• 17 8 9101116
  • Page
  • Text Only
Staples' Rebates website, www.stapleseasyrebates.com, seems to be down. Does anyone have problem with the website?

littleswallow said:   Staples' Rebates website, www.stapleseasyrebates.com, seems to be down. Does anyone have problem with the website?Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to www.stapleseasyrebates.com

idealguru said:   I got email that they are processing my rebate but doesnt state the amount anywhere .. i bought 5x 200 in the same transaction.Takes 3-4 hours for Parago to get the transaction detail to process after purchase. Thirty minutes once you get the update email.

mathfaster said:   littleswallow said:   Staples' Rebates website, www.stapleseasyrebates.com, seems to be down. Does anyone have problem with the website?Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to www.stapleseasyrebates.com

they are probably fixing all the "broken" rebate amounts!

MISTERCHEAP said:   mathfaster said:   littleswallow said:   Staples' Rebates website, www.stapleseasyrebates.com, seems to be down. Does anyone have problem with the website?Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to www.stapleseasyrebates.comthey are probably fixing all the "broken" rebate amounts!IF they are fixing this issue I want payment for being their Quality Control Department.Leave my rebates alone.

Trying to figure out GoWallet to register the cards. Can't find the place to update the address so I can then transfer them to my Serve account. Anyone else doing the same on their cards ?

respdoc said:   Trying to figure out GoWallet to register the cards. Can't find the place to update the address so I can then transfer them to my Serve account. Anyone else doing the same on their cards ?Not sure this helps but someone posted this on SD: "You don't need to give an address to make a GoWallet account. But they do give you the option to add that info to each card you register to the site. I was a bit wary of it until I realized the site sponsor is the same company (Blackhawk) that puts the cards in Staples stores. And no, no bank account info."

May be this is a good selling tactic. Make an error on rebate amount, initially, on purpose. Drive the suckers in and then later correct it as per the original flyer. #SCREWED.

respdoc said:   Trying to figure out GoWallet to register the cards. Can't find the place to update the address so I can then transfer them to my Serve account. Anyone else doing the same on their cards ?

you don't know how? RESPDOC???

mathfaster said:   Not sure this helps but someone posted this on SD: "You don't need to give an address to make a GoWallet account. But they do give you the option to add that info to each card you register to the site. I was a bit wary of it until I realized the site sponsor is the same company (Blackhawk) that puts the cards in Staples stores. And no, no bank account info."

Thanks...but on Gowallet...you can add the card number/exp date and amount...but no where to add a physical address.

MISTERCHEAP said:   

Kiss it. If you can figure it out....I'll give you a virtual cookie.

pprogram said:   Thank for reminding me about the $10 coupon for a $100 MC purchase at a safeway store.

Here in TX, Randall's, a safeway store, is offering 4x Gas Reward promos through Dec 15 according to my call to the 800 number. So buy 10 $100 MC for 1059.50 get 10 $10 Catalinas (expiration date a factor) get 4000 Gas Reward points (100 points = .10 gas savings) or $4/gal limited to $2 per redemption at the pump. Then use them to buy $1000 SPLS GC and get 4X Gas Rewards again, now $8/gal or $2 for four fill-ups. Based on my almost empty 19 gallon fill that equals $152 in fuel savings between now and Dec 31. The $59.50 MC activation charge is offset by the $100 in $10 Catalinas + my measly 2% grocery Cash Back (100 +20 - 59.50)so that is $60.50 + $152 = 212.50 benefit before I get to SPLS to buy the MC/V.

pprogram said:   Thank for reminding me about the $10 coupon for a $100 MC purchase at a safeway store.

Here in TX, Randall's, a safeway store, is offering 4x Gas Reward promos through Dec 15 according to my call to the 800 number. So buy 10 $100 MC for 1059.50 get 10 $10 Catalinas (expiration date a factor) get 4000 Gas Reward points (100 points = .10 gas savings) or $4/gal limited to $2 per redemption at the pump. Then use them to buy $1000 SPLS GC and get 4X Gas Rewards again, now $8/gal or $2 for four fill-ups. Based on my almost empty 19 gallon fill that equals $152 in fuel savings between now and Dec 31. The $59.50 MC activation charge is offset by the $100 in $10 Catalinas + my measly 2% grocery Cash Back (100 +20 - 59.50)so that is $60.50 + $152 = 212.50 benefit before I get to SPLS to buy the MC/V.

Wait. Are you thinking of buying $1000 SPLS GC to spend on VISA/MC ? I don't think you can buy GC with SPLS GC. But I like the way you are thinking. I bought $2000 MC today at Kroger. Yes, they give points on MC just like on food, no 2x or 4x though. Got 2000 gas points for $2 off per gal limit 35 gal= $70 $120 back AMEX. Will spend some of this for Staples GC deal. Then I will spend the cards from Staples at Kroger on various other GC's that will earn 4X points, so will get another 2000 gas points for $500 of Lowes, restaurant, etc. What a great FW way of thinking. Much more profitable than the .1% the bank gives me. I see I need to learn how to quote correctly.

visa
Disclaimer
respdoc said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   

Kiss it. If you can figure it out....I'll give you a virtual cookie.

It's confusing that they put the GoWallet stickers right on the front of the cards. That's just a gift card tracker. You need to go to http://www.giftcardmall.com/mygift to register the Visa Debit cards that look like this.

metsfan said:   

It's confusing that they put the GoWallet stickers right on the front of the cards. That's just a gift card tracker. You need to go to http://www.giftcardmall.com/mygift to register the Visa Debit cards that look like this.

Mine are Mastercard. Also I did register on the back of the card...but it must not update correctly...since my Serve account still says the addresses don't match when the card is entered. (even though I'm positive the addresses inputted for both are identical).

respdoc said:   metsfan said:   

Mine are Mastercard.

Try http://www.mygiftcardsite.com. Or look at the back of the card in the fine print, it should have a website. Unfortunately, if it is mygiftcardsite, those don't work with Serve (I think.)

metsfan said:   respdoc said:   metsfan said:   

Mine are Mastercard.

Try http://www.mygiftcardsite.com. Or look at the back of the card in the fine print, it should have a website. Unfortunately, if it is mygiftcardsite, those don't work with Serve (I think.)

they work with serve

skayo said:   I bought $2000 MC today at Kroger. Yes, they give points on MC just like on food, no 2x or 4x though. Got 2000 gas points for $2 off per gal limit 35 gal= $70

Forgot all about Kroger; I grocery shop so little.

For buying gc's at Kroger like QuikTrip (fuel) and Lowes ... is there an additional service fee charged, like with V or MC?

Can the fuel point discount of $2/gal / 35 gal limit be applied to multiple fill ups (totalling < 35 gal)?

camar0 said:   metsfan said:   respdoc said:   metsfan said:   

Mine are Mastercard.

they work with serve

To add as a debit card, or to send money to someone else using it as a credit card?

FatRick said:   skayo said:   I bought $2000 MC today at Kroger. Yes, they give points on MC just like on food, no 2x or 4x though. Got 2000 gas points for $2 off per gal limit 35 gal= $70

For buying gc's at Kroger like QuikTrip (fuel) and Lowes ... is there an additional service fee charged, like with V or MC?

Can the fuel point discount of $2/gal / 35 gal limit be applied to multiple fill ups (totalling < 35 gal)?

IIRC, its only for on transaction up to 35 gal, and if you get cut off at 75 bucks or whatever amount pumps like to stop you at if you don't authorize inside, you are SOL. That is for Kroger fuel stations only, Shell stations only allow a 10c/gal discount at a time.

Can't wait to go to Staples tomorrow morning. Should have seen this earlier, oh well.

Yes there is a $5.95 fee on the variable load Mastercard.
No, the fuel must be purchased in one fill up. But, my family will plan to meet and share the pump.
FatRick said:   skayo said:   I bought $2000 MC today at Kroger. Yes, they give points on MC just like on food, no 2x or 4x though. Got 2000 gas points for $2 off per gal limit 35 gal= $70

SER site back up.

Rebate site is back -- submitted 2nd rebate (first 3x$200 still showing $135 GC)

2nd 3x$200 rebate shows pending so it might take a few hrs to update the amount

Submitted 2nd rebate (2 X $200 GC showing $75 Staples GC is pending.)

skayo said:   Yes there is a $5.95 fee on the variable load Mastercard.

But no fees on the Lowes or fuel cards?

jatan1986 said:   Rebate site is back -- submitted 2nd rebate (first 3x$200 still showing $135 GC)

Are your sets of 3x$200 on the same address?

dukerau said:   jatan1986 said:   Rebate site is back -- submitted 2nd rebate (first 3x$200 still showing $135 GC)

Are your sets of 3x$200 on the same address?
Yep -- decided to risk it with 3x$200 instead of 2x$200 for my 2nd purchase

No fees on fuel or gift cards. They have phone cards too.

I am little worried that I purchased 3 x $200 GC and the rebate info is as follow:

Submission date: 11/12/12
Easy Rebate ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Product(s): Get a $15 Staples Gift Card on Purchase of $100 or more on Visa and Mastercard Gift Cards at Staples Stores Only

No where in the tracking status shows the total amount for the rebate. The confirmation email about the rebate also didn't state the total amount. Is anyone in the same boat here? Thank you for your help.

hkguyatus said:   I am little worried that I purchased 3 x $200 GC and the rebate info is as follow:

Product(s): Get a $15 Staples Gift Card on Purchase of $100 or more on Visa and Mastercard Gift Cards at Staples Stores Only

No where in the tracking status shows the total amount for the rebate. The confirmation email about the rebate also didn't state the total amount. Is anyone in the same boat here? Thank you for your help.
When did you make this purchase? It takes 3-4 hours for the transaction detail to get to Parago in order for them to validate the rebate and show the purchase amount. Since the site was down for a couple of hours it could be longer.

mathfaster said:   hkguyatus said:   I am little worried that I purchased 3 x $200 GC and the rebate info is as follow:

When did you make this purchase? It takes 3-4 hours for the transaction detail to get to Parago in order for them to validate the rebate and show the purchase amount. Since the site was down for a couple of hours it could be longer.

I submitted the rebate when the rebate website came back at around 11:05pm EST. Guess I will chill for now. Thank you

hkguyatus said:   mathfaster said:   hkguyatus said:   I am little worried that I purchased 3 x $200 GC and the rebate info is as follow:

I submitted the rebate when the rebate website came back at around 11:05pm EST. Guess I will chill for now. Thank you

I submitted my rebates after the site came back. And I see 135 for 3 200 cards and 75 for 2 200 cards. So still looking good.

FYI ... I actually read the T&C of the Visa gift card purchased today; there are no additional fees applied, and the card is good through the exp date on it ... mine is Jan 2020.

Now to figure out how to maximize earning the FW way .... thanks for the heads up on the Kroger options skayo.

New rewards are posted.

jatan1986 said:   Rebate site is back -- submitted 2nd rebate (first 3x$200 still showing $135 GC)

Rebate status updated -- both 3x$200 purchases are showing $135 GC each ($270 total)

Can anyone tell me how they transfer those visa GC to serve account and withdraw to the bank? Are there any transaction fees involved?

jatan1986 said:   jatan1986 said:   Rebate site is back -- submitted 2nd rebate (first 3x$200 still showing $135 GC)
Rebate status updated -- both 3x$200 purchases are showing $135 GC each ($270 total)
Purchases over the limit take a day or two to invalidate.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014