• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Microsoft Store
See Microsoft Store promo codes that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

V3-571-6800 (6.75kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
FREE SHIPPING!

tartersaus22 said:   Microsoft Store has 5% Cash Back ($20 for this laptop) if you're using a Discover card. Just access Microsoft Store through https://www.discover.com/

Boom.


4% FW CB
3.5% Ebates
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Acer

Anyone like this deal ??

polishdreamer said:   Anyone like this deal ??

Good deal(it is an i5), but 1366 x 768 resolution is what's on my current lappy, and it's lacking.

Microsoft Store has 5% Cash Back ($20 for this laptop) if you're using a Discover card. Just access Microsoft Store through https://www.discover.com/

Boom.

locomo said:   polishdreamer said:   Anyone like this deal ??

Good deal(it is an i5), but 1366 x 768 resolution is what's on my current lappy, and it's lacking.


what is it lacking? I'm in the market for a new laptop. It seems all of them are 1366x768

It's a second gen i5, there's a reason it's priced at $399. Also, ACER is the worst quality machine on the market. It might suit your needs, but I'd find an A8 laptop from a more reputable builder for the same price if it were my money. Also, (personally) I would take a 3rd gen i3 over a 2nd gen i5. They're both dual core, but you'll be much happier with the HD4000 integrated graphics than you will with the HD3000 or older.

ProppaT said:   It's a second gen i5, there's a reason it's priced at $399. Also, ACER is the worst quality machine on the market. It might suit your needs, but I'd find an A8 laptop from a more reputable builder for the same price if it were my money. Also, (personally) I would take a 3rd gen i3 over a 2nd gen i5. They're both dual core, but you'll be much happier with the HD4000 integrated graphics than you will with the HD3000 or older.

Sure, there is a reason it's priced at $399. I will say this though, Acer does pack a lot of value into their machines even if they aren't the highest quality. Still, I have had an 11.6" Acer for the last three years, use it all the time, and never once had a problem with it. Compare that with some other "higher quality" makes, such as Toshiba and Dell that I have owned, and I would not hesitate to buy another.

I just bought a laptop with 1366 x 768 and I wish I didn't. Partly because, I've been using 1650 x 1050 (from 2007!) in the past on my old laptop and the lower resolution really looks bad for me. The graphics/font are big that I'm limited in space and images are not as sharp compared to higher resolution. Really, no one should use this resolution. This is so low in today's standards but virtually 80% of the laptops have this resolution.

pimpkinchamper said:   locomo said:   polishdreamer said:   Anyone like this deal ??

Good deal(it is an i5), but 1366 x 768 resolution is what's on my current lappy, and it's lacking.


what is it lacking? I'm in the market for a new laptop. It seems all of them are 1366x768



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014