• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Samsung 830 - Series MZ-7PC128N/AM
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This is a good deal, but unless one has an attachment to Norton Ghost, or you really need the USB adapter (cheaper ones can be had), it's probably better to wait for another ~$70 deal and just use Clonezilla.

I don't believe the original $69 deal had the Laptop kit with it. I'm guessing I need that with my laptop.

It depends on the laptop - if you have an ultrabook, or something like the Lenovo X220, then this should fit fine without the "laptop kit." Basically, this drive is 7mm tall - the laptop kit is a spacer to make it 9.5mm. You can find USB connectors for cloning your drive pretty cheap, and there are plenty of free programs out there that you can use to clone your drive.

kingaroonie said:   I don't believe the original $69 deal had the Laptop kit with it. I'm guessing I need that with my laptop.

I thought the laptop kit just meant the USB adapter (which, again, you can get for about $3 off eBay). I imagine a spacer (if you need it) can also be had for very little money.

timmyc said:   It depends on the laptop - if you have an ultrabook, or something like the Lenovo X220, then this should fit fine without the "laptop kit." Basically, this drive is 7mm tall - the laptop kit is a spacer to make it 9.5mm. You can find USB connectors for cloning your drive pretty cheap, and there are plenty of free programs out there that you can use to clone your drive.

Just took the cover off of my Dell 1737. It has a 7mm drive bay, so I won't need the Kit. I can just steal a few screws from,I don't know, the laptop cover maybe.
The Dell 1737 has been good to me. It doesn't seem like the screen is as sharp. I don't think screens 'wear out' though, so must be my imagination.

I have a feeling you wont be seeing anymore $69.99 deals on this drive.
Glad i got 3 of them allready at $70 each

I have a feeling you wont be seeing anymore $69.99 deals on this drive.
Glad i got 3 of them allready at $70 each

FYI Samsung will send you a free 9.5m > 7.5mm adapter plate if you need one. Just be sure to register your 830 series drive before calling tech support. Also the Norton Ghost is a free download on their support site. If you need a key once again Samsung tech support will provide one at no cost to registered owners. However, keep in mind, unlike the ISO they had on their site a few months ago this version of Ghost 15 Samsung is now providing on their site will only work through their Samsung SSD Magician software.

Not a deal when we've been seeing them for $69.99...

cnIsfg said:   FYI Samsung will send you a free 9.5m > 7.5mm adapter plate if you need one. Just be sure to register your 830 series drive before calling tech support. Also the Norton Ghost is a free download on their support site. If you need a key once again Samsung tech support will provide one at no cost to registered owners. However, keep in mind, unlike the ISO they had on their site a few months ago this version of Ghost 15 Samsung is now providing on their site will only work through their Samsung SSD Magician software.

Thanks for the help. And although franlofter is probably right,

THe laptop SSD has not been lower than $89.99, yes the regular one has been $69.99

Educate me on the difference other than the bracket...

archena said:   THe laptop SSD has not been lower than $89.99, yes the regular one has been $69.99



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014