VIZIO 60" SMART LED for $688 Walmart BF

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
ebbikenezer said:   thenew3 said:   Nice TV and great price, BUT be aware there is no VESA complaint wall mount holes in the back of this thing, so it can only sit on the included stand. can not be wall mounted.

If it's this one, then it sure can be mounted:

Wall Mount Specifications
Hole Pattern: 400mm x 400mm
Screw Size: M6
Screw Length: 10mm
Screw Pitch: 1mm

It may be, but the one at my local WalMart on display did not have any VESA mounting holes on the back. Same model # too.

I was a little worried on the blacks because I'm pretty picky with muddy gray's instead of the deep blacks but I can tell you hands down that the blacks on the set get very deep and dark, no muddy gray's here. I'm a fan and haven't been a fan until recently because vizio has always been a "budget TV" with budget specs but I'd put this 60" up against any Low end 1.2 to 1.5k samsung and the blacks are just as deep but the color in my opinion is better and brighter.

Someone said they will hide it from the shelves. According to WalMart, you can buy online and have it shipped to the store for pickup... can I have it reserved to pick up on black friday? Or prior then come in and ask for the price match on black friday?

Joe328 said:   What is VCR?? And where can I get one? Is it the new tech coming out???

Terrible acting for an ancient member.

I agree with you, nothing but 300 pound shwratchas trying to barrel you down at this black Friday sale.

ganjagadget said:   movie30 said:   I would definitely purchase one, but in Wisconsin it is $976 due to markup law. May have to drive to Illinois.
Sale starts at 10PM Thursday.

Wow that blows! I had never heard of such a thing, so I looked it up:

From http://datcp.wi.gov/:

Commonly referred to as the "Minimum Markup Law," is a general trade practice regulation prohibiting sales below cost. The law considers the practice of selling below cost to attract patronage a form of deceptive advertising which diverts business from retailers who maintain a fair pricing policy, ultimately resulting in lessened competition and market disruption. The law provides the following:

General merchandise other than alcoholic beverages, cigarettes and other tobacco products may not be sold at less than cost by either wholesalers or retailers. “Cost” is defined as invoice cost or replacement cost whichever is lower, less all trade discounts, plus any excise taxes and any cost incurred for transportation and any other charges not otherwise included in the invoice cost or replacement cost of the merchandise.

Must suck to be a FW'er in WI...

That is the most f'd up law i've ever seen. This law supposedly prevents "lessened competition" ?? Seems like the opposite. Hopefully you voted the dumb asses that instituted this law out of office last week. It is costing the taxpayers big time.

Also $976 vs $688 is $288. I highly doubt non WI stores are losing $288/unit, even if supplies are limited, so the law is definitely raising prices further by reducing competition. State is also losing sales tax revenue. If this difference in price is indicative of pricing differentials on other merchandise, I'm sure people find it worthwhile to drive across the border to neighboring states.

belgique said:   I would NOT buy this brand the remote is tiny and you cannot see the tiny buttons on the remote and if you have a VCR or camcorder U cannot connect it
to this TV...I had one and sent it back.

It's hard to imagine how horrible the picture from a VCR with it's 280 lines of resolution would look on a 60" screen. Big fuzzy blocks moving around. A new definition of ugly would have to be invented. And of course the user would "stretch" the 4:3 picture. SMH

For those advantage or business member at Sam's Club, on November 18th they have a VIP shopping spree for one night only from 8-10pm they have this VIZIO 60" CLASS Razor LED Smart TV for $698.00 model number E601i-A3, item #500821 and 45 other items, this is by invitation only.need this invitation and membership card required at the door. but you can preview this at www.Samsclub.com/vip if you really need one and you're close to IL i could get you in.

belgique said:   I would NOT buy this brand the remote is tiny and you cannot see the tiny buttons on the remote and if you have a VCR or camcorder U cannot connect it

Nonsense. This unit has one of the best stock remote controls out there with its full qwerty layout.

She is using VCR.

You are the only person in the world with a 60" LED TV and a VCR in the same house.

And FWIW; according to the specs it DOES have Composite and Component. Add to that the fact that the remote with this TV is highly rated and you'll understand why I have my doubts that you actually had this TV.

CAn any SamsClub member ( i have advantage membership ) do purchase during this time? 8-10pm ?? or do we need to get any invitation?

jd2010 said:   ugh, of all the places to have to camp out at its gonna have to be with the scum of the earth at WM? lame

I've never been to a WalMart but YOU certainly don't sound like someone I'd like to be around either. Please GO AWAY. Come back after high school is over.

So I can't connect my old Betamax player with this then?

ebbikenezer said:   Ramius said:   I guess it can only be this model: E601i-A3
No 3D. Is "RAZOR LED" edge-lit?

Back lit. I have been scouring reviews, and the only negative I have found (Besides DOAs) is that the blacks are not quite as good as on the higher end Samsungs... which is fine for me, this isn't a higher end Samsung, and the reviews it has received make me feel great about picking it up.

This is an edge lit set, not back lit.

So I have been to a few WalMart over the weekend. Not 1 store had a 60 inch Vizio currently in stock. Things could get ugly.. I talked to a few of the Sales reps about the price match. One said No way and the other's gave me the WINK.. Yet none are in stock now.. FYI

Is anyone able to order this online for store pickup? I've tried several browsers and different items but cannot checkout.

For $998?

I am only 1 step away to place order. don't want to do it on that price.

ISGall said:   Is anyone able to order this online for store pickup? I've tried several browsers and different items but cannot checkout.

I'm not sure what this gets you unless you're planning on doing a return/rebuy. However, given WalMart Customer Service department (or lack thereof), this could get dicey. They may want you to have the TV in your possession. They may not price match their own block buster price. Who knows.

Ba warneed this is a typo ad, it is not 120hz it is 60hz. just sayin!

bobetto said:   Ba warneed this is a typo ad, it is not 120hz it is 60hz. just sayin!

Where do you see this? Vizio site says 120hz.
http://store.vizio.com/via-hdtvs/e601ia3.html

hammer45 said:   ISGall said:   Is anyone able to order this online for store pickup? I've tried several browsers and different items but cannot checkout.

I'm not sure what this gets you unless you're planning on doing a return/rebuy. However, given WalMart Customer Service department (or lack thereof), this could get dicey. They may want you to have the TV in your possession. They may not price match their own block buster price. Who knows.

I was going to try and do a return/rebuy on day of sale with the TV arriving two days prior. If it works it works, if not, meh. I just can't checkout.

Will this work with my atari 2600? Just kidding!

So does this go on sale Thursday at 10p.m., or Friday at 5a.m.? Ad scan is not really clear.

Daddio1949 said:   Someone posted above, but no one has responded. Can we buy now and price match then so we don't have to stand in line? Also the model number?

I couldn't find the model number on this item for you but I did read on a couple of sites that people have called and WalMart has said that they will not be price adjusting or matching any Black Friday items. You might have better luck if you call though.

ebbikenezer said:   belgique said:   I would NOT buy this brand the remote is tiny and you cannot see the tiny buttons on the remote and if you have a VCR or camcorder U cannot connect it

Hmmm. Recommendations on a VCR I can hook my camcorder to, to copy my home vids?

I believe I saw a Black Friday ad for a Garage Sale that had one for a few bucks Actually, you're better off getting a tv tuner card for your PC compatible with your camcorder and use that to transfer the videos to DVD.

mail4hemanthr said:   CAn any SamsClub member ( i have advantage membership ) do purchase during this time? 8-10pm ?? or do we need to get any invitation?

For those looking to pick this tv up at Sam's Club on Nov 18, it is invitation only. My mother in law is a advantage plus member and we went into the Sam's to see if we could get an inivitation. They told us only new advantage members get invitation. And since she has been an advantage member she is not eligable. None the less, I signed up for membership. $100 for membership but they give you $20 gift card on the spot, so really only $80. The lady gave us a invitation on the spot after signup. Invited member can bring one guest. 10 TV per store and 1 tv per member. They had the TV on display there. Nice looking unit. Thin and nice color. Hope this helps.

jocarpo said:   For those advantage or business member at Sam's Club, on November 18th they have a VIP shopping spree for one night only from 8-10pm they have this VIZIO 60" CLASS Razor LED Smart TV for $698.00 model number E601i-A3, item #500821 and 45 other items, this is by invitation only.need this invitation and membership card required at the door. but you can preview this at www.Samsclub.com/vip if you really need one and you're close to IL i could get you in.

Do you know if all of the 'invitations' have gone out already?

I'm a new Advantage member, just joined last month. So hoping I get on the list!

kvegas said:   Will this work with my atari 2600? Just kidding!

So does this go on sale Thursday at 10p.m., or Friday at 5a.m.? Ad scan is not really clear.

I believe 10pm Thursday based on my understanding.

pitflyer said:   jocarpo said:   For those advantage or business member at Sam's Club, on November 18th they have a VIP shopping spree for one night only from 8-10pm they have this VIZIO 60" CLASS Razor LED Smart TV for $698.00 model number E601i-A3, item #500821 and 45 other items, this is by invitation only.need this invitation and membership card required at the door. but you can preview this at www.Samsclub.com/vip if you really need one and you're close to IL i could get you in.

Do you know if all of the 'invitations' have gone out already?

I'm a new Advantage member, just joined last month. So hoping I get on the list!

I have no clue. You might want to stop buy and ask. My mother in law has been a Advantage member for 2 years and sams member for 10+ now and she was pissed that they are offering this to new members and not the members that have been with them for a while.

tschan77 said:   Hey FWers,

Couldn't I buy this TV on 11/20/2012 via WalMart.com (at $998 + tax) and pick it up at a store on Black Friday? When I go to pick it up on Black Friday, I simply return the online purchase transaction, and rebuy at the BF price?

No store lets people buy things before Black Friday, then get the Black Friday price via price match or return/rebuy.

I am new to Black Friday shopping. I am looking for advice on what time to get to WalMart for the 60" Vizio. The sale for that item starts at 10PM. Thanks

I think if you got there today you'd have decent odds. No guarantee though as you'll have to outrun everyone else once the gates are opened.

ISGall said:   I think if you got there today you'd have decent odds. No guarantee though as you'll have to outrun everyone else once the gates are opened.remember to bring your gas mask in case there are copycat shoppers from last year's pepper spraying incident: lady pepper sprays walmart crowd at black friday sale

this tv deal will probably bring out the worst in people....

Will they be giving out vouchers if you're in line and they run out? Heard a rumor here in FL that vouchers would be given for "door busters"

Re: purchase at WalMart dot com and do in store pickup on Friday, and have WalMart price match??? The physical Walmarts have steadfastly refused to match any online deal at WalMart dot com. What makes anyone think that the reverse isn't going to be true... and on Black Friday of all days. edit: oh cool, there's some sort of badge thing below my name. First one in almost 11 years.

DrPizza said:   Re: purchase at WalMart dot com and do in store pickup on Friday, and have WalMart price match??? The physical Walmarts have steadfastly refused to match any online deal at WalMart dot com. What makes anyone think that the reverse isn't going to be true... and on Black Friday of all days. edit: oh cool, there's some sort of badge thing below my name. First one in almost 11 years.Holy cow, DrPizza. Where have you been all these years?

Not true. I've got mine wall mounted.

scoobydooby said:   belgique said:   I would NOT buy this brand the remote is tiny and you cannot see the tiny buttons on the remote and if you have a VCR or camcorder U cannot connect it

You are the only person in the world with a 60" LED TV and a VCR in the same house.

And FWIW; according to the specs it DOES have Composite and Component. Add to that the fact that the remote with this TV is highly rated and you'll understand why I have my doubts that you actually had this TV.

Not only does it have component, but from the pictures on Vizio's website it also has coaxial input (RF), so even a 'first gen' VCR should hook up just fine. I'd like to hear him explain why the coaxial input doesn't work.

Wal Mart seems to want to do things a little "fairer" this year, hence some items are guaranteed. So I just can't imagine it will be total chaos for the TV. What I am not sure is, how will they keep things under control. Hand out numbers? But starting when? Stand in a special line - again starting when? When do their doors open?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014