• Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
My tv does not have a usb port on it. Can I use this device? I do have hdmi ports on my tv though. Thank you.

sadeqq said:   My tv does not have a usb port on it. Can I use this device? I do have hdmi ports on my tv though. Thank you.

You can use. It has HDMI, USB, and mini USB(?).

This looks interesting. I wonder if it supports NFS v3/v4 protocol. It would be great if it can let me stream my movies using NFS from my NAS.

Thanks OP, I have been waiting for a good deal on one of these and had to bite on this one!

Thanks op. In for three.

Is there a way to start pandora or another app on this device using your android phone? I have been using xmbc/apple radio on my apple tv for a while but I don't like how I have to turn on the tv and start the radio and then turn the tv back off (I have an external speaker)

danimous said:   Is there a way to start pandora or another app on this device using your android phone? I have been using xmbc/apple radio on my apple tv for a while but I don't like how I have to turn on the tv and start the radio and then turn the tv back off (I have an external speaker)

The Droidmote app would also do this, right?

Ok, techy question, I've got a HP pavilion laptop that has a flaky motherboard that corrupted the GUID/serial, so it won't connect to internet. I can't activate so I can't use it for anything really, HP wants $300 to retattoo BIOS. Any way to hook this thing up to the monitor/monitor wire of the laptop and have it work? since it connects with own Serial and GUID?

anyone have this and installed slingplayer????? I have it on my phone and it works great. I purchased a hd live and it does not support older slingboxes on the slingplayer, like you cant connect at all. I know the phone one says it wont support them but it still loads older slingboxes like classic. I wonder if this would work??

Why is this not mainstream yet?

If there was a way I could use my Logitech Harmony 880 (IR) remote with this, I'd get one. I basically just want something that will run XBMC. I used to run it on my modded Xbox, but the first-gen Xbox couldn't handle 720p+ .mkv files, so I went with a Sony netbox instead. Very basic interface (same as the PS3), but at least it lets me watch all my downloaded TV shows and movies.

I'm lost...does this work with just a monitor assuming that monitor has USB port? Thanks.

andresaur said:   I'm lost...does this work with just a monitor assuming that monitor has USB port? Thanks.
AFAIK, no. The USB host port is for things like a HDD, keyboard/mouse, camera, etc. The only video/audio output is via HDMI.

Anyone with one know if regular Hulu works on it?

TiredOfTaxes said:   Why is this not mainstream yet?

Oh, it's mainstream in China... But a quick survey of the questions being asked just in this thread alone explains why it isn't going to be mainstream here in the US any time soon.

HotStuff2 said:   andresaur said:   I'm lost...does this work with just a monitor assuming that monitor has USB port? Thanks.
AFAIK, no. The USB host port is for things like a HDD, keyboard/mouse, camera, etc. The only video/audio output is via HDMI.

You probably can use HDMI to VGA converter, that costs approx. $50 on eBay.

Tnx. Butcherboy!

Thank you, guys.

Would consider this for streaming if it had a ethernet port..

Hypnosis4u2nv said:   Would consider this for streaming if it had a ethernet port..

You can take a chance and buy a $2 or $3 version, or you can get this one which people have given great responses and is confirmed working with our MK808:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00484IEJS/...

GWBush said:   TiredOfTaxes said:   Why is this not mainstream yet?

Oh, it's mainstream in China... But a quick survey of the questions being asked just in this thread alone explains why it isn't going to be mainstream here in the US any time soon.

As true as I know it is, it's still shocking to me to read that China is now more techno-adaptive than the US.

GreenTrash said:   GWBush said:   TiredOfTaxes said:   Why is this not mainstream yet?

As true as I know it is, it's still shocking to me to read that China is now more techno-adaptive than the US.

Its easy to understand things when you assemble them!

odys99 said:   Hypnosis4u2nv said:   Would consider this for streaming if it had a ethernet port..

You can take a chance and buy a $2 or $3 version, or you can get this one which people have given great responses and is confirmed working with our MK808:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00484IEJS/...

I currently have this one from Monoprice.. Any ideas if it should work or not?

Perfect! I'm here in Hong Kong on vacation but with a toddler and I couldn't go to Mongkok with her to buy something like this. Price is about same for what you can find here anyway so it saves me a trip to fight the crowd! Thanks OP!

This mk808 custom rom by finless has some tweaks for trying to improve wifi. This thread also has tips for modding the antenna.
http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1971-NEW-MK808-Android-mi...

kennethxu said:   Beware of the wifi issue on MK808. i have mk802+,ug802,and mk808. The wifi issue is the worst on MK808, might have to go buy a usb Ethernet dongle soon. Latest firmware 10/26 made it slightly better, but not a good fix.

in for 1, selling my WD HD LIVE on eBay for more than this cost, think I will be happy I did.

Just wondering as I am not aware of its capabilities...

I have Logitech Revue with wireless keyboard.
Is this a better replacement for it? How do you navigate this device? Does it have a wireless controller like Revue?

Please advise. It sounds good and faster than Revue for sure.
Thanks.

deallover said:   Just wondering as I am not aware of its capabilities...

I have Logitech Revue with wireless keyboard.
Is this a better replacement for it? How do you navigate this device? Does it have a wireless controller like Revue?

Please advise. It sounds good and faster than Revue for sure.
Thanks.

I use Droidmote onl, but when I first got it I plugged in a mouse keyboard combo to navigate the controls.
They sell a wireless air remote thing on the deal page that is a keyboard and a mouse and a gamepad all in 1.
I have an HTC phone but anything with Android works and it is free to download and install.
I don't know anything about the ReVue other than everyone complains about it, hahaha.

jimates said:   lowspeed said:   How do you control it?

Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse?
Includes a Mini-USB Host port, which can be used to operate with an external keyboard or mouse,.......

Actually it has a regular USB port too (I have one of these)

The mini USB is for power...

byteless said:   did it get hot quickly?

Thats what I was reading from the similar products reviews that after an hour or so, the product get hot and shutdown by itself, then you have to hard reset etc.

any comments on that?
Can you install other apps from the google play?

Heat? Not a problem with this model.
Google play? Full access.

FrugalFreak said:   Ok, techy question, I've got a HP pavilion laptop that has a flaky motherboard that corrupted the GUID/serial, so it won't connect to internet. I can't activate so I can't use it for anything really, HP wants $300 to retattoo BIOS. Any way to hook this thing up to the monitor/monitor wire of the laptop and have it work? since it connects with own Serial and GUID?

No, laptop LCDs use LVDS not HDMI signaling...

futhey said:   FrugalFreak said:   Ok, techy question, I've got a HP pavilion laptop that has a flaky motherboard that corrupted the GUID/serial, so it won't connect to internet. I can't activate so I can't use it for anything really, HP wants $300 to retattoo BIOS. Any way to hook this thing up to the monitor/monitor wire of the laptop and have it work? since it connects with own Serial and GUID?

No, laptop LCDs use LVDS not HDMI signaling...

I learn something new every time I come to FW.

Anybody know if this will stream the Amazon Prime free shows?

sleepfaster said:   Anybody know if this will stream the Amazon Prime free shows?

Since Prime Instant Video requires Flash, the short answer is no.

GWBush said:   sleepfaster said:   Anybody know if this will stream the Amazon Prime free shows?

Are you sure?

From the specs on the OPs link.

"Flash Player - Supports Adobe Flash 11"

GWBush said:   sleepfaster said:   Anybody know if this will stream the Amazon Prime free shows?

The product page indicates that the device supports Adobe Flash Player. Why would Prime not work?

nice deal.

Not sure why FatWallet marked this thread Expired. At 6:45am EST the link is showing that 4 hours remain for this deal.

http://www.in4dealz.com/deals/MK808-Dual-Core-Android-4-1--TV-BO...

That is completely wrong I own this model and it streams Flash video just fine and HD Flash works without a hiccop.

By chance anyone knows if this will work with the Lenovo Mini Wireless Keyboard N5901/A ?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014