• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Panasonic - Lumix ZS8 14.1- $129 Best Buy . Regular $229

Best Buy
See Best Buy promo codes that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Panasonic - Lumix ZS8 (34.49kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary

I am a big fan of my ZS7. Only thing I wish it had was Wifi but I got an Eye-fi. Also this ZS8 lacks GPS which the ZS7 has built-in. Not a big deal, more of a battery-drain than a must-have feature for most people, but something to be aware of.

This price is only good for the BLACK version of this camera. Silver is $229.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Panasonic+-+Lumix+ZS8+14.1-Megapixel...

What's Included
•Panasonic Lumix ZS8 14.1-Megapixel Digital Camera
•Lithium-ion battery pack (3.6V)
•A/V cable, USB cable
•Hand strap
•Owner's manual
Specifications
Warranty Terms - Parts: 1 year
Warranty Terms - Labor: 1 year limited
Height: 2.25 inches
Width: 4.1 inches
Depth: 1.3 inches
See All Specs This digital camera features a wide array of functions, so you can capture special moments and be creative. Optical image stabilization and face detection help ensure clear, focused portraits. The 3" LCD screen lets you easily view your images.
Product Features
14.1-megapixel 1/2.33" CCD
Captures high-resolution images up to 4320 x 3240 pixels.

16x optical/4x digital/64x total zoom
Through a wide-angle Leica DC Vario-Elmar lens for sharp shots.

3" TFT-LCD display
With 230K dots for easy viewing.

High-definition movie mode
For live-action filming.

Optical Image Stabilizer
Reduces image blur caused by camera shake and vibration.

High ISO sensitivity (up to 6400)
For improved image capture in low-light conditions.

Wide selection of scene modes
Includes portrait, soft skin, transform, self-portrait, scenery, panorama assist, sports, night portrait, night scenery, food, party, candle light, sunset, baby, underwater and more to capture optimal images.

Burst shooting mode
Captures 5.5 fps in image priority mode or approximately 10 fps in speed priority mode for fast-action shots.

White balance options
Include auto, daylight, cloudy, shade, incandescent and white set to help keep colors looking natural in different types of light.

Built-in flash
With auto, forced off and red-eye reduction modes to accommodate various lighting conditions.

Special photo effects
Include black and white, sepia, cool, warm and happy for creative images.

Face detection technology
Isolates subjects in-frame and optimizes conditions to take the best pictures of friends and family.

23-point autofocus
With single-point, AF tracking, spot and face options for versatility.

PictBridge compatible
For printing your photos directly without using a PC.

70MB internal memory
For storing videos and still shots. Slot supports Secure Digital, Secure Digital High Capacity and SDXC (media not included) for expanded storage options.

I have ZS9, love it. The only difference is that ZS9 has stereo mic. This is a good price for ZS8.

Thanks OP! I've been looking for a good deal on something to carry around with me.

$129 seems like a good price for a ZS8, but $229 is unreasonably high, so its not as great as it sounds. I think I paid less than $200 for my ZS9 (which as likethemcheap said is virtually the same camera) but that was a while ago. You can probably get a nicer (newer) Panasonic for not much more.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014