• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I have been getting coupons at the bottom of my receipts for 50% a 40 lb. box of Exquisicat cat litter. Normally, this is 50% off of $13.99, or $6.99. However, this is now on sale for $11.99 and the coupon is taking 50% off the "regular" price for a net of $4.99 per box.

Member Summary

cat litter
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While this is not a great cat litter I can put up with it for this price.

zapy said:   While this is not a great cat litter I can put up with it for this price.

I have been buying this for awhile. In your opinion, what is a better brand and still priced reasonably?

If you have a coupon that says on it "50% off a 40 lb. box of Exquisicat cat litter" then I think you already know about getting a box half off. Not sure what the thread is supposed to do for us with no coupon.

If your cat can use the pellet style litter, Feline Pine (original) is by far the best imo. It's completely natural, absorbs odor efficiently, low dust, and does not track. The no tracking is the key to keep the house and the cats clean. Sure it doesn't clump, so the cat pee will stay in a damp powder state. All you really need is a garden scoop (not a regular cat litter scoop because they have holes) to scoop out the powder, then top off with some fresh pellets every couple of days. Cost wise a 40lb bag can last a long time.

deleted double post

Heim said:   If you have a coupon that says on it "50% off a 40 lb. box of Exquisicat cat litter" then I think you already know about getting a box half off. Not sure what the thread is supposed to do for us with no coupon.

I think the thread is to alert those with a coupon that
dnickerson said:    the coupon is taking 50% off the "regular" price for a net of $4.99 per box.

Rather than taking 50% off the sale price.

startover said:   If your cat can use the pellet style litter, Feline Pine (original) is by far the best imo. It's completely natural, absorbs odor efficiently, low dust, and does not track. The no tracking is the key to keep the house and the cats clean. Sure it doesn't clump, so the cat pee will stay in a damp powder state. All you really need is a garden scoop (not a regular cat litter scoop because they have holes) to scoop out the powder, then top off with some fresh pellets every couple of days. Cost wise a 40lb bag can last a long time.

Thank you. I am going to give this a try.

http://breezeforcats.com/

They have a $7 off coupon and the starter system at PETsMART is about $30 minus the coupon and comes with a bag of pellets and 4 sheets.

My cat is over 20-year old and lately seems to develop a dislike for traditional cat litter.

shred newspaper and throw it out EVERY DAY. Then, unlike litter, which would be way too costly to throw out daily, there will be no smell which there is with EVERY litter; no exceptions. Vets use litter when they board cats. They throw it out with each new cat. And it's delivered for FREE to you every morning! Plus, your cat won't be ingesting cat litter that's stuck on their paws.

peepsiemom said:   shred newspaper and throw it out EVERY DAY. Then, unlike litter, which would be way too costly to throw out daily, there will be no smell which there is with EVERY litter; no exceptions. Vets use litter when they board cats. They throw it out with each new cat. And it's delivered for FREE to you every morning! Plus, your cat won't be ingesting cat litter that's stuck on their paws.

Do YOU really do this, or is this just a suggestion? Wet newspaper smells bad enough. I can't imagine what cat urine soaked newspaper would smell like. But, you may be on to something. I use newspaper (unprinted) to wash my windows and they do a great job without streaking. Could be another killer app.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014