• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
my inlaws are wanting me to find a tv for them and i'm thinking about this 55" model now. seems like a pretty good deal compared to whats out there now. is it a good idea to hold off and wait a bit though in case prices may drop, etc?

cnIsfg said:   dkd711 said:   Many brands sold in the US are Re-labeled TCL TVs if I recall correctly.

Such as...? TCL just got FCC approval to distribute their branded products in the US 2 months ago. From our manufacturer contacts in our tech salvage business I don't know of anyone re-badging any TCL products in the US and we deal with directly with every major brand manufacturer as well as retailer private label re-branders of LCDs and LEDs selling in the US and Canada. If TCL has sold re-branded products in the US it was without the knowledge of the FCC so I seriously doubt it could be many if any.

Thanks for the great insight about this deal.......

Looking at the BF ads, this still seems to be the best 55" LED deal this year. Anyone see a 55" cheaper?

TigerDirect has this for $649 for Black Friday. And although not a 55" there are multiple, albeit difficult opportunities for a Vizio 60" LED for under $700 this year.

I have a TCL 32" LED I got from Amazon, and it's just "ok". I'm on the fence with this one.

ersb9 said:   TigerDirect has this for $649 for Black Friday. And although not a 55" there are multiple, albeit difficult opportunities for a Vizio 60" LED for under $700 this year.

I have a TCL 32" LED I got from Amazon, and it's just "ok". I'm on the fence with this one.

Link? I see at 779 there.

ashukg said:   ersb9 said:   TigerDirect has this for $649 for Black Friday. And although not a 55" there are multiple, albeit difficult opportunities for a Vizio 60" LED for under $700 this year.

Link? I see at 779 there.

It's not Black Friday yet.

I would go with a TCL over a Vizio. Hate my Vizio, love my parents TCL. To each their own though.

My Vizio died in 13months.

TCL makes great music......Don't go chasing waterfalls......please stick to the rivers and the lakes that youre used to. I'm glad they ventured past making music to making TVs

I ordered the 48" a couple days ago... Shipping was lightning fast. Ordered in the afternoon, shipped in the evening, received noon the next day. The TV seems good. I haven't done anything challenging with it, just hooked it up to my laptop. Audio is better than I was expecting, but I wasn't expecting much.

I have tried chasing down the $429, but I can't find any price tracker showing it was ever that, and I have one setup to email me if it ever goes below 479. I'm hoping to get $50 knocked off with the low price guarantee.

I think this monitor is better than the Samsung at best buy for $799.

Seems like a nice no hassle deal. I sprung for one instead of fighting the crowds on black friday to try and get a slightly better deal.

@hpmax

"I have tried chasing down the $429, but I can't find any price tracker showing it was ever that, and I have one setup to email me if it ever goes below 479. I'm hoping to get $50 knocked off with the low price guarantee."
While researching this TV I saw a SD post from 6 days ago with the lower price on Amazon as a hot deal here's the:http://slickdeals.net/f/5513308-TCL-LE48FHDF3300ZTA-48-Inch-1080p-240Hz-LED-HDTV-with-2-Year-Limited-Warranty-Black-429-Amazon

opathal said:   My Vizio died in 13months.

TCL makes great music......Don't go chasing waterfalls......please stick to the rivers and the lakes that youre used to. I'm glad they ventured past making music to making TVs

Hmm, thats TLC...but you tried.

scott78945 said:   opathal said:   My Vizio died in 13months.

Hmm, thats TLC...but you tried.

congrats on falling for a 4 day old troll. Nice bump

AnotherBuger said:   Seems like a nice no hassle deal. I sprung for one instead of fighting the crowds on black friday to try and get a slightly better deal.

As did I. I was needing something for a play area in the basement. Very pleased with it. Then again my primary set is a 47" LCD Proscan I bought from Sears about 6 years back. What a difference a few years can make with regards to picture quality.

Can someone confirm what the depth of this unit is? Looks like its not slim.

It has Sony Guts

I have the 48" model. Its hard to describe the depth... The unit is ~ 1.7" deep. However, there is a panel that extends from the back of that another .6" or so. There is also a bar that goes across the bottom (about 2.5" tall) which has a total depth of about 3".

BB also has Insignia 55" for $599.99.

Are the screens on these TCL's matte or glossy? Also even though these says 240hz I heard they are really only 60hz and that you can't adjust that? Is that correct? Any soap opera effect on these?

Thanks,

-Guru

isaacoply said:   It has Sony Guts

ListedGuru said:   Also even though these says 240hz I heard they are really only 60hz and that you can't adjust that?

Where does everybody get this information that aways feels kind of half-baked? The screen has a matte finish, and I don't believe there's any way to turn the smooth motion feature off, but I don't have any reason to believe that the internals are from Sony or that it's not actually a 240 Hz set.

I've had this one for a few months now and have been very pleased, considering the price.

tooloud said:   isaacoply said:   It has Sony Guts

ListedGuru said:   Also even though these says 240hz I heard they are really only 60hz and that you can't adjust that?

Where does everybody get this information that aways feels kind of half-baked? The screen has a matte finish, and I don't believe there's any way to turn the smooth motion feature off, but I don't have any reason to believe that the internals are from Sony or that it's not actually a 240 Hz set.

I've had this one for a few months now and have been very pleased, considering the price.

Does this set have the soap opera effect? I don't like the SOE thats why I was asking if you can turn off the 240hz setting (if it's really 240hz)...

Thanks for the info regarding it having a matte screen.

-Guru

Now, if only there was some evidence the price was actually $499 (or $449) pre-rebate maybe I could do an Amazon Price Match

The 55" is one day sale at Fry's for $688.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014