• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
El Linko

Add this filler. for a total of $250.49

Use code THANKYOU for a $25 gift card with this purchase. Gift cards can be redeemed Dec 1-14 ONLY.

Final cost assuming you use the GC and the Cash Back ($6.25) is $219.25 and no tax and free shipping. Gift card deal ends November 17.

You need to be a rewards member to get free shipping but it is free to join link

Member Summary

32GB Nexus
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts

epete (Nov. 28, 2012 @ 4:37a) |

Gift Card now says processed. JR.com said GC's will be emailed shortly.

epete (Nov. 30, 2012 @ 12:22p) |

man, i missedd it

bimmer34 (Nov. 30, 2012 @ 2:42p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TigerDirect has the 16GB version for $202.28 shipped. You get your usual CashBack. Much better deal, IMO.

kickerstarter said:   TigerDirect has the 16GB version for $202.28 shipped. You get your usual CashBack. Much better deal, IMO.

How do you figure that?

GudSpellur said:   kickerstarter said:   TigerDirect has the 16GB version for $202.28 shipped. You get your usual CashBack. Much better deal, IMO.

How do you figure that?

Kickerstarter thinks 32 GB is not worth paying extra $42 to gain another 16GB. He will find out 16GB will be out of memory after downloading few movies. Let him learn the hard way. I will buy 32GB when it goes on a better sale.

Used the coupon to get $5off but they still charged me for shipping.

Is this tablet really brown?

toant103 said:   Used the coupon to get $5off but they still charged me for shipping.

Take a screenshot of the product page where it clearly states free shipping and get it refunded. They will be busy the next few days due to the hurricane but I bet you can get it back.

I wonder how long they'll need to ship these with the mess that NYC is in. Either way I'm in - thanks OP!

docjoo said:   GudSpellur said:   kickerstarter said:   TigerDirect has the 16GB version for $202.28 shipped. You get your usual CashBack. Much better deal, IMO.

How do you figure that?

Kickerstarter thinks 32 GB is not worth paying extra $42 to gain another 16GB. He will find out 16GB will be out of memory after downloading few movies. Let him learn the hard way. I will buy 32GB when it goes on a better sale.

I have been using an 8GB Nook Color and never ran out of memory. But then I am not big on movies. At home, I stream my movies. Why bother with copy? Besides, if you ran out of memory with even 16GB (enough for 12 hours of 720p movies in the right format, longer than the battery would last), why would 32GB be enough?

BTW, the price difference is actually $44 because I get a combined ~6% CashBack. I know TD is just MSRP but it is not like I am posting a hot deal. People here would red others who simply giving their opinion. Go ahead. Red me again.

With all the issues....and me personally being on my now 4th Nexus 7 tablet (still defective).....I'd highly suggest buying local.

kickerstarter said:   I have been using an 8GB Nook Color and never ran out of memory. But then I am not big on movies. At home, I stream my movies. Why bother with copy?

Try streaming when there is no network? good luck. There are many situations you won't find any wifi.

kickerstarter said:   BTW, the price difference is actually $44 because I get a combined ~6% CashBack. I know TD is just MSRP but it is not like I am posting a hot deal. People here would red others who simply giving their opinion. Go ahead. Red me again.

It makes sense to get more storage only because Nexus devices have no SD card slot. For all other tablets with SD card slot, the price difference of 16GB and 32GB can usually buy you one or two additinal 32GB SD card.

Agreed, I never use more then 16 GB either. Thanks for the link.

Internet, E-mail, Youtube, L=Spotify]/Spotify-coupons/#shopnow=http://www.spotify.com[/L], Netflix, Pandora, Social Media Apps, Magazines/books, Games, and other apps. Still have about 4 gigs left.

Some people don't need 32 GB, so why pay the extra money?

mcdull said:   It makes sense to get more storage only because Nexus devices have no SD card slot. For all other tablets with SD card slot, the price difference of 16GB and 32GB can usually buy you one or two additinal 32GB SD card.
While the Nexus 7 may not have an internal SD card slot, these tablets can still access SD cards and other storage media via the use of a cheap USB-OTG cable and an app like Nexus Media Importer (or if you root Stickmount, USB OTG Helper). I have no problems accessing USB Flash Drives, SD and microSD cards with my Nexus 7.

this is very good, but I am still going to wait for BF. I hope I dont regret passing on this.

mcdull said:   kickerstarter said:   I have been using an 8GB Nook Color and never ran out of memory. But then I am not big on movies. At home, I stream my movies. Why bother with copy?

Try streaming when there is no network? good luck. There are many situations you won't find any wifi.

Can you read?

5X Citi Rewards Thank you points at electronic, computer, toy and apparel stores to 12/31/12.
Must have individualized invite number and enroll.
Be sure to read the fine print.

kickerstarter said:   TigerDirect has the 16GB version for $202.28 shipped. You get your usual CashBack. Much better deal, IMO.

Since when was MSRP a hot deal?

Since when is this deal MSRP? Please learn to read...

bennor said:   mcdull said:   It makes sense to get more storage only because Nexus devices have no SD card slot. For all other tablets with SD card slot, the price difference of 16GB and 32GB can usually buy you one or two additinal 32GB SD card.
While the Nexus 7 may not have an internal SD card slot, these tablets can still access SD cards and other storage media via the use of a cheap USB-OTG cable and an app like Nexus Media Importer (or if you root Stickmount, USB OTG Helper). I have no problems accessing USB Flash Drives, SD and microSD cards with my Nexus 7.

This is true, but they are obviously not as convenient having this stuff hanging off your tablet. Would have been nice to have an internal SD slot on this guy. Also, the new Nexus 10 does not have an SD slot either.

opathal said:   With all the issues....and me personally being on my now 4th Nexus 7 tablet (still defective).....I'd highly suggest buying local.

Please let us know what issues you've had that have prompted so many returns. I'm about to pull the trigger on the N7 but would like to know what I'm getting into first.

nwrain said:   opathal said:   With all the issues....and me personally being on my now 4th Nexus 7 tablet (still defective).....I'd highly suggest buying local.

Please let us know what issues you've had that have prompted so many returns. I'm about to pull the trigger on the N7 but would like to know what I'm getting into first.

One of the common complaints is screen separation. Another I've heard about are dead pixels. Here's a more comprehensive list.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2407422,00.asp

Yes, opathal, please list your specific 3 problems you've had for some first hand data.

A lot of problem units mean there will be a bunch of cheap refurbished units for sale in 3 months. Unfortunately, some of these will be refurbished by putting the defective unit into a new box.

GudSpellur said:   kickerstarter said:   TigerDirect has the 16GB version for $202.28 shipped. You get your usual CashBack. Much better deal, IMO.

Price is $249 at J&R. Price is $249 at Play Store. $249 is the MSRP.

I am not the one posting "hot deals" here. Please learn to read....

kickerstarter said:   GudSpellur said:   kickerstarter said:   TigerDirect has the 16GB version for $202.28 shipped. You get your usual CashBack. Much better deal, IMO.

Price is $249 at J&R. Price is $249 at Play Store. $249 is the MSRP.

I am not the one posting "hot deals" here. Please learn to read....

And with the coupon the price here is $244.
Please look into a class or two at your local community college...

If you're trying to figure out whether you need the 16GB or 32GB version here's something to consider:

It is relatively easy to share drives from a PC to an Android tablet. Various apps allow you to connect an Android directory via Wifi to your Windows machine creating essentially unlimited available storage on your tablet. The files on the shared drive are seen by Android and all apps as if they were stored locally. I've done this on my rooted device, but there are apps that allow it even on unrooted devices. If you are primarily going to be using your tablet at home the additional memory isn't really necessary even if you don't want to pay for Cloud Storage.

If I started traveling internationally on a regular basis the additional storage would become more important, but since I always travel with a laptop it wouldn't be a big deal even then. Copying files from my laptop to a tablet can be easily done even while on a plane.

If you don't need 32gb storage then obviously this deal is not for you. Still no need to trash it. There will be people out there who prefer 32gb model over 16gb.

macosx said:   nwrain said:   opathal said:   With all the issues....and me personally being on my now 4th Nexus 7 tablet (still defective).....I'd highly suggest buying local.

One of the common complaints is screen separation. Another I've heard about are dead pixels. Here's a more comprehensive list.

Yes, opathal, please list your specific 3 problems you've had for some first hand data.

A lot of problem units mean there will be a bunch of cheap refurbished units for sale in 3 months. Unfortunately, some of these will be refurbished by putting the defective unit into a new box.

My first three suffered from screen separation. The first was previously opened and resealed multiple times (brand new from Google Play store) and the left side was so lifted it did not respond unless I pressed down HARD! #2 and #3 had less pronounced screen issues, but also had dead pixels. My 4th and current Nexus 7 has a dead pixel and a problem when connecting to wifi. There's a short (common problem) that causes the screen to flicker when using WiFi.

opathal said:   macosx said:   nwrain said:   opathal said:   With all the issues....and me personally being on my now 4th Nexus 7 tablet (still defective).....I'd highly suggest buying local.

My first three suffered from screen separation. The first was previously opened and resealed multiple times (brand new from Google Play store) and the left side was so lifted it did not respond unless I pressed down HARD! #2 and #3 had less pronounced screen issues, but also had dead pixels. My 4th and current Nexus 7 has a dead pixel and a problem when connecting to wifi. There's a short (common problem) that causes the screen to flicker when using WiFi.
it is illegal and misrepresentation to sell opened or refurbished units as new..i hear this reports yet it is still hard for me to believe..
when did all this occur?.. supposedly all the builds since problems surfaced have been fixed.

5% Cash Back at shopdiscover.com + another 5% Cash Back for online purchases upto $1500 this quarter on Discover card.

multi-layered broken tape
Disclaimer
amkaos said:   opathal said:   macosx said:   nwrain said:   opathal said:   With all the issues....and me personally being on my now 4th Nexus 7 tablet (still defective).....I'd highly suggest buying local.

it is illegal and misrepresentation to sell opened or refurbished units as new..i hear this reports yet it is still hard for me to believe..
when did all this occur?.. supposedly all the builds since problems surfaced have been fixed.

I'd be interested to see.....I took pictures of my first "new" product. As you can see in the picture, the seal was broken, retaped, broken and retaped again. Obviously there was an issue with my tablet.....How did they POSSIBLY still send it out? I mean the entire left side of the screen didn't function!

I know people are upset with me for posting my story, but there's no bigger advocate of Android than myself......I own a galaxy nexus (which I love) and followed the release of this tablet for 6mo.

I preordered it and more than anyone wanted it to be amazing. Unfortunately, I had a terrible experience and Google Play took 3weeks to allow me to send my first defective tablet back.

Just an overall horrid experience with ASUS and Google. Does ASUS make good products? I have an ASUS motherboard thats been rock solid for 4+yrs. Does ASUS make a good Nexus 7? Given my experience I'd say thats a resounding HELL NO.

I understand cutting corners to save cost, but I would have GLADLY shelled out an extra $50 to get tablet that actually works properly.

freejunkmail said:   If you don't need 32gb storage then obviously this deal is not for you. Still no need to trash it. There will be people out there who prefer 32gb model over 16gb.

Discussing the need for the different versions of the N7 doesn't mean people are trashing the deal. Nor does discussing the quality issues people are having with it. There are plenty of folks that simply haven't decided whether to buy the 32gb or the 16gb model and I, for one, appreciate FW member's thoughts on both that subject AND the quality issues.

This is a "Deal Discussion" forum and that is exactly what is being done.

bozo007 said:   5% Cash Back at shopdiscover.com + another 5% Cash Back for online purchases upto $1500 this quarter on Discover card.

Are they stackable? I bought my projector from J&R and had no problems with my CB for that purchase. 10% would be nice if they work together.

opathal said:   I know people are upset with me for posting my story, but there's no bigger advocate of Android than myself......I own a galaxy nexus (which I love) and followed the release of this tablet for 6mo.

Thank you for posting this information. I'll be buying it locally for a bit more rather than repeatedly having to ship back defective units.

opathal you never said When this all happened..

again, i say that quality issues have been recalled, replaced and remedied..reportedly..

sholling said:   I wonder how long they'll need to ship these with the mess that NYC is in. Either way I'm in - thanks OP!
Just an update, even with all the weather problems they shipped mine the day after I ordered it.

I would assume, if Asus/Google have fixed the screen issue on later builds, that would mean the 32GB would be the safe way to go. I know my local WalMart has had a stack of 16GB for $249 for months. They will now be $199, but how long ago were they actually assembled?

DontTreadOnMe said:   bozo007 said:   5% Cash Back at shopdiscover.com + another 5% Cash Back for online purchases upto $1500 this quarter on Discover card.

Are they stackable? I bought my projector from J&R and had no problems with my CB for that purchase. 10% would be nice if they work together.

Not stackable. Best to use FW link and pay with Discover card to get total 7.5% Cash Back.

docjoo said:   DontTreadOnMe said:   bozo007 said:   5% Cash Back at shopdiscover.com + another 5% Cash Back for online purchases upto $1500 this quarter on Discover card.

Not stackable. Best to use FW link and pay with Discover card to get total 7.5% Cash Back.

Confirmed stackable. They are both independent of each other.

bozo007 said:   docjoo said:   DontTreadOnMe said:   bozo007 said:   5% Cash Back at shopdiscover.com + another 5% Cash Back for online purchases upto $1500 this quarter on Discover card.

Confirmed stackable. They are both independent of each other.

Did you use them on this deal? If so what was your final price?

toant103 said:   Used the coupon to get $5off but they still charged me for shipping.

Just placed an order and JR did not charge me any fees on shipping.

My 32GB came in today and it's black not brown. The display and the device in general arrived in perfect condition. Overall I'm very pleased with it. Thanks again OP.

Skipping 22 Messages...
man, i missedd it

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014