WalMart BF Starts Thanksgiving Day 8PM

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2 34
  • Text Only
Do the prices vary by region?

askdavid said:   Do the prices vary by region?

I doubt it for BF but you can go to the website and view your local ad.
Instore prices do very quite a bit from my 1 mile away store to the 30 mile away one...

be advised, (as expected) the laptop is junk....we're talking pentium 4 level speeds

http://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Charcoal-Gray-15.6-2000-bf69WM-Lapt...

ach1199 said:   At this time of the year, my favorite vids on Y0utube are the BF frenzies at Wa1mart and BB stores. For some reasons I get a kick out of looking at the such human behavior.

I just saw this after you posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lOrui6XAvU&feature=related

man..........................

lordoffire said:   be advised, (as expected) the laptop is junk....we're talking pentium 4 level speeds

Not all need a top of line model, and will be prefect for many and
you cannot expect heated leather seats at a bare bones price....
Or even 2 moon roofs..........

lordoffire said:   be advised, (as expected) the laptop is junk....we're talking pentium 4 level speeds

How do you know that is the one in the ad?

Even if a Celeron I doubt anyone would dunn them these days...

ME:::::::::::::::

Joined On
Monday, February 7th 2005 10:29 PM
Last Login Date
Thursday, November 8th 2012 11:26 AM
Member Posts
Average Posts Per Day
=========================
My Cash Back
Lifetime $5,176.18

Is that a record?

============

PP bonus form the Mastercard use.

PayPal Debit MasterCard® BusinessCard summary

Lifetime Cash Back: $21,634.17 USD

Cash Back Earn 1.5% Cash Back whenever you sign for a purchase.
With this PayPal Debit MasterCard, you can select the credit option instead of the debit option when making purchases.:1.5%
This month: $24.78 USD*

yesidonoitall said:   ME:::::::::::::::

Joined On
Last Login Date
Member Posts
Average Posts Per Day
My Cash Back
Lifetime $5,176.18

Is that a record?

Even NYSE can't give that much return .......... Thanks FW

FINDMEDEALS2003 said:   i sorry but i think any opening on thanksgiving is wrong they can at least leave one day for families to be together ..of course people on here will disagree but i think thanksgiving and christmas you can stay home and be with family

Au contraire, this is a very good opportunity to find out what everyone in the family cares about more: family or shopping.

yesidonoitall said:   lordoffire said:   be advised, (as expected) the laptop is junk....we're talking pentium 4 level speeds

How do you know that is the one in the ad?

I read the ad.

(and there's an edit button on posts for a reason)

foghorn19 said:   FINDMEDEALS2003 said:   i sorry but i think any opening on thanksgiving is wrong they can at least leave one day for families to be together ..of course people on here will disagree but i think thanksgiving and christmas you can stay home and be with family

Au contraire, this is a very good opportunity to find out what everyone in the family cares about more: family or shopping.

It isn't up to the retailer to decide what days a family will spend together, that is purely an individual decision. What you are really saying is that retailers should only have sales on days that you want to attend. Again, purely an individual decision.

nomonies said:   FINDMEDEALS2003 said:   i sorry but i think any opening on thanksgiving is wrong they can at least leave one day for families to be together ..of course people on here will disagree but i think thanksgiving and christmas you can stay home and be with family

I agree 100% and was going to make the same comment.

No one is making anyone go anywhere they don't want to. If people want to go, let them. I know a lot of people that either A) don't care about/celebrate thanksgiving, B) don't have family nearby so they don't have anywhere to go on Thanksgiving, C) are done with dinner and the festivities well before 8pm.

Antonius66 said:   
No one is making anyone go anywhere they don't want to.

I think the point was the 17 year olds who are working, not the shoppers perhaps?

nbha said:   Will the 60" Vizio be available online or is that deal only in-store?

Need to buy 2 and I live 90 miles away from a WalMart.

I have two options other than buying in-store.. will either of these work?
1. I have a shipping address where they can be sent (to my house). Only worry is if I can get the deal online and if shipping will be reasonably cheap.
2. I will be heading into town on the Sunday (2 days after BF) so if there is any store hold or ship-to-store available, I can pick the TV's up no problem on Sun.

Any thoughts? Or am I stuck with a 180 mile drive if I want to grab these deals?

not only the drive, you'll probably have to get there hours before 10PM to get one.

FINDMEDEALS2003 said:   i sorry but i think any opening on thanksgiving is wrong they can at least leave one day for families to be together ..of course people on here will disagree but i think thanksgiving and christmas you can stay home and be with family
I don't disagree with you but at the same time, if family and thanksgiving is so important to you, you can get the things you want by spending an extra few bucks later on. Nobody is stopping you from spending time with your family.

The Nexus 10 was expandable storage away from being a no brainer.

Yeah, every company has Appleitis nowadays and tries to keep you in their walled garden.

Oh well, the Microsoft Surface Intel processor tablet has some possibilities. I checked out the RT version at an Apple Store but it was underpowered. The Intel version is coming out RSN (real soon now )

Onenote said:   
Oh well, the Microsoft Surface Intel processor tablet has some possibilities. I checked out the RT version at an Apple Store but it was underpowered. The Intel version is coming out RSN (real soon now )

Which Apple Store was this that had a Microsoft Surface RT?

RE:
Nobody is stopping you from spending time with your family.

Family v the Buck
The Buck wins.

RE:
you'll probably have to get there hours before 10PM to get one.

3 hours?
They are camping out right now.

Antonius66 said:   nomonies said:   FINDMEDEALS2003 said:   i sorry but i think any opening on thanksgiving is wrong they can at least leave one day for families to be together ..of course people on here will disagree but i think thanksgiving and christmas you can stay home and be with family

No one is making anyone go anywhere they don't want to. If people want to go, let them. I know a lot of people that either A) don't care about/celebrate thanksgiving, B) don't have family nearby so they don't have anywhere to go on Thanksgiving, C) are done with dinner and the festivities well before 8pm.

Option (A) from above for me.

treasurebeacon said:   nbha said:   Will the 60" Vizio be available online or is that deal only in-store?

1. I have a shipping address where they can be sent (to my house). Only worry is if I can get the deal online and if shipping will be reasonably cheap.
2. I will be heading into town on the Sunday (2 days after BF) so if there is any store hold or ship-to-store available, I can pick the TV's up no problem on Sun.

Any thoughts? Or am I stuck with a 180 mile drive if I want to grab these deals?

not only the drive, you'll probably have to get there hours before 10PM to get one.

Lol, hours. HAHAHAHA. They open at midnight, and while the TV is on sale at 5AM, the people form midnight will surely want one, and already be there. In my estimation, this TV will go to the people waiting MORE THAN 20-22 hours in line. Minimum. Been doing BF for 20+ years, and that is a very conservative guess, more likely 24-28 hours. The different sale times are what screw it up.

cigga24 said:   nbha said:   Will the 60" Vizio be available online or is that deal only in-store?

How is it possible you live 90mi away from a WalMart?!!? I thought they were everywhere...

If you live in Death Valley, CA then the nearest Wally's world is 80-90 miles miles away.

If family time is so important or means so much then those people do not need a holiday to enjoy it. Why is the holiday any more important for the family than any other day.

We don't celebrate Christmas in the conventional sense. Thanks to Fatwallet, and other deal sites, we give to each other all year long, especially immediately after Christmas.

nomonies said:   FINDMEDEALS2003 said:   i sorry but i think any opening on thanksgiving is wrong they can at least leave one day for families to be together ..of course people on here will disagree but i think thanksgiving and christmas you can stay home and be with family

I agree. Unfortunately these retailers will continue to one up each other for when they open to the point where Thanksgiving and Christmas will be just another work day.

amexblue said:   nomonies said:   FINDMEDEALS2003 said:   i sorry but i think any opening on thanksgiving is wrong they can at least leave one day for families to be together ..of course people on here will disagree but i think thanksgiving and christmas you can stay home and be with family

I agree. Unfortunately these retailers will continue to one up each other for when they open to the point where Thanksgiving and Christmas will be just another work day.

Hmmm. I work in software development, my co-workers are wide and varied in race, religion and beliefs. We have an open policy on Holidays and such, our employer simply gives us "X" days off for the year to use as we see fit, and it works great. We get to have our holidays off, according to the days we believe we should not be working.

So. All of THAT being said: Thanksgiving and Christmas ARE just another work day for some people. In the office I work at, Thanksgiving and Christmas are just another work day for 70-75% of the employees.

For me personally: BF has always been my holiday of choice, switching it to Turkey day has given me something to look forward to, instead of sitting around watching people get fat and argue. Just my opinion though....

Thanks for sharing!

yesidonoitall said:   ME:::::::::::::::

Joined On
Last Login Date
Member Posts
Average Posts Per Day
My Cash Back
Lifetime $5,176.18

Is that a record?

============

Nah,the Chiu brother had a lot more Cash Back.

nbha said:   Will the 60" Vizio be available online or is that deal only in-store?

I did not know that anyone lived that far from a WalMart anymore. I thought they had better coverage. Now that I said that, maybe they should add cell towers on top of their stores and start their own cellular network.

I've never braved WallyWorld for Black Friday but noticed the price on the Garmin Nuvi 50 seems very good. However, the ad says "in store only" and none of the Walmarts within 50 miles of my home carry this product in store. So, that brings up two questions:

Will WalMart send their BF advertised specials to my local store (even in some ridiculously limited quantity) so I don't have to drive all night to save $40?

And, as much as could be answered without hijacking this thread, is the Nuvi 50 in the ad a decent first GPS compared to printing sheafs of Google Maps for travel?

Thanks for your help!

yamhillchezhead said:   I've never braved WallyWorld for Black Friday but noticed the price on the Garmin Nuvi 50 seems very good. However, the ad says "in store only" and none of the Walmarts within 50 miles of my home carry this product in store. So, that brings up two questions:

Will WalMart send their BF advertised specials to my local store (even in some ridiculously limited quantity) so I don't have to drive all night to save $40?

And, as much as could be answered without hijacking this thread, is the Nuvi 50 in the ad a decent first GPS compared to printing sheafs of Google Maps for travel?

Thanks for your help!

RE:
" and none of the Walmarts within 50 miles of my home carry this product in store.

As is with almost all great priced items for BF, diff models numbers even if really the same item.
They will surely bring in the nuvi's.

How can we find out the Bluray player model #? I wonder if it's the same one they had last year.
Also wonder if it would be better to buy the $39 refurb right now instead.

Especially when you take into account that the vast majority of 'doorbusters' are either: 1. Off-brands with zero reliability record, 2. Major brands, but older models, 3. Major brands, but sketchy/low-end models that usually don't have any of the really good features you're looking for, and/or 4. Deals (or close to it) that you can actually get during the rest of the year if you shop hard enough.

Slickone said:   How can we find out the Bluray player model #? I wonder if it's the same one they had last year.
Also wonder if it would be better to buy the $39 refurb right now instead.

You will have to wait until in store to look at.
It is possible the actual printed add may have model numbers....

There is no requirement they publish such, that cuts down on PM possibilities at another retailer.
Even the add model can be the same as one they stock but a diff number.

"i sorry but i think any opening on thanksgiving is wrong they can at least leave one day for families to be together ..of course people on here will disagree but i think thanksgiving and christmas you can stay home and be with family"

People in the health care field never get this argument. You can make it work and have family time when you are off. Business is business.

RE:
"i sorry but i think any opening on thanksgiving is wrong they can at least leave one day for families to be together ..of course people on here will disagree but i think thanksgiving and christmas you can stay home and be with family"

Nonsense.
If you want to fine, if not, don't.

I think more agree with you here than you might think. I like getting great deals but this kind of sale time (on Thanksgiving in-store) makes me angry.

Oh the Traditionalists

nmsmith said:   "i sorry but i think any opening on thanksgiving is wrong they can at least leave one day for families to be together ..of course people on here will disagree but i think thanksgiving and christmas you can stay home and be with family"

People in the health care field never get this argument. You can make it work and have family time when you are off. Business is business.

Or soldiers

Police

Fireman

Welcome to real life....appreciate family everyday and you don't have to worry about " special occasions"

Love ya, mom and dad!!!!!

Does anyone know anything about the telescope that they have this year? My son is really into space and is wanting one to look at things a little closer. I know nothing about telescopes.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014