• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Newegg Early Black Friday 72 Hour Sale @ Newegg - On Sale

Free shipping on many items
Expires On: Nov 11, 2012 11:59pm

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary

Newegg Early Black Friday 72 Hour Sale
Thanks sparky34
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

the Asus 23" monitor looks tempthing for $124 after rebate.

ASUS VH232H Glossy Black 23" 5ms Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 ASCR 20000:1 w/Speakers & HDMI

$20 off w/ promo code EMCJJNA43, ends 11/11

Another one is Acer G245HQABD 23.6" LCD Monitor Black 5ms Full HD Widescreen 300 cd/m2 ACM 80,000:1 (1,000:1)

72hr special, ends 11/11 for $119.99

Anyone has any suggestions? Asus 23" for $124.99 or Acer 23.6" for $119?

i would go with the asus for the hdmi and led back lighting.

I had a 24 inch acer and the color was pretty terrible. As was the contrast/black level. If you are deciding between the two I would pick ASUS hands down.

you guys are crazy. the BF ads in target and etc have like 26-32 inch tvs that you could use as a monitor ranging from $100-$160

That makes this cold.

I use that asus monitor as a second screen / xbox gaming screen and it is great. One thing to note is the speakers are terrible, but that is to be expected with any monitor that size with built in speakers.

Amazon also has the same price on ASUS VH232H if you apply this mail-in-rebate from asus...

The deal on the Antec 300 case is pretty sweet.

I agree, but the bottom mounted PSU is a problem.

whats bad about mounting psu at the bottom? i like antec 300, it is sturdy, has screw holes for ssd drive so u dont need a bracket. best price i have seen on it.
asus bluray burner deal is good too.

javad said:   whats bad about mounting psu at the bottom? i like antec 300, it is sturdy, has screw holes for ssd drive so u dont need a bracket. best price i have seen on it.
asus bluray burner deal is good too.

Some folks are really anal about the push pull air path for cooling PCs.

javad said:   whats bad about mounting psu at the bottom?

The PSU (which sucks air into the case like a vacuum) on the bottom means that all manner of dust, trash & debris is sucked into the case. Its even worse if you have a dog, or God forbid, a mangy, hairy cat. The hair and dust blocks airflow and clogs heat sinks.

javad said:   what's bad about mounting psu at the bottom?The only drawback I've seen is from the short AC cord inside the case that goes between the AC receptacle at the top and the PSU at the bottom, when that cord passes against sharp metal edges. I wouldn't expect that hazard with an Antec case, but I've seen it in one cheapo case. OTOH I probably wouldn't want a bottom PSU with any water cooling system, if a leak sprung.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014