Sony 55" Bravia BX520-Series Class LCD 1080p 120Hz HDTV:

16:9 LCD panel
With 1920 x 1080 full-HD resolution
55" class screen size
54.64" screen measured diagonally from corner to corner
Wide 178-degree vertical and 178-degree horizontal angles
See a clear picture from anywhere in the room on this Sony 55" LCD HDTV
Built-in digital tuner
Watch digital broadcasts, including HDTV programs where available, on the Sony Bravia 55" 1080p TV
HDMI Inputs: 2
Enjoy a superior HD experience with the HDMI one-cable solution
Wall mountable with optional mount (not included)
VESA standard 400mm x 300mm mounting holes

Walmart
See Walmart discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Sony 55" Bravia BX520 LCD HDTV
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Nice deal, but I'd rather invest into an LED as LCD is going out of style -- probably won't be worth much soon.

Nice deal.

$898 is acceptable. Nice price drop!

Good deal on a large screen, brand name TV.

Amazon price...$1,199.00 + $79.86 shipping

WalMart price on a Refurbished Sony KDL-55BX520 55" 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV ... $699.98

Bought for my 55" Sony Bravia LED one year ago. Love it.

LED and LCD is the same technology just different light bulbs behind the screen. Looks like a good deal to me.

yeah, i think this LED thing confuses some folks. its just about how its backlit. yes, LED is a bit more efficient, and maybe a bit better (depending on configuration) at even lighting, but thats about it. and even those things vary from one set to the next.

its noted same deal in this topic:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1229916/

viking23 said:   LED and LCD is the same technology just different light bulbs behind the screen. Looks like a good deal to me.

Indeed. To go further, all "LED" TVs (for the home, not the stadium) are just LEDs lighting up LCD panels vs older-school lighting techniques.

No smart TV ? That kills the deal.

"LED" has become a marketing term. It refers to how the screen is backlit. Older models used CCFL which is less efficient, more power hungry. LED is more efficient, but also more expensive. I have several of both and while the LED backlit models are definitely superior I would not pay a large premium for it.

polishdreamer said:   No smart TV ? That kills the deal.

Smart tv is no where near as exciting as compared to the cost. Any cheap blu ray player with wifi, will do anything a smartv will do. I would take the huge savings, and have a dumb tv, with a smart wifi bluray.

LORENW said:   polishdreamer said:   No smart TV ? That kills the deal.

Smart tv is no where near as exciting as compared to the cost. Any cheap blu ray player with wifi, will do anything a smartv will do. I would take the huge savings, and have a dumb tv, with a smart wifi bluray.

How about a Target clearance deal on a Vizio 55" Smart TV for $773 ??

LORENW said:   polishdreamer said:   No smart TV ? That kills the deal.

Or a cheap computer. The advantage to the computer is also the upgradeability. My computer can play a new codec as soon as I download it. How long do you think it takes Sony/Acer/LG/Panasonic/etc. to add support for a new codex?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014