• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817474012

4 x Type A USB 3.0 - USB Downstream
1 x Type A - USB Upstream
24 x Type A USB 2.0 - USB Downstream

Newegg
See Newegg coupons that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Manhattan mother of all USB Hub
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Why is this hot? Save $6...?

USB hubs can be had FAR all the time. I'd rather have a few of them stacked neatly on my desk for free and save the $$$.

good luck finding a FAR USB 3.0 hub

besides, check out all the features this one has

Also available from Amazon for $60.74 with Prime shipping:
Link

Thanks for the link, OP. My wife recently migrated from a real desktop PC to a cute little MacBook Pro. Two USB 3.0 ports. We bought a six port hub, but she already needs more ports, so we'll have to decide to add a cheap USB 2.0 hub, or just go for this and never worry about running out of ports again...decisions decisions.

Why would anyone need 28 USB ports connected to single PC?
I hate to have a bunch of crap duplicating each other, so ... I got rid of my MP3 players as soon as found decent BT headset for my phone. Having several thumb drives drives me nuts, I upgrade to bigger one or two.
Several external hard drives? get NAS or set file server on the net.
I kind of can loosely count to about ten ports needed to read/synchronize and charge my devices, but 28?
guess I am minimalist

Unless you sell the ton of your software products on USB devices ... Can some one suggest the use of at least 20 ports out of 28?

"sell the tone"???? OOOPs, please explain.

" 4 Amp Power Adapater "... holy crap, that's a lot of current to draw!

funkychinoman said:   " 4 Amp Power Adapater "... holy crap, that's a lot of current to draw!

That would be at 5 volt, not 110.

funkychinoman said:   " 4 Amp Power Adapater "... holy crap, that's a lot of current to draw!

Not really. That's actually too low power to power all of the ports on this USB hub. Each port needs up to 500mA according to spec. This hub can only power up to 8 of its ports fully. For that reason alone, I would either not buy it, or invest in a more powerful power brick, something like 10-12A @ 5V.

nietsni3 said:   good luck finding a FAR USB 3.0 hub

besides, check out all the features this one has

Who cares? I'll revise my statement to make it a bit more obvious. Of course you won't find a USB 3 hub FAR. USB 2 hubs are though. Buy a decent USB 3 hub and a few FAR 2.0 hubs and move on. This thing doesn't provide enough juice to run things anyway. Plus it takes up too much desk space. I'd rather stack a few smaller desktop hubs if I needed that many hubs.

man, hot manhattan mother had me going. Atleast include a picture.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014