WalMart BF Starts Thanksgiving Day 8PM

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Wal-Mart is rolling out the discounts in three stages.

Phase 1: Beginning at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving, the best in-store deals are on toys, games, home goods and clothing. These include Xbox 360 4GB with SkyLanders bundle for $149; Nintendo's Wii console for $89; a Crock Pot 6-quart slow cooker and Mr. Coffee programmable 12-cup coffee maker for $9.44 each; DVD and Blu-ray movies for $1.96 to $9.96 each; video games for $10 to $25 each; Barbie, Bratz and Disney Princess dolls for $5 each.

Phase 2: At 10 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day, the deals mostly focus on electronics. Among them, Samsung 43-inch, 720p plasma HDTV for $378; HP 15.6 -inch laptop with 4GB and 320GB hard drive for $279; Beats by Dr. Dre headphones for $179.95 and Samsung Smart ST195 digital camera for $99.

Between 10 p.m. and 11 p.m., Wal-Mart is also guaranteeing that customers who are already inside its store and waiting online will be able to buy three special deals -- Apple iPad2 16GB with Wi-Fi for $399 plus get a $75 WalMart gift card; Emerson®32" 720p LCD TV for $148 and LG Blu-ray Player for $38. MacNaughton said the Wal-Mart is offering that guarantee because it has enough inventory of those three products to meet the anticipated demand.

Phase 3: On Black Friday, Wal-Mart's deals, which roll out at 5 a.m., mostly focus on home goods, jewelry, tires and furniture.

Wal-Mart is also offering separate Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday deals on electronics, TVs and toys that will only be available online.

Full article here.

Walmart
See Walmart coupons that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

WalMart BF Starts Thanksgiving Day 8PM
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
dup

jimo1957 (Dec. 26, 2012 @ 3:24p) |

do you like the ProScan 50"?

jimo1957 (Dec. 26, 2012 @ 3:26p) |

It's not in stores yet, but for the right price, I might be willing to get into my time machine and get you one.

mokiavelli (Dec. 26, 2012 @ 4:46p) |

Online as well, free ship on the big tvs.

Link to the ad: http://www.fatwallet.com/black-friday/ads/Walmart/
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

IPAD2 good deal....with 10% CB from DISCOVER.....making it best price!! but..wish there was some deal on IPAD3

Black Friday tires?

Clearly WM wants you in their store first... but to what end?

Hopefully, this just pushes Amazon to put their sales up sooner!

Thank you, OP, for a vey well written post.

I was looking for 215/60/16 tires for my Camry. No luck.

I wonder what model the $40 LG bluray is, would be great if it had Vudu.

I also just bought the God of War Saga for $20 from GameStop, not sure if its worth waiting to open it to save $5 plus the hassle it will take.

All of these different times etc., is going to confuse the average WalMart shopper.

WalMart did this last year and it worked very well to control the crowd surges and mitigate the potential for any stampeding incidences, as has happened in the past.

My local WalMart was actually open on Thanksgiving Day so no need to stand in line or in the cold to enter the store at midnight or 5 AM.
Once inside, it was easily marked with balloons and signs where certain BF deals were located.
The top items were spread out throughout the store (not necessarily in their regular department area) to further control the crowds.
You could shop for general items or pick up a voucher for a specific BF deal and wait in that designated line until the time came for the deal to start.
After all the deals were activated (sometime after midnight), the checkout lines did start to get long but otherwise it was a controlled and easy BF shopping experience.
I was extremely impressed with how this staggered approach worked and commend WalMart for employing this strategy.
I will certainly shop there again this year.

FWIW - I did not find it confusing at all. There were also Greeters at the entrance to the store handing out a flyer that had a map of where all the big deals were located. Kudos again to WalMart..

Thanks OP

robby69 said:   All of these different times etc., is going to confuse the average WalMart shopper.

lol. That is assuming of course that they know how to tell time in the first place. And what about the WalMart employees? I think it may confuse many of them too.

Hmm, let me think, i can by a Nexus 10 for $399 in a week or I can wait for the outdated iPad 2. Thats a tough one. Or wait, i can just get a mini ipad 2 for nearly as much. NOT.

pdiggity said:   Hmm, let me think, i can by a Nexus 10 for $399 in a week or I can wait for the outdated iPad 2. Thats a tough one. Or wait, i can just get a mini ipad 2 for nearly as much. NOT.

The Nexus 10 was expandable storage away from being a no brainer.

waiting...
Disclaimer
GreenTrash said:   Black Friday tires?

Surely it won't be a long wait for installation on Black Friday

40" 1080p LCD for $198 looks hot!

At this time of the year, my favorite vids on Y0utube are the BF frenzies at Wa1mart and BB stores. For some reasons I get a kick out of looking at the such human behavior.

Anyone know the model number of the Sharp 70 inch for $1800 ??

stores are opening earlier and earlier, pretty soon it will take over thanksgiving dinner. thanks for the info op

i sorry but i think any opening on thanksgiving is wrong they can at least leave one day for families to be together ..of course people on here will disagree but i think thanksgiving and christmas you can stay home and be with family

LORENW said:   Anyone know the model number of the Sharp 70 inch for $1800 ??

Must be the LC-70LE640U or similar, it is a non-3D, 120 MHZ model, still a great price for this TV.

not bad. did not see their usual corelle dinner set deal though??

FINDMEDEALS2003 said:   i sorry but i think any opening on thanksgiving is wrong they can at least leave one day for families to be together ..of course people on here will disagree but i think thanksgiving and christmas you can stay home and be with family

You can eat your together meal anytime of the day.
Isn't the buck more important than the loving?

WalletGotBack said:   40" 1080p LCD for $198 looks hot!is this instore only or online too?

cigga24 said:   I wonder what model the $40 LG bluray is, would be great if it had Vudu.

I also just bought the God of War Saga for $20 from GameStop, not sure if its worth waiting to open it to save $5 plus the hassle it will take.

It will surely be a scaled down model to sell for $40.00

Thanks OP! Yes!

robby69 said:   All of these different times etc., is going to confuse the average WalMart shopper.

Speak for yourself, I am not in the average category.

I wonder if the Paypal price guarantee will work on this somehow?

geezlouise said:   WalMart did this last year and it worked very well to control the crowd surges and mitigate the potential for any stampeding incidences, as has happened in the past.

My local WalMart was actually open on Thanksgiving Day so no need to stand in line or in the cold to enter the store at midnight or 5 AM.
Once inside, it was easily marked with balloons and signs where certain BF deals were located.
The top items were spread out throughout the store (not necessarily in their regular department area) to further control the crowds.
You could shop for general items or pick up a voucher for a specific BF deal and wait in that designated line until the time came for the deal to start.
After all the deals were activated (sometime after midnight), the checkout lines did start to get long but otherwise it was a controlled and easy BF shopping experience.
I was extremely impressed with how this staggered approach worked and commend WalMart for employing this strategy.
I will certainly shop there again this year.

FWIW - I did not find it confusing at all. There were also Greeters at the entrance to the store handing out a flyer that had a map of where all the big deals were located. Kudos again to WalMart..

I agree completely with this entire post. Everything was exactly the same at my Wal-Mart.

And as with many BF models from other retailers, WM will not have the ones in stock now featured on BF.

Let's not forget the site crash that some of experienced when ordering on Black Friday early am. I wonder what they have done this year.

I gave up, please don't spray me with pepper

The best deal is copied and pasted here: $1.00 LED Sharp 70" 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV

speedrx said:   LORENW said:   Anyone know the model number of the Sharp 70 inch for $1800 ??

Must be the LC-70LE640U or similar, it is a non-3D, 120 MHZ model, still a great price for this TV.

Better not see any flickering at that frame rate!

FINDMEDEALS2003 said:   i sorry but i think any opening on thanksgiving is wrong they can at least leave one day for families to be together ..of course people on here will disagree but i think thanksgiving and christmas you can stay home and be with family

I agree 100% and was going to make the same comment.

dealmaster00 said:   WalletGotBack said:   40" 1080p LCD for $198 looks hot!is this instore only or online too?

Looks like in-store only according to the ad. Bummer.

Is dyson a good deal this year?

tinaning said:   Is dyson a good deal this year?

They are supposed to be very good.

If you only spend time with your family on thanksgiving ...you fail

Skipping 116 Messages...
Honeybobo said:   what's the current price of mini ipad 2?

It's not in stores yet, but for the right price, I might be willing to get into my time machine and get you one.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014