• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra 2140 Desktop PC AMD FX-Series FX-6100(3.3GHz) 8GB DDR3 500GB HDD Capacity Nvidia Geforce GT 610 1GB Windows 8
$399 Free Ship
Linky

Not sure if it would be good for gaming but seemed like a cheap way to upgrade my current desktop I use for work.

Update: the CashBack is 1.5%: A total of $6.00 Cash Back has been reported to us today!

Newegg
See Newegg coupons that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra 2140 Desktop
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Great find. Thanks OP

TheNewbGuy (Nov. 09, 2012 @ 11:20a) |

Dead?

shetyamout (Nov. 09, 2012 @ 11:48a) |

hey, i was thinking about buying this pc, is it possible to upgrade the gpu to a nvidia gforce gtx 670?

kevman7508 (Nov. 13, 2012 @ 4:33p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Wow, I could barely build that system below that price... let alone include a copy of Windows with it. Good find!

GT610 for gamers? Kidding right?

Windows 8 ... the new Vista long live the desktop

Not exactly a "gaming" rig but good enough for most games on the lowest settings...

It only mentions USB 2.0 in the details. Odd that a new machine would not have USB 3.0 capability.

MrTwo94 said:   It only mentions USB 2.0 in the details. Odd that a new machine would not have USB 3.0 capability."New" as in "not previously opened/used". The low price is because desktops are not selling well, standard feature specs have changed, and they have a boat load of yesterday's gear to get rid of before demand/prices drop further.

500w power supply, it is better than anything you could get from the big oem's for the same price.

video card obviously needs replacing if you want to game, but otherwise seems like a solid deal.

I got http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229253R for $500 a year ago. This PC sells in Mid 200 as an Open box (but they send you a brand new PC btw)

The sad truth is that I bought this to replace a PC running Vista

unnamedny said:   I got http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229253R for $500 a year ago. This PC sells in Mid 200 as an Open box (but they send you a brand new PC btw)

Can you tell us who sells this PC for $250 open box?

It has decent enough bones. Swap the GT610 for a GTX 660 or something and it'll be alright.

I need more hardware info on it...there has to be USB 3.0, I'll definitely jump on it. I need to find the motherboard specs.

Really debating whether I should jump the gun and buy this or wait for the holiday seasons.

My poor desktop was damaged beyond repair during Sandy

If you zoom in on one of the pic's, it's a MSI 760GM-P34 (FX), an OK MB but dated

Ah, thanks for the heads up. Here's the mobo details http://www.msi.com/product/mb/760GM-P34--FX-.html#/?div=Detail

I'll stick to my original plan and build a 5600K or 5800K system.

This is actually a pretty good deal for a starter/kids computer.

What's the verdict on CyberpowerPC as a reseller? The reviews look ok star-wise - but when you actually read them, you get a different outlook.

Anyone actually have a good experience with these guys?

I just set it up. One thing that surprised me is that is has an onboard video adapter (in addition to the GT 610).

Basic benchmarks for the curious:

Cinebench 11.529:
CPU: 4.04
Open GL: 13.71

Windows Experience: 4.3

Component Details Subscore Base score
Processor AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor 7.4

Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB 7.5
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 4.3
Gaming graphics 4096 MB Total available graphics memory 6.1
Primary hard disk 441GB Free (465GB Total) 5.9
Windows 8

System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer MSI
Model MS-7641
Total amount of system memory 8.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 3

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 465 GB
Disk partition C: 441 GB Free (465 GB Total)
Media drive D: CD/DVD

Graphics

Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
Total available graphics memory 4096 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 1024 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 3072 MB
Display adapter driver version 9.18.13.697
Primary monitor resolution 1920x1200
DirectX version DirectX 11 or better

Network

Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Notes

The gaming graphics score is based on the primary graphics adapter. If this system has linked or multiple graphics adapters, some software applications may see additional performance benefits.

Great find. Thanks OP

Dead?

hey, i was thinking about buying this pc, is it possible to upgrade the gpu to a nvidia gforce gtx 670?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014