• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1" 16GB
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
We just wanted to inform you that due to an unexpected delay on receiving the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1" 16GB from our sup... (more)

stomie (Nov. 19, 2012 @ 5:29p) |

I got the same email on the 19th. My tablet arrived today. It was in great condition and works just fine. I'm very ha... (more)

aadam101 (Nov. 21, 2012 @ 9:52p) |

Did they finally arrest the thieves at DS and close their doors?

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Daily_Steals

ChiefBrody (Nov. 30, 2012 @ 2:27p) |

Condition: Factory Recertified
Packaging: Box
Warranty: 90 Day
Brand: Samsung
Model: GT-P7510
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

good catch - good price - gr8 tablet

Buyer beware, "factory recertified" from DailySteals means that the previous owner may or may not have hit the sides and back with a hammer or scratched them with sandpaper.

magnafides said:   Buyer beware, "factory recertified" from DailySteals means that the previous owner may or may not have hit the sides and back with a hammer or scratched them with sandpaper.

Agree! And if your tab shows up DOA don't expect to get a hold of anyone at Daily Stools to make things right. Not gonna happen.

never ordered from them before...thinking about the Canon PowerShot A3400 IS they also have today...it's supposedly "new"...you guys think that is a safe bet? thanks

Is there a square trade warranty that we could possibly buy with this??

eko said:   
Agree! And if your tab shows up DOA don't expect to get a hold of anyone at Daily Stools to make things right. Not gonna happen.

To their credit, they did allow me to return the Xoom I bought from them that was beat up to all hell. I did have to eat the shipping cost, of course...

They have two categories:

"Factory Recertified" = "Used"
"New, but in Brown Box" = "Factory Recertified"

That said; you could get lucky, and many have, and do end up with a tablet in pretty good condition at a good price!

magnafides said:   Buyer beware, "factory recertified" from DailySteals means that the previous owner may or may not have hit the sides and back with a hammer or scratched them with sandpaper.Whats our best option on a good credit card to purchase this on to get a better warranty?

It is covered by a 90-day warranty. I think it is a good deal for the price.

garywhitaker said:   It is covered by a 90-day warranty. I think it is a good deal for the price.Yes, but who honors said warranty? Reseller ratings have average (to below average) ratings for people actually being able to get ahold of someone at DS.

What if it says "new in retail box" ? (for the Canon PowerShot A3400 IS) That just a lie? or you think it is legit?

kameronm said:   What if it says "new in retail box" ? (for the Canon PowerShot A3400 IS) That just a lie? or you think it is legit? Then it's new... I have bought from them more than a few times and never had any issues, but I've also heard of bad experiences too... I guess you just take a chance to get it at a good price! Once, I was even able to even cancel an item, after a few hours, by just sending them an e-mail...Again no issues on my end. You don't want to take a chance, then wait for another deal from a more 'reputable' joint....but then again it will sell out so fast that you may miss it, and that's the price you'll pay! One way or another...

thx

Whats our best option on a good credit card to purchase this on to get a better warranty?

None, most CC do not cover used/refurbished. Even though it covers it, it just doubles the warranty from 90 days to 180 days.

yaijic said:   Is there a square trade warranty that we could possibly buy with this??

You can but Warranties for refurbs are quite high so you may be better off buying new and getting a new product warranty.

While a deal I think for this "outdated" tab it will be pretty average and in fact you could start seeing new tabs like this (older dual core that started as Honeycomb tablets) being sold off in the next few weeks at the sub $200.00 price point since many companies have had a newer quad core and are starting to release the newest high speed dual core units.

If it does not die in the first 90 days, the chance for it to die in the next year is pretty small.

magnafides said:   Buyer beware, "factory recertified" from DailySteals means that the previous owner may or may not have hit the sides and back with a hammer or scratched them with sandpaper.

I ordered a 'factory refurbished' frame from DS and it came with chunks missing from the wood. No stand and something shaking around inside. When I emailed DS, they blew me off. Then I ordered a wireless extender about 6 months later. After a month of it not arriving, I filed a PayPal dispute and won.

This Brooklyn, NY site is horrible. Last time I checked, they were a low 7 out of 10 on resller ratings. They don't stock inventory. They rely on the word of the seller and 'hope' it works out.

I will NEVER order from these lying thieves again.

Ouch. Almost in the 6's on Reseller Ratings

Shezam said:   They have two categories:

"Factory Recertified" = "Used"
"New, but in Brown Box" = "Factory Recertified"

What does that even mean? X=X and Y=Y but X also =Y and Y also = X.

I ordered the xoom from them recently and had multiple issues that they resolved (slowly). I thought the charger didn't work since it had a broken end and they sent me a replacement. Then, I realized that it was the xoom that also didn't work. I paid for returned shipping and eventually got the replacement through the mail. My wife has had zero issues (other than it was her bday gift)with the replacement and we are very happy with it. The time from purchase to replacement was a little over two months. CSR was very helpful and I would buy again.

The first xoom was cosmetically perfect and the replacement had two small nicks about 2mm that I could live with.

All sold out

ChocoBean said:   All sold out

cool.. decision is easy now.. :p

have anyone received the tablet?
ordered about one week ago, have not received yet.

shiqiansa said:   have anyone received the tablet?
ordered about one week ago, have not received yet.

You'll be lucky if you get it at all and if you do get it, there's a 50/50 chance it will be beat up or non-functional.

Here's a few reviews of DS

We just wanted to inform you that due to an unexpected delay on receiving the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1" 16GB from our suppliers, we are unfortunately unable to honor our recommended 6 business day time frame for an order to process and ship.

I apologize for any trouble this delay may cause you, as we understand the anticipation that comes with waiting for an online order, and that the estimated shipping date you were given has not been upheld. Currently we are doing all we can to insure that this delay is as short as possible, and we can get you your order as promised in a timely fashion.

In the meantime, if you have any more questions about this delay, or need anything at all, please feel free to contact us and we will help you as best as we are able.

We thank you again for shopping with Daily Steals.

Sincerely,
The DailySteals Team

stomie said:   We just wanted to inform you that due to an unexpected delay on receiving the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1" 16GB from our suppliers, we are unfortunately unable to honor our recommended 6 business day time frame for an order to process and ship.

I apologize for any trouble this delay may cause you, as we understand the anticipation that comes with waiting for an online order, and that the estimated shipping date you were given has not been upheld. Currently we are doing all we can to insure that this delay is as short as possible, and we can get you your order as promised in a timely fashion.

In the meantime, if you have any more questions about this delay, or need anything at all, please feel free to contact us and we will help you as best as we are able.

We thank you again for shopping with Daily Steals.

Sincerely,
The DailySteals Team

I got the same email on the 19th. My tablet arrived today. It was in great condition and works just fine. I'm very happy and won't hesitate to buy from D/S again.

Did they finally arrest the thieves at DS and close their doors?

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Daily_Steals

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014