• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Starts 11/4 - Netgear NeoTV Streaming Player (NTV200): Staples $10+tax After SER (or lower, YMMV)

Starts 11/4 at Staples

Sale Price: $30
Staples Easy Rebate: -$20
Cost: $10 + tax

If you have the 20% off Staples coupon, this would only cost $4!

Staples product page
Staples ad
Amazon product page

Item: 369202
Model: NTV200-100NAS

Enjoy Online Entertainment On Your TV.
Turn your TV into a Smart TV. Introducing NeoTV Streaming Player (NTV200) from NETGEAR. NeoTV Streaming Player turns your existing TV into a Smart TV, instantly streaming thousands of movies, the latest TV shows, music and song selections from every genre possible, the most-viewed videos, the hottest games, updated tech podcasts, and endless other entertainment options straight to the biggest screen in your home. That's access to the best selection of streaming entertainment available – with more channels, apps, games and more being added constantly.
•Instantly watch thousands of movies - If it’s out on DVD, chances are you will find it on NeoTV. Enjoy thousands of streaming movies and TV shows from Netflix. It’s the world’s largest selection of streaming movies
•Stream hundreds of new releases - Don’t pick from a list of last year’s hits or worry about what’s in stock at the video store or kiosk. Get the movie on VUDU without the hassle—you can even watch the fi rst few minutes for free
•YouTube Leanback—Broadcast Yourself - YouTube Leanback is a new way to watch YouTube videos on any big screen. With simple controls and full screen viewing, Leanback makes watching videos on YouTube as effortless as watching TV
•They’re playing my song! - Sit back and enjoy a listening experience full of current and soon-to-be favorite songs for you. Create your favorite stations on Pandora or listen instantly to your choice of over 12 million full-length songs on Napster
•Fling those videos! - Fling from the web directly to the TV. Browse YouTube, Vimeo or Crunchyroll.com videos on your PC and simply fling the video you are watching to the NeoTV and enjoy on your big screen TV
•Game on... my friend! - Nothing to do tonight… with NeoTV you can spend hours swapping gem stones or beating your opponents in the popular game of Texas Hold’em poker

Member Summary

NeoTV NTV200
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
got my rebate in the mail over the weekend. a little over one month turnaround isn't too bad.

ElCheapoFantastico (Dec. 10, 2012 @ 10:39p) |

Me too!

DonMorgan (Dec. 10, 2012 @ 10:46p) |

vickh (Dec. 11, 2012 @ 12:03a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Awesome. Thanks.

Pretty cheap, but no DLNA support, and doesn't look like it can play local content either. So nice if you need to watch Netflix and a few other channels, but limited usability. For $10 may be worth it.

yes it's a good price. but doesn't a PS3 includes all the features this one has already?

I have it and this is pretty useless without Hulu+ or Netflix. It can do some YouTube and some streaming from PCs through Flingo, but only very limited file formats.

is this an in store purchase or direct from the site? Thanks

tomprc said:   yes it's a good price. but doesn't a PS3 includes all the features this one has already?

and ps3 costs how much?

So particular deal but it's not useful to me. Thanks anyway.

tomprc said:   yes it's a good price. but doesn't a PS3 includes all the features this one has already?

You could just buy the entire internet.

Was the 20% coupon sent out in email to everybody ? Or do we buy it from the usual channels ?

FWIW, i bought the NeoTV 550 2 years ago and I can say Netgears development for released products is non existent. So if this box does everything you want, great. Otherwise, do not expect promised new features to be available in a firmware upgrade. It just wont happen.

ragedogg69 said:   FWIW, i bought the NeoTV 550 2 years ago and I can say Netgears development for released products is non existent. So if this box does everything you want, great.

As you said, hence the $10 price tag.

How can you beat a 1080p wireless-N streamer, even if you only use Vudu, for $10 ?... great deal..
Listed as a low stock clearance item in my area though.. hope I can get more than one.

uvasag said:   Was the 20% coupon sent out in email to everybody ? Or do we buy it from the usual channels ?
The 20% off coupon 48128 expired on 10/27, the OP doesn't mention where to get it from.

JamesD1343 said:   ROOT

What does root get you?

From the scripts there are some references to XBMC?

elektronic said:   JamesD1343 said:   ROOT

What does root get you?

From the scripts there are some references to XBMC?

I think ROOT doesn't buy you much with this device. It doesn't look like there is a lot of community around it either, so any development will move slow, if at all.

Looked interesting...but it would just sit on my pile of cheap hdmi connected devices

JamesD1343 said:   ROOT

That is about the NeoTV 300. Does it work for the NeoTV 200 also? I haven't been able to find any information.

If I purchase today online, will they pricematch on the 4th?

suezyque said:   If I purchase today online, will they pricematch on the 4th?If you do that you will need to do a return/rebuy in a store for the rebate as the purchase date will not be within the effective dates of the rebate. They do not return/rebuy online just give you a credit for the price match which won't help with the rebate dates.

pkp413 said:   I have it and this is pretty useless without Hulu+ or Netflix. It can do some YouTube and some streaming from PCs through Flingo, but only very limited file formats.

Looks like it has Hulu and Netflix?

http://www.netgear.com/home/products/hometheater/media-players/ntv200.aspx#five

egenesis said:   pkp413 said:   I have it and this is pretty useless without Hulu+ or Netflix. It can do some YouTube and some streaming from PCs through Flingo, but only very limited file formats.

Looks like it has Hulu and Netflix?

http://www.netgear.com/home/products/hometheater/media-players/n...

He meant that if you aren't willing to pay for Hulu+ or Netflix, then you probably don't want this. If you do subscribe to Hulu+ or Netflix, or plan on it, then this device may be something of interest.

Good deal, I want it for a third TV for Netflix, Hulu Plus and Pandora... I was going to buy a Roku but this is a much better deal.

dream22 said:   Good deal, I want it for a third TV for Netflix, Hulu Plus and Pandora... I was going to buy a Roku but this is a much better deal.

Roku has many channels (including some free ones), the free ones on NeoTV are totally outdated. For instance, the Discovery Channel has shows from 10-15 months ago! Netgear is not spending any resources on maintaining or upgrading the channels, otherwise this would be a decent substitute. I have tried all their free channels and none of them are of any interest to me or have good free/premium content available (CNN had shows from 3 months ago). There is barely any recent content, except for trailers. Also another annoyance is that with YouTube, you have to reactivate with each new session (tie NeoTV with your YouTube account). It is not persistent.

It does work okay with Pandora, so if you like hearing music through TV, this will work; not bad for $10.

How does this compare to the Nexus Q?

Can you run dd-wrt or tomato on this device?

great find, thanks

fatxman said:   Can you run dd-wrt or tomato on this device?

No, this is not a router.

Picked 2 today. Will do the return / rebuy. First notions are that I am with the reviews as on Staples website...awesome. Typing with the remote can be sloppy. I do not know how the movies work. They give a code and tell you to activate on specific website (eg. YuppTv)to watch movies. Wonder how that works...?

Are you sure that Hulu is compatible with this. I opted for Hulu Plus for my Logitech Revue, and it was incompatible. Canceled my sub the same day. I really love my Revue.

Yes, Hulu+ works with this unit (not Hulu).

mrkk said:   tomprc said:   yes it's a good price. but doesn't a PS3 includes all the features this one has already?

and ps3 costs how much?

You don't get it. I never mean you buy ps3 instead of this. I mean for people always own ps3, this one has little value.

Yes, becuz everyone has a PS3?!

Does this device work with adult movies?

fatxman said:   Does this device work with adult movies?I guess if you paid it enough it might.

So if this is connected to a PC thru the USB, will it play everything the PC is playing to the TV?

alxndr said:   So if this is connected to a PC thru the USB, will it play everything the PC is playing to the TV?

There is no USB. It accesses internet via ethernet port.

fatxman said:   Does this device work with adult movies?

There is no native channel that I know of with adult content. But if the file is right format, you can "fling" it from your PC to this device and then watch on TV.

I bought one from Staples when it was cheeeep.Never could get it to connect to wi-fi.Bought a Roku and it hooked immediately.Been enjoying the Roku ever since.

Here is the Netgear site with all the information. It does support Netflix and Hulu Plus

http://www.netgear.com/home/products/hometheater/media-players/N...

Skipping 41 Messages...
pkp413 said:   I have it and this is pretty useless without Hulu+ or Netflix. It can do some YouTube and some streaming from PCs through Flingo, but only very limited file formats.

can this or Roku do mkv

for :

http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/Harmys-STAR-WARS-Desp...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014