• 1 234516
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://weeklyad.staples.com/Staples/BrowseByPage?StoreID=2278456...

UPCOMING AD
11/11 Weekly Ad
Valid November 11 - November 17
Switch to Single Page

Buy $100 in Visa® or MasterCard® gift cards and get a $15 Staples® gift card
UPCOMING DEAL

Not Yet Rated
after easy rebate
Valid November 11 - November 17
In store only. Subject to availability. See gift cards for details, terms, conditions and (if applicable) fees. All trademarks are property of their respective owners. The Visa® gift card is issued by Metabank™, member FDIC pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. The MasterCard® gift card is issued by U.S. Bank National Association, pursuant to a license from MasterCard International Incorporated. MasterCard® and the MasterCard® Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard® International Incorporated.

Staples
See Staples discounts that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Nook HD+
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I got Premier email too. So glad. Just purchased some int cartridge online (Not cheap though). Where do you guys get all... (more)

jolapo (Jan. 10, 2013 @ 12:32p) |

i3ighead (Jan. 10, 2013 @ 12:35p) |

Finally recd. the second Staples GC today. Not too shabby.

tajar96 (Feb. 05, 2013 @ 8:29p) |

DO NOT CALL IN

If you have a question, make an account or sign in and you will get an answer back!!! If you call in, you'll just screw it up for everyone (including yourself).

Info About The Deal:
they accept their giftcards ONLY in their STORES. not on phone or online.
The rebate is per household address.


Rebate offer 12-28680, Limit stated as 10. Click here for details (if page fails to load the first time, please refresh)
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Anyone know if there is an activation fee?

Yes, they have a 4.95 activation fee (IIRC). Here's hoping its another limit 10 deal.

for those that did this deal last month ($10?), was the rebate in the form of a gift card? did you have a choice for other options? Paypal, check, etc?

I didn't see any options besides a Staples GC last time when I submitted my Easy Rebates--the GC already arrived though.

eron08 said:   I didn't see any options besides a Staples GC last time when I submitted my Easy Rebates--the GC already arrived though.

thanks, just curious. I have no problem with the Staples gc's, will spend them on FAR items.

can I use my rewards for this purchase?

Would the gift card purchase be a quicker way to qualify for Premiere Staples reward status? Does it count towards reward card status?

I did not count for my account.

Anyone know -- may I use rewards or gift cards to purchase?

slamajammer said:   Would the gift card purchase be a quicker way to qualify for Premiere Staples reward status? Does it count towards reward card status?

no they do not.

maharvi said:   can I use my rewards for this purchase?

You can't use rewards on prepaid cards AFAIK.

thanks @ eron08

When i see upcoming Ad for my nearby Store, I see Black Friday Ad

Nevermind: I see Both by choosing See All Ad Options

MISTERCHEAP said:   for those that did this deal last month ($10?), was the rebate in the form of a gift card? did you have a choice for other options? Paypal, check, etc?

It was a gift card, no other choice. It's in the mail now, haven't received it yet... I wonder what the limit will be on it this time. Activation fee was $5.95 not $4.95 as someone mentioned in this thread, but last time it was Mastercard only. It's possible some of the Visas have a lower fee. Last month, I bought 10 cards in one transaction, and the rebate is for a single $100 Staples GC. If the limit's 10, this will be a nice purchase on my Chase Ink Bold card to reach the $10k spending for the 50k point signup bonus, and get 5 points/$1 spent on the cards, too.

I don't see anything else worth buying in the ad.

This would be a great way to monetize rewards if it were allowed. I think it is not allowed...

Staples said: Rewards and Recycling Rewards are redeemable for most merchandise in Staples stores, online at Staples.com® or by phone at 1-800-333-3330 but cannot be redeemed for or applied against taxes, cash, credit remittance, delivery charges, custom printing orders placed online, promotional products, Staples gift cards, third party gift cards, prepaid phone cards, postage stamps, prior purchases, Staples Industrialsm purchases or any purchases made on other provider Web sites.

BUT to turn discover CashBack Staples gift cards into something you can spend anywhere...

4x$20+$5.95 fee= $85.95 ==> $100 visa/master card + $15 Staples card for a net of $29

wizwor said:   This would be a great way to monetize rewards if it were allowed. I think it is not allowed...

Staples said: Rewards and Recycling Rewards are redeemable for most merchandise in Staples stores, online at Staples.com® or by phone at 1-800-333-3330 but cannot be redeemed for or applied against taxes, cash, credit remittance, delivery charges, custom printing orders placed online, promotional products, Staples gift cards, third party gift cards, prepaid phone cards, postage stamps, prior purchases, Staples Industrialsm purchases or any purchases made on other provider Web sites.

BUT to turn discover CashBack Staples gift cards into something you can spend anywhere...

4x$20+$4.95 fee= $84.95 ==> $100 visa/master card + $15 Staples card for a net of $30


Pretty sure you can't use gift cards on them, either. Staples GCs say they can't be used on GCs. Then again, they also say a limit of 5 can be used per transaction, and that's never been enforced for me, so maybe you can get lucky. When I bought my 10 Mastercards last week, they wouldn't let me use gift cards.

metsfan said:   wizwor said:   This would be a great way to monetize rewards if it were allowed. I think it is not allowed...

Staples said: Rewards and Recycling Rewards are redeemable for most merchandise in Staples stores, online at Staples.com® or by phone at 1-800-333-3330 but cannot be redeemed for or applied against taxes, cash, credit remittance, delivery charges, custom printing orders placed online, promotional products, Staples gift cards, third party gift cards, prepaid phone cards, postage stamps, prior purchases, Staples Industrialsm purchases or any purchases made on other provider Web sites.

BUT to turn discover CashBack Staples gift cards into something you can spend anywhere...

4x$20+$4.95 fee= $84.95 ==> $100 visa/master card + $15 Staples card for a net of $30


Pretty sure you can't use gift cards on them, either. Staples GCs say they can't be used on GCs. Then again, they also say a limit of 5 can be used per transaction, and that's never been enforced for me, so maybe you can get lucky. When I bought my 10 Mastercards last week, they wouldn't let me use gift cards.

I have used Staples gift cards to purchase these. Didn't know there was a restriction. Maybe I had a friendly cashier (I flirt) or a new one. I have definately used more than five per transaction.

Just the same, even if you need to use cash and the fee is $5.95, you can make $9 each or $90 if you buy ten. You can't do that at your local bank

wizwor said:   metsfan said:   wizwor said:   This would be a great way to monetize rewards if it were allowed. I think it is not allowed...

Staples said: Rewards and Recycling Rewards are redeemable for most merchandise in Staples stores, online at Staples.com® or by phone at 1-800-333-3330 but cannot be redeemed for or applied against taxes, cash, credit remittance, delivery charges, custom printing orders placed online, promotional products, Staples gift cards, third party gift cards, prepaid phone cards, postage stamps, prior purchases, Staples Industrialsm purchases or any purchases made on other provider Web sites.

BUT to turn discover CashBack Staples gift cards into something you can spend anywhere...

4x$20+$4.95 fee= $84.95 ==> $100 visa/master card + $15 Staples card for a net of $30


Pretty sure you can't use gift cards on them, either. Staples GCs say they can't be used on GCs. Then again, they also say a limit of 5 can be used per transaction, and that's never been enforced for me, so maybe you can get lucky. When I bought my 10 Mastercards last week, they wouldn't let me use gift cards.

I have used Staples gift cards to purchase these. Didn't know there was a restriction. Maybe I had a friendly cashier (I flirt) or a new one. I have definately used more than five per transaction.

Just the same, even if you need to use cash and the fee is $5.95, you can make $9 each or $90 if you buy ten. You can't do that at your local bank


Yep... plus if you use a Chase Ink Bold, you get 530 points per card which is at a minimum another $5.30, or better if you use it for hotel points or miles.

Any offer number?

StinkPot said:   Any offer number?

a senior member should know those aren't released til Sunday AM

StinkPot said:   Any offer number?

Won't know until Saturday night.

My store has the visa version in a $200 card with $6.95 fee. I Wonder if buying this would get a $30 Staples card.

radiation said:   My store has the visa version in a $200 card with $6.95 fee. I Wonder if buying this would get a $30 Staples card.

It did not on the previous round last month.

EDIT: The $200 cards are working for $30 rebates this time.

Can I used multiple prepaid credit/debit cards to pay for a single transaction? If so, does the register automatically detect the remaining balance, or do I have to tell the cashier to charge a specific amount?

For those who shop safeway/Von's there is a way to add to this deal. Von's(safeway) is giving a $10 coupon towards your next shopping trip wyb $100 Mastercard. $4 net or $10 net (after the $5.99 fee) if you have an AMEX Blue Cash Preferred card (6% back on groceries) and your store allows you to buy gift cards with a cc. Take the MasterCard from safeway and buy another MasterCard or Visa $100 card at Staples. Of course you have to pay another $5.99 fee for each card. Minimizes the number of cards you then have to cash out via some other method.

metsfan said:   radiation said:   My store has the visa version in a $200 card with $6.95 fee. I Wonder if buying this would get a $30 Staples card.

It did not on the previous round last month.


Last month was mastercard only

For those who don't like to have a lot of gc-- Last time I bought 7 gc at once (all that the store had). Later in the week was in another store and they had cards so I used 3 of the original 7 cards to buy 3 more. I suppose you could buy one, use it to buy the next, etc. but if you're going to do that I'd do it when the store isn't busy and you have a patient cashier.

Posted this in Grocery forum but for those who don't follow RA threads:
$100 Visa/MC gc - activation fee => $9.05 MMAR
use the gc to buy Home Improvement gc at RA on BF-- get $10 +Up for each $50 gc. Limit 2 per Wellness card. Use 1 Visa/MC gc to buy 2 $50 HI gc. Get back 2 $10 +Up rewards.
Use the $20 +Up to buy anything (exc. alcohol, lottery tickets, gc, tobacco, etc.) you want at RA
Use the 2 Home Improvement gc at Lowe's to buy any gc they sell (e.g. Staples, gas station, etc.)
net $29.05 MM per $100 initial outlay.

Who/what is RA? Ralphs?

MISTERCHEAP said:   StinkPot said:   Any offer number?

a senior member should know those aren't released til Sunday AM

OK dont get a red butt. There is no protocol that a senior member should know everything. We become senior members by default. Cool down!

FatRick said:   Who/what is RA? Ralphs?Rite Aid

FatRick said:   Who/what is RA? Ralphs? RiteAid

Any reason one couldn't pay the activation fee w/ Staples gc?
Buy $100 Visa/MC gc, pay $100 w/ MC gc from last time. Pay $5.95 w/ Staples gc.

my4mainecoons said:   Last time I bought 7 gc at once (all that the store had). Later in the week was in another store and they had cards so I used 3 of the original 7 cards to buy 3 more.

Did the register automatically deduct $100 for each card, or did you ask the cashier to charge $100 at a time?

c3 said:   my4mainecoons said:   Last time I bought 7 gc at once (all that the store had). Later in the week was in another store and they had cards so I used 3 of the original 7 cards to buy 3 more.

Did the register automatically deduct $100 for each card, or did you ask the cashier to charge $100 at a time?


I'd like to know too .. last time I was shying away from any stunts like this due to a not so friendly manager in fear of being shot down on using even regular CC to buy these.

As a data point, used NFL card from other thread to get in 2 transactions, with 5 + 2 cards at $529.75 and $211.90 respectively that included the activation fees. This time plan to use the other NFL card that is ready ... for another new NFL card for the free $400 deal. Rebate processed so 7 x 10 GCs should be arriving any second based on what others reported ...

c3 said:   my4mainecoons said:   Last time I bought 7 gc at once (all that the store had). Later in the week was in another store and they had cards so I used 3 of the original 7 cards to buy 3 more.

Did the register automatically deduct $100 for each card, or did you ask the cashier to charge $100 at a time?

They charged $100 each time. The cards are like the software rebate gc. Staples registers can't tell how much is on them. Home Depot's registers can't tell either.
OTH my supermarket's registers can't tell initial balance but receipt shows balance remaining after making purchase.

invisible said:   ...Rebate processed so 7 x 10 GCs should be arriving any second based on what others reported ...Which reminds me that soon all rebates will be not be sent until after the holiday return period is over. Even though these are non-returnable, non-refundable items I would bet they would not be sent until after the holiday return period had ended IF the promotion was during the holiday return period. Now to find when the holiday return period starts and ends.

mathfaster said:   Now to find when the holiday return period starts and ends.

I believe it's Thanksgiving through Christmas.

Will the Samsumg Windows 8 Pro ( Atom) Tablet be available on 11th. Checking the store inventory leads to an error page. I think $599 is the lowest price youcan find. Microsoft store listed this for $749

Skipping 600 Messages...
Finally recd. the second Staples GC today. Not too shabby.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 1:30AM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.