• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

pic of TV
Disclaimer
Seems like best deal available NOW without having to deal with the herds of people at WalMart. Reviews are ok.

http://www.amazon.com/LE55FHDF3300ZTA-55-Inch-2-Year-Limited-War...

Listed as part of their Black Friday sale that starts now.

Brand Name: Tcl
Model: LE55FHDF3300ZTA
Display Technology: LED-lit
Display Size: 55 inches
Image Aspect Ratio: 16:09

2 HDMI and 1 USB inputs. NO WIFI
2yr warranty

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

LE55FHDF3300ZTA
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer

TLC
Thanks opathal
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts

foamfollower (Nov. 27, 2012 @ 2:50p) |

Now, if only there was some evidence the price was actually $499 (or $449) pre-rebate maybe I could do an Amazon Price M... (more)

hpmax (Nov. 27, 2012 @ 4:06p) |

The 55" is one day sale at Fry's for $688.

mmfatmon (Nov. 29, 2012 @ 1:47p) |

BEST 55" LED TV for BF
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

FYI it is the same price at local Sams Club B&Ms.

cnIsfg said:   FYI it is the same price at local Sams Club B&Ms.

No tax for most at Amazon and no need for membership.

hammer45 said:   cnIsfg said:   FYI it is the same price at local Sams Club B&Ms.

Yes however you can't look before you buy on Amazon. With TCL you want to look at the PQ before you buy. TCL is new to the US retailer market. They plan to flood low-end LED TV and computer monitor market through discount chains like Wal-Mart and Target. Until now TCL has primarily sold their ultra-cheap (in both price and quality) goods on eBay. Also their 2 year warranty is not onsite. Customers have to return their units to TCL's San Deigo service center at the customer's expense so good luck with that buying through Amazon.

cnIsfg said:   hammer45 said:   cnIsfg said:   FYI it is the same price at local Sams Club B&Ms.

Yes however you can't look before you buy on Amazon. With TCL you want to look at the PQ before you buy. TCL is new to the US retailer market. They plan to flood low-end LED TV and computer monitor market through discount chains like Wal-Mart and Target. Until now TCL has primarily sold their ultra-cheap (in both price and quality) goods on eBay. Also their 2 year warranty is not onsite. Customers have to return their units to TCL's San Deigo service center at the customer's expense so good luck with that buying through Amazon.

Thanks for the insight....just trying to present a low cost 55 LED option for those in the market.

I just bought ths TV, very happy with it. I still haven't tried it out with a BluRay player but everything else has performed admirably.

Many brands sold in the US are Re-labeled TCL TVs if I recall correctly.

dkd711 said:   Many brands sold in the US are Re-labeled TCL TVs if I recall correctly.

Such as...? TCL just got FCC approval to distribute their branded products in the US 2 months ago. From our manufacturer contacts in our tech salvage business I don't know of anyone re-badging any TCL products in the US and we deal with directly with every major brand manufacturer as well as retailer private label re-branders of LCDs and LEDs selling in the US and Canada. If TCL has sold re-branded products in the US it was without the knowledge of the FCC so I seriously doubt it could be many if any.

mfourdraine said:   I just bought ths TV, very happy with it. I still haven't tried it out with a BluRay player but everything else has performed admirably.

I agree, these are very nice for the money. I've seen the 43 in person and i ws impressed. The slim bezel is awesome, looks like the tv is floating and seems to help appearance of black levels.

I've had this one for a few months and couldn't be happier, especially considering how leery I was at first and for how much I paid. I'd do it all over again...

This TV has been selling at this price ($699) three or four times over the past 2 months.
$699 does not appear to be a Black Friday-ish DEAL.
$599 would be a Black Friday Deal.

bluefude said:   This TV has been selling at this price ($699) three or four times over the past 2 months.
$699 does not appear to be a Black Friday-ish DEAL.
$599 would be a Black Friday Deal.

Well considering MSNBC had it lists at $749 as part of their BF TV roundup ad, $699 seemed good. Secondly it's one of the cheapest 55 LEDs out there and hasn't been posted.

http://m.nbcnews.com/technology/gadgetbox/black-friday-hdtv-deal...

I just did a simple search on this site and saw this TV selling at $699. in the past 3 months ... Here
Sorry, I did not know that MSNBC had spoken. ... I generally consider FatWallet to be superior to MSNBC.
Sorry if I offended you.
I personally expect Black Friday Deals to be a Steep Discount. (Not a recurring markdown)
You and I just have 2 different opinions.
I think that $599 would be a Black Friday Type Deal. While I think that $699 is a regular recurring mark down.

tooloud said:   I've had this one for a few months and couldn't be happier, especially considering how leery I was at first and for how much I paid. I'd do it all over again...

I noticed looking online that they mention this led is back light as opposed to edge light. If thats true the picture should be pretty uniform.

How is the screen on this? Matte or glossy finish?

Can you get rid of the soap opera effect on this set?

It if hit $599 I might just bite

-Guru

cnIsfg said:   dkd711 said:   Many brands sold in the US are Re-labeled TCL TVs if I recall correctly.

Such as...? TCL just got FCC approval to distribute their branded products in the US 2 months ago. From our manufacturer contacts in our tech salvage business I don't know of anyone re-badging any TCL products in the US and we deal with directly with every major brand manufacturer as well as retailer private label re-branders of LCDs and LEDs selling in the US and Canada. If TCL has sold re-branded products in the US it was without the knowledge of the FCC so I seriously doubt it could be many if any.

I know that TCL produces televisions for the US market under the RCA brand name, and has for some time. They also produce components for Samsung televisions. I also remember reading that IKEA was using them to produce an all-in-one tv system.

That being said, I can't really say much about their quality. When I sold televisions for Sears, the RCA models were hit and miss on picture quality and reliability.

TCL's have been in the US for quite some time. not sure what the other poster is talking about.

we got a 40" LED form Wal-Mart about 2 years ago or so for $419 and have absolutely loved it.

the opinions are differing but people say they product for RCA and Samsung. when i programmed my Logitech Harmony i did have to use RCA and Samsung codes for various things.

i don't know that this is the most amazing deal ever or anything but 55" is a really large television. you can find many forums on here talking about TCL products.

Oh my goodness what a deal this is.

Yes, the person spewing nonsense about TCL only being able to distribute products in the US for past 2 months is either just making it up or seriously uninformed. I've seen TCL TVs on Amazon a few years now. I remember previous Black Friday deals on their TVs. Amazing a senior member of this forum would be so misinformed.

FWIW, we ordered the a TCL 40" in July when it was $299. I remember that it was on my front porch 1.5 days later, even though we don't have Prime.

I don't watch much TV, but DH and kids are pretty happy about it w/ blu-ray. I did notice a small, stationary red dot starting last month that I'm sure is not supposed to be there. It's easy enough for us to ignore but might be an indicator of quality to some of you guys.

Really want to bite on this to replace my 47" Vizio. Maybe I'll wait and see what happens on or around Black Friday. I picked up a 32" TCL LCD last year from Amazon for my parents and they have absolutely loved it. Yea you do have to tinker with the settings a bit more than most TVs but once you get those right, it is a great set for the money.

Don't know if price is good nor not, absoletely know quality is. I boughr a 32" TCL 3 years ago from Amazon with $50 cheaper than the fewer features from bestbuy. My parents keep it on 18 hours everyday. It still runs well even though the remote is most worn out.

Good find op.
WalMart reviews are OK for way too many things on their site

I have TCL 32 inch LCD, after 3 years it is still doing good. If you don't care about the brand then this is reasonably good TV.

I'm tempted. A friend of mine bought a 40" TCL from Amazon for cheap a few months ago. The picture's really nice. I don't care much for the remote, though...

if 40" was 299 shouldn't 55" be like 411??

greenearth said:   if 40" was 299 shouldn't 55" be like 411??

and a 110" like 822?

cnIsfg said:   

How can this be? TCL sets litter last year's BF ads.

wizwor said:   cnIsfg said:   

How can this be? TCL sets litter last year's BF ads.
LOL, TCL branded TVs have been sold in the USA for AT LEAST 2 years now. There are literally more than one thousand reviews of a 40" TCL model on Amazon that go back to 2010. And that's just the one I googled- there are other TCL models there as well. From the reviews, they may have been TCL braded sets made (or partially made) by Samsung, RCA, etc.

bhy168 said:   TCL is in JV with Samsung. See here: http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/cndy/2011-04/22/content_12373938.ht...

Interesting.....

This deal has been around on TigerDirect on and off over the past few months. I'd wait around for a better deal.

SILVERZ28 said:   This deal has been around on TigerDirect on and off over the past few months. I'd wait around for a better deal.

But still never posted here previously and still a better retailer than TD

hammer45 said:   SILVERZ28 said:   This deal has been around on TigerDirect on and off over the past few months. I'd wait around for a better deal.

But still never posted here previously and still a better retailer than TD

Never posted before because the deal is not that exceptional. I was throwing out the Tiger Direct since they do not charge sales tax in my state like Amazon. TD also had free shipping.

Gonna bite. Hopefully I can get a couple years use out of this before it bites the dust.

Can't we all just get along?

Just got TCL 48" LED TV at Amazon for $429 + tax with FREE shipping.

kareddy006 said:   Just got TCL 48" LED TV at Amazon for $429 + tax with FREE shipping.
It shows $479 now. Did you have to do something to get $429?

Yea was gonna jump on this and it shows 479 now. Sucks

I was refreshing every now and then and it popped back up at $429. Needless to say I jumped on it. Had a $50 Amazon gift card to burn (which ate up the tax to NY) and with prime got it with one day shipping through prime for around $410. Tv will be here tomorrow, and Im a happy customer. Ill let everyone know what I think of it once I got it mounted and everything.

Skipping 25 Messages...
The 55" is one day sale at Fry's for $688.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014