• 112 13 141516
  • Page
  • Text Only
my4mainecoons said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   my4mainecoons said:   hmmmm. Just received the following. Not sure what it means as I definitely did not return any gc.

Looks like these rebate product(s) were returned to Staples:

$200 VISA GIFT
$200 VISA GIFT

Since it/they were returned, we've gone ahead and cancelled the rebate process.

But here's the good news: If you purchased more than one rebate-eligible product on this submission but did'nt return all of them, you'll still receive your rebate(s) for the products you kept. Only the submissions for those products you returned have been invalidated.

did your submission show 4 lines of Visa cards when you only bought 2? that might explain it.

Glad one of us knows what's going on I bought 2 ($400), 2 ($400) and 1 ($200). The 2 $400 confirmations said:
Thank you for submitting your rebate request(s) through Staples Easy Rebates! We have received rebate information for this/these product(s):

$200 VISA GIFT
$200 VISA GIFT
$200 VISA GIFT
$200 VISA GIFT

So they're "returning" 2 of them? I've never had this happen before but it sounds like you have?
They had an outage last week and uploaded some of the transaction detail for some of the purchases twice. Then they fixed it. I assume that when they fixed it, the system thought those were returns. Hence, the email you got.

Even though I just submitted the rebates yesterday?

my4mainecoons said:   Even though I just submitted the rebates yesterday?When did you make the purchase?

mathfaster said:   my4mainecoons said:   Even though I just submitted the rebates yesterday?When did you make the purchase?

11-12-12

my4mainecoons said:   mathfaster said:   my4mainecoons said:   Even though I just submitted the rebates yesterday?When did you make the purchase?11-12-12That's the day/evening the rebate center was offline.

Doesn't make sense to me that it would double now since I didn't submit until yesterday. The email shows 4 cards purchased but when I check rebate status it has the correct information: 2 cards purchased. Still showing that I'll be receiving $75 for the $400 purchase and I don't want to call lest it draw attention to the glitch. They'd have to be blind not to know about the glitch by now but I don't want to remind them.

my4mainecoons said:   Doesn't make sense to me that it would double now since I didn't submit until yesterday. The email shows 4 cards purchased but when I check rebate status it has the correct information: 2 cards purchased. Still showing that I'll be receiving $75 for the $400 purchase and I don't want to call lest it draw attention to the glitch. They'd have to be blind not to know about the glitch by now but I don't want to remind them.Blame it on the system and the double posting of the transaction detail. The "return", aka the double posting data was in their data base and your submission of the rebate just looked at all the data. Means nothing in the overall scheme of things. Just a programming glitch due to the outage on 11/12.

mathfaster said:   my4mainecoons said:   Doesn't make sense to me that it would double now since I didn't submit until yesterday. The email shows 4 cards purchased but when I check rebate status it has the correct information: 2 cards purchased. Still showing that I'll be receiving $75 for the $400 purchase and I don't want to call lest it draw attention to the glitch. They'd have to be blind not to know about the glitch by now but I don't want to remind them.Blame it on the system and the double posting of the transaction detail. The "return", aka the double posting data was in their data base and your submission of the rebate just looked at all the data. Means nothing in the overall scheme of things. Just a programming glitch due to the outage on 11/12.

I stopped being worried after I saw that the email said I'd purchased 4 cards (instead of 2). I know that I didn't purchase 4 cards at once.
Thanks guys.

Does visa gift card purchase count towards $1000 requirement for Premiere status?

BTW - the activation fee at Staples for $200 GC is $6.95, compared to all other stores I checked like Jewels only has $5.95 activation fee for $25 - $500 load. so who gets the extra $1? Staples or Visa?

hdlz said:   Does visa gift card purchase count towards $1000 requirement for Premiere status?

BTW - the activation fee at Staples for $200 GC is $6.95, compared to all other stores I checked like Jewels only has $5.95 activation fee for $25 - $500 load. so who gets the extra $1? Staples or Visa?
Purchase of gift cards does NOT count for premier status UNLESS you are lucky like a few people who for some unknown reason had it added to their spend total. I don't believe the spend total on the rewards site anyway as one should call to get the real spend.

hdlz said:   Does visa gift card purchase count towards $1000 requirement for Premiere status?

MISTERCHEAP said:   slamajammer said:   Would the gift card purchase be a quicker way to qualify for Premiere Staples reward status? Does it count towards reward card status?

no they do not.

MrVietnam said:   SegaRob said:   anyone does anybody know if buying GCs counts towards premier status?

No, gift cards don't count towards Premier status.

Fee isn't really lower on the variable load card. If you were just loading $25-$99 you'd be paying more than the $5.95 you pay at Staples.

Just received an email from Staples:
Dear Valued Staples Customer,

We have identified you as one of the consumers who may have visited the
Staples Easy Rebate site to track your rebate. Upon tracking your
submission, you may have noticed that the value of your rebate might
have calculated incorrectly.

Please know that we are working to correct this issue. When you
receive your Staples gift card in the mail, it will be loaded with
the correct reward value.

We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

As always, thanks for shopping at Staples.

Sincerely,
Staples Rebate Team

just got this email:

Dear Valued Staples Customer, We have identified you as one of the consumers who may have visited the Staples Easy Rebate site to track your rebate. Upon tracking your submission, you may have noticed that the value of your rebate might have calculated incorrectly. Please know that we are working to correct this issue. When you receive your Staples gift card in the mail, it will be loaded with the correct reward value. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused. As always, thanks for shopping at Staples. Sincerely, Staples Rebate Team

My $200 cards are showing rebates of $37.50 each, while my $100 cards are showing $15 each.

Just got the same email.

My rebates are $150 for 200x5. So don't know how to interpret email. Do they mean it should be $75? Hope not. I am going to keep fingers crossed and be quiet.

I received one too but NOTE the email address is not from Staples but something else. While it may be true this can happen (as my rebate status says 75$ for 2 200$ cards which is wrong) I am doubting the authenticity of this specific email address (Staples@jangomail.com). Anybody can confirm?

metsfan said:   Just received an email from Staples:
Dear Valued Staples Customer,

We have identified you as one of the consumers who may have visited the
Staples Easy Rebate site to track your rebate. Upon tracking your
submission, you may have noticed that the value of your rebate might
have calculated incorrectly.

Please know that we are working to correct this issue. When you
receive your Staples gift card in the mail, it will be loaded with
the correct reward value.

We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

As always, thanks for shopping at Staples.

Sincerely,
Staples Rebate Team

chikuMarwadi said:   Just got the same email.

My rebates are $150 for 200x5. So don't know how to interpret email. Do they mean it should be $75? Hope not. I am going to keep fingers crossed and be quiet.

I think they just sent it out to everyone who bought cards, or everyone who bought $200 cards. I expect you'll get $150, as you should.

nonameisgood said:   I received one too but NOTE the email address is not from Staples but something else. While it may be true this can happen (as my rebate status says 75$ for 2 200$ cards which is wrong) I am doubting the authenticity of this specific email address (Staples@jangomail.com). Anybody can confirm?https://www.jangomail.com/ probably the email system that Staples or Staples rebate center uses

metsfan said:   chikuMarwadi said:   Just got the same email.

I think they just sent it out to everyone who bought cards, or everyone who bought $200 cards. I expect you'll get $150, as you should.

Well, is there anything in the rebate T&C's that suggests $200 cards will generate a $30 rebate? My guess is that we might be looking at $15 per card, regardless of amount on the card. Promotion title is: "Get a $15 Staples Gift Card on EACH Purchase of $100 or more of Visa and Mastercard Gift Cards at Staples Stores Only" (emphasis added). Seems to suggest that we'll receive $15 per card purchased -- regardless of whether the card was $100 "or more" (i.e. $200), up to 10 cards, for a total of $150.

redcat255 said:   metsfan said:   chikuMarwadi said:   Just got the same email.

Well, is there anything in the rebate T&C's that suggests $200 cards will generate a $30 rebate? My guess is that we might be looking at $15 per card, regardless of amount on the card. Promotion title is: "Get a $15 Staples Gift Card on EACH Purchase of $100 or more of Visa and Mastercard Gift Cards at Staples Stores Only" (emphasis added). Seems to suggest that we'll receive $15 per card purchased -- regardless of whether the card was $100 "or more" (i.e. $200), up to 10 cards, for a total of $150.

Last time, if you bought two $50s, you qualified for the rebate. Similar to the way most manufacturers coupons saying "Limit 1 per purchase" really means "limit 1 per item purchased" instead of per transaction, a $200 gift card (to me) means two purchases of $100. We'll see.

metsfan said:   
Last time, if you bought two $50s, you qualified for the rebate. Similar to the way most manufacturers coupons saying "Limit 1 per purchase" really means "limit 1 per item purchased" instead of per transaction, a $200 gift card (to me) means two purchases of $100. We'll see.

I hope you're right

My local Staples was out of the $100 cards, so I don't really have any regrets. Right now I'm showing $210 in rebates on 5x $200 across multiple transactions. Too bad that probably won't work out...

FWIW

bought 5 @ $200, received the email from "Staples Rebate Team"

4:34:58 PM : AGENT: The rebate is being correctly processed now in the amount of $150.00, please allow 15 days to be mailed

4:36:45 PM : ME: ok, so I won't see any changes then and my gift card will be valued at $150

4:36:46 PM : ME: ?

4:37:08 PM : AGENT: That is correct, Mr. ME

4:37:18 PM : ME: Thank you for your assistance

kirku said:   FWIW

bought 5 @ $200, received the email from "Staples Rebate Team"

4:34:58 PM : AGENT: The rebate is being correctly processed now in the amount of $150.00, please allow 15 days to be mailed

4:36:45 PM : ME: ok, so I won't see any changes then and my gift card will be valued at $150

4:36:46 PM : ME: ?

4:37:08 PM : AGENT: That is correct, Mr. ME

4:37:18 PM : ME: Thank you for your assistance

so this begs the question now....

assuming the first 5 $200 cards get a $150 Staples GC, if you buy another 5 $200, will you get another $150 or is the limit 10 equating to a max of $150 period (ie 5 x $200 cards for $150).

I was thinking the same thing. Might be worth trying.

MISTERCHEAP said:   ...so this begs the question now....

assuming the first 5 $200 cards get a $150 Staples GC, if you buy another 5 $200, will you get another $150 or is the limit 10 equating to a max of $150 period (ie 5 x $200 cards for $150).
Per a chat someone had on that other forum who asked, it is $150 max per SER account. Since it is a rebate CSR you have to take it with a grain of salt but that is my assumption. 2x$50 gave $10 last time to form some kind of basis for the rebate.

MISTERCHEAP said:   ..so this begs the question now....

They have changed the wording on the rebate from "$100 or more" to "Get a $15 Staples Gift Card on EACH Purchase of $100 or more of Visa and Mastercard Gift Cards at Staples Stores Only". Means to me that $200 is $30 and $150 is the cap per SER account.

mathfaster said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   ..so this begs the question now....

They have changed the wording on the rebate from "$100 or more" to "Get a $15 Staples Gift Card on EACH Purchase of $100 or more of Visa and Mastercard Gift Cards at Staples Stores Only". Means to me that $200 is $30 and $150 is the cap per SER account.

Let's hope that is the case.

jqsmooth said:   mathfaster said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   ..so this begs the question now....

Let's hope that is the case.
There is some other evidence to support this view. Posts that those who only did single $200 transactions did not get the glitch email but their rebate is showing $30. Which supports the $15 per $100 of purchase. Which also makes the limit per SER account $1,000 in purchases and not 10 cards. But we shall see once this gets fixed.

I used first $200 Visa to make another $200 Visa purchase. First purchase was on 11/14, second on 11/15.
Submitted both rebates on 11/15 at different times. First rebate went through fine.
Second rebate went through fine but I also got another email that said: "Since it/they were returned, we've gone ahead and cancelled the rebate process". Online status shows "Validation in progress" for both. Have not called CSR yet - waiting for status to change.

I know several people used one Visa to purchase another but did anyone else got the cancelation email?
TIA

TheTigger said:   I know several people used one Visa to purchase another but did anyone else got the cancelation email?
TIA

I used five cards to purchase six cards - started with first card paid w/ debit card, second card paid w/ first, etc. Six $200 cards total.

I've not yet received any "adjustment" e mail messages, thankfully.

I was able to pick up ten $200 in two separate transactions of five each this morning. I will put them through to separate names and addresses.

hdlz said:   BTW - the activation fee at Staples for $200 GC is $6.95, compared to all other stores I checked like Jewels only has $5.95 activation fee for $25 - $500 load. so who gets the extra $1? Staples or Visa?Whoever is servicing the card (which is neither)? You do know that there are multiple companies that offer prepaid cards, right? And if you don't like paying the higher fee, don't buy them at Staples. They're not twisting your arm.

mathfaster said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   ..so this begs the question now....

ICK! That could also be read as getting one $15 gift card whether you buy $100 or $1000 or more, in a single purchase (one receipt, one purchase).... with upto ten GCs (for ten purchases).

( just a worst case possibility that I don't really expect.)

Danzilla said:   mathfaster said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   ..so this begs the question now....

ICK! That could also be read as getting one $15 gift card whether you buy $100 or $1000 or more, in a single purchase (one receipt, one purchase).... with upto ten GCs (for ten purchases).

Hmm; my multiple single card purchases (where I quickly turned over/spent the purchased gc) is starting to look brilliant. Go me!

Danzilla said:   mathfaster said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   ..so this begs the question now....

Just submitted the rebate for a $200 GC and I'm eligble for $15, not the gravy train it was earlier.

Dano

DanoMcGarret said:   Danzilla said:   mathfaster said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   ..so this begs the question now....

Just submitted the rebate for a $200 GC and I'm eligble for $15, not the gravy train it was earlier.

Dano

So then it is not $15 per $100 then?

DanoMcGarret said:   Danzilla said:   mathfaster said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   ..so this begs the question now....

Dano

So then it is not $15 per $100 then?

DanoMcGarret said:   ...Just submitted the rebate for a $200 GC and I'm eligble for $15, not the gravy train it was earlier.Strange as no one who had single $200 card purchases got the glitch email and all those rebates are for $30. When did you make the purchase?

mathfaster said:   DanoMcGarret said:   ...Just submitted the rebate for a $200 GC and I'm eligble for $15, not the gravy train it was earlier.Strange as no one who had single $200 card purchases got the glitch email and all those rebates are for $30. When did you make the purchase?Beteeen 830 and 9PM PST 11/20/12.

Dano

mathfaster said:   DanoMcGarret said:   ...Just submitted the rebate for a $200 GC and I'm eligble for $15, not the gravy train it was earlier.Strange as no one who had single $200 card purchases got the glitch email and all those rebates are for $30. When did you make the purchase?

I just double checked ... all my single $200 gc purchases (bought 12 Nov) still show $30 gc rebate pending.

DanoMcGarret said:   mathfaster said:   DanoMcGarret said:   ...Just submitted the rebate for a $200 GC and I'm eligble for $15, not the gravy train it was earlier.Strange as no one who had single $200 card purchases got the glitch email and all those rebates are for $30. When did you make the purchase?Beteeen 830 and 9PM PST 11/20/12.

Dano
Your data is not even at Parago as yet to process the rebate amount. Check back tomorrow morning or after 12-12:30 AM. Takes roughly 3-4 hours for the data to get to Parago and process the rebate amount. Maybe a bit sooner since its late.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014