• 112131415 16
  • Page
  • Text Only
Can't wait - email says "Check is in the mail"......

Yay...my check is in the mail too. I filed mine on November 16.

Mine says check has been sent but it still says reward amount pending.

"Check is in the mail" is just a standard email they send out when they process your rebate -- you'll get a Staples GC

To check the GC amount you're getting, go to www.rebateshq.com and search using your 9 digit rebate tracking number (searching by name & zip may not show all your easy rebates) -- you can get your 9 digit tracking number from www.staplesrebates.com

jatan1986 said:   "Check is in the mail" is just a standard email they send out when they process your rebate -- you'll get a Staples GC

I think c3 already explained that.

jatan1986 said:   
To check the GC amount you're getting, go to www.rebateshq.com and search using your 9 digit rebate tracking number (searching by name & zip may not show all your easy rebates) -- you can get your 9 digit tracking number from www.staplesrebates.com

Thanks. That method shows the correct amount.

Got my 2 x $90 GCs today for two 3x$200 Visa purchases

jatan1986 said:   Got my 2 x $90 GCs today for two 3x$200 Visa purchases

how can you get 2 x $90 GCs?

woomanhei said:   jatan1986 said:   Got my 2 x $90 GCs today for two 3x$200 Visa purchases

$30 per $200 card. They never enforced the $1,000 limit everyone assumed they would.

mathfaster said:   woomanhei said:   jatan1986 said:   Got my 2 x $90 GCs today for two 3x$200 Visa purchases

$30 per $200 card. They never enforced the $1,000 limit everyone assumed they would.

that would be $1,200 GCs purchase

No one knew what the true limit was since the rebate amounts were screwed up in the beginning so it was up to you on how much you wanted to risk buying -- they ended up giving $30 per $200 Visa/MC GC and the rebate limit was max 10 GCs so you could've purchased 10x$200 and received $300 in Staples GCs (not sure if they're allowing more than that)

There was a chance that they could've gave $15 per $100+ Visa/MC GC for a max of $150, but no one knew for sure -- I used a 5% AMEX SimplyCash card so each $200 card cost me <$200, but I didn't have more funds to tie up into this deal and any rebate amount was a bonus for me

In the end:
3x$200+fees = $620.85 - $31.04 (5% AMEX Simplycash CC) = $589.81
$589.81 x 2 sets = $1179.62 paid for $1200 Visa GCs & $180 in Staples GCs

Alrdy cashed out 5x$200 Visa GCs using Serve and the remaining $200 by AP

Anyone have trouble using these cards online? This is one of the plain silver "gift card" ones. I registered with the giftcardmall .com url from the back of the card, then went to make a purchase about two hours later, but the merchant said it didn't pass avs. I thought the point of registering was so they would have your zip, etc for the avs check. I just read through this thread and registered for gowallet too, I'll try again tomorrow to see if that helps.

jatan1986 said:   No one knew what the true limit was since the rebate amounts were screwed up in the beginning so it was up to you on how much you wanted to risk buying -- they ended up giving $30 per $200 Visa/MC GC and the rebate limit was max 10 GCs so you could've purchased 10x$200 and received $300 in Staples GCs (not sure if they're allowing more than that)

There was a chance that they could've gave $15 per $100+ Visa/MC GC for a max of $150, but no one knew for sure -- I used a 5% AMEX SimplyCash card so each $200 card cost me <$200, but I didn't have more funds to tie up into this deal and any rebate amount was a bonus for me

In the end:
3x$200+fees = $620.85 - $31.04 (5% AMEX Simplycash CC) = $589.81
$589.81 x 2 sets = $1179.62 paid for $1200 Visa GCs & $180 in Staples GCs

Alrdy cashed out 5x$200 Visa GCs using Serve and the remaining $200 by AP

Simplycash CC, do I need a business to open account?

woomanhei said:   Simplycash CC, do I need a business to open account?You can get small biz credit as a sole proprietorship (basically using your name as the business name and your SSN as your business tax ID) -- I got the AMEX SimplyCash and Chase Ink biz cards back in 2006 when card issuers were giving credit left and right, but not sure if its still easy to get or not

When I was applying for them I used my name as the owner & the legal business name, SSN as tax ID, picked "sole proprietorship" as company type, I put down "online sales" as business type, for revenue I put $0 and number of employees as 1 -- both AMEX & Chase approved me back then without any problems

They will pull your personal credit report when applying, but the cards won't show up on there

Google "sole proprietorship business credit card" -- you can also search the finance section for business credit threads (search both recent and archived threads)
http://www.cardbenefit.com/credit-education/apply-for-business-c...

jatan1986 said:   woomanhei said:   Simplycash CC, do I need a business to open account?You can get small biz credit as a sole proprietorship (basically using your name as the business name and your SSN as your business tax ID) -- I got the AMEX SimplyCash and Chase Ink biz cards back in 2006 when card issuers were giving credit left and right, but not sure if its still easy to get or not

When I was applying for them I used my name as the owner & the legal business name, SSN as tax ID, picked "sole proprietorship" as company type, I put down "online sales" as business type, for revenue I put $0 and number of employees as 1 -- both AMEX & Chase approved me back then without any problems

They will pull your personal credit report when applying, but the cards won't show up on there

Google "sole proprietorship business credit card" -- you can also search the finance section for business credit threads (search both recent and archived threads)

The Cash Back seems pretty interesting.

jatan1986 said:   woomanhei said:   Simplycash CC, do I need a business to open account?You can get small biz credit as a sole proprietorship (basically using your name as the business name and your SSN as your business tax ID) -- I got the AMEX SimplyCash and Chase Ink biz cards back in 2006 when card issuers were giving credit left and right, but not sure if its still easy to get or not

My apt address is longer than the box

jatan1986 said:   Got my 2 x $90 GCs today for two 3x$200 Visa purchases
when did you submit your rebate?
I did my on 11/13, have not receive gc yet and it's still shows
"Your reward has been sent. Reward Amount Pending "

azz777 said:   jatan1986 said:   Got my 2 x $90 GCs today for two 3x$200 Visa purchases
when did you submit your rebate?
I did my on 11/13, have not receive gc yet and it's still shows
"Your reward has been sent. Reward Amount Pending "
Nov 12

I purchased on Nov. 11, submitted on Nov. 11 and rec'd $150 in gc's today.

Got my $150 today. I purchase 5 x $200 visa. TY OP!

my4mainecoons said:   I purchased on Nov. 11, submitted on Nov. 11 and rec'd $150 in gc's today.Me too. Went to Staples and used some of them to buy this week's batteries and FAR paper. I was waiting for the cards to arrive, had been hoping they would be here by the end of the week!

Got my first gift card, waiting for the second one. Wish I had these to purchase the laptop 2 weeks back. Oh well, still great deal.

Credit to Mr.C for the suggestion but I'm saving my gc to spend making Premier in 2013.

Received an email on 12/18 that said my cards were shipped. Still have not received as of today 12/27. Hopefully they get here soon; I was hoping to take advantage of the year end sales that Staples is running.

munkyxtc said:   Received an email on 12/18 that said my cards were shipped. Still have not received as of today 12/27. Hopefully they get here soon; I was hoping to take advantage of the year end sales that Staples is running.

Same here, tried the online chat, rep claims "...Your $60.00 Staples Gift Card was sent to be printed on 12/17/2012...Please allow 15 days to receive it...". I bought 2x $100, 1x$200 Visa gift cards.

shank said:   munkyxtc said:   Received an email on 12/18 that said my cards were shipped. Still have not received as of today 12/27. Hopefully they get here soon; I was hoping to take advantage of the year end sales that Staples is running.

Same here, tried the online chat, rep claims "...Your $60.00 Staples Gift Card was sent to be printed on 12/17/2012...Please allow 15 days to receive it...". I bought 2x $100, 1x$200 Visa gift cards.

My $150 gift card just showed up today. just over a month from submission to receipt of the GC. Not too bad.

Got 2 $90 GC from two purchases of 3x$200. Submitted one on 11/15 and received around 12/21 the other one I submitted on 11/19 and got it on 12/31.

so if emp1 got 2 $90 GCs, someone probably could have gotten 2 $150 GCs for 10 $200 purchases yah?

What was the most people received?

I purchased and submitted the rebate on 11/24. It still shows "Validation in progress" at Staples site. I chatted with rebatehq person a few days ago and was told the $150 gift card will be shipped to me within 15 days. But the status remains unchanged. Is this normal?

jolapo said:   I purchased and submitted the rebate on 11/24. It still shows "Validation in progress" at Staples site. I chatted with rebatehq person a few days ago and was told the $150 gift card will be shipped to me within 15 days. But the status remains unchanged. Is this normal?
yes. I think my status was still "validation in progress" on the day I received my gc's.

jolapo said:   I purchased and submitted the rebate on 11/24. It still shows "Validation in progress" at Staples site. I chatted with rebatehq person a few days ago and was told the $150 gift card will be shipped to me within 15 days. But the status remains unchanged. Is this normal?Yes, for this promotion the Staples link does not give a good indication of anything. Go to rebateshq.com which is Parago's real site for rebate information and check your status.

rebateshq.com just shows paperless for my second one submitted on 11/24. Staples shows "Validation in progress". Got my first one about 2 weeks ago, will keep waiting.

tajar96 said:   rebateshq.com just shows paperless for my second one submitted on 11/24. Staples shows "Validation in progress". Got my first one about 2 weeks ago, will keep waiting.

Same thing here for my second submission on 11/23. I used a different address, but made the rookie mistake of using the same phone number while submitting the rebate. So it is possible that the rebate has been rejected.

TheHimalayas said:   tajar96 said:   rebateshq.com just shows paperless for my second one submitted on 11/24. Staples shows "Validation in progress". Got my first one about 2 weeks ago, will keep waiting.

Same thing here for my second submission on 11/23. I used a different address, but made the rookie mistake of using the same phone number while submitting the rebate. So it is possible that the rebate has been rejected.

Are you kidding me. Is this yet another thing that I did not know - use a different address and phone number for the second rebate. I tell you sometimes I feel like I am living under a rock. I thought I was an active member at FW, but I guess I have a long way to go. Don't mind learning something I did not know, but not with a loss of $10-$15. Oh well, we shall see. Fingers crossed that the second one will not be rejected.

tajar96 said:   TheHimalayas said:   tajar96 said:   rebateshq.com just shows paperless for my second one submitted on 11/24. Staples shows "Validation in progress". Got my first one about 2 weeks ago, will keep waiting.

Are you kidding me. Is this yet another thing that I did not know - use a different address and phone number for the second rebate. I tell you sometimes I feel like I am living under a rock. I thought I was an active member at FW, but I guess I have a long way to go. Don't mind learning something I did not know, but not with a loss of $10-$15. Oh well, we shall see. Fingers crossed that the second one will not be rejected.

If you had not reached your limit of 10 rebates you're fine. If *mom* bought a set of cards of course you'd use mom's address & phone for her rebate.
I received my $150 in cards.
My brother received his $150 in cards.
Friend got her $150 in cards.
Still waiting for dad's to arrive.

my4mainecoons said:   tajar96 said:   TheHimalayas said:   tajar96 said:   rebateshq.com just shows paperless for my second one submitted on 11/24. Staples shows "Validation in progress". Got my first one about 2 weeks ago, will keep waiting.

If you had not reached your limit of 10 rebates you're fine. If *mom* bought a set of cards of course you'd use mom's address & phone for her rebate.
I received my $150 in cards.
My brother received his $150 in cards.
Friend got her $150 in cards.
Still waiting for dad's to arrive.

whew. I am off the ledge for now. I know, I know I have a long way to go to get to be a Heavy Hitter. I did not cross my $150 in rebates. Thanks.

For some odd reason it said I hit Premier. Only thing I spent on was these gift cards. Is that a fluke? I spent it on 2 accounts when I purchased the gift cards. There was another $1000 that I did not add a Staples rewards account to because it did not apply. Is there anyway I can go back and add those purchases now? Make a rewards account and add it? I would love to have 4 Staples premier accounts for ink recycling.

i3ighead said:   For some odd reason it said I hit Premier. Only thing I spent on was these gift cards. Is that a fluke? I spent it on 2 accounts when I purchased the gift cards. There was another $1000 that I did not add a Staples rewards account to because it did not apply. Is there anyway I can go back and add those purchases now? Make a rewards account and add it? I would love to have 4 Staples premier accounts for ink recycling.

I got Premier email too. So glad. Just purchased some int cartridge online (Not cheap though). Where do you guys get all those cartridges? I'm looking for some cheap resources.

jolapo said:   i3ighead said:   For some odd reason it said I hit Premier. Only thing I spent on was these gift cards. Is that a fluke? I spent it on 2 accounts when I purchased the gift cards. There was another $1000 that I did not add a Staples rewards account to because it did not apply. Is there anyway I can go back and add those purchases now? Make a rewards account and add it? I would love to have 4 Staples premier accounts for ink recycling.

I got Premier email too. So glad. Just purchased some int cartridge online (Not cheap though). Where do you guys get all those cartridges? I'm looking for some cheap resources.

eBay

Finally recd. the second Staples GC today. Not too shabby.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.