• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
Slickone said:   I have a car that I don't drive often, and I've had 2-3 batteries go bad in it, even though I tried to keep it charged up (I didn't always do a great job). The current one (also bad) that I still need to replace is an expensive Optima red top that for some reason I thought would handle it better. I use a Battery Tender now on my other vehicle (also not driven much) and it's been doing a pretty good job. I plug it in every couple weeks or so.

I also have a spare dead battery (since I bought a battery off craigslist) that I need to find something to do with, so if anyone knows anymore about getting cash for them, please let us know.

You can turn in the battery at Advance Auto and probably O'Reilly for a $5 gift card

My Volvo thanks you! Already installed with the rebate sent.

MISTERCHEAP said:   Slickone said:   Where is the $25 coupon?

it is emailed to you after you order...for your NEXT order.

No signs of a coupon after my order yesterday. Is there something I should be looking for that I might have missed?

does not available in SD but another place. Green for it.

Perfect timing OP. My truck battery has been having a hard time staying charged lately and with winter coming on this is a perfect deal. In for one $88.00- $25 rebate= $63.00! And if I get lucky they will take the core or credit me the $12 install fee. Even if not $63.00 is a good deal! Merry Christmas!

I received my $15 rebate yesterday.

Thanks for posting OP! Just noticed this last night. Ordered today and got my new battery installed this afternoon.

Mine was still good but for under $50 net for a new one I was willing to re-set my battery clock and not have to worry with it down the road somewhere.

My dad had a 6 year old battery that was probably on its last leg so I just turned in that old battery since my current one was newer.

Just go to your local interstate battery store and get a blem. They last about 4 years like any other high priced battery does. The $25 coupon is a sucker coupon because its good on your next order.

Slickone said:   I also have a spare dead battery (since I bought a battery off craigslist) that I need to find something to do with, so if anyone knows anymore about getting cash for them, please let us know.

My local scrap yard is paying $10 for car batteries. Usually the places that handle mostly non-ferrous metals will give you the best rate.

I just got an email saying my rebate has been processed and approved. Reward card should be received within 10-14 days.

Just got my $25.00 gift card today!

Used this yesterday to replace the battery in my truck. Many thanks for keeping this alive!

My battery died just in time for this deal. Picked it up for $53 after rebate, including tax and the State of Florida battery fee. A heck of a deal for a good high CCA battery with a good warranty to back it up.

Got my $25 Rebate last week thanks!!

Thanks for posting OP. Christmas gift for my daughter.

I got my rebate card on 12/24....About 33 day turnaround from submission. Not bad at all!

still alive, my 7 y.o. battery is struggling on these cold mornings, figured I better jump on this.

Also got the rebate in about 1 month (purchase was early Nov). Ordered thru ShopDiscover and the CB didn't come thru. Called Discover CS last night and got the CB easily. It was 10% back then.

Thanks OP

My truck battery was ginving me issues and saw this thread and bought a new one for $50 after rebate and $50 coupon.

Got one as a backup for my 2008 corolla. 5 yrs coming up on that original battery. So, am going to bite the bullet and replace it.

Darn, pick-up only option for me. Wish there was an AAP near me.

looks like you can do 2 rebates per person, does anyone disagree with this?

mmyk72 said:   Also got the rebate in about 1 month (purchase was early Nov). Ordered thru ShopDiscover and the CB didn't come thru. Called Discover CS last night and got the CB easily. It was 10% back then.

Thanks for the ShopDiscover info. I noticed recently that I didn't receive my expected CashBack email, but haven't yet followed up with Discover (they say to wait 8 weeks). Glad to hear that it shouldn't be a problem to get it added to my account!

Nothing for a 2009 Saturn Aura!

The DOTW46 coupon does not seem to work?? Can someone check this or confirm?

royb said:   The DOTW46 coupon does not seem to work?? Can someone check this or confirm?

And if this has expired, please update the listing and/or replace the code with a new one. Thanks so much for your help!

phogstenjr said:   Nothing for a 2009 Saturn Aura!
Doesn't a group size 90 battery fit?
If so, AAP has that available.

royb said:   royb said:   The DOTW46 coupon does not seem to work?? Can someone check this or confirm?

And if this has expired, please update the listing and/or replace the code with a new one. Thanks so much for your help!

Might be one time use...AAP is getting smart on useing coupons more than once

Did you have to mail anything in after doing the rebate info online? I submitted the rebate info and it said submitted, doesn't say anything about what and where to mail anything in but I do see that it must be post marked by 01/31/13.

Also if I bought the battery first, submitted rebate online and then returned old battery next day for the core charge refund, do you think this will affect the rebate submission at all? Hopefully they will realize it was a core refund and not a return of the battery.

In for for 1 . Great deal.

Raistlin said:   Did you have to mail anything in after doing the rebate info online? I submitted the rebate info and it said submitted, doesn't say anything about what and where to mail anything in but I do see that it must be post marked by 01/31/13.

Also if I bought the battery first, submitted rebate online and then returned old battery next day for the core charge refund, do you think this will affect the rebate submission at all? Hopefully they will realize it was a core refund and not a return of the battery.

if you submit online, nothing needs to be mailed in. you should receive an email confirm that your rebate is submitted and you'll get another once it's approved.

the core charge refund will not mess up the rebate.

Thank you OP! Needed a battery for my truck, this was perfect. I used DOTW52 and added a few fillers to reach $50 off $125.

Side note: my truck takes a group 27F battery. Advance sells an Autocraft Gold group 27F, but the online description says group 27 (opposite polarity terminals) and the picture shows a silver. However, the battery is indeed a Gold 27F, and it's now happily installed in my truck.

This is great! Needed a new battery for my Moms van and they will install for free! much better than $110 at Wal Mart!

Think they'll do this again soon?

Finally followed up with ShopDiscover about CashBack for my battery purchase since it hadn't yet shown up after 8 weeks. Had no problem having a CSR supervisor apply the purchase at this point ($8 and change - CashBack was 10% back when I ordered). Just a reminder to others who purchased through Discover to doublecheck their account to make sure that they got their CashBack, or to call Discover if they need to have a CSR apply it manually...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014