• 11213 14 1516
  • Page
  • Text Only
DanoMcGarret said:   mathfaster said:   DanoMcGarret said:   ...Just submitted the rebate for a $200 GC and I'm eligble for $15, not the gravy train it was earlier.Strange as no one who had single $200 card purchases got the glitch email and all those rebates are for $30. When did you make the purchase?Beteeen 830 and 9PM PST 11/20/12.

Dano


Did your rebate status update now? Does it show $30 GC for the $200 Visa you purchased?

I purchased 5 $200 cards on the 20th around 8:30 Eastern Time. Had to goto 2 Staples, first store had 1 card, second 4 cards.
Sumbitted my rebates online yesterday at about 10PM Eastern Time.

Today they are showing as $30 for the 1 $200 card, and $150 for the 4 $200 cards....

rhino850 said:   I purchased 5 $200 cards on the 20th around 8:30 Eastern Time. Had to goto 2 Staples, first store had 1 card, second 4 cards.
Sumbitted my rebates online yesterday at about 10PM Eastern Time.

Today they are showing as $30 for the 1 $200 card, and $150 for the 4 $200 cards....


So you did 2 transactions with 2 rebate submissions, but used same account/name/address for both when you submitted your rebates? So I assume that once you submitted your 2nd rebate using same info it merged with 1st one and now shows total rebate of $150 since you maxed out at $1000 in Visa GCs.

Yes, same account.
No the rebates did not merge (as far as I can tell)
1st one showing for the $200 card @ $30
A second one shows 4 $200 cards @ $150

Both are still showing "Validation in progress" and are seperate on my rebate history list.

I've done seperate rebates in the past for photo paper, same account, different purchase times, and never had them merge before. But I'm def. not a Staples rebate expert...

rhino850 said:   Yes, same account.
No the rebates did not merge (as far as I can tell)
1st one showing for the $200 card @ $30
A second one shows 4 $200 cards @ $150

Both are still showing "Validation in progress" and are seperate on my rebate history list.

I've done seperate rebates in the past for photo paper, same account, different purchase times, and never had them merge before. But I'm def. not a Staples rebate expert...


I wonder why the system is showing $150 for $800 spent when it should be $120 if they corrected the glitch. Maybe for this particular rebate they will merge since they will be sending 1 GC for max rebate per account regardless if you did 10x $100, 5x$200, or in multiple transactions that add up to $1K if you submitted them under one account.

mrtrance said:   I wonder why the system is showing $150 for $800 spent when it should be $120 if they corrected the glitch.

Because they have not corrected the glitch. They have plenty of time to correct all of the rebate amounts before the GCs are issued.

They only sent an email saying "you will get the correct GC amount" -- they havent updated the rebate website to show correct amounts

Would be super happy with $180, very happy w. $150, and okay w. $75
any of the above end up being a MM. Thanks for posting OP!

mrtrance said:   DanoMcGarret said:   mathfaster said:   DanoMcGarret said:   ...Just submitted the rebate for a $200 GC and I'm eligble for $15, not the gravy train it was earlier.Strange as no one who had single $200 card purchases got the glitch email and all those rebates are for $30. When did you make the purchase?Beteeen 830 and 9PM PST 11/20/12.

Dano


Did your rebate status update now? Does it show $30 GC for the $200 Visa you purchased?
It's now showing a $30 GC.

Dano

I did my purchase last week for 2x200 and 2x100 in the same transaction. Submitted one rebate, amount still shows $105 and I did get the glitch email too.

All of the rebate amounts are "Reward Amount Pending".

Anyone know of a way to do multiple addresses without actually sending them to multiple addresses? I need 3 more addresses for the cards I bought. Push come to shove then I will send them to strangers? Haha.

c3 said:   All of the rebate amounts are "Reward Amount Pending".

Sure enough, mine too.

i3ighead said:   Anyone know of a way to do multiple addresses without actually sending them to multiple addresses? I need 3 more addresses for the cards I bought. Push come to shove then I will send them to strangers? Haha.

You can have them sent to me. I'll forward half to you

Is this rebate valid till the 24th, or was it over on the 21st?

chatterbox22 said:   Is this rebate valid till the 24th, or was it over on the 21st?

R.I.F.

FYI ... the battery coupon is in today's ATL paper. Normally priced at 75 cents, the damn Atlanta Journal-Constitution, more affectionately known as the Urinal-Constipation, is priced today at THREE FREAKIN DOLLARS!!! There goes 50% of your MM margin for the batteries. Sigh ...

FatRick said:   c3 said:   All of the rebate amounts are "Reward Amount Pending".
Sure enough, mine too.
Ditto, and I bought single $200 cards.

Does anyone have a photo of the sign that said $15 per $100 purchased?

FatRick said:   FYI ... the battery coupon is in today's ATL paper. Normally priced at 75 cents, the damn Atlanta Journal-Constitution, more affectionately known as the Urinal-Constipation, is priced today at THREE FREAKIN DOLLARS!!! There goes 50% of your MM margin for the batteries. Sigh ...Bonus day in the bay area. Got a free SF Comicle deliuvered and it had 2 $4Q'a and the local fishwrap had a single $4Q.

Dano

chatterbox22 said:   Is this rebate valid till the 24th, or was it over on the 21st?Good thru Saturday.

Dano

FatRick said:   FYI ... the battery coupon is in today's ATL paper. Normally priced at 75 cents, the damn Atlanta Journal-Constitution, more affectionately known as the Urinal-Constipation, is priced today at THREE FREAKIN DOLLARS!!! There goes 50% of your MM margin for the batteries. Sigh ...
go to convenience store early today and ask for yesterday's papers. They'll point you to their dumpster. If you're lucky the papers are right on top and you just pull the coupon. I went late last night before the papers hit the dumpster. Got 6 coupons. Ask friends and neighbors. No self-respecting Fat Walletteer pays $3 for a $4 coupon.

my4mainecoons said:   go to convenience store early today and ask for yesterday's papers. They'll point you to their dumpster. If you're lucky the papers are right on top and you just pull the coupon. I went late last night before the papers hit the dumpster. Got 6 coupons. Ask friends and neighbors. No self-respecting Fat Walletteer pays $3 for a $4 coupon.I went last night looking for a paper. They were out of papers, but looking lonely on the shelf was a Duracell insert! Stopped at another store, same thing.

HEADS UP!!!


The limit on the FAR Staples PHOTO PAPER is LIMIT 4!! not 2 ad in the ad, rebate form clearly has limit of 4.

Squeeze another $20 bucks out of this deal. Rite Aid is selling "home improvement" $50 GC's limit 2 and get $10 in +Up rewards thru 11/24. I used one of my $100 Visa GC's to buy the two, and rec'd $20 in +Up rewards as promised. FYI, the cards say they're to be used at major home improvement centers or thousands of stores where Discover cards are accepted, so I think they can be used anywhere.

On which ads did you see this offer? I cannot find it on either the weekly ads or 3-day ads. Thanks.

Quote:

Squeeze another $20 bucks out of this deal. Rite Aid is selling "home improvement" $50 GC's limit 2 and get $10 in +Up rewards thru 11/24. I used one of my $100 Visa GC's to buy the two, and rec'd $20 in +Up rewards as promised. FYI, the cards say they're to be used at major home improvement centers or thousands of stores where Discover cards are accepted, so I think they can be used anywhere.

qnju said:   On which ads did you see this offer?

Probably a regional thing.

From the Rite Aid weekly ad in 20002 zip code (Washington, DC):

LINK

IamN41 said:   qnju said:   On which ads did you see this offer?

Probably a regional thing.

From the Rite Aid weekly ad in 20002 zip code (Washington, DC):

LINK


Thanks for pointing it out. My bad; now I do see this on my 3-day ads.

my original rebate said $150 for 5 @ 200 on one receipt
verified with chat agent that I would get $150 (and tracked at SER and it still stated $150)
NOW, it just shows blank for the dollar amount where it used to show $150

I might get 5 more cards if I can find them, just to make sure I at least get the "original deal" prior to our discovery on the happenings with the $200s

qnju said:   On which ads did you see this offer? I cannot find it on either the weekly ads or 3-day ads. Thanks.

Quote:

Squeeze another $20 bucks out of this deal. Rite Aid is selling "home improvement" $50 GC's limit 2 and get $10 in +Up rewards thru 11/24. I used one of my $100 Visa GC's to buy the two, and rec'd $20 in +Up rewards as promised. FYI, the cards say they're to be used at major home improvement centers or thousands of stores where Discover cards are accepted, so I think they can be used anywhere.


Here's where they can be used.

my4mainecoons said:   
Here's where they can be used.


Thanks for the link. Sears is in the list. Can we assume any Sears store (mall store, hardware store, hometown store) or even K-mart is included?

Thanks to OP for the heads up on this.

My Staples still has lots of both MC and Visa gift cards. I bought six $200 Visa cards. Got them registered for the Staples easy rebate.

Went to Rite Aid and got 4 $50 home improvement gift cards and with that $40 in UP rewards. ( borrowed a friends card for the second $20 )

Just got back from Lowes and was able to get $200 in gift cards with the home Improvement cards.

So total profit $90 from Staples and $40 from Rite Aid.

Not a bad start to the holiday shopping season

IamN41 said:   qnju said:   On which ads did you see this offer?

Probably a regional thing.

From the Rite Aid weekly ad in 20002 zip code (Washington, DC):

LINK
Offer is good in NorCal 95405.

Dano

The RiteAid offer is good in metro ATL. Luckily, near the Staples I use, is both a RA and Lowes.

Reward Amount Pending

When is the deadline to submit the rebate?

i3ighead said:   When is the deadline to submit the rebate?

It's clearly specified on the rebate form.

woomanhei said:   Reward Amount Pending

Ditto. During late round to complete max yesterday, stores around were out of 200 so still went ahead with 4 x 100, pending amounts. I am sure will be alright, during entering rebates it clearly showed $60 card.

Funny that for other rebate on FAR software that had ~$60 VISA rebate they still showed the option to change reward but clicking produced only 1 choice. Even that rebate is in same state.

all first round visa purchases are now showing "Reward Amount Pending" instead of the previous $15/$30

all good things must come to an end, even if the good thing is atleast $150 free. Thank you Staples.

Just getting around to entering some SER's. Showing $30 gc for each $200 gc purchase. Looks like they've straightened everything out.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014