• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
See Sunday Nov. 4 Best Buy Flyer-Page 8 or bestbuy.com/twcoffer (Starting Sunday) for more information.

In the Sunday Nov 4 Best Buy Flyer on Page 8. Subscribe to Time Warner Cable Bundles $89.99/99.99 per month, get a free 4gb Xbox Console and $150 Best Buy Gift Card for subscribing.

Gift Card mailed 4-6 weeks. Console available after online redemption.

One of the best Cable TV deals I've seen.

Offer expires 1/5/2013
This offer will be in the Sunday Best Buy Flyer starting Sunday Nov 4.Ad scan attached.

Best Buy
See Best Buy coupons that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Time Warner Cable (14.67kB)
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Finally, after calling every single week and two trips to BestBuy, we just got our "free" XBOX.
Signed up 11/04
Installed ... (more)

ElGuache (Feb. 08, 2013 @ 7:21p) |

Just wanted to update that I received my $150 GC yesterday. Took a little bit of calling and a lot of patience but it wo... (more)

kami333 (Mar. 30, 2013 @ 8:40a) |

I was shown as being qualified for the $150 BB gc via their status page on their registration web site for like 100 days... (more)

UltiPlayer (Mar. 30, 2013 @ 9:13a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

new customers only? doesn't say in the fine print.

When the offer website becomes active you will see the fine print. Possible you can upgrade service. If not, cancel your current service. Wait or have someone else in your household subscribe for cable service.

How long is the contract?

according to the ad, you have to remain in good standing for 3 months to get the offer. So sign up for 3 months then cancel and keep your xbox and $150? wow. Too bad i just signed up for 2 years with them at $69.99/month

Nice.. right now I am having internet.... will upgrade...

So you spend $300 to get about $300 worth of goods... Since I already have FIOS, it's just a wash for me.

I think it's for people who would have the service anyways. Kind of like upgrading your contract to an Iphone. You spend 1400+ dollars to get 400 dollars off of a 600 dollar phone.

signed up for this promo yesterday at best buy. had to switch from my girlfriends name to mine because it is only for new customers.

i like it. will end up paying $5 less a month, plus get an xbox 360 and $150 best buy card. you receive an email that your xbox is ready for pickup at best buy within 2 weeks, and the gift card comes in the mail 4-6 weeks after you've maintained service for 60 days.

also with this promo is free dvr for 12 months, and you get hbo, starz, cinemax, tmc, and i think one other for 3 months free.

this is very good for people like me still waiting for fios in their neighborhood and sick of the constant rate hikes by timewarner!

eighnull,
did you have to cancel your service 1st? If so, what service did you already have from TWC?

eighnull said:   signed up for this promo yesterday at best buy. had to switch from my girlfriends name to mine because it is only for new customers.

i like it. will end up paying $5 less a month, plus get an xbox 360 and $150 best buy card. you receive an email that your xbox is ready for pickup at best buy within 2 weeks, and the gift card comes in the mail 4-6 weeks after you've maintained service for 60 days.

also with this promo is free dvr for 12 months, and you get hbo, starz, cinemax, tmc, and i think one other for 3 months free.

this is very good for people like me still waiting for fios in their neighborhood and sick of the constant rate hikes by timewarner!

I think my wife would be mad if I switched our cable to my girlfriend's name! I wish out of contract existing customers could get in on this deal. The fine print says:

Only new subscribers to Time Warner Cable’s bundled cable TV, Internet and phone services are eligible for this offer.

mrlasveas said:   See Sunday Nov. 4 Best Buy Flyer-Page 8 or bestbuy.com/twcoffer (Starting Sunday) for more information.

In the Sunday Nov 4 Best Buy Flyer on Page 8. Subscribe to Time Warner Cable Bundles $89.99/99.99 per month, get a free 4gb Xbox Console and $150 Best Buy Gift Card for subscribing.

Gift Card mailed 4-6 weeks. Console available after online redemption.

One of the best Cable TV deals I've seen.

Offer expires 1/5/2013
This offer will be in the Sunday Best Buy Flyer starting Sunday Nov 4.Ad scan attached.

NOTE:

Time Warner Cable is not offered to all states, so this only applies to some of you...

I just went to BB and they told me they don't have this deal in Florida ...they only have direct tv, the worst part is that I already canceled my service with Bright House...I know , I should have called BB first..my husband will kill me when Monday we will not have any phone/internet/cable.....I need to find something quick! anybody knows any good deals here in Fl ? thank you!

Not seeing the deal in NC on-line ad, will check paper when stagger out to street

I lied, went to local store site not national "weekly deals" and it's on page 10
Might be time to leave AT&T

vaiferrari said:   I just went to BB and they told me they don't have this deal in Florida ...they only have direct tv, the worst part is that I already canceled my service with Bright House...I know , I should have called BB first..my husband will kill me when Monday we will not have any phone/internet/cable.....I need to find something quick! anybody knows any good deals here in Fl ? thank you!

Brighthouse has some pretty good bundling deals.

UltiPlayer said:   eighnull,
did you have to cancel your service 1st? If so, what service did you already have from TWC?

I cancel the service right there when the guy was doing the paperwork. You have to cancel, otherwise they can't get that same address.
I had to place the order on my wife's name. Sweet. Thanks OP. Yes it is only for new customers.

I cannot even take advantage of this deal. Canceled Time Warner Cable several months ago and have 20 months to go on a Direct TV contract.

My Time Warner contract is up this month. So i can go to BB and start a new contract under my wife's name even though it's the same address?

ElGuache said:   UltiPlayer said:   eighnull,

I cancel the service right there when the guy was doing the paperwork. You have to cancel, otherwise they can't get that same address.
I had to place the order on my wife's name. Sweet. Thanks OP. Yes it is only for new customers.

How did this work? Did you have to return the equipment (e.g. DVR, cable boxes, etc) and then get new ones when they activated the account? How long was your cable off for between the time you cancelled and the time the new service was activated?

When I went in to Best Buy today they said it's the gift card OR the Xbox not both. I thought the ad said both? Is anyone else running into this problem?

winforeli said:   When I went in to Best Buy today they said it's the gift card OR the Xbox not both. I thought the ad said both? Is anyone else running into this problem?

Both the ad (pdf in OP's post) and the web say "AND". Maybe the blue shirt intends to keep one from your order.

verizon fios has basically matched this offer with a $300 gift card on their triple play service.

http://bundledeals.org/verizon-fios-triple-play-special

Went to the store, I've already got internet and TV so they said I don't qualify. . Maybe I'll go and switch it over to my wife's name.

It may be possible to do this without even going to Best Buy. If you know the store number for your local Best Buy (look it up here, http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=page&id=cat12090), you can try going to https://bestbuy.fastactivate.com/bestbuy/search.seam. It's the same website that they'll use in store to set you up for the service.

So has anyone sign up for this? How long does it takes to receive the gift card and xbox?

I've noticed that if you disconnect the time warner digital tuner and simply use your TV's built in digital tuner, you get most of the channels. When I had the lowest package they offered, I got CNN, Comedy Central, History...etc. Even now that I have internet only, I still get the local channels. There is no hacking or stealing involved. Just use your TV's built in tuner.

Isit possible to keep your old RR email address? If I cancelled my service, then had wife sign up, do you lose older email address or is there a way to transfer email to new account? Anyone run into this issue.

georgeckc said:   So has anyone sign up for this? How long does it takes to receive the gift card and xbox?
From the small print on the offer site:

Xbox - Within 15 days of installation of your new service, Best Buy will process the fulfillment of your Xbox 360 4GB console, ship it free of charge to the address where you activated your Time Warner Cable services, and send you an e-mail confirming that it's on its way.

GC - Gift card will be mailed by Time Warner Cable approximately 4–6 weeks after the 90-day period. Must retain services for at least 90 days and remain in good standing.

quickmonkey said:   georgeckc said:   So has anyone sign up for this? How long does it takes to receive the gift card and xbox?
From the small print on the offer site:

Xbox - Within 15 days of installation of your new service, Best Buy will process the fulfillment of your Xbox 360 4GB console, ship it free of charge to the address where you activated your Time Warner Cable services, and send you an e-mail confirming that it's on its way.

GC - Gift card will be mailed by Time Warner Cable approximately 4–6 weeks after the 90-day period. Must retain services for at least 90 days and remain in good standing.

I know what it said on the fine prints. I want to know has anyone actual receive it and how long does it takes.

Just gotta says this out loud again.......It never ceases to amaze me what they give away to new customers while sticking a middle finger up the nose of existing customers. I've been a paying customer since the Rigas family still owned (and stole from) my neck of the woods. I recently had to beg just to get a friggin $5 break on my triple play and I don't even use the phone anyway since I have ooma.

Congrats to those who can sap any of these media whores for as much money as humanly possible!

Anyone Know what the difference is between the $89.99 and $99.00 packages? Tried to get an answer in store. Employee thinks it is faster internet.Bothoptions show standard internet on the website below.Actually shows less channels for the $99.00 offer.
bricem said:   It may be possible to do this without even going to Best Buy. If you know the store number for your local Best Buy (look it up here, http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=page&id=cat12090), you can try going to https://bestbuy.fastactivate.com/bestbuy/search.seam. It's the same website that they'll use in store to set you up for the service.

Anyone know how much fees and taxes are being tacked on after the $89.95 price. This could be a dealer killer for me. What's the commitment term on this?

Just called and checked

2 years commitment.

So does this apply to upgrades or only to completely new service? I have phone and internet with them but I don't have TV. Can you actually cancel it after 90 days and still keep the bonuses? Has anyone tried on similar offers from them? I don't really need TV.

Signed up Nov 4, installed Nov 10. No postcard or redemption card received, no Xbox, countless calls to TWC and BB. My 30 day customer satisfaction window is up on Monday and I will be canceling service for a full refund. Never again TWC.

optical said:   Just called and checked

2 years commitment.

From their ads, no contract or commitment required...

There is a long thread on Slickdeals about all the problems people who signed up for this are experiencing. The promo requires you to jump through hoops to qualify for the Xbox and the gift cards, and you must complete all these steps within 30 days of install, which is impossible because the postcards and emails with the redemption codes are not arriving.

Sounded like a great deal, but after looking at the bundles offered for my area, it appears its one or the other even though the ad clearly says 'AND'.

http://postimage.org/image/78ehem4xh/

I'm paying $120/month which includes 200 channels, Whole home dvr service (1 HD DVR, 1 HD Player), HD service, and internet speeds of 25D/1U. I could drop the whole home dvr and go with a single DVR and be at the $99 price point, but to compare their bundle @$99 is only 7D/.5U

jsehlms said:   Sounded like a great deal, but after looking at the bundles offered for my area, it appears its one or the other even though the ad clearly says 'AND'.

http://postimage.org/image/78ehem4xh/

I'm paying $120/month which includes 200 channels, Whole home dvr service (1 HD DVR, 1 HD Player), HD service, and internet speeds of 25D/1U. I could drop the whole home dvr and go with a single DVR and be at the $99 price point, but to compare their bundle @$99 is only 7D/.5U

Mine shows up the same, but when I click on "More Details" -> "Promotions" it shows the XBox and $150 GC.

Skipping 15 Messages...
I was shown as being qualified for the $150 BB gc via their status page on their registration web site for like 100 days (printed it out for proof). When I checked it last week it said I wasn't. I called & they said they had an issue where many folks were being shown/emailed they aren't. They said it is under the process of being fixed & shouldn't be an issue. For some reason I just don't get that warm fuzzy trusting feeling from them. In any case they made a note on my record saying that I am qualified & it will be rectified. We'll see. I received my xbox a while ago, no problem.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014