Archived From: Expired Deals
  • 1 234517
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Go to https://www.windowsupgradeoffer.com
Windows 7 PC purchase information
Date of purchase *Make up any date within last 2 months.
Name of retailer * Just say whatever retailer.
PC Brand *I typed in Lenovo
PC Model * I typed in random anything.

That is all it requires, no receipt verification is needed. Anyone can upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for $14.99. It gives you a promo code, and you download and install from there.

Member Summary

windows 8 upgrade
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
If anyone still has a code and doesn't plan on using it, please let me know what you want for it

1Rebate (Mar. 10, 2013 @ 6:18p) |

Hello, I would love to have the code if you haven't gotten rid of it yet.

wendy

tastefulleyourz (Mar. 17, 2013 @ 9:07a) |

It's official - Windows 8 is such major FUBARed rollout of a new iteration of Windows, it has helped to mark the histori... (more)

JesseLivermore (Apr. 17, 2013 @ 11:07p) |

If you want to back up the setup files, it is downloaded into a folder called C:ESDWindows

Questions? Check out the FAQ:
http://www.windowsupgradeoffer.com/en-US/Home/Faq

===REFUND INFORMATION== Added 10-30-2012 by GPz1100

If you decide this isn't for you, you have call MS and request a refund.
877-254-4698

You will be asked to provide the following:

1) Order #
2) Email Addr used on the order
3) Phone # used on the order
4) Confirmation of address
5) Last 4 digits of credit card # used

At the end of the call, you must agree to destroy/uninstall the software and any copies.
======================================================

For those that need some help adjusting to new system, consider downloading Windows 8 for Dummies - Free pdf download made available by Dell. Thanks ButcherBoy

-RESTORE the START MENU HERE

- HERE IOBIT LINK
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Have you actually tried to install it? While you can download it, it might not actually work when you try to install it.

EDIT: It actually asks you for a current Windows 7 key, so I don't understand what the OP did!

I did the same thing (different make/model) and installed it and it's working/activated fine

tootse said:   Have you actually tried to install it? While you can download it, it might not actually work when you try to install it.

EDIT: It actually asks you for a current Windows 7 key, so I don't understand what the OP did!

What OS was on the machine before you upgraded to windows 8?

Yeah i upgraded early this morning doing the same. It was like $16.43 after tax for me. Idk if i like windows 8 yet though. It's something new so i guess it just takes some time to get use to.

After I enter the email address, PC make etc, it takes me to a validation page where I have to enter a Windows 7 product key. Didn't you have to do that?

I had windows 7 ultimate on my machine. I didnt ask for key or anything. I straight went to upgrade once I purchased it.

Nope, it didnt ask me for any detail.

tootse said:   After I enter the email address, PC make etc, it takes me to a validation page where I have to enter a Windows 7 product key. Didn't you have to do that?

ok - I thought you meant that it asked for the win7 key during the upgrade and not prior to getting the win8 sw.

can this be burned on dvd so i can have a real copy?

How long until MS catches up?

I hope never

Yes you can. After the download is complete via the upgrade assistant - you are prompted to -
0. Start install or 1. Save as an installer on the desktop or 2. Save as an iso.

crtt said:   can this be burned on dvd so i can have a real copy?

also add Windows Media Center Pack for free afterwards:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/feature-packs

does download have to happen immediately, or can i buy now at work and DL onto home PC later?

you can do it later though i m not sure how long it will last .

Do you have to have Win7 on your computer? Can I get it for an old Vista o/s on my desk top??

After registering, and DLed upgrade assistant, I am being asked to chip in thirty nine bux. yucks, prolly too late.

Sorry I cannot read, disregard my above comment.

sooo not only did I BS the purchase, but I also upgraded a cracked copy of windows 7....

worked like a charm

bigdoggy said:   After registering, and DLed upgrade assistant, I am being asked to chip in thirty nine bux. yucks, prolly too late.

coupon code when you log in to the website

tootse said:   After I enter the email address, PC make etc, it takes me to a validation page where I have to enter a Windows 7 product key. Didn't you have to do that?

I didnt have to do that

I am still tring to figure out how the heck you restart pc in win 8 I think this could be pretty slick after you get use to it

franlofter said:   I am still tring to figure out how the heck you restart pc in win 8 I think this could be pretty slick after you get use to it

haha no lie.. I couldnt figure out where shutdown was. First time in my life on a computer that I was like OK SERIOUSLY HOW THE!!!

I ended up pressing power button on my case and shut down that way...

lobstersoap said:   franlofter said:   I am still tring to figure out how the heck you restart pc in win 8 I think this could be pretty slick after you get use to it

haha no lie.. I couldnt figure out where shutdown was. First time in my life on a computer that I was like OK SERIOUSLY HOW THE!!!

I ended up pressing power button on my case and shut down that way...

When Microsoft introduced Windows 95, some people thought it was amusing and counterintuitive that the procedure for shutting down the computer began with the "Start" button. In Windows 8, that incongruity is gone along with the Start button, but shutting down with a mouse or touchpad isn't obvious either. Move the cursor into the top right corner of the screen. A menu will pop out. Sweep down to the "Settings" button that appears, and click it. Then click "Power," then "Shut down." If you're on a touch screen, start by swiping in from the right edge of the screen, then tap "Settings."

NBCNews

Keep going through the checkout. i think the last step is where you enter the offer code. I just did it

Wow, a lot of Windows 8 deals going on. Is this a loss leader from Microsoft to push the app store?

Thanks a bunch, ordered the DVD for extra bux. via paypal

No knocking OP here (acually, thanks for the heads up), but I'm torn on this given the large # of very poor reviews on 8. Windows 7 is one of the better versions so far.

Nearly every seemingly fair and unbiased review states that Windows 8 is really worse than 7 UNLESS you're using a touchscreen equipped device, be it a tablet, touchscreen laptop, etc.

Also, unless you do a dual boot with 7 & 8, once retail version of 8 is installed, from what I have gathered, you can not simply "go back" to 7 if you don't care for 8 (you can only do this if you have a PC that came pre-loaded with 8, oddly).

8 seems like a novelty. Definitely more Vista and ME than 7 and XP, if you catch my drift.

It worked for me, I was able to do the upgrade from windows 7, even used the make and model number of the actual laptop I was upgrading, just said I bought it on 2 Sept 2012. I had upgraded my Dell duo tablet earlier today with the 39.99 version from MS and I also have the DVD version that I was able to pre order from Amazon with the $30 Amazon credit. So I don't feel too bad about trying this to see if it worked. Now should I run it on the wife's computer to see if it works any faster for her.....questions questions questions....

Do you get any Win8 license key with this?? What happen if your hard drive crashed later and you have to reinstall Win8 from scratch?? Assuming you have the .iso or media.

domain was registered by someone from markmonitor.com, an anti-piracy anti-fraud related company. Better make sure you're on your best behavior when using this

so this upgrade only works on win 7 , not vista?

miserly said:   so this upgrade only works on win 7 , not vista?

For $15 bucks, I ordered one to test it out. Thanks OP.

You can upgrade from win 7, vista or even XP...

netmaster911 said:   miserly said:   so this upgrade only works on win 7 , not vista?

For $15 bucks, I ordered one to test it out. Thanks OP.

You can upgrade from win 7, vista or even XP...

What about Microsoft Bob?

Works perfectly!

JesseLivermore said:   No knocking OP here (acually, thanks for the heads up), but I'm torn on this given the large # of very poor reviews on 8. Windows 7 is one of the better versions so far.

Nearly every seemingly fair and unbiased review states that Windows 8 is really worse than 7 UNLESS you're using a touchscreen equipped device, be it a tablet, touchscreen laptop, etc.

Also, unless you do a dual boot with 7 & 8, once retail version of 8 is installed, from what I have gathered, you can not simply "go back" to 7 if you don't care for 8 (you can only do this if you have a PC that came pre-loaded with 8, oddly).

it is worse

unless you love the (crappy) metro junk or use a touchscreen, you don't need it

the website, on step 2 ("validation" step), is asking me for a Win7 key: "Please enter your Windows 7 product key" (using Firefox w/ Ghostery and ABP plugins). For those that didn't have to enter their Win7 key, what browser were you using?

Update1: The above was from a Win7 Ultimate desktop. I tried from a Win7 Acer laptop using the same first-page info as the other attempt and it went through fine w/o taking me to the 'validation' step.

Update2: Went back to the Win7 Ultimate desktop that was first rejected but used IE instead of FF and it worked fine w/o needing to enter a key. Entered retailer: BestBuy Brand: Lenovo Model: T240

You do NOT need to use their new user interface. You can disable it and have an experience much like Windows 7.

Skipping 605 Messages...
It's official - Windows 8 is such major FUBARed rollout of a new iteration of Windows, it has helped to mark the historic beginning of the end of the PC era.

Microsoft...what a joke of a company with the most incompetent executives imaginable. Microsoft and HP should merge into an even more epic abomination.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014