• Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
mmyk72 said:   argentum said:   My 2 cars' battery are both about 6 years old and both still goes very strong, and clean too. However, with such a nice deal, I easily decided to get new ones for them. I will save the new batteries in my garage to wait for the old ones to die.
Not a good idea. Battery will degrade unless it is kept charged. Even then, there is a life expectancy so just switch out the old ones and put the new one in.

----
I plan to do the same thing, not installing the new battery until next year (my car is only 4 1/2 yrs old), however, if I do this then I don't get the $12 refund for core battery.
Regarding keeping battery on the shelf, I spoke with a repair shop owner, he said one year is fine, but the best is to measure voltage every few months and put a charge when it drops below 12v.

Good deal.

If your battery is unusually heavy or the core charge is unusually cheap, you might actually make a few bucks scrapping the battery instead of returning it for the core charge.

Passing on this one since my battery is still going strong, but for anyone that does the self-install or is waiting, Costco should pay you for recycling it - and I thought it was more than $12. It has been a couple years, but I bought a battery there, installed it for a friend, then returned the old one a couple days later. They handed me a pre-made envelope of cash (and some coin) and never verified I had bought a battery there. Took about 15 seconds, so might be easier than going back to Advanced for some.

I have some saved junk batteries I can use to get my core back, ask around to see any friend got a junk battery.
In terms of keeping the battery charged, not a problem at all, I have a nice 'charger' made from junk cable modem power supply and this only need to be done once every a month at most.
I bet not too many people understand why leaving an uncharged lead battery on shelf over time kills the battery. If you know why, you know how to deal with it and wont be afraid of 'stock up' spare batteries.

DirtCheap said:   mmyk72 said:   argentum said:   My 2 cars' battery are both about 6 years old and both still goes very strong, and clean too. However, with such a nice deal, I easily decided to get new ones for them. I will save the new batteries in my garage to wait for the old ones to die.
Not a good idea. Battery will degrade unless it is kept charged. Even then, there is a life expectancy so just switch out the old ones and put the new one in.

----
I plan to do the same thing, not installing the new battery until next year (my car is only 4 1/2 yrs old), however, if I do this then I don't get the $12 refund for core battery.
Regarding keeping battery on the shelf, I spoke with a repair shop owner, he said one year is fine, but the best is to measure voltage every few months and put a charge when it drops below 12v.

This is a great deal, I just decided to get two batteries since you can do two rebates

Dotw45 is giving 30% off.On a $107 battery it will discount $32.$130 battery it will discount $39........just a heads up on that.

Deal was still working for me today (11/8). I just picked up a Type 35 for $116 - $40 - Rebate 25 using A124 code. The new Dotw45 code would also work but 30% was less than $40 so I removed it. I did leave the NVB5 code applied - maybe I'll get the 25off50 coupon as well. Plus, CashBack at 4% that covered most of the tax.

I had just mentioned to my spouse two day ago that I needed a new battery - timing could not have been better. Green to OP.

WORKED FOR ME too

Looks like the rebate does not need mail in anything? I filled online and now rebate says complete, and there is no mailing needed.

BUMP,

deal live again.

Thanks OP and Mistercheap. I ordered battery online, 40 off then used FatCash and AMEX Cash Back. They refunded my 5 for core charge and installed it for me at the store. I filled out the rebate. Gets the price down to about the 40-50 dollar mark. Perfect timing..thank you

argentum said:   Looks like the rebate does not need mail in anything? I filled online and now rebate says complete, and there is no mailing needed.

if you go the online route, nothing needs to be mailed in. AAP's rebates have been pretty reliable of late.

btw: I was wrong, Discover reward did not get apply because I had discount code, therefore, you should use "other" CB methods.

DirtCheap said:   btw: I was wrong, Discover reward did not get apply because I had discount code, therefore, you should use "other" CB methods.

how do you know you didn't get it? It's taken me as long as 10-14 days to get notification from Discover for a purchase. and they don't send out "you didn't earn any CashBack" type emails either, so just curious how you can be sure?

I made sure the A124 code was on Discover CB's own coupon code list before using, and it was.

mmyk72 said:   I made sure the A124 code was on Discover CB's own coupon code list before using, and it was.
Just did this deal, my old battery was over 5 years old, why push it!!

Great deal thanks for the heads up OP!
Used discover card online, so 10% should come my way too.

where do you see 7 year warranty, i just see 3

can someone please post the rebate as well, can't find it on their site

Thanks

Thanks for the post. I purchased a Gold battery back in September and didn't know about any rebate. Processed the rebate today. Rebates are good for batteries purchased back to 9/10/12 I believe. THANKS AGAIN!! Green all the way

Ricoscoro: Click on the link of any of the rebates listed and it will take you to the rebate website then search for the aap-10020.

bj381964 said:   Ricoscoro: Click on the link of any of the rebates listed and it will take you to the rebate website then search for the aap-10020.

Thanks, i also saw the note about a 7 year warranty but 3 year free replacement, i guess the other 4 is pro rated like others

I have spent the last few days looking for a better deal and couldn't find one, so I pulled the trigger. Unfortunately the battery I needed was a little more than the OP's examples. I do worry a bit about them following through with the rebate as hidden as it is...It sure seems like it would be listed on the main rebate/offer page.

The battery I replaced was a autozone Duracraft and it has lasted 2 months short of 10 years. That's pretty darn good for the extreme hot/cold Michigan weather.

I didn't have them install, but had no problem getting the $12.00 core refunded at the same time as I picked up the battery. I just removed the old battery in the parking lot and carried it in.

Thanks mistercheap!

mmyk72 said:   argentum said:   My 2 cars' battery are both about 6 years old and both still goes very strong, and clean too. However, with such a nice deal, I easily decided to get new ones for them. I will save the new batteries in my garage to wait for the old ones to die.

Plus you lose the $11 fee that is returned when you turn your old battery in.

foxhopper said:   I have spent the last few days looking for a better deal and couldn't find one, so I pulled the trigger. Unfortunately the battery I needed was a little more than the OP's examples. I do worry a bit about them following through with the rebate as hidden as it is...It sure seems like it would be listed on the main rebate/offer page.

The battery I replaced was a autozone Duracraft and it has lasted 2 months short of 10 years. That's pretty darn good for the extreme hot/cold Michigan weather.

I didn't have them install, but had no problem getting the $12.00 core refunded at the same time as I picked up the battery. I just removed the old battery in the parking lot and carried it in.

Thanks mistercheap!

no worries on the rebates, Advance Auto has been very good about paying them out and you can track your status online. and yes, OP example is for one given size (but that fits some SUV's and larger vehicles). some are more, some are less. but that would be the case at any auto store based on exact model you need.

Thanks, was thinking my battery was failing and came to check the coupons. This deal saved me a lot of money!

nvm working now.

Price dropped to 91.99 now. Don't forget to add another $18.01 in order to use code A124.

Kid9 said:   Price dropped to 91.99 now. Don't forget to add another $18.01 in order to use code A124.

for all sizes? not all sizes are the same price.

MISTERCHEAP said:   Kid9 said:   Price dropped to 91.99 now. Don't forget to add another $18.01 in order to use code A124.

for all sizes? not all sizes are the same price.

The one you had listed in your initial post, AutoCraft Gold Battery, Group Size 24, 700 CCA, Part No. 24F-6. It shows up as in the search list as $110.99 but when you click on that, the product page shows $91.99.

Same thing happened when searching for tractor battery. Higher price appeared in search list, clicked on a product and a lower price was shown.

P.S. Oh, how I absolutely love your deals, Mistercheap! Equally enjoy how thorough you are in your postings of them.

garystad said:   link directly to the rebate, if anyone wants it....

https://advanceautoparts.4myrebate.com/Claim/OfferDetailsNewGrid...

How do you get to this link via advanced auto's site? When I click on the rebate link (bottom of page), it shows only name-brand items.

Like to purchase some wiper blades for DH's truck and would like to see if any rebates are available for advanced auto's brands.

Is there any way to know an item qualifies for a rebate via their product page? Didn't see anything on the page but thought perhaps I wasn't looking at the correct spot.

CONFIRMING THIS DEAL STILL WORKS AS OF TODAY 12/4/2012

Gold Battery $110.99
less $40 online discount
less 4% CashBack
less $25 rebate
*and* there is currently a $25 coupon good for purchase over $50 to be sent via email

$43.15 net net net is what I calculate (no sales tax here in Delaware)

Rebate came today that was quick. Thanks op!!

Worked great for me this morning. Thanks, op!

Thank you, in for 1 this afternoon. I missed this earlier.

Great! I really need a new battery (current one is 7 years old). 10% Shopdiscover CashBack, too!

lousygolfer said:    What bad luck that I have an uncommon battery that retails for $147.

Enjoy your Mercedes (!)

I have a car that I don't drive often, and I've had 2-3 batteries go bad in it, even though I tried to keep it charged up (I didn't always do a great job). The current one (also bad) that I still need to replace is an expensive Optima red top that for some reason I thought would handle it better. I use a Battery Tender now on my other vehicle (also not driven much) and it's been doing a pretty good job. I plug it in every couple weeks or so.

I also have a spare dead battery (since I bought a battery off craigslist) that I need to find something to do with, so if anyone knows anymore about getting cash for them, please let us know.

Appelski said:   CONFIRMING THIS DEAL STILL WORKS AS OF TODAY 12/4/2012

Gold Battery $110.99
less $40 online discount
less 4% CashBack
less $25 rebate
*and* there is currently a $25 coupon good for purchase over $50 to be sent via email

Where is the $25 coupon?

Slickone said:   Appelski said:   CONFIRMING THIS DEAL STILL WORKS AS OF TODAY 12/4/2012

Gold Battery $110.99
less $40 online discount
less 4% CashBack
less $25 rebate

Where is the $25 coupon?

it is emailed to you after you order...for your NEXT order.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.