• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I just purchased a Yamaha RX-V671BL 7.1 Surround sound receiver at Bestbuy for only $249.99 new in box.(regular $549.99)(LY Model).
They have other brands and models available at mark down prices. It appears that each store has different stock, so YMMV.
Amazon current price is $499.95. Great receiver. Purchased in Massachusetts. SKU 2052264 Good luck!

Best Buy
Need a Best Buy coupon that earns 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Yamaha RX-V671BL Receiver
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

could you please post SKU of the item? Thx.

You picked it up for a great price! Mostly 5 star reviews on Amazon.

The Best Buy sku for this is 2052264

I have the next lower model down (V571). It's a very nice receiver whose reviews didn't have any major black marks against it like all the competitor reviews seemed to have (features which didn't work, reliability problems, etc).

The YPAO automatic calibration makes setup a breeze. It's a special microphone you use to auto-tune the volume and delays for each individual speaker in your setup for optimal sound quality. e.g. If your room's dynamics make the left side louder than the right, it will compensate. Or if your rear speakers are really far back, it will adjust the delay on the front speakers so all sounds arrive at your ears when they should. I don't know how useful that is in a smaller room, but in a big room calibrated vs. uncalibrated makes a very noticeable difference.

The only gotcha I've found is if you use it for live performances like karaoke. All the sound processing options introduce a small delay that gives a live mic an echo effect like a baseball stadium. The only way to get rid of it is to use Direct mode (there's a button for it in front). But Direct mode only pipes the input sound directly to the corresponding speakers. Since most mixers and karaoke systems put out only left/right mono, the sound will only come out through the front left and right speakers of your 7.1 or 5.1 system. The other speakers (and subwoofer) are silent.

Here's how it compares to the newer version (V673). The main improvements I saw were Airplay and 4k video pass-through (and upscaling). Airplay is Apple's proprietary version of DLNA - letting you stream music to the receiver over your network. Both versions support DLNA so this shouldn't be an issue unless you're an Apple purist. And 4k TVs are probably another 5+ years down the road.

Confirmed: $249.99 in Flint, MI

Very good deal. Does anyone know the link to check for store availability?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014