• 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
. Rebate expires December 31. To get this deal:
1.Add the AutoCraft Car Battery to your cart for $110.99
2.apply coupon code "A124" to drop it to $70.99 NOW GOOD TO 11/30

or $35/85 code if you are getting a batt. less than $100: Coupon Code: DOTW46

3.redeem this $25 mail-in rebate (search for "AAP-10020") to cut it to $45.

www.advanceauto.com

coupon code expires 11/7

choose instore pick up

Cash Back too!

Advance Auto Parts
See Advance Auto Parts discounts that earn 5.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

AutoCraft Gold Car Battery
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
This is great! Needed a new battery for my Moms van and they will install for free! much better than $110 at Wal Mart!... (more)

nycdart25 (Dec. 31, 2012 @ 7:54p) |

Think they'll do this again soon?

Slickone (Jan. 01, 2013 @ 7:17p) |

Finally followed up with ShopDiscover about CashBack for my battery purchase since it hadn't yet shown up after 8 weeks.... (more)

azs1 (Feb. 07, 2013 @ 2:06p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

good price for overpriced batteries these days. is this for any size?

NOTES:

1) yes, this is for most size batteries, even ones for trucks/suv's, BUT NOT ALL, most!!

2) IF YOU GET THE BATTERY INSTALLED FOR FREE, you get a refund of your $12 CORE CHARGE!!! this will make the final price as low as $30 COMPLETE with tax!!! if charged tax on the core charge, make sure that is refunded too.

you only get back the core charge if you get it swapped out (installed), not carry out.

NOTE:

if you can't get the battery installed by 11/7, just buy it by 11/7 and arrange with the store to come back another day if either YOU OR THE STORE is busy and can't do it.

when you return and your battery is installed, they will refund the $12 core charge at that time.

SO EVEN IF YOU CAN'T GET IT INSTALLED BY 11/7, you can still do this deal, just purchase it by 11/7.

12.00 core charge is added at purchase and then refunded if old battery is returned. Best you can do is break even, not gain 12.00

I will add Cash Back to the equation since I left that out.

Here 's the math with 7% tax.

$87.96ac inc tax with $12 core charge included

-$12 core

8% Cash Back at one Cash Back site (and you earn it on the core amount too) so $6.63 cb

plus 5% Discover online shopping Cash Back if you pay w/Discover care ($4.15)

then $25 MIR
as low as approx $39 with the two Cash Back opps. but no more than $45 for anyone with CashBack with sales tax at 7% and cb at 8%

Never heard of a core for a battery. Must be something new.
They do give you $5 for your old battery.
more info here

NotAClue said:   They also give you $5 for your old battery.

in addition to the core charge? do you have a link to that policy?

NotAClue said:   Never heard of a core for a battery. Must be something new.
They do give you $5 for your old battery.
more info here

not sure that the offers stack, you may get the $5 OR the core charge refunded-- (that's my guess anyway)

HERE - Page 8 Kind of confusing because there they also state something about a core return. I bought a battery there a couple years ago and there was no core. Maybe it depends on which battery?

EDIT: Just checked my battery that I bought years ago and it shows a $12 core So, if no core charge then you get $5.

MISTERCHEAP said:   NotAClue said:   They also give you $5 for your old battery.

NotAClue said:   HERE - Page 8 Kind of confusing because there they also state something about a core return. I bought a battery there a couple years ago and there was no core. Maybe it depends on which battery?

MISTERCHEAP said:   NotAClue said:   They also give you $5 for your old battery.

yeah "not applicable to core returns", so you can't get both the $5 gc AND the $12 refunded. that's how I read it.

link directly to the rebate, if anyone wants it....

https://advanceautoparts.4myrebate.com/Claim/OfferDetailsNewGrid...

I just recently took advantage of this deal. My battery cost $10 more than Mr.Cheap's example due to car requirement. Overall I think this is an excellent deal!
A new battery with adequate cold cranking amps will serve you well in the upcoming winter.

Thanks OP! I just bought one of these 2 weeks ago. Knew nothing about the rebate until now. There was nothing on their website on any of the product pages referring to this rebate at the time. It appears the rebate started in September, so mine should qualify.

If so, you just saved me $25! Thanks!!!

Good dear.

Nice find here. The deal works well for my father. Thanks OP!

Nice deal, submitted a $25 rebate for a Gold battery I bought 2 weeks ago! Thanks OP!

Coupon code expires 11/7! Have to harry up!

From my experience some stores do take old batteries for $5 but only if the want/need to. You could always go up to their stores and check if they have used batteries for sale as well. I know for a fact they are not allowed to send back("recycle") batteries that test good. So they charge/use/sell those.

?
Has anyone ever gotten a full rebate refund when using these 30% to 40% off codes? I'm very curious as to if they don't weasel their way out of giving anything at all.

if you also add coupon code 'NVB5' it shows you will get a $25 gc toward a future $50 purchase. i didn't check out but it took both coupons:Total Savings: ($40.00)

Applied Promotion: A124
$10 off orders over $30, $25 off orders over $70, $40 off orders over $110.
Online only.

Promotion: NVB5
Take 15% off orders of $50 or more, plus receive a $25 coupon toward a future purchase of $50+.
To receive coupon on qualifying orders, customers must be logged in. Coupons will be emailed on November 20th, 2012.
Online only.

Total:$82.99(excludes applicable taxes and environmental fees)
just my luck, i needed a battery 3 weeks ago.

pumasniper00 said:   From my experience some stores do take old batteries for $5 but only if the want/need to. You could always go up to their stores and check if they have used batteries for sale as well. I know for a fact they are not allowed to send back("recycle") batteries that test good. So they charge/use/sell those.

?
Has anyone ever gotten a full rebate refund when using these 30% to 40% off codes? I'm very curious as to if they don't weasel their way out of giving anything at all.

you get the full rebate.

Oh great! I appreciate that. I never knew if they honored them. I remember back when the receipts didn't have the discounted prices on them. But it's better that AAP now allows you to check on those rebates through that website.

Thanks MCheap

a) What a timely post - my battery was dead yesterday morning.

b) What bad luck that I have an uncommon battery that retails for $147. Unfortunately, the discount and rebate won't bring it down below the sales price for a similar battery at a local store. I would have loved to have spent only $40 or so since I am not going to be keeping my car for much longer.

Tried stacking coupon codes NVB5 (15% off plus $25 gift card) and DOTW45 (30/40/50% off - from another post here) and while it accepted those codes, it didn't give me anything above the initial $40 off.

core battery fee isn't new. its been around for a very long time at nearly every battery retailer. here in arizona battery prices for the /most common size is up to almost $100 now.

Use shopDiscover for 10% CB plus 5% more for online shopping (if you have Discover Card).

I bought one even though I don't need one at this moment. Can I just put the battery on a shelf for next year or more, anyone knows the answer?

DirtCheap said:   Use shopDiscover for 10% CB plus 5% more for online shopping (if you have Discover Card).

I bought one even though I don't need one at this moment. Can I just put the battery on a shelf for next year or more, anyone knows the answer?

You might have to put a charge on it after a year, but other than that it should be fine.

rcglfr said:   DirtCheap said:   Use shopDiscover for 10% CB plus 5% more for online shopping (if you have Discover Card).

You might have to put a charge on it after a year, but other than that it should be fine.
a lead acid battery is not something you want to just store for a year or more. if the voltage drops below 10.5v or so it will cause permanent damage. you need to keep the battery charged. search "lead acid battery" for more info. here's one link for info

sweet deal!

this is a good deal but it was actually a better deal a few days ago....Monday I was on the verge of buying and noticed that when adding batteries to cart they were already "on sale" about 10 to 12% off the initial price displayed on the webpage, but that discount isn't being shown today...not sure why or exactly how long they were "on sale"....but still a good deal!

Just a heads-up that for some reason AAP does NOT offer a Gold battery for every car so you will have to get the Silver series.
There is a $15 rebate for the Silver until 12/31.

jimbocobb said:   this is a good deal but it was actually a better deal a few days ago....Monday I was on the verge of buying and noticed that when adding batteries to cart they were already "on sale" about 10 to 12% off the initial price displayed on the webpage, but that discount isn't being shown today...not sure why or exactly how long they were "on sale"....but still a good deal!

actually, this may still be better,

because the $40 off coupon requires a purchase of $110+, that savings may have bumped you back to the $20 off level coupon unless you wanted to buy more items to get up to $110. So in essence, your OOP would still be similar, although, you could have picked up an extra $10-15 in goods if that sale were on.

MISTERCHEAP said:   jimbocobb said:   this is a good deal but it was actually a better deal a few days ago....Monday I was on the verge of buying and noticed that when adding batteries to cart they were already "on sale" about 10 to 12% off the initial price displayed on the webpage, but that discount isn't being shown today...not sure why or exactly how long they were "on sale"....but still a good deal!

actually, this may still be better,

because the $40 off coupon requires a purchase of $110+, that savings may have bumped you back to the $20 off level coupon unless you wanted to buy more items to get up to $110. So in essence, your OOP would still be similar, although, you could have picked up an extra $10-15 in goods if that sale were on.

Yeah, just depends on which battery you need. In my case the Gold battery I need is $132.99 and the price in the cart a few days ago was something like $115 to $118 (can't remember exactly, but it was still over $110)....I shoulda pulled the trigger then!

DirtCheap said:   Use shopDiscover for 10% CB plus 5% more for online shopping (if you have Discover Card).

Just re-ordered the same item with Discover CB.... that's even more savings. Used A124, which is a legit Discover CB discount code. Thanks! Remember, on top of the 10% CB, there is 5% all online purchases this quarter.

Great Deal but unfortunately only silver battery is available for my car. So, I can not use $40 coupon and also the rebate is $15....

@#$&! I just bought a new battery from Advance Auto in Sep, and spent close to $120. Too bad my battery couldn't have waited until yesterday to die.

My 2 cars' battery are both about 6 years old and both still goes very strong, and clean too. However, with such a nice deal, I easily decided to get new ones for them. I will save the new batteries in my garage to wait for the old ones to die.

Thanks - got a new Group 34 Gold battery for $60, after rebate. We were already in the market (just not urgent yet) for a battery and the combination of coupon and rebate makes the battery cost comparable to the WM price for a longer warranty. My family has had good experiences with the WM ones both in cars and boats, but this was a timely deal.

Save even more if you are Discover card holder..........10% presently

argentum said:   My 2 cars' battery are both about 6 years old and both still goes very strong, and clean too. However, with such a nice deal, I easily decided to get new ones for them. I will save the new batteries in my garage to wait for the old ones to die.
Not a good idea. Battery will degrade unless it is kept charged. Even then, there is a life expectancy so just switch out the old ones and put the new one in.

Skipping 75 Messages...
Finally followed up with ShopDiscover about CashBack for my battery purchase since it hadn't yet shown up after 8 weeks. Had no problem having a CSR supervisor apply the purchase at this point ($8 and change - CashBack was 10% back when I ordered). Just a reminder to others who purchased through Discover to doublecheck their account to make sure that they got their CashBack, or to call Discover if they need to have a CSR apply it manually...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014