• 11213 14 1516
  • Page
  • Text Only
Thanks to OP for the heads up on this.

My Staples still has lots of both MC and Visa gift cards. I bought six $200 Visa cards. Got them registered for the Staples easy rebate.

Went to Rite Aid and got 4 $50 home improvement gift cards and with that $40 in UP rewards. ( borrowed a friends card for the second $20 )

Just got back from Lowes and was able to get $200 in gift cards with the home Improvement cards.

So total profit $90 from Staples and $40 from Rite Aid.

Not a bad start to the holiday shopping season

IamN41 said:   qnju said:   On which ads did you see this offer?

Probably a regional thing.

From the Rite Aid weekly ad in 20002 zip code (Washington, DC):

LINK
Offer is good in NorCal 95405.

Dano

The RiteAid offer is good in metro ATL. Luckily, near the Staples I use, is both a RA and Lowes.

Reward Amount Pending

When is the deadline to submit the rebate?

i3ighead said:   When is the deadline to submit the rebate?

It's clearly specified on the rebate form.

woomanhei said:   Reward Amount Pending

Ditto. During late round to complete max yesterday, stores around were out of 200 so still went ahead with 4 x 100, pending amounts. I am sure will be alright, during entering rebates it clearly showed $60 card.

Funny that for other rebate on FAR software that had ~$60 VISA rebate they still showed the option to change reward but clicking produced only 1 choice. Even that rebate is in same state.

all first round visa purchases are now showing "Reward Amount Pending" instead of the previous $15/$30

all good things must come to an end, even if the good thing is atleast $150 free. Thank you Staples.

Just getting around to entering some SER's. Showing $30 gc for each $200 gc purchase. Looks like they've straightened everything out.

my4mainecoons said:   Just getting around to entering some SER's. Showing $30 gc for each $200 gc purchase. Looks like they've straightened everything out.

I checked again this morning and my rebates entered on 11/14 are still showing validation in progress and reward amount pending. Previously it showed the $150 total.

Yes same here, validation not done yet ...

Anyone know if these prepaid visa / master cards can be used at serve.com to withdraw cash or attract fees or any sorts? I am reluctant to join AP due to SSN

munkyxtc said:   my4mainecoons said:   Just getting around to entering some SER's. Showing $30 gc for each $200 gc purchase. Looks like they've straightened everything out.

I checked again this morning and my rebates entered on 11/14 are still showing validation in progress and reward amount pending. Previously it showed the $150 total.
Bought mine on 11/11 & 11/12 and all are showing "validation complete" but "Reward amount pending".

mathfaster said:   munkyxtc said:   my4mainecoons said:   Just getting around to entering some SER's. Showing $30 gc for each $200 gc purchase. Looks like they've straightened everything out.

Bought mine on 11/11 & 11/12 and all are showing "validation complete" but "Reward amount pending".

On the Staples rebate site, mine still says reward amount pending, but on http://www.rebateshq.com/ the amounts have been updated. I bought a single $200 card and then 4 $200 cards. Initially it had them at rebates of $30 and $150, but now they're $30 and $120.

metsfan said:   On the Staples rebate site, mine still says reward amount pending, but on http://www.rebateshq.com/ the amounts have been updated. I bought a single $200 card and then 4 $200 cards. Initially it had them at rebates of $30 and $150, but now they're $30 and $120.Same here -- looks like they updated it overnight (I'm using Rebate HQ to track other rebates and the amount wasnt there yesterday)

I had two 3x$200 purchases, but only 1 shows up when I search by name & zip so I had to manually search for it by tracking number -- both show $90 GC and processing

When are we expected to get the rebates ? Holding off on buying a shredder and laptop

tajar96 said:   When are we expected to get the rebates ? Holding off on buying a shredder and laptopThe rebate says 6-9 weeks. Since these are now marked validation complete for some people it is POSSIBLE they could arrive in 2-3 weeks but since the rebate says 6-9 weeks there is no basis to complain if they do not show up in 2-3 weeks.

11/13 bought and submitted rebate shows validation complete
11/23 bought and submitted 11/25 rebate shows validation in progress.

Fixed.

Anyone that bought RiteAid Home Improvement GCs over Thanksgiving Weekend, check your receipt for the UP Reward. I was pleasantly surprised today to see 12/8 expiry of the $20 UP Reward.

So is it possible to use these cards without registering them?

prikindel said:   So is it possible to use these cards without registering them?
most definitely. You only need to register them if you're using them on line.

my4mainecoons said:    You only need to register them if you're using them on line.
Really? Is this new?

dazviking said:   my4mainecoons said:    You only need to register them if you're using them on line.
Really? Is this new?

I thought he was talking about the VC/MC gc, not the Staples gc's.

my4mainecoons said:   dazviking said:   my4mainecoons said:    You only need to register them if you're using them on line.
Really? Is this new?

That's what I mean: Do Visa/Mastercard prepaid gift cards (from Staples) need to be activated? I don't ever recall doing this, and I purchase items in store and online.

dazviking said:   That's what I mean: Do Visa/Mastercard prepaid gift cards (from Staples) need to be activated? I don't ever recall doing this, and I purchase items in store and online.Obviously not, since I used mine right after my purchase on the next transaction.

I checked my rebates at RebatesHQ and they all seem to be a $30 for a single $200 card. Did the person who bought 6 $200 cards end up getting the rebates on all of them? Or did they cap it at $150? I wonder if the SER site will ever get updated with the correct amounts?

tajar96 said:   11/25 bought and submitted rebate shows validation in progress.11/25? I thought the offer was only thru 11/24.

mathfaster said:   The rebate says 6-9 weeks. Since these are now marked validation complete for some people it is POSSIBLE they could arrive in 2-3 weeks but since the rebate says 6-9 weeks there is no basis to complain if they do not show up in 2-3 weeks.It says 6-9 weeks now to allow for the extended return period for holiday purchases. Since these were made before that took effect and are completely validated, I don't see why they should not ship in the normal time frame.

billrubin said:   tajar96 said:   11/25 bought and submitted rebate shows validation in progress.11/25? I thought the offer was only thru 11/24.

Sorry, my mistake. This was 11/23, I checked the receipt again. Post is fixed.

billrubin said:   mathfaster said:   The rebate says 6-9 weeks. Since these are now marked validation complete for some people it is POSSIBLE they could arrive in 2-3 weeks but since the rebate says 6-9 weeks there is no basis to complain if they do not show up in 2-3 weeks.It says 6-9 weeks now to allow for the extended return period for holiday purchases. Since these were made before that took effect and are completely validated, I don't see why they should not ship in the normal time frame.It was 4-6 weeks for the rebate before they noticed the glitch and then it was changed to 6-9 weeks. What is the official return period? Last time I looked it was not on their website. Last year it started 11/13.

dazviking said:   
That's what I mean: Do Visa/Mastercard prepaid gift cards (from Staples) need to be activated? I don't ever recall doing this, and I purchase items in store and online.

Yes, that's what I meant.

Another thing, I see that the MC says "Electronic use only", it's right below the MC logo. Does it mean I can't use it at a B&M store?

prikindel said:   dazviking said:   

Yes, that's what I meant.

Another thing, I see that the MC says "Electronic use only", it's right below the MC logo. Does it mean I can't use it at a B&M store?
No, people were rolling these cards when buying the next card. I assume that means no using the old method of using embossed manual multi-carbon forms of payment. So, yes you can use them at B&M stores.

mathfaster said:   It was 4-6 weeks for the rebate before they noticed the glitch and then it was changed to 6-9 weeks. What is the official return period? Last time I looked it was not on their website. Last year it started 11/13.I'd be very surprised if the 6-9 weeks is due to anything other than the extended holiday return period, not the incorrect amounts shown on one rebate.

billrubin said:   mathfaster said:   It was 4-6 weeks for the rebate before they noticed the glitch and then it was changed to 6-9 weeks. What is the official return period? Last time I looked it was not on their website. Last year it started 11/13.I'd be very surprised if the 6-9 weeks is due to anything other than the extended holiday return period, not the incorrect amounts shown on one rebate.I don't disagree it just seemed like a remarkable coincidence given they didn't change from 4-6 to 6-9 until the glitch showed up. In any case, on rebateshq dot com the status of my rebates is showing "Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing". Parago likes to update some statuses on Monday mornings IIRC so I will check this coming Monday to see if this status has changed at all.

Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing

woomanhei said:   Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing

Mine is still stuck at reward amount pending .. (submitted on 11/13/12)

Products Purchased:
$200 VISA GIFT
$200 VISA GIFT

Validation complete.

Reward Amount Pending

raddish said:   woomanhei said:   Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing

Products Purchased:
$200 VISA GIFT
$200 VISA GIFT

Validation complete.

Reward Amount Pending

Go to rebateshq dot com and check. Parago's website.

dazviking said:   my4mainecoons said:   dazviking said:   my4mainecoons said:    You only need to register them if you're using them on line.
Really? Is this new?

they don't need to be activated but might need to be registered. If you use them online the vendor doesn't see your name/telephone number so may reject the purchase. Registering allows them to match the card to the person ordering like a regular credit card.

mathfaster said:   raddish said:   woomanhei said:   Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing

Products Purchased:
$200 VISA GIFT
$200 VISA GIFT

Validation complete.

Reward Amount Pending

rebateshq shows $150 for my submission. statples itself shows pending. Hope rebateshq has the most up to date info.

mathfaster said:   raddish said:   woomanhei said:   Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing

Products Purchased:
$200 VISA GIFT
$200 VISA GIFT

Validation complete.

Reward Amount Pending

Sweet, it shows there ! Thanks

Mine was just updated today. Last time I checked it said $75. Today it was $60. I bought two $200 gift cards. I'm happy with that!!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.