• 1 2 34516
  • Page
  • Text Only
c3 said:   mathfaster said:   Now to find when the holiday return period starts and ends.

I believe it's Thanksgiving through Christmas.
Actually, IIRC, it extends for 2 weeks past XMas. Believe last year it ended 1/6/2012. They usually put the dates in their return FAQs but I checked and it is not there as yet. It may even start earlier than Thanksgiving. Don't remember. The email blast they sent out yesterday talks about deals starting 11/18 and to watch your inbox. Am also guessing there will be no preview event for premier members like there was last year. Wasn't much attendance when I went to check it out.

ETA: Here is last year's return policy. I checked my rebates from last year and one I submitted on 11/19 I got in December so Thanksgiving may mark the beginning for the rebate hold period. Last year I submitted rebates on 11/2411 and did not get the rebate until 1/13/12.

"Holiday Return Policy

Any electronic or furniture product, which usually fall within the 14-day return policy, purchased between 11/13/11 and 12/24/11 may be returned until 1/8/12 or as regular policy allows, whichever is later. This applies to all electronic and furniture products within Staples regularly posted 14-day return policy.
All electronic and furniture purchases made on or after 12/26/11 will observe our existing return policy.
All other terms and conditions of our return policy apply.

my4mainecoons said:   ...$100 Visa/MC gc - activation fee => $9.05 MMAR ...
net $29.05 MM per $100 initial outlay.
What's MM? Money Made? Money & Merchandise? Go easy on *this* senior member.

scripta said:   my4mainecoons said:   ...$100 Visa/MC gc - activation fee => $9.05 MMAR ...
net $29.05 MM per $100 initial outlay.
What's MM? Money Made? Money & Merchandise? Go easy on *this* senior member.

Or Money Maker.

metsfan said:   radiation said:   My store has the visa version in a $200 card with $6.95 fee. I Wonder if buying this would get a $30 Staples card.

It did not on the previous round last month.

Did you purchase a $200 card yourself, or did someone else report it? Two $50 cards were eligible for one rebate, so I would be surprised if a $200 card would not be eligible for two rebates. I don't think anyone on FW found a $200 MC last time.

c3 said:   metsfan said:   radiation said:   My store has the visa version in a $200 card with $6.95 fee. I Wonder if buying this would get a $30 Staples card.

It did not on the previous round last month.

Did you purchase a $200 card yourself, or did someone else report it? Two $50 cards were eligible for one rebate, so I would be surprised if a $200 card would not be eligible for two rebates. I don't think anyone on FW found a $200 MC last time.

Someone else reported it, I think maybe on SD. My store didn't have any above $100.

my4mainecoons said:   Any reason one couldn't pay the activation fee w/ Staples gc?
Buy $100 Visa/MC gc, pay $100 w/ MC gc from last time. Pay $5.95 w/ Staples gc.

Last time when i tried to buy the MC gc with a regular CC and was told by the cashier that the store has just changed the policy to dis-allow CC to purchase gc. So only cash can be used to purchase gc, she said. I'm not sure though if the policy change she was referring to applies to that particular Staple store or to all Staples.

Terms on the MasterCard gift cards. I purchased a Mastercard today at Von's(safeway). It was issued by US Bank National Association. Same issuer of the Staples MasterCard.

"U.S. Bank will deduct from your balance an inactivity fee of $2.00 per month after 12 consecutive months of inactivity, except where prohibited by state law."

To use online REGISTER your card at www.mygiftcardsite.com before you make an online purchase.

c3 said:   Can I used multiple prepaid credit/debit cards to pay for a single transaction? If so, does the register automatically detect the remaining balance, or do I have to tell the cashier to charge a specific amount?

From my experience, the Staples registers can tell exactly how much is left on the prepaid debit card and will charge that amount and then prompt for payment for the remaining balance. However, one time I tried to buy Visa/MC GC's using multiple rebate cards, and the cashier voided out the transaction and told me that I can't use prepaid cards to buy prepaid cards. The register allowed it, but the cashier refused to continue the purchase. So it's YMMV if you're trying to buy these Visa/MC's using multiple prepaid cards.

niniss said:   my4mainecoons said:   Any reason one couldn't pay the activation fee w/ Staples gc?
Buy $100 Visa/MC gc, pay $100 w/ MC gc from last time. Pay $5.95 w/ Staples gc.

Last time when i tried to buy the MC gc with a regular CC and was told by the cashier that the store has just changed the policy to dis-allow CC to purchase gc. So only cash can be used to purchase gc, she said. I'm not sure though if the policy change she was referring to applies to that particular Staple store or to all Staples.

I hope that's not the case at all Staples stores. I ran into that same problem at Rite Aid (I was told I could only use cash or debit card). For doing this Staples deal, I don't plan on using multiple cards to pay for my purchase, as I don't want to draw any unneeded attention to the purchase.

I wonder if you could buy instore at kiosk paying with Staples rewards(since the online system accepts that form of payment) and pay the balance at register, and get the $15?

mrlandlord said:   I wonder if you could buy instore at kiosk paying with Staples rewards(since the online system accepts that form of payment) and pay the balance at register, and get the $15?

You can't even buy prepaid Visa/Mastercards through the in-store Kiosk so I would say no.

Is the limit 10 on the MasterCards like last time?

HOW TO TURN THIS $9.05 MM into a $29.05 MM (read below):

As my4mainecoons posted earlier, these MasterCards can be used at Rite Aid on Black Friday weekend to buy $50 Home Improvement cards and you will get a $10 coupon back, which is valid for 14 days, to buy almost anything at Rite Aid. So you can make $9.05 at Staples for buying the MasterCard and then you can use it to buy a couple of Home Improvement cards at Rite Aid and make another $20 with no additional money outlay. Then you can take the Home Improvement cards to Lowes and use them to buy gift cards for other retailers, such as Staples or many others.

YMMV on Rite Aid allowing you to purchase gift cards with a credit card though. If they allow it the system will process the transaction, but some Rite Aids have been known to insist on payment with either cash or debit card.

By the way, the Home Improvement gift cards are Discover-branded and have no fees whatsoever (inactivity fees or any other fee) and the funds never expire. So it is very safe to convert your MasterCards to these Home Improvement cards.

Click here to find out more about the Home Improvement card.

MrVietnam said:   Is the limit 10 on the MasterCards like last time?

won't be known til 3-6AM Sun et mr v when the new rebates offers are uploaded.

MISTERCHEAP said:   MrVietnam said:   Is the limit 10 on the MasterCards like last time?

won't be known til 3-6AM Sun et mr v when the new rebates offers are uploaded.
Rebates are posted at 1 AM EST Sunday 11/11 or 10 PM PST Saturday 11/10. Online deals go live usually starting at 3 AM EST on Sunday 11/11 or later at times.

Thanks MisterCheap and mathfaster for the quick reply.

Can I use CC to buy the GC?

woomanhei said:   Can I use CC to buy the GC?

No, Staples only accepts the blood of virgins now.

Signed,

Management team from Hell, TX

woomanhei said:   Can I use CC to buy the GC?Depends on the store AFAIK.

Is there a monthly fee with these cards? Other prepaid cards issued by MetaBank appear to, hence why I ask. That could really affect the value of this deal.

Also any Point of Sale fees?

Sounds like the MasterCard (issued by another bank) doesn't, but good to know if either do.

asuka said:   Is there a monthly fee with these cards? Other prepaid cards issued by MetaBank appear to, hence why I ask. That could really affect the value of this deal.

Also any Point of Sale fees?

Sounds like the MasterCard (issued by another bank) doesn't, but good to know if either do.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1232603/m17312431/#m17...

$5.95 activation fee on $100 card.

Limit 10 on the Mastercard/visa rebate per name/address/household. Offer good through 11/24.

mathfaster said:   Limit 10 on the Mastercard/visa rebate per name/address/household. Offer good through 11/24.

With 10 card purchases, $59.50 for the fees, earned $150 Staples GC. I can still earn $90.50 Staples GC for free. Not a bad deal.

woomanhei said:   mathfaster said:   Limit 10 on the Mastercard/visa rebate per name/address/household. Offer good through 11/24.

With 10 card purchases, $59.50 for the fees, earned $150 Staples GC. I can still earn $90.50 Staples GC for free. Not a bad deal.
The money is not bad. The challenge is using all those mc/visa gcs for me. Thankfully there is AP.

mathfaster said:   woomanhei said:   mathfaster said:   Limit 10 on the Mastercard/visa rebate per name/address/household. Offer good through 11/24.

The money is not bad. The challenge is using all those mc/visa gcs for me. Thankfully there is AP.

AP??

idealguru said:   mathfaster said:   woomanhei said:   mathfaster said:   Limit 10 on the Mastercard/visa rebate per name/address/household. Offer good through 11/24.

AP??

Amazon Payments

mathfaster said:   Limit 10 on the Mastercard/visa rebate per name/address/household. Offer good through 11/24.

Good news! A lot of free money to be earned here. Now here's hoping they restocked from last month when they did this before and many of the Staples were wiped out of their $100 MasterCards. I plan on buying a new bed at Christmastime so this will work out fine for me as I have a big ticket item purchase coming up. I can just as easily pay for it using $100 MasterCards as I could with using a regular credit card. This deal may be hard for some who don't have a big cash flow of available money each month to work with.

Deleted

MrVietnam said:   mathfaster said:   Limit 10 on the Mastercard/visa rebate per name/address/household. Offer good through 11/24.

Good news! A lot of free money to be earned here. Now here's hoping they restocked from last month when they did this before and many of the Staples were wiped out of their $100 MasterCards. I plan on buying a new bed at Christmastime so this will work out fine for me as I have a big ticket item purchase coming up. I can just as easily pay for it using $100 MasterCards as I could with using a regular credit card. This deal may be hard for some who don't have a big cash flow of available money each month to work with.

Most regular CC would double the warranty (up to 1 yr) on your purchases. Do the prepaid cards do that?

confused200 said:   MrVietnam said:   mathfaster said:   Limit 10 on the Mastercard/visa rebate per name/address/household. Offer good through 11/24.

Most regular CC would double the warranty (up to 1 yr) on your purchases. Do the prepaid cards do that?

LOL, people are funny. no they don't.

so the deal is to buy 10 of these in 1 transaction or maybe 5 of the 200 cards, submit the easy rebate, use the cards at OfficeMax on BF to buy their mc/visa's(they may or may not stick to the 1 card limit) then go to RA buy 2 $50 home improvement cards per trip X 5 trips.
I aint doin the math but pretty slick though alotta work!

mrlandlord said:   so the deal is to buy 10 of these in 1 transaction or maybe 5 of the 200 cards, submit the easy rebate, use the cards at OfficeMax on BF to buy their mc/visa's(they may or may not stick to the 1 card limit) then go to RA buy 2 $50 home improvement cards per trip X 5 trips.

only issue can be:

some stores require cash or debit cards for GC purchases, even some Rite Aids/Staples, etc. so be prepared for that if you are using these to churn for other gc deals in the weeks to come.

MISTERCHEAP said:   mrlandlord said:   so the deal is to buy 10 of these in 1 transaction or maybe 5 of the 200 cards, submit the easy rebate, use the cards at OfficeMax on BF to buy their mc/visa's(they may or may not stick to the 1 card limit) then go to RA buy 2 $50 home improvement cards per trip X 5 trips.

only issue can be:

some stores require cash or debit cards for GC purchases, even some Rite Aids/Staples, etc. so be prepared for that if you are using these to churn for other gc deals in the weeks to come.

Good point, MisterCheap. YMMV on your store (whether it be Staples or Rite Aid) allowing you to use a credit card to pay for gift cards. I will add that caveat to my post above. Even if Rite Aid doesn't allow you to use a credit card to pay for the Home Improvement card, you haven't lost any money...so maybe it is worth a try at a couple just to see. It might work better if you have a mixed order and are buying a few other items too and not just solely trying to churn for other gc deals. In the past some Rite Aids have allowed me to use a credit card to buy a gift card while others have not. A lot depends on the cashier you get too.

so, can we buy 5 $200 gc?

sunspotzsz said:   so, can we buy 5 $200 gc?

You can, but the only question is whether that will qualify you for 5 or 10 Staples Easy Rebates. We need someone to try it and "take one for the team." What is the activation fee on a $200 card? The $100 card is $5.95.

EDIT: It looks like your question has been answered by metsfan on page 1. He said a $200 MasterCard did NOT qualify for 2 rebates last time around, so it is probably the same this time around also.

MrVietnam said:    We need someone to try it and "take one for the team."

Great idea. Let us know when you bought them.

MrVietnam said:   sunspotzsz said:   so, can we buy 5 $200 gc?

You can, but the only question is whether that will qualify you for 5 or 10 Staples Easy Rebates. We need someone to try it and "take one for the team." What is the activation fee on a $200 card? The $100 card is $5.95.

EDIT: It looks like your question has been answered by metsfan on page 1. He said a $200 MasterCard did NOT qualify for 2 rebates last time around, so it is probably the same this time around also.

i meant buy $200 gc and get the double $100 rebate

the fee for 200 is $6.95, so not much cost for trial.

I will probably do it. will just get 5 $200 cards and see

sunspotzsz said:   

Why don't you buy only one first to see how it turns out and how many rebates you get. You are guaranteed to get at least one rebate from the purchase. You would only be out a $1 more in activation fees and $100 more to spend in gift cards.

MrVietnam said:   sunspotzsz said:   

Why don't you buy only one first to see how it turns out and how many rebates you get. You are guaranteed to get at least one rebate from the purchase.

You would have to submit the rebate to see if you qualified for 1 or 2 $15 Staples cards, no?

Scifiguy123 said:   MrVietnam said:   sunspotzsz said:   

Why don't you buy only one first to see how it turns out and how many rebates you get. You are guaranteed to get at least one rebate from the purchase.

You would have to submit the rebate to see if you qualified for 1 or 2 $15 Staples cards, no?
Yes you would. If you buy in-store and submit the rebate, you should know in about 2-3 hours normally when the system has done the initial validation of the rebate.

MrVietnam said:   sunspotzsz said:   

Why don't you buy only one first to see how it turns out and how many rebates you get. You are guaranteed to get at least one rebate from the purchase. You would only be out a $1 more in activation fees and $100 more to spend in gift cards.

Sure, I will do it. I am heading to the Staples in a minute. If i can find $200 visa gc, I will buy it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014