VIZIO 60" SMART LED for $688 Walmart BF

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Apparently WalMart BF will offer VIZIO 60" Smart LED for $688.

Link

Walmart
See Walmart coupons that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

LED (108.64kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
998 is the MSRP (full retail).

Amby (Nov. 26, 2012 @ 12:38p) |

Thursday Night

cubexco (Nov. 26, 2012 @ 1:12p) |

That was a joke, right? If not, why not call them and ask them, I am sure they have prank calls all the time.

Mickie3 (Nov. 29, 2012 @ 5:18a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

BUMP

This would be a great deal... must be a doorbuster deal.

I would definitely purchase one, but in Wisconsin it is $976 due to markup law. May have to drive to Illinois.
Sale starts at 10PM Thursday.

Hey FWers,

Couldn't I buy this TV on 11/20/2012 via WalMart.com (at $998 + tax) and pick it up at a store on Black Friday? When I go to pick it up on Black Friday, I simply return the online purchase transaction, and rebuy at the BF price?

movie30 said:   I would definitely purchase one, but in Wisconsin it is $976 due to markup law. May have to drive to Illinois.

Wow that blows! I had never heard of such a thing, so I looked it up:

From http://datcp.wi.gov/:

Commonly referred to as the "Minimum Markup Law," is a general trade practice regulation prohibiting sales below cost. The law considers the practice of selling below cost to attract patronage a form of deceptive advertising which diverts business from retailers who maintain a fair pricing policy, ultimately resulting in lessened competition and market disruption. The law provides the following:

General merchandise other than alcoholic beverages, cigarettes and other tobacco products may not be sold at less than cost by either wholesalers or retailers. “Cost” is defined as invoice cost or replacement cost whichever is lower, less all trade discounts, plus any excise taxes and any cost incurred for transportation and any other charges not otherwise included in the invoice cost or replacement cost of the merchandise.

Must suck to be a FW'er in WI...

This is the lowest price so far for BF on a 60" LED TV.

I hope I can buy two... but might not even be able to get one.

ugh, of all the places to have to camp out at its gonna have to be with the scum of the earth at WM? lame

Same price I paid for my 55inch LG Smart tv 2 yrs ago with a p/m to a Frys add, not that big a deal IMHO

Deleted

I guess a vizio could be compared to the LG tho

how will people know if this is available at a nearby WalMart? will every store at least have one?

Also, what time does this TV goes on sale?

Does any one know the model number. possibly E601i-A3

jd2010 said:   ugh, of all the places to have to camp out at its gonna have to be with the scum of the earth at WM? lame If you truly feel that way, what does that make you? An incredibly judgemental elitist that can be bought for a few dollars. Your willing to compromise your moral superiority beliefs and dwell with the "scum of the earth" for a good deal on a TV? YOUR THE REAL WINNER DUDE! You disgust me. I feel sorry for the BF shoppers at WalMart having to be around a person like you.

movie30 said:   I would definitely purchase one, but in Wisconsin it is $976 due to markup law. May have to drive to Illinois.

wow i just learned something
those laws are sickening

FIWALY said:   jd2010 said:   ugh, of all the places to have to camp out at its gonna have to be with the scum of the earth at WM? lame If you truly feel that way, what does that make you? An incredibly judgemental elitist that can be bought for a few dollars. Your willing to compromise your moral superiority beliefs and dwell with the "scum of the earth" for a good deal on a TV? YOUR THE REAL WINNER DUDE! You disgust me. I feel sorry for the BF shoppers at WalMart.

YOU'RE right, I'll leave it to mental midgets like you. It's not judgemental, its real life. WalMart is dirty, with poor products and a clientele that has their own website dedicated to them.

Theres no shitseenattarget website.

Someone posted above, but no one has responded. Can we buy now and price match then so we don't have to stand in line? Also the model number?

Hmmmmmmmmm the "Smart" is really intriguing.

Didn't know "BF deals in Wisconsin" is a myth!!!

ganjagadget said:   movie30 said:   I would definitely purchase one, but in Wisconsin it is $976 due to markup law. May have to drive to Illinois.

Commonly referred to as the "Minimum Markup Law," is a general trade practice regulation prohibiting sales below cost. The law considers the practice of selling below cost to attract patronage a form of deceptive advertising which diverts business from retailers who maintain a fair pricing policy, ultimately resulting in lessened competition and market disruption. The law provides the following:

General merchandise other than alcoholic beverages, cigarettes and other tobacco products may not be sold at less than cost by either wholesalers or retailers. “Cost” is defined as invoice cost or replacement cost whichever is lower, less all trade discounts, plus any excise taxes and any cost incurred for transportation and any other charges not otherwise included in the invoice cost or replacement cost of the merchandise.

You can generally do this, just be aware that you would most likely need to perform the price match/adjustment during the time of the sale.
So if this is a door buster deal with specific hours, just make sure to be there during those specific hours.
That said, most stores don't put their door buster deals out for sale until the day of the sale.

since WalMart is doing "guaranteed" items this year ... will this be one of them? I will be visiting family out of state that week. Id love to get a price guarantee card and then just buy it when I get back home...

DeezWhat said:   since WalMart is doing "guaranteed" items this year ... will this be one of them? I will be visiting family out of state that week. Id love to get a price guarantee card and then just buy it when I get back home...

Of course not. Those are clearly labeled.

Daddio1949 said:   Someone posted above, but no one has responded. Can we buy now and price match then so we don't have to stand in line? Also the model number?

Wondering the same thing. I may pick up the E601I-A3, and if they don't price match I will just return/rebuy, but trying to get confirmation.

I would NOT buy this brand the remote is tiny and you cannot see the tiny buttons on the remote and if you have a VCR or camcorder U cannot connect it
to this TV...I had one and sent it back.

belgique said:   I would NOT buy this brand the remote is tiny and you cannot see the tiny buttons on the remote and if you have a VCR or camcorder U cannot connect it

Hmmm. Recommendations on a VCR I can hook my camcorder to, to copy my home vids?

belgique said:   I would NOT buy this brand the remote is tiny and you cannot see the tiny buttons on the remote and if you have a VCR or camcorder U cannot connect it
am I reading it right ? did you say 'VCR' ?

Nice TV and great price, BUT be aware there is no VESA complaint wall mount holes in the back of this thing, so it can only sit on the included stand. can not be wall mounted.

What is VCR?? And where can I get one? Is it the new tech coming out???

thenew3 said:   Nice TV and great price, BUT be aware there is no VESA complaint wall mount holes in the back of this thing, so it can only sit on the included stand. can not be wall mounted.

If it's this one, then it sure can be mounted:

Wall Mount Specifications
Hole Pattern: 400mm x 400mm
Screw Size: M6
Screw Length: 10mm
Screw Pitch: 1mm

Really want this as a spare for the basement but don't want to wait in line. Decisions

jd2010 said:   ugh, of all the places to have to camp out at its gonna have to be with the scum of the earth at WM? lame

i suppose you must be the pope? or just an arrogant hole!

jd2010 said:   FIWALY said:   jd2010 said:   ugh, of all the places to have to camp out at its gonna have to be with the scum of the earth at WM? lame If you truly feel that way, what does that make you? An incredibly judgemental elitist that can be bought for a few dollars. Your willing to compromise your moral superiority beliefs and dwell with the "scum of the earth" for a good deal on a TV? YOUR THE REAL WINNER DUDE! You disgust me. I feel sorry for the BF shoppers at WalMart.

YOU'RE right, I'll leave it to mental midgets like you. It's not judgemental, its real life. WalMart is dirty, with poor products and a clientele that has their own website dedicated to them.

i think there's a issue between someones keyboard and chair!

crtt said:   jd2010 said:   FIWALY said:   jd2010 said:   ugh, of all the places to have to camp out at its gonna have to be with the scum of the earth at WM? lame If you truly feel that way, what does that make you? An incredibly judgemental elitist that can be bought for a few dollars. Your willing to compromise your moral superiority beliefs and dwell with the "scum of the earth" for a good deal on a TV? YOUR THE REAL WINNER DUDE! You disgust me. I feel sorry for the BF shoppers at WalMart.

i think there's a issue between someones keyboard and chair!

Be careful. They used "mental midgets" as an insult. If you push too hard, they may sling something at you as advanced as 1992 Lingo, that's a FULL DECADE harsher insult that could be coming your way!!! Not to mention, they're making the assumption someone's intelligence is lacking when they are looking to find a great deal and don't discriminate on where they find it.... which I find extremely ironic.

I posted for item discussion and NOT for personal attacks..."Can we all get along?"

ganjagadget said:   movie30 said:   I would definitely purchase one, but in Wisconsin it is $976 due to markup law. May have to drive to Illinois.

Doesn't it exclude BF deals...may be somewhere it is printed in microlines???

I guess it can only be this model: E601i-A3
No 3D. Is "RAZOR LED" edge-lit?

I have two of these and I got them at 999 and they are worth every single penny. They are amazing as 60" computer monitors on my GTX 680 and they run flawlessly with no lag and they are extremely bright. I had to dial back the brightness because it hurt my eyes. Before them I tried every panel around the 1k to 1.2k mark and these bar none beat anything in that price range. At under 700 bucks these things are going to FLY off the shelves.

Ramius said:   I guess it can only be this model: E601i-A3
No 3D. Is "RAZOR LED" edge-lit?

Back lit. I have been scouring reviews, and the only negative I have found (Besides DOAs) is that the blacks are not quite as good as on the higher end Samsungs... which is fine for me, this isn't a higher end Samsung, and the reviews it has received make me feel great about picking it up.

Skipping 78 Messages...
cubexco said:   Scored one from Wallyworld. Love it!
Can you purchase the warranty from Costco if the TV is purchased elsewhere?
I do not have a Costco membership, so, can I have a friend buy the warranty, and I register my TV with it?

TIA!

That was a joke, right? If not, why not call them and ask them, I am sure they have prank calls all the time.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014