• Text Only
DanoMcGarret said:   flipr said:   I'm traveling and have been to multiple stores in different states. Every time I tried rolling over the GC purchase, it didn't work. Tried buying 2x$200 with previous $100 cards, and register rejected card payment, asking for different method. So I just used AMEX to pay, which was no problem. But I WAS able to buy a single $100 MC with a $200 visa from previous purchase. Seems the higher amounts invalidated the payment method and the cashier got confused. Probably could have gotten it to work, but line was backing up.

And the FW effect is in place, as last 2 stores were cleaned out of the $200 visas, 1 in Charlotte, 1 in Knoxville
A simple way to wash/rinse/repeat is to buy a $100 VISA at Staples for the $15 GC and use the VISA at safeway to buy a $100 Mastercard and get the $10/$10 coupon. Worked flawlessly earlier this evening with the exception of SER website being down.

Dano


I thought this catalina coupon thing ended last week. I just might have to go out there and get me another $100 gift card.

SuperOcean said:   DanoMcGarret said:   flipr said:   I'm traveling and have been to multiple stores in different states. Every time I tried rolling over the GC purchase, it didn't work. Tried buying 2x$200 with previous $100 cards, and register rejected card payment, asking for different method. So I just used AMEX to pay, which was no problem. But I WAS able to buy a single $100 MC with a $200 visa from previous purchase. Seems the higher amounts invalidated the payment method and the cashier got confused. Probably could have gotten it to work, but line was backing up.

And the FW effect is in place, as last 2 stores were cleaned out of the $200 visas, 1 in Charlotte, 1 in Knoxville
A simple way to wash/rinse/repeat is to buy a $100 VISA at Staples for the $15 GC and use the VISA at safeway to buy a $100 Mastercard and get the $10/$10 coupon. Worked flawlessly earlier this evening with the exception of SER website being down.

Dano


I thought this catalina coupon thing ended last week. I just might have to go out there and get me another $100 gift card.
MC Catalina offer is valid 11/4/12-12/1/12 at safeway.

Dano

DanoMcGarret said:   Staples Easy Rebate website is donw as of 9:33PM PDST -
Please bear with us...

...as we work to provide you better service. We are in the process of upgrading our technology and applications to provide you with a more rewarding experience. We should have the work completed soon.

Thank you for your patience, and please check back later.

If you need immediate customer service, please call 1-877-266-6483.

Go to Staples.com

Dano
Back up and accepting SER for the MC GC as of 11/16/12 12:30AM PDST.

Dano

So far this week I've bought three $200 cards and four $100 cards. Not sure if I should buy three more $200 cards or not, since it's unclear exactly what they mean by "limit of 10 rebates". Since I've already bought $1000 worth of cards, I might be at the limit, but if they're allowing the purchase of 10 cards, then I would be able to get the rebate for 3 more.

I bought 2 $200 cards. My Easy Rebates online submission status email says that I have a $75 dollar Staples gift card pending. That'll cover the $6.95 fees plus $60. I'll take it!!

Just bought 4x $200 & 2x $100; no problems submitting the easy rebates; I'll update when I get a amount calculated.

EDIT: My rebate just updated. Staples Gift card for $150 is showing as the reward.

munkyxtc said:   Just bought 4x $200 & 2x $100; no problems submitting the easy rebates; I'll update when I get a amount calculated.4x$200 will have $150 rebate and 2X$100 will be for $30.

Do you post all the easy rebates separately? like a 3x$200 purchase gets a rebate submission and a 2x$200 rebate gets a submission under the same info?

EDIT: I've never done an easy rebate before

jcmitchell21 said:   Do you post all the easy rebates separately? like a 3x$200 purchase gets a rebate submission and a 2x$200 rebate gets a submission under the same info?

EDIT: I've never done an easy rebate before
One rebate submission per purchase/transaction.

I understand I only get one rebate per transaction. But in submitting, can i put two rebates in one online submission?

jcmitchell21 said:   I understand I only get one rebate per transaction.

That is not what mathfaster said.

c3 said:   jcmitchell21 said:   I understand I only get one rebate per transaction.

That is not what mathfaster said.


I'll take a PM if there is something you're wanting to keep from spoonfeeding the masses.

EDIT: and part of my first question was ... do i submit the two different transactions/rebate id numbers in two separate submissions and use the same info to max the $1000/person/house?

jcmitchell21 said:   c3 said:   jcmitchell21 said:   I understand I only get one rebate per transaction.

That is not what mathfaster said.


I'll take a PM if there is something you're wanting to keep from spoonfeeding the masses.

EDIT: and part of my first question was ... do i submit the two different transactions/rebate id numbers in two separate submissions and use the same info to max the $1000/person/house?
https://www.stapleseasyrebates.com/staples/SplashAction.do?actio... Numbers 4 and 5 apply to your question.

Last time my store was out of these cards, I was able to buy 10 this time, so I'm glad I check the store. Hopefully I can turn these in to more cash for the long term.

jcmitchell21 said:   

I'll take a PM if there is something you're wanting to keep from spoonfeeding the masses.



So are you saying that you'd like someone to contact you directly and tell you what you don't feel like figuring out on your own in order to keep it secret from the others that don't feel like figuring it out on their own?

DanoMcGarret said:   SuperOcean said:   DanoMcGarret said:   flipr said:   I'm traveling and have been to multiple stores in different states. Every time I tried rolling over the GC purchase, it didn't work. Tried buying 2x$200 with previous $100 cards, and register rejected card payment, asking for different method. So I just used AMEX to pay, which was no problem. But I WAS able to buy a single $100 MC with a $200 visa from previous purchase. Seems the higher amounts invalidated the payment method and the cashier got confused. Probably could have gotten it to work, but line was backing up.

And the FW effect is in place, as last 2 stores were cleaned out of the $200 visas, 1 in Charlotte, 1 in Knoxville
A simple way to wash/rinse/repeat is to buy a $100 VISA at Staples for the $15 GC and use the VISA at safeway to buy a $100 Mastercard and get the $10/$10 coupon. Worked flawlessly earlier this evening with the exception of SER website being down.

Dano


I thought this catalina coupon thing ended last week. I just might have to go out there and get me another $100 gift card.
MC Catalina offer is valid 11/4/12-12/1/12 at safeway.

Dano


You still pay a new 5 dollar activation fee right? So basically it nets as 50% off a 10 dollar purchase at safeway basically?

jd2010 said:   ...You still pay a new 5 dollar activation fee right? So basically it nets as 50% off a 10 dollar purchase at safeway basically?$5.95 activation fee per $100 card. If you use a credit card with minimum 1% cb then your net is $5. Better return the more cb you get with your cc.

Danzilla said:   cypheresque said:   anyone been able to buy the mc giftcards with Staples gift cards and get the rebates?IF they sell it to you, you'd be fine for the rebate... the problem is they're not supposed to let you buy prepaid/gift cards with gift cards.

I used the 3 Staples gc's to buy the visa cards no problem. I even asked the cashier and she said sure. The system didn't prompt for anything either.

my store had a printed sign next to the display rack saying Staples GC could not be used for purchase of Staples or third party GC. Lucky you, as I just got my $100 Staples gc from the last time they ran this promo. Wouldn't mind cashing them out.

Yes you can use your Staples rewards to purchase, I was able to do it in store.

In for 5x200 @ my Staples. Now I can BT that 1k to my chase card @ 1% for a year. FW

So is buying giftcards with Staples gift cards YMMV? Cashing out $210 on cardpool will yield $176.40 cash. Not bad!

romsdeals said:   So is buying giftcards with Staples gift cards YMMV? Cashing out $210 on cardpool will yield $176.40 cash. Not bad!


the system TAKING Staples gift cards is NOT ymmv, however, cashiers/managers accepting them is. If swiped, a Staples Gift Card will go through as a form of payment towards these cards.

romsdeals said:   So is buying giftcards with Staples gift cards YMMV? Cashing out $210 on cardpool will yield $176.40 cash. Not bad!

why are earth would you sell these on cardpool? you can get back all but sales tax by buying free after rebate items with them.

if you have 6% sales tax, you'll net about $198 back on far items vs 176 on cardpool.

luckyzgg said:   Yes you can use your Staples rewards to purchase, I was able to do it in store.Are you saying you used Staples Rewards (as opposed to a Staples gift card) to pay for the Visa/MC gift card???

billrubin said:   luckyzgg said:   Yes you can use your Staples rewards to purchase, I was able to do it in store.Are you saying you used Staples Rewards (as opposed to a Staples gift card) to pay for the Visa/MC gift card???

Staples rewards are explicitly disallowed for GC purchases... so unlikely.

--
Staples Rewards cannot be redeemed for or applied against cash, taxes, credit remittance, delivery charges, custom printing orders placed online, promotional products, any purchases made on print.Staples.com, staplescopycenter.com, staplespromotionalproducts.com, staplescustomprinting.btobsource.com, shopstaplesmobile.com, gift cards, prepaid phone cards, postage stamps, prior purchases, Staples Industrial(sm) purchases or purchases on third-party Web sites. Purchases eligible for Rewards is the amount paid at checkout after application of all promotions, coupons and Rewards redemptions. Purchases made pursuant to a contract with Staples Contract & Commercial, Inc., are not eligible for the Staples Rewards Program. The sale, barter or transfer of Rewards, except by Staples, is expressly prohibited. Abuse of the Staples Rewards program, including violation of program policies, or other improper conduct as determined by Staples, may result in legal action, cancellation of memberís account, exclusion from the program, forfeiture of all Rewards accrued, and liability for past Rewards redeemed. If Reward is not redeemed in full on in-store purchase, a one-time-only coupon with the expiration date of the original Reward will be printed for any remaining balances of $1.00 or more. No balance coupon will be given on online or phone orders. Balance coupon may be used for future store, online or phone purchases. Expired Rewards cannot be reissued. Staples reserves the right to change the Rewards program at any time without notice.
--

I believe its been reported in this thread more than once that Rewards won't even go through on gc purchases. Rewards are considered coupons. Registers don't allow coupons on gc purchases.

MISTERCHEAP said:   by the way, for those asking about using rewards on these,

I tried today to pay for PART of the order with rewards, but they simply would not deduct, so the answer is indeed no on that.

HOWEVER! Staples gift cards/cash cards DID work if you have any lying around (both towards the fee and the $100)

luckyzgg said:   Yes you can use your Staples rewards to purchase, I was able to do it in store.It only means you had a stupid cashier, like the people able to check out with Staples gift cards. Even if they CAN do it, they're not supposed to.

Though from other responses, it does seem likely you're mistaken or just making it up...
my4mainecoons said:   I believe its been reported in this thread more than once that Rewards won't even go through on gc purchases. Rewards are considered coupons. Registers don't allow coupons on gc purchases.

YMMV it works for some and not others..let's move on

This deal ended yesterday, right? It is now dead.

EDIT: I see in the ad it advertised the same deal from 11/18 to 11/21. Is this the same rebate as last week or a new one?

MrVietnam said:   This deal ended yesterday, right? It is now dead.

EDIT: I see in the ad it advertised the same deal from 11/18 to 11/21. Is this the same rebate as last week or a new one?


Same:

https://www.stapleseasyrebates.com/promocenter/staples/promo_det...

MrVietnam said:   This deal ended yesterday, right? It is now dead.

EDIT: I see in the ad it advertised the same deal from 11/18 to 11/21. Is this the same rebate as last week or a new one?



Mr V, title reads 11/11-24, far from dead.

MrVietnam said:   This deal ended yesterday, right? It is now dead.

EDIT: I see in the ad it advertised the same deal from 11/18 to 11/21. Is this the same rebate as last week or a new one?
Just find the offer on Stapleseasyrebates.com and check the dates of the offer. No need to guess or ask if dead. Put "mastercard" in the keyword search and you have your answer. Easy peasy. Not cheazy.

c3 said:   per transaction:

$200 x1: $30 (correct)
$200 x2: $75 ($15 too much)
$200 x3: $135 ($45 too much)
$200 x4: $150 ($30 too much)
$200 x5: $150 (correct)

They can always go back and fix these extra rebates.
Any updates? Are these amounts still showing for previous submissions? Are these the amounts calculated for new submissions?

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   c3 said:   per transaction:

$200 x1: $30 (correct)
$200 x2: $75 ($15 too much)
$200 x3: $135 ($45 too much)
$200 x4: $150 ($30 too much)
$200 x5: $150 (correct)

They can always go back and fix these extra rebates.
Any updates? Are these amounts still showing for previous submissions? Are these the amounts calculated for new submissions?
Yes. Confirmed almost constantly on that other forum. Just what the limit is in question. Me thinks it is 10 cards in total per SER account not $1,000.

Exactly as posted below.
I just submitted rebate (5 min ago) and got $75 for 2 x $200 and $135 for 3 x $200. Earlier today I got $75 for 2 x $200 and $30 for $200 x 1.

hmmmm. Just received the following. Not sure what it means as I definitely did not return any gc.

Looks like these rebate product(s) were returned to Staples:

$200 VISA GIFT
$200 VISA GIFT


Since it/they were returned, we've gone ahead and cancelled the rebate process.

But here's the good news: If you purchased more than one rebate-eligible product on this submission but did'nt return all of them, you'll still receive your rebate(s) for the products you kept. Only the submissions for those products you returned have been invalidated.

my4mainecoons said:   hmmmm. Just received the following. Not sure what it means as I definitely did not return any gc.

Looks like these rebate product(s) were returned to Staples:

$200 VISA GIFT
$200 VISA GIFT


Since it/they were returned, we've gone ahead and cancelled the rebate process.

But here's the good news: If you purchased more than one rebate-eligible product on this submission but did'nt return all of them, you'll still receive your rebate(s) for the products you kept. Only the submissions for those products you returned have been invalidated.



did your submission show 4 lines of Visa cards when you only bought 2? that might explain it.

MISTERCHEAP said:   my4mainecoons said:   hmmmm. Just received the following. Not sure what it means as I definitely did not return any gc.

Looks like these rebate product(s) were returned to Staples:

$200 VISA GIFT
$200 VISA GIFT


Since it/they were returned, we've gone ahead and cancelled the rebate process.

But here's the good news: If you purchased more than one rebate-eligible product on this submission but did'nt return all of them, you'll still receive your rebate(s) for the products you kept. Only the submissions for those products you returned have been invalidated.



did your submission show 4 lines of Visa cards when you only bought 2? that might explain it.

Glad one of us knows what's going on I bought 2 ($400), 2 ($400) and 1 ($200). The 2 $400 confirmations said:
Thank you for submitting your rebate request(s) through Staples Easy Rebates! We have received rebate information for this/these product(s):

$200 VISA GIFT
$200 VISA GIFT
$200 VISA GIFT
$200 VISA GIFT

So they're "returning" 2 of them? I've never had this happen before but it sounds like you have?

my4mainecoons said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   my4mainecoons said:   hmmmm. Just received the following. Not sure what it means as I definitely did not return any gc.

Looks like these rebate product(s) were returned to Staples:

$200 VISA GIFT
$200 VISA GIFT


Since it/they were returned, we've gone ahead and cancelled the rebate process.

But here's the good news: If you purchased more than one rebate-eligible product on this submission but did'nt return all of them, you'll still receive your rebate(s) for the products you kept. Only the submissions for those products you returned have been invalidated.




did your submission show 4 lines of Visa cards when you only bought 2? that might explain it.

Glad one of us knows what's going on I bought 2 ($400), 2 ($400) and 1 ($200). The 2 $400 confirmations said:
Thank you for submitting your rebate request(s) through Staples Easy Rebates! We have received rebate information for this/these product(s):

$200 VISA GIFT
$200 VISA GIFT
$200 VISA GIFT
$200 VISA GIFT

So they're "returning" 2 of them? I've never had this happen before but it sounds like you have?
not sure what it will mean to the actual rebate payout $$ wise, but I did see people posting about this issue earlier in the thread, so that's why I thought it was from this issue. Didn't apply to my GC purchases however, I think that happened when the rebate center was offline for about 7 hours the other night.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014