• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I was at Lowes yesterday because I wanted to compare drills and I noticed this awesome deal. For $99 you get the drill, 2 lithium-ion slim batteries, and a charger. This is an awesome drill for tasks around the house.

Reviews on Amazon

$99 at Lowes.com

Lowe's
See Lowe's coupons that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Bosch 18-Volt 1/2-in Cordless Lithium ion Compact Drill/Driver
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Super hot.......
Lemme say that I'm a contractor who lives and dies by the drill.
Boschs quality FAR exceeds DeWalt, Milwaukee, Rigid and almost everyone else except for Hilti. This is a great deal......I'm tempted to buy it even though I almost don't need it.

A drill post from the kompressor.

I bought this drill for the same price about a year ago. Great quality and performance.

I was waiting on the Dewalt for the same price from Lowe's when the Black Friday sales start. But this one has 2 Lithium batteries as opposed to 2 NiCad's and the reviews seem good enough so paired it with my 10% off and throw in a few Cash Back bucks and I'm a happy camper. Thanks OP.

I also added the Dewalt Drill bit set they have for $25 marked down from $50. Seemed like a good buy....

http://www.lowes.com/pd_111659-79992-DWA4CASETLW_0__?productId=3...

Thanks OP! Just picked mine up.

Just a heads-up, FWIW, unlike the Amazon one, this does not come with a carrying case.

Does this one suffer from the same lithium battery issues as other drills. I just returned a 1year old Hitachi drill ser to Costco since both batteries won't charge anymore.

Looks great !

Thanks OP, stopped by Lowes and picked one up, was even able to use a 20% off from Harbor Freight (after cashier had asked a manager). But it did work, just asked them to apply a competitor coupon... Came out to $80 plus tax

Zuke76 said:   Does this one suffer from the same lithium battery issues as other drills. I just returned a 1year old Hitachi drill ser to Costco since both batteries won't charge anymore.

I'd say not. I have two fat bosch battery Lithium ion packs that I've been using for 5 years now. Still work like new. FYI I use the battery's 3-7 days a week for the last five years so they get some serious usage.

Nutz. My cheap drill died today and wanted to buy this one but the deal's over.

cruiseliner said:   Nutz. My cheap drill died today and wanted to buy this one but the deal's over.
Still showing up as $99 for me.

These are great drills. I own 3 different flavors of these Bosch (this one, a hammer drill, and a driver), and I love them. I hardly use my DeWalt, Hitachi or Ryobi drills anymore since I got these.

Yeah, I really want to get a new drill, I have a Dewalt that has served me expertly over the years, but it's age is definitely showing (13 years). That being said, I will probably grab the Dewalt on BF as it has the Hammer option, and that is why I loved my last one so very much. Good drill, with ridiculously wonderful versatility.

Zuke76 said:   Does this one suffer from the same lithium battery issues as other drills. I just returned a 1year old Hitachi drill ser to Costco since both batteries won't charge anymore.

If I am correct you probably let the drill sit for a year and never charged it during that time, lithium batteries get damaged when they are fully discharged and not used. At least that is my understanding, it is a good idea to charge these batteries once a month just to keep battery in good shape.

I have this Bosch grill and it and its batteries are doing fine after a year if light use.

It's Back! In for one

It's $169 for me in TampaBay area (???)

Went to do the browser trick in Firefox with codes but the price was back to 169... went back to my IE where it was 99 and applied the 10% off code.
That's as of noon today and just ordered it for pickup.

Raistlin1 said:   Zuke76 said:   Does this one suffer from the same lithium battery issues as other drills. I just returned a 1year old Hitachi drill ser to Costco since both batteries won't charge anymore.

If I am correct you probably let the drill sit for a year and never charged it during that time, lithium batteries get damaged when they are fully discharged and not used. At least that is my understanding, it is a good idea to charge these batteries once a month just to keep battery in good shape.

I have this Bosch grill and it and its batteries are doing fine after a year if light use.

I used the Hitachi drill frequently. I built a giant swing set with it and did lots of home and yard repairs this past summer. Once the drill would run slow I would pop the battery in the charger and use the charged one. One battery would not charge starting back in August. The second battery did the same last week...

I will try this set out once my Lowes 10% comes in.

I've had a Bosch drill and it died completely after a year. I think their quility is not up to par. Stay with Dewalt or other good professional brands.

Thanks OP. In for 1, shipped.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 1:30AM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.