• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833617001

Regularly $40. I have the Obi110 and have used it now for a year with Google voice. It took me 5 minutes to get it working by following this video...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWAPZJFpXMo

Newegg
See Newegg coupons that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Obihai OBI100 VoIP
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I hope you get it to work, I still have a 110 sitting behind me on the shelf, for about 2 years now.

yesidonoitall (Nov. 12, 2012 @ 9:38p) |

Are you saying you never got it to work? Where did you run into problems?

therugsucker (Nov. 13, 2012 @ 11:15p) |

It seemed to complicated, I got as far as reading the instructions though a couple of people here tried to help with lin... (more)

yesidonoitall (Nov. 14, 2012 @ 12:21a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks for the heads up, OP!

Anyone know what Google Voice cost will be in 2013? GV is free through this year.

DrElectron said:   Anyone know what Google Voice cost will be in 2013? GV is free through this year.
GV has been free through the end of the year for many years and they seem to wait until mid Dec each year to announce that the next year will be free as well. I have not heard anything yet this year but suspect and hope we will see another few years of it being free. I also suspect that if they do start to charge, the rates will be less than Vonage, MJ, Skype and other services. Also the great thing about this box is that even if you don't want to use it with GV you can use it with other SIP services.

I use the 202 for work and personal lines with spectacular results. Call quality is crystal clear and much better than my previous setup (GV & CallCentric & AC-211). Click to call is instant. Setup was a breeze.

Highly recommend the Obi product line.

-ace

I spend 50% of my time overseas and use the Obihai for my home phone + the softphone option which allows me to call back in the States (over wifi) using my home number. Handy feature...and I agree with the above poster, all calls are crystal clear!

I got this last year, happy with it, ... but, I have a Panasonic Showstopper (ReplayTV, like a TiVo) it calls long distance for channel guide info, and, I can't connect with it, so, if anybody does this, and can give me a tip, I thank you in advance...

MY old pap2na can handle 2 voip lines at the same time, I use my 1st line for a VOIP, and 2nd line for GV with Simon's gateway.
It seems this obi100 can handle one phoneline only, as it has only one phone jack.

Internet (WAN): 1 x 10/100BaseT Ethernet Port (802.3)
Phone (FXS): 1 x RJ-11 FXS Analog Phone Port

Thanks OP. Been using the computer and headset to make calls for awhile. Ready to go back to using my cordless handset.

I am planning to change my landline to either obihai or ooma. Can I keep my home number with Ooma or obiahi.

Please respond.

Thanks in advnace.

Thanks O.P. I will use this as my back up line . Hope the GV will remain free next coming years!

KDS95AB said:   I am planning to change my landline to either obihai or ooma. Can I keep my home number with Ooma or obiahi.

Please respond.

Thanks in advnace.

Any time Obihai. I am currently using this for over a year now and no complains, free phone is good plus this price is the best I have seen for this device.

One nifty feature is the OBI attendant, it allows you to route calls from your home phone to other numbers, in my case I use my OBI (GV number) as a registered international calling number to call anywhere in the world using my cell phone when I am not at home. There are a ton of features like the device can call you back (some users who may have free incoming or family circle plan) and then you can call out to other numbers. Lot of other features for geeks to explore.

mdenmeht said:   KDS95AB said:   I am planning to change my landline to either obihai or ooma. Can I keep my home number with Ooma or obiahi.

Please respond.

Thanks in advnace.

Any time Obihai. I am currently using this for over a year now and no complains, free phone is good plus this price is the best I have seen for this device.

One nifty feature is the OBI attendant, it allows you to route calls from your home phone to other numbers, in my case I use my OBI (GV number) as a registered international calling number to call anywhere in the world using my cell phone when I am not at home. There are a ton of features like the device can call you back (some users who may have free incoming or family circle plan) and then you can call out to other numbers. Lot of other features for geeks to explore.

ohh, for your home number, GV can port that but takes some time.

C'mon Amazon, match already!

KDS95AB said:   I am planning to change my landline to either obihai or ooma. Can I keep my home number with Ooma or obiahi.

Please respond.

Thanks in advnace.
The Obi is not a voip provider. It is an adapter that allows you to use a regular telephone with other voip providers. You choose a provider and if they allow porting (most do) then you can port your current number. Then you set up the Obi to work with that provider.

Currently the Obi is the only ATA device that supports Google Voice.

Redw000d said:   I got this last year, happy with it, ... but, I have a Panasonic Showstopper (ReplayTV, like a TiVo) it calls long distance for channel guide info, and, I can't connect with it, so, if anybody does this, and can give me a tip, I thank you in advance...I had no luck using the Obi with google voice to connect my Replay. The Nettalk Duo works great with replay once you get the modem settings right.

If you get the Obi110 with the land line port you can input the Nettalk device to it and get a remedy for your Replay TV and also get E911. Google voice is free but no 911 service.

Please respond.

Thanks in advnace.

3+ years of ooma user here and zero complaints. Best $200 I invested back in 2009, it is already paid off many times over. They can port your existing number (their website would tell you if they can port your number or not) although there is an extra charge for it. For me, one of the best features I like is the support for e911, that gives me a peace of mind that if my kids ever need to call 911, the 911 people would know automatically that the call came from my house. Not sure if obihai offers that or not. Excellent call quality and very reliable service.

fastness said:   MY old pap2na can handle 2 voip lines at the same time, I use my 1st line for a VOIP, and 2nd line for GV with Simon's gateway.
It seems this obi100 can handle one phoneline only, as it has only one phone jack.

Internet (WAN): 1 x 10/100BaseT Ethernet Port (802.3)
Phone (FXS): 1 x RJ-11 FXS Analog Phone Port
If you want that, the Obi202 has the ability for 2 simultaneous lines. It also can have up to 4 voip services. You can't get everything for $30.

ach1199 said:   KDS95AB said:   I am planning to change my landline to either obihai or ooma. Can I keep my home number with Ooma or obiahi.

Please respond.

Thanks in advnace.

3+ years of ooma user here and zero complaints. Best $200 I invested back in 2009, it is already paid off many times over. They can port your existing number (their website would tell you if they can port your number or not) although there is an extra charge for it. For me, one of the best features I like is the support for e911, that gives me a peace of mind that if my kids ever need to call 911, the 911 people would know automatically that the call came from my house. Not sure if obihai offers that or not. Excellent call quality and very reliable service.

I have Ooma too, but I hate the $6 in fees/taxes every month...

Darn, sold out as I was checking out and applying the promo code.

Dead. OOS.

OOS. Is there a delay when using this with GV? I use GV with my cell and landlines; there is at least a second delay.

sold out.

mdenmeht said:   mdenmeht said:   KDS95AB said:   I am planning to change my landline to either obihai or ooma. Can I keep my home number with Ooma or obiahi.

Please respond.

Thanks in advnace.

Acccording to Google Voice website they do not port land lines.

Can a landline be ported at this time?

No, we currently are unable to port landline numbers.

Please respond.

Thanks in advnace.

Yes. To Google Voice it takes about a week and requires porting to a cell phone first, then cell to GV. The process is discussed in detail in other threads.

That is true and is the reason why people first port their home number to t-mo then to GV. The t-mo port is free.

LLLosingit said:   mdenmeht said:   mdenmeht said:   KDS95AB said:   I am planning to change my landline to either obihai or ooma. Can I keep my home number with Ooma or obiahi.

Please respond.

Thanks in advnace.

Acccording to Google Voice website they do not port land lines.

Can a landline be ported at this time?

No, we currently are unable to port landline numbers.

back in stock! Just ordered one.

Good deal. Thanks

It's waste if google voice is not free after Dec 2012..

Again it works for any SIP VoIP service so even if google voice is not free after 2012, you can still utilize it with any VoIp company.

I agree. In addition, it would still be useful if GV charges decent rates.

I currently have callcentric using a cisco device. They charge $1.95 a month plus $0.01 per call both ways. If Google voice prices are that cheap when they start to charge, I am in.

mlhm5 said:   I currently have callcentric using a cisco device. They charge $1.95 a month plus $0.01 per call both ways. If Google voice prices are that cheap when they start to charge, I am in.
I'm seeing that rate for incoming calls only. Can you post the link with the rate you are getting?

how come i couldn't select Shoprunner

It is available again, just bought one for $29.99 after the coupon

Is this better than magicjack ? Why ?
If googlevoice starts charging is this not that good ?
Thanks.

I often buy at Newegg store. The deal is useful to me and the price is okay.

PM if anyone is interested in Obi110. I have an extra one that is not being used.

Thanks! I checked out with Newegg without any problems a minute ago.

Skipping 32 Messages...
therugsucker said:   yesidonoitall said:   therugsucker said:   bighitter said:   Thanks! I checked out with Newegg without any problems a minute ago.
Thanks to you bighitter my wallet just got thinner by about 32 bucks, lol. Yep, there's more in stock. Even though I still got about 6 months left with PhonePower
, I'm getting one just to play around with it just to see if this really works.

I hope you get it to work, I still have a 110 sitting behind me on the shelf, for about 2 years now.

Are you saying you never got it to work? Where did you run into problems?

It seemed to complicated, I got as far as reading the instructions though a couple of people here tried to help with links on it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014