windows 8 upgrade for 14.99

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • 12 3 4517
  • Page
  • Text Only
Actually, I'm typing it now on my new Windows 8 upgraded computer. One thing I like a lot is a great spell check in IE. Windows 8 adds a lot of new security options, folks - that's the primary reason to upgrade

77Rus said:   Actually, I'm typing it now on my new Windows 8 upgraded computer. One think I like a lot is a great spell check in IE. Windows 8 adds a lot of new security options, folks - that's the primary reason to upgrade

Loving it!

cyberpitstop said:   yea ur right i did a little more research and deleted my post BUT I AM STILL CORRECT if you lie about your purchase date etc you are doing the download illegally plain and simple.

Microsoft has the option of approving or denying the ability to download this based on any set of criteria and are choosing to allow it based on fairly loose criteria.

Call me skeptical/cynical, but I would bet a lot of money that Microsoft was beginning to realize that 8 was at risk of flopping badly and becoming a PR nightmare based on almost every review of it that I read, and a SWAG of mine says they're trying to implement a very aggressive strategy to get 8 download by as many people as possible since every PC that's been made for at least 3 weeks now has Windows 8 pre-loaded, and Surface has been released, and they want one, uniform OS going forward.

I honestly believe Windows 8 is going to be a big misstep on their part. It's too different for the hundreds of millions of people who are already used to a conventional start menu, left-right mouse click over icon operating system, who aren't tech savvy and do not wish to spend hours upon hours to learn & become comfortable with such a different user experience that's used just as a vehicle to do what they need to do with applications.

GudSpellur said:   77Rus said:   Actually, I'm typing it now on my new Windows 8 upgraded computer. One think I like a lot is a great spell check in IE. Windows 8 adds a lot of new security options, folks - that's the primary reason to upgrade

Loving it!
LOL

77Rus said:   EradicateSpam said:   Thinking that Microsoft doesn't have a process to verify things down the road and deactivate your Windows 8 if they chose to is probably naive.
"Microsoft is deactivating Windows 8 for users that got it with a discount" - it is nave to think they want those headlines everywhere

Especially since if one's PC didn't come pre-loaded with Windows 8, THERE'S NO REMOTELY EASY WAY TO RETURN TO WINDOWS 7. So, yeah, it would be an absolute PR Distaster Clusterfak.

EradicateSpam said:   Thinking that Microsoft doesn't have a process to verify things down the road and deactivate your Windows 8 if they chose to is probably naive.

How, exactly, would they do that? This download can be used on a computer, separate from the one it is redeemed on, including being different from the information you put into the website's system. Upon what basis are they going to deactivate it? "Show me your computer that qualified for the upgrade!" I sold it... "Well then show me the receipt from when you bought it!" I paid cash and lost the receipt...

They have no way, and like others have stated, it would be a huge disaster on their part. Not to mention a waste of their time and resources.

What about Microsoft Bob? He also did this download and now calls himself Microsoft Rob.

I am not able to place an order and I am getting below message after i entered my card info. Can someone please help me to download win8.

We couldn't finish processing your order
Your order requires additional processing
Provided by arvato digital services, llc. Privacy Statement, Imprint

Provided by arvato digital services, llc. Privacy Statement, Imprint. The following happened while processing your order:
Intializing checkout failed.

Why I cannot find the option to save it to ISO?

There are only two options:
Install Now
Install later from your desktop

MS cares more about number of copies sold than revenue so I wouldn't worry about them deactivating these $15 upgrades or going after people for $25 -- theres probably hundreds of thousands of people using the $15 upgrades and MS isn't going to go through each purchase to verify who actually bought a computer after June

arkshop said:   I am not able to place an order and I am getting below message after i entered my card info. Can someone please help me to download win8.

We couldn't finish processing your order
Your order requires additional processing
Provided by arvato digital services, llc. Privacy Statement, Imprint

Provided by arvato digital services, llc. Privacy Statement, Imprint. The following happened while processing your order:
Intializing checkout failed.
Try paying with Paypal if you have it -- payment processing did go down so not sure if its back up yet or not: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windo...

I bought 3 upgrades yesterday using the same name/address/email/paypal from 3 diff computers without a problem -- I'll probably upgrade one of the laptops to Win 8 on Monday

Any link to download the ISO?

JediFreeStuff said:   Windows 8 doesn't really suck so bad. Interface-speaking, I just realized it is Windows 7 minus a Start button PLUS a Metro interface addon.

For another $5 Start button comes back.

I installed a free open-source program called "classic shell". I have the Start Button now

Link: http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/

I got the download legit yesterday and have tried to install twice with no luck. Everything looks good to go, then I just get a black screen and nothing else happens. When I try to reboot, I get a message that Win 8 didn't install correctly and it's reverting back to Win 7.

I tried wih Paypal still no luck.

kenzzd said:   Any link to download the ISO?

With the Microsoft download assistant, you have an option to choose to save as ISO at the end. I burnt myself a bootable DVD with this option.

For those who concerned about rather 64-bit or 32-bit, I think it will uses 64-bit as default.. I didn't have to do anything during my installation and got 64-bit installed..

I am using it like Win7..

syvyn11 said:   How long until MS catches up?

I hope never

Could be a website that is collecting keys. A key should be put in when you have the software.

kenzzd said:   Any link to download the ISO?Most people are able to get the media -> ISO option, but people on XP don't get that option for some reason

Check to see if you have a hidden C:\ESD\Windows folder and try to create a bootable ISO from the files in that folder

why does MS have to make everything confusing .. It took me several tries before I understood how to get download .. more confusion after download started.

Would it let me save the installers to Disk ? IT WOULD ... but did not know until the last step !!!!

netmaster911 said:   kenzzd said:   Any link to download the ISO?

With the Microsoft download assistant, you have an option to choose to save as ISO at the end. I burnt myself a bootable DVD with this option.

For those who concerned about rather 64-bit or 32-bit, I think it will uses 64-bit as default.. I didn't have to do anything during my installation and got 64-bit installed..

I am using it like Win7..
If the computer you use the Upg Asst on is 32 bit then you get a 32 bit download, if you use a 64 bit then you get a 64 bit download

http://www.windowsupgradeoffer.com/en-US/Home/Faq
Will it be possible with Windows 8 to upgrade from a prior Windows 32-bit version to a 64-bit version?
It is not possible to upgrade from a 32-bit to a 64-bit OS through the Windows Upgrade Assistant.

You can probably wait for people to try these keys with RTM ISOs that are available online to see if they work or wait for people online to create ISOs from retail upgrade discs that are available in stores

does everyone get the $15 offer? i just tried and got to the end and was given an option to buy the upgrade for $39.99?

I was indeed using XP. I found the ESD folder. Thanks!!!

ocellaris83 said:   does everyone get the $15 offer? i just tried and got to the end and was given an option to buy the upgrade for $39.99?

Yes. You have the coupon-code option at the very end. You enter the code you got from the email.. You save 25 bucks.. I paid $15.

kenzzd said:   I was indeed using XP. I found the ESD folder. Thanks!!!Report back if burning the files in that ESD\Windows folder as a bootable DVD or creating a bootable ISO works for you to help other XP people out

netmaster911 said:   ocellaris83 said:   does everyone get the $15 offer? i just tried and got to the end and was given an option to buy the upgrade for $39.99?

Yes. You have the coupon-code option at the very end. You enter the code you got from the email.. You save 25 bucks.. I paid $15.

ah thanks for that, i thought you put in the code before

Hmm, I'm not getting the option to create ISO or USB for my download. I only get Install now, or Install later from your desktop options. I partially went through the Install now process, but cancelled because it looked like it was about to just install. I did this from an XP desktop. And yes, I did purchase a qualifying PC with Windows 7 Pro for all the cry babies that's thinking about commenting about the license agreement.

SSi said:   gti said:   Do you get any Win8 license key with this?? What happen if your hard drive crashed later and you have to reinstall Win8 from scratch?? Assuming you have the .iso or media.

You do. Follow the direction here:
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/a/clean-install-windows-...

Mine wants $39.99 for windows 8 Upgrade, and then an additional 14.99 for the DVD (I think): Screenshot: http://cl.ly/image/1c1X1h2W0R1O

I true that..

we actually don't need win 8

briantek said:   You do NOT need to use their new user interface. You can disable it and have an experience much like Windows 7.

paroxsitic said:   Mine wants $39.99 for windows 8 Upgrade, and then an additional 14.99 for the DVD (I think): Screenshot: http://cl.ly/image/1c1X1h2W0R1O

You have to go further in the checkout process. It's the screen after the "payment" screen that has the box to put your code.

Has anyone been able to install the Microsoft download assistant on XP or Vista?

Thank you OP. Creating the iso now....

this was a funny read this morning... MS, Still Clueless after ALL these years..
People want to USE their pc's, NOT.. Learn each time MS wants to MOVE everything around.. how Annoying!
make a button, BUY,. make a button, INSTALL, make it work.. how Hard can that BE for programers?
People Want, a tv/phone .. use it, and it Works.. Imagine, having to get up, look all over your tv to turn it OFF? hahaha I love Fatwallet, but, I do HOPE MS has someone Reading this site and makes some adjustments.. thanks OP

princenjusa said:   Does this upgrade works for Vista?

Yes, I upgraded my system from Vista to Windows 8 without any issues.

golfguy said:   Has anyone been able to install the Microsoft download assistant on XP or Vista?

Yes, you can download and install the assistant on Vista (I did it on my system). I don't see a reason why you won't be able to run it on XP as well. Per MS, XP, Vista, Windows 7 can all be upgraded to Windows 8

GudSpellur said:   netmaster911 said:   miserly said:   so this upgrade only works on win 7 , not vista?

For $15 bucks, I ordered one to test it out. Thanks OP.

You can upgrade from win 7, vista or even XP...

What about Microsoft Bob?

Yes, that would work too. In fact, they said they would pay $25 for you to do it. They have been waiting all these years for the last user to upgrade so they could finally shelve it.

Upgraded to windows 8 yesterday. Turned on computer and got a white screen today. Windows sounds like it booted up but can't figure out what to do with this. Guessing video drivers or card dont know how to fix it. Any ideas? I have Dell 2305 all in one.

DeGlass said:   also add Windows Media Center Pack for free afterwards:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/feature-packs

according to the site you can get a upgrade to win8 pro

If you were running Windows 8, your PC will restart automatically and Windows 8 Pro With Media Center will be on it.
If you were running Windows 8 Pro, your PC will restart automatically and Windows Media Center will be available for use.

so for the $15 you get win8 pro

Registered and got my promo code via email. Won't let me purchase inside Windows upgrade assistant. I get a message window from avantgo digital services llc, "We couldn't finish processing your order", "The following happened while processing your order: Initializing checkout failed"
Only option is to close the upgrade assistant.
I'm hoping they are just being overwhelmed temporarily and Microsoft hasn't slammed the gates shut on this offer. I still have my promo codes so maybe I can get back in at a later time.
I've tried from different PCs, each with their own registration code.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I had same problem got a email with a key and link to finalize upgrade

I got the same problem.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014