• Text Only
anyone been able to buy the mc giftcards with Staples gift cards and get the rebates?

Is the common experience that SPLS GCs will not be accepted for the MC/V GC purchase? Or is YMMV?

I heard that they did. I tried today but the cashier wouldn't even try to scan it. I asked her and she called the manager over who said no. Probably YMMV.

cypheresque said:   anyone been able to buy the mc giftcards with Staples gift cards and get the rebates?

cypheresque said:   anyone been able to buy the mc giftcards with Staples gift cards and get the rebates?IF they sell it to you, you'd be fine for the rebate... the problem is they're not supposed to let you buy prepaid/gift cards with gift cards.

It was reported earlier in the thread that you could use staple gift cards to pay for the activation fees of the gift cards, but not the actual gift cards. I tried to replicate today but cashier shot it down

At 2:22PM Eastern I bought

2x$200
3x$200

and I just submitted the rebates, and it came back with

1x$135
1x$75

With my 5% AMEX CashBack I make a few dollars every time I buy a $200 card. I might buy 5 more just to see what happens. Anyone done this? 10x$200?

ganda said:   ...With my 5% AMEX CashBack I make a few dollars every time I buy a $200 card. I might buy 5 more just to see what happens. Anyone done this? 10x$200?Not that I have seen here or on that other forum. Safest would be that if you buy a second round to do the rebates under a totally different name/address/phone number in case the limit is really $150 per SER account. If that is an option.

ETA: Yes, someone on that other forum is now reporting "i tried 10 x $200 and it works 3-3-3-1 or $135-$135-$135-$30 all valid so far (24 hours later)"

The double posting on some rebates where the $200 VISA line was duplicated for every line has been corrected per a post on that other forum. Rebate amounts are still glitched but they did fix that line duplication supposedly.

mathfaster said:   The double posting on some rebates where the $200 VISA line was duplicated for every line on some rebates has been corrected per a post on that other forum. Rebate amounts are still glitched but they did fix that problem supposedly.Looks like it was -- both of my 3x$200 show $135 each

Danzilla said:   cypheresque said:   anyone been able to buy the mc giftcards with Staples gift cards and get the rebates?IF they sell it to you, you'd be fine for the rebate... the problem is they're not supposed to let you buy prepaid/gift cards with gift cards.

you can use Staples gift cards only on the transaction fees... did it a couple days ago...

camar0 said:   Danzilla said:   cypheresque said:   anyone been able to buy the mc giftcards with Staples gift cards and get the rebates?IF they sell it to you, you'd be fine for the rebate... the problem is they're not supposed to let you buy prepaid/gift cards with gift cards.

you can use Staples gift cards only on the transaction fees... did it a couple days ago...

I think at this point it is safe to say that cash or debit to buy prepaid cards will work at any $taples store.

Buying these or even paying the activation fee with credit cards, gift cards, gold bullion, livestock ect is strictly YMMV and you'll just have to try it yourself. Even if it worked for you today, there is no guarentee it will work tomorrow at the same store with the same cashier....

jatan1986 said:   mathfaster said:   The double posting on some rebates where the $200 VISA line was duplicated for every line on some rebates has been corrected per a post on that other forum. Rebate amounts are still glitched but they did fix that problem supposedly.Looks like it was -- both of my 3x$200 show $135 each

I know it is/was a mistake , however, how did Staples ER end up with a $135 value on a transaction that should be $90 (3x200 = 600 = 6x15=90)?

FatRick said:   jatan1986 said:   mathfaster said:   The double posting on some rebates where the $200 VISA line was duplicated for every line on some rebates has been corrected per a post on that other forum. Rebate amounts are still glitched but they did fix that problem supposedly.Looks like it was -- both of my 3x$200 show $135 each

I know it is/was a mistake , however, how did Staples ER end up with a $135 value on a transaction that should be $90 (3x200 = 600 = 6x15=90)?
Fortuitous programming. I paid them off. It's a glitch.

warning: "The Rebate Offer Number you entered is no longer valid for online submission."

I just got no longer valid for online submission too??

jasonatq1520radiocom said:   I just got no longer valid for online submission too??

wow, i just did one two hours ago, looks like i was lucky. my guess is they are fixing and will reopen once glitches are corrected.

https://www.stapleseasyrebates.com/promocenter/staples/return_se...

search keyword MASTER CARD

it is now shown as a "MAIL IN REBATE"

camar0 said:   yes must register with gowallet first... also serve only allows 4 visa debit cards linked at a time

Just try again on serve, it didn't allow me to add my Visa GC to my account. (I try to link to debit card)

MISTERCHEAP said:   https://www.stapleseasyrebates.com/promocenter/staples/return_se...

If that stays like that, I interpret that as they cannot or have decided to not fix their glitch with the amounts. They will control the amounts via the mail in process. I assume those already submitted with go through. Not sure if they will let them be or correct the amounts in due time. Will need to keep an eye on them in case of need to submit by mail.

mathfaster said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   https://www.stapleseasyrebates.com/promocenter/staples/return_se...

If that stays like that, I interpret that as they cannot or have decided to not fix their glitch with the amounts. They will control the amounts via the mail in process. I assume those already submitted with go through. Not sure if they will let them be or correct the amounts in due time. Will need to keep an eye on them in case of need to submit by mail.

yeah, it's strange. one thing to pull down the website to correct the amounts, another to change the rebate on the rebate site from easy to mail in. We may see a new rebate issued which starts tomorrow 11/15, and that either may be a mail in or back to an easy with limits lowered to 1 from 10. All conjecture on my part, but I do recall a few rebate changed mid-stream earlier this year (perhaps some trend micros or something? maybe you remember the details mathfaster?)

mathfaster said:   If that stays like that, I interpret that as they cannot or have decided to not fix their glitch with the amounts. They will control the amounts via the mail in process. I assume those already submitted with go through. Not sure if they will let them be or correct the amounts in due time. Will need to keep an eye on them in case of need to submit by mail.Amount correction in progress. Each of my single $200 SERs went from $30 to $75 (also showed 2 cards purchased) and are now back to $30.

MISTERCHEAP said:   mathfaster said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   https://www.stapleseasyrebates.com/promocenter/staples/return_se...

yeah, it's strange. one thing to pull down the website to correct the amounts, another to change the rebate on the rebate site from easy to mail in. We may see a new rebate issued which starts tomorrow 11/15, and that either may be a mail in or back to an easy with limits lowered to 1 from 10. All conjecture on my part, but I do recall a few rebate changed mid-stream earlier this year (perhaps some trend micros or something? maybe you remember the details mathfaster?)
According to a post on that other forum they should fix the issue in the next 24 hours. You could be right about a change. The only ones I remember changing mid-stream was one for some ream paper and some McAfee rebates August 2011 that were screwed up online and then changed to an in-store only rebate. They did that mid-week and started a new rebate for the duration.

#1 1 x $100 GC ($15 Rebate)
#2 2 x $200 GC ($75 Rebate)
#3 2 x $200 GC ($75 Rebate) It was $150 rebate last night. I guess they fix it.
#4 1 x $100 GC ($15 Rebate)

If this is the final, I still earned $30 more Staples GC.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   mathfaster said:   If that stays like that, I interpret that as they cannot or have decided to not fix their glitch with the amounts. They will control the amounts via the mail in process. I assume those already submitted with go through. Not sure if they will let them be or correct the amounts in due time. Will need to keep an eye on them in case of need to submit by mail.Amount correction in progress. Each of my single $200 SERs went from $30 to $75 (also showed 2 cards purchased) and are now back to $30.Yes, they fixed the duplicate line issue earlier today. That was caused by the rebate outage on Monday and the duplication of lines on some rebates causing the rebate amounts to go up.

woomanhei said:   camar0 said:   yes must register with gowallet first... also serve only allows 4 visa debit cards linked at a time

Just try again on serve, it didn't allow me to add my Visa GC to my account. (I try to link to debit card)

just added another 200 from the gift card, no issues....

When they changed the offer to mail in, they updated the time to receive the rebate to 6-9 weeks from 4-6 weeks.

camar0 said:   Products Purchased:
$200 VISA GIFT
$200 VISA GIFT
$100 VISA

Validation in progress.

* Staples Gift Card for $90.00

HmMmMMmmmm...... should have been 75... unless these are manual entries by a person and they assumed 3 200....

EXACT same result for me, bought same cards, got $90 prompt, I hope they adjust to $75 and just not block/deny the rebate.

I'm traveling and have been to multiple stores in different states. Every time I tried rolling over the GC purchase, it didn't work. Tried buying 2x$200 with previous $100 cards, and register rejected card payment, asking for different method. So I just used AMEX to pay, which was no problem. But I WAS able to buy a single $100 MC with a $200 visa from previous purchase. Seems the higher amounts invalidated the payment method and the cashier got confused. Probably could have gotten it to work, but line was backing up.

And the FW effect is in place, as last 2 stores were cleaned out of the $200 visas, 1 in Charlotte, 1 in Knoxville

flipr said:   I'm traveling and have been to multiple stores in different states. Every time I tried rolling over the GC purchase, it didn't work. Tried buying 2x$200 with previous $100 cards, and register rejected card payment, asking for different method. So I just used AMEX to pay, which was no problem. But I WAS able to buy a single $100 MC with a $200 visa from previous purchase. Seems the higher amounts invalidated the payment method and the cashier got confused. Probably could have gotten it to work, but line was backing up.

And the FW effect is in place, as last 2 stores were cleaned out of the $200 visas, 1 in Charlotte, 1 in Knoxville

In my case, I bought a mix of MC and Visa. I successfully rolled them all over, but for one of the two (I don't remember which) the card got rejected unless the cashier manually entered the amount to be applied to that card (in my case $100). I did this across three stores, and in all cases the cashier only briefly hiccupped on it but quickly figured it out. I assume that this was because the purchase amount was greater than the available balance. Likewise, I had trouble using these at a restaurant, presumably because they preauthorized for greater than the balance on the card. I believe gas pumps present the same problem.

Adam

Anyone else getting:

"The Rebate Offer Number you entered is no longer valid for online submission."

JoyOfCoupons said:   Anyone else getting:

"The Rebate Offer Number you entered is no longer valid for online submission."
This has been going on since yesterday evening. Rebate has been changed to mail-in rebate for now. Per chat from some posts, it should be fixed within 24 hours. No guarantees.

I did manager to submit my rebates , now it shows " validation in progress".. I bought cards and submitted the rebates yesterday .. heard one of the managers tell the associate's to just accept debit cards , associate had already processed mine with a CC

phatwalletguy said:   I did manager to submit my rebates , now it shows " validation in progress".. I bought cards and submitted the rebates yesterday .. heard one of the managers tell the associate's to just accept debit cards , associate had already processed mine with a CCPer a post about someone chatting with the Rebate people on that other forum, the online submission should be reactivated in four hours. One assumes they are fixing their glitch with the rebate amounts. We shall see.

mathfaster said:   phatwalletguy said:   I did manager to submit my rebates , now it shows " validation in progress".. I bought cards and submitted the rebates yesterday .. heard one of the managers tell the associate's to just accept debit cards , associate had already processed mine with a CCPer a post about someone chatting with the Rebate people on that other forum, the online submission should be reactivated in four hours. One assumes they are fixing their glitch with the rebate amounts. We shall see.

yeah, that bum, "HELLO Staples CHAT, the rebate is broken, I'm just alerting you, when will it be fixed?" some people just NEVER learn.

MISTERCHEAP said:   mathfaster said:   phatwalletguy said:   I did manager to submit my rebates , now it shows " validation in progress".. I bought cards and submitted the rebates yesterday .. heard one of the managers tell the associate's to just accept debit cards , associate had already processed mine with a CCPer a post about someone chatting with the Rebate people on that other forum, the online submission should be reactivated in four hours. One assumes they are fixing their glitch with the rebate amounts. We shall see.

yeah, that bum, "HELLO Staples CHAT, the rebate is broken, I'm just alerting you, when will it be fixed?" some people just NEVER learn.
I was going to contact them myself much much later today but just ask it in a different way but I figured I'd wait to see what got posted for the rebate. I really did not see any harm in what they did. They didn't say squat about glitchy amounts.

mathfaster said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   mathfaster said:   phatwalletguy said:   I did manager to submit my rebates , now it shows " validation in progress".. I bought cards and submitted the rebates yesterday .. heard one of the managers tell the associate's to just accept debit cards , associate had already processed mine with a CCPer a post about someone chatting with the Rebate people on that other forum, the online submission should be reactivated in four hours. One assumes they are fixing their glitch with the rebate amounts. We shall see.

I was going to contact them myself much much later today but just ask it in a different way but I figured I'd wait to see what got posted for the rebate. I really did not see any harm in what they did. They didn't say squat about glitchy amounts.

Exactly. Not that it matters anyway...to think that Staples is not aware of the issue at this point is pretty naive.

Online rebate submission has returned. No longer a mail-in rebate but from posts the glitchy amounts are still being calculated. Nothing has changed except the rebate submission is back online. Weird. Since nothing has changed externally, most likely a fix to something internally having nothing to do with amounts but their ability to allow online submissions. Just a guess.

mathfaster said:   phatwalletguy said:   I did manager to submit my rebates , now it shows " validation in progress".. I bought cards and submitted the rebates yesterday .. heard one of the managers tell the associate's to just accept debit cards , associate had already processed mine with a CCPer a post about someone chatting with the Rebate people on that other forum, the online submission should be reactivated in four hours. One assumes they are fixing their glitch with the rebate amounts. We shall see.

Thanks

Staples Easy Rebate website is donw as of 9:33PM PDST -
Please bear with us...

...as we work to provide you better service. We are in the process of upgrading our technology and applications to provide you with a more rewarding experience. We should have the work completed soon.

Thank you for your patience, and please check back later.

If you need immediate customer service, please call 1-877-266-6483.

Go to Staples.com

Dano

flipr said:   I'm traveling and have been to multiple stores in different states. Every time I tried rolling over the GC purchase, it didn't work. Tried buying 2x$200 with previous $100 cards, and register rejected card payment, asking for different method. So I just used AMEX to pay, which was no problem. But I WAS able to buy a single $100 MC with a $200 visa from previous purchase. Seems the higher amounts invalidated the payment method and the cashier got confused. Probably could have gotten it to work, but line was backing up.

A simple way to wash/rinse/repeat is to buy a $100 VISA at Staples for the $15 GC and use the VISA at safeway to buy a $100 Mastercard and get the $10/$10 coupon. Worked flawlessly earlier this evening with the exception of SER website being down.

Dano

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014