked fine and now I have the hard copy. No issues installing from the flash drive, either. The hard drive I used did have 7 on it, but I formated it in the installation process for a fresh install.

No issues at all with either method.

the upgrade program got complicated and now they ask about the serial number of your Windows7 off your machine !

i was planing to buy one for my wife virtual box today it was fun till it last

My Media Center code came but it won't install , get an error message at the end of the installation

I have used the same key on 2 different hard drives same pc though

kingaroonie said:   Followed everything and burned it to DVD. I'll probably install it tomorrow. For those that installed it, are you impressed or is it same-o same-o ?

Almost want to say same old same old. Nice to have built-in antivirus. Not sure about all the tiles. Missing the Start button. $14.99 is a nice price to try it out though.

VirtuaL said:   JediFreeStuff said:   You guys understand Windows 8 is Windows 7 + Metro + Apps - Aero - Gadgets + faster - Start Menu

You forgot the +Advertisements. I'm hearing from some that purchased Win8 and installed it (retail copy), that the OS includes ads in some of their built-in apps.

And it, too, has things like Bezinga built into it, which I find QUITE LAME.

A lot of negativity....
But nobody is forcing anyone to do anything illegal.

But it's still considered illegal... and you helped spread it.

Not everyone is super rich and wants pay extra when something is available for cheaper price.
These are billion dollar companies and I am sure they know exactly what they are doing. I am sure MS is aware of that. I believe its just to make windows 8 popular so that they can make money on apps.

So, what you're saying is Microsoft want's you to take advantage of this offer? Then I have to ask why does the offer have the "bought within the last 2 months" stipulation? Why not just have it for everyone who wants to upgrade?

I have tried my fair share of ill gotten software and have tried kidding myself into thinking that I wasn't hurting the company somehow, but logically I know am... no matter how rich that company was.

To sum up, I don't care if people take advantage of the deal, but that time based stipulation is there for a reason. If you truly want to stay legal then wait for Microsoft to offer this to to you with guidelines that pertain to you.

If you give me red then at least have the balls to tell me why you disagree with my logic. You know the truth, be honest with yourself.

khourshed said:   the upgrade program got complicated and now they ask about the serial number of your Windows7 off your machine !When are they asking? When you get the upgrade offer or when you go to purchase it?

carpenter940 said:   
A lot of negativity....
But nobody is forcing anyone to do anything illegal.

But it's still considered illegal... and you helped spread it.

So, what you're saying is Microsoft want's you to take advantage of this offer? Then I have to ask why does the offer have the "bought within the last 2 months" stipulation? Why not just have it for everyone who wants to upgrade?

I have tried my fair share of ill gotten software and have tried kidding myself into thinking that I wasn't hurting the company somehow, but logically I know am... no matter how rich that company was.

To sum up, I don't care if people take advantage of the deal, but that time based stipulation is there for a reason. If you truly want to stay legal then wait for Microsoft to offer this to to you with guidelines that pertain to you.

If you give me red then at least have the balls to tell me why you disagree with my logic. You know the truth, be honest with yourself.

Would you mind move this conversation with the other person to private mail? Thank you.

CDRWbuyer said:   After payment and download, you will get the menu to:
1. Install now
2. Install by creating media
3. Install later from your desktop

Choose Option 2, then you will get the option for:
a) USB flash drive. It needs to be at least 3 GB.
b) ISO file. You'll need to burn the ISO file to a DVD later.

Doesn't work this way for everyone. I got this menu but it was missing selection number 2 so I was unable to create a DVD.

You guys understand Windows 8 is Windows 7 + Metro + Apps - Aero - Gadgets + faster - Start Menu + Ads + $15

Mistake.

First u said on a laptop too. That's ok; did not see the edit.

Media Center Pack installed with no problems.

yeah I thought but soon was asked for key so had to buy another for lappy, still no email for media pack sent it yesterday on couple email accounts. I have bought new pcs 2 lappys still in boxes for xmas presents so I am in the clear as far as morals go but who really cares anyways.

can i format hard drive first then instal or must i start the install process and it gives an option to format?

franlofter said:   yeah I thought but soon was asked for key so had to buy another for lappy, still no email for media pack sent it yesterday on couple email accounts. I have bought new pcs 2 lappys still in boxes for xmas presents so I am in the clear as far as morals go but who really cares anyways.

Media pack bought($0)yesterday or day before and key and instructions was there the next day.

crtt said:   can i format hard drive first then instal or must i start the install process and it gives an option to format?

You have to define?? Upgrade or Clean install?:

yes, it said everything fine, goes all the way to 100% and then gives the fail message. Checked
all the NX stuff, boot menu said NX (No Execute) Enabled
so that isn't the problem.....guess i'll try it a few more times when I'm bored or maybe try it
on another pc

Can you do a clean full install with this upgrade ? if so ,,how. or does it just ask for your windows 7 or xp cd?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014